[ROM][2017-10-22][UNOFFICIAL] XenonHD ROM for Mix 2 (Chiron) [7.1.2]

Search This thread

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Just as an FYI for you since you tried to help (and others if they have this issue) and if you have other users asking about it. I fixed the Google Camera modded apks crashing.

As mentioned in this thread (https://www.google.com/amp/s/xdaforums.com/mi-5/themes/app-collection-camera-modded-t3591177/amp/) there are 2 files that have to be deleted after flashing certain gapps.

/System/framework/com.google.android.camera.experimental2016.jar
and
/System/etc/permissions/com.google.android.camera.experimental2016.xml

Ohh... Reminds me though, I had those files installed while trying to get my own GCam installation to work, and yes I also met FCs. Didn't know some GAPPS would bring this with them too. Thanks for letting us know.

Sent from Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 @ LineageOS 14.1

Reactions: bleached45

chispa9

Aug 31, 2009
Just got this phone and wanted to know if this rom will work on Verizon? Or just miui global is what's working on Verizon.

nibelhalm

Jul 13, 2015
using this rom, any video I watch on the youtube app gets all chopped up and without sound. Can't get it to work no matter what kind of video I try to watch on youtube. Is that a known bug? I did a clean flash, coming from epic rom nougat

bleached45

Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
using this rom, any video I watch on the youtube app gets all chopped up and without sound. Can't get it to work no matter what kind of video I try to watch on youtube. Is that a known bug? I did a clean flash, coming from epic rom nougat

I've seen others complain about issues like this (I believe in other ROMs). I have not had this issue on Xenon. I would suggest looking for the firmware updates thread. I had flashed the china dev nougat firmware myself. While it is odd it would be a firmware issue, that seems to be the way to fix it.

EDIT: so it is the firmware. If you were on an oreo based rom, you need to flash nougat firmware.

Last edited:

misha1373

Jan 30, 2018
Hello, I flashed this rom yesterday and it's fantastic, but theres one problem: Poweramp crashes on albumart loading in albums list. After googling a bit I think it's a rom problem, crashlog below:
Code:
New Trace collected :
=====================
Poweramp Error Report, collected on: Tue Jan 30 09:57:56 GMT+03:00 2018

==============

=========================
Version: alpha-build-704-uni full version

Last edited:

hondajohn88

Jul 30, 2013
Upland
Hello, I flashed this rom yesterday and it's fantastic, but theres one problem: Poweramp crashes on albumart loading in albums list. After googling a bit I think it's a rom problem, crashlog below:
Code:
New Trace collected :
=====================
Poweramp Error Report, collected on: Tue Jan 30 09:57:56 GMT+03:00 2018

==============

=========================
Version: alpha-build-704-uni full version[/QUOTE]

I think it's likely firmware. I installed the trial version on mine & album art loads fine. I couldn't get it to crash.
What ROM did you use before loading xenon?

misha1373

Jan 30, 2018
I think it's likely firmware. I installed the trial version on mine & album art loads fine. I couldn't get it to crash.
What ROM did you use before loading xenon?
I used MIUI global, but I wiped everything before flashing, including data. I have more than 1.5k songs, mb that's needed condition.

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

BTW, I can't edit my original post for some reason, there's full crashlog:
pastebin.com/raw/G4gYnPAD

Firipu

Mar 7, 2011
I'm having some battery life issues lately. Running the latest build from the beginning of January. In the beginning my battery life was more or less ok, but these last few days it drains really really fast. I removed any new apps I installed, but around 5pm my battery life is at 15% or lower. I need to top off for the evening every day.

Battery usage is as follows:
Android System 12%
Android OS 7%
Screen 6% (1h42m)
Phone idle 5%
And then my apps.

I have location services on and bluetooth + WiFi. Using 2 sims with 4g in an area with good reception. Spending 99% of the time on WiFi.

Any idea why battery life would degrade over time?

Last edited:

nibelhalm

Jul 13, 2015
I'm having some battery life issues lately. Running the latest build from the beginning of January. In the beginning my battery life was more or less ok, but these last few days it drains really really fast. I removed any new apps I installed, but around 5pm my battery life is at 15% or lower. I need to top off for the evening every day.

Battery usage is as follows:
Android System 12%
Android OS 7%
Screen 6% (1h42m)
Phone idle 5%
And then my apps.

I have location services on and bluetooth + WiFi. Using 2 sims with 4g in an area with good reception. Spending 99% of the time on WiFi.

Any idea why battery life would degrade over time?

No idea whats happening but I can confirm that I have the same issue. My phone is losing 30% battery over night where doze should kick in (on MIUI for example, I was losing less than 10%)

iXanza

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
No idea whats happening but I can confirm that I have the same issue. My phone is losing 30% battery over night where doze should kick in (on MIUI for example, I was losing less than 10%)
Indeed the aosp battery life is really poor. On miui global I'm losing 2% overnight. On aosp(any rom) I lose about 10-20%. It sucks because as much as I want to use this rom, the battery life just turns me away. You'd think with less bloatware the battery life would be amazing. I'm getting around 7 hours of SOT on miui now and the game I'm playing (tap Titans 2) barely heats up the phone on miui but on any aosp rom I can feel the heat through my casing

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Indeed the aosp battery life is really poor. On miui global I'm losing 2% overnight. On aosp(any rom) I lose about 10-20%. It sucks because as much as I want to use this rom, the battery life just turns me away. You'd think with less bloatware the battery life would be amazing. I'm getting around 7 hours of SOT on miui now and the game I'm playing (tap Titans 2) barely heats up the phone on miui but on any aosp rom I can feel the heat through my casing

Not sure what's causing it for you.
1517589261392.jpg
This is from my LOS build, built from the same trees as john's XHD. I'm using Brevent and Greenify to help manage background apps.

chrisvr4

Mar 16, 2010
nottingham
Those that are having YouTube videos being choppy. Install build prop editor on play store. And change audio.deep_buffer.media from true to false.

Worked for me :cowboy:

enzo_cz

Oct 25, 2014
Bilovice
www.mobilizujeme.cz
Guys, been flashing for years but when buying this beauty I got stuck with MIUI. It's not that bad but I wanna switch to this one. Can't get rid of my old ways, lol. The only drawback seems to be SOT here. With MIUI EU I get around 8 hrs. No gaming but evyrything else. Would like to know your thouthgts as you've been with this Rom way too long. BTW I am impressed with what the dev(s) done here.

Firipu

Mar 7, 2011

This is from my LOS build, built from the same trees as john's XHD. I'm using Brevent and Greenify to help manage background apps.

9h of SoT? I can not even dream of that. I barely get that in standby as it were.

Most likely going back to miui (the horror!) until a newer build that fixes it comes out. Unfortunately the phone is not really usable like this. Smooth as ****, but lasts too short.

iXanza

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
View attachment 4407626

I don't have to use anything in miui to get a similar battery life. So why would I need to use greenify to get something similar. Also I'm getting my SOT while gaming as well.

I'll try it again. What base are you using @AndyYan , China or global?

Last edited:

Firipu

Mar 7, 2011
Before running the latest Xenon build, I installed the global ROM and relocked my phone using the MIUI app. Then I unlocked it. Did the full wipe shebang and installed Xenon HD. As clean as it gets I guess ?

Just reinstalled EPIC Rom. My battery life is like 5 times better already. Still at 60% after a day of heavy use (reinstalling everything). Battery would have been dead twice by now on XenonHD :(. It just sucks that MIUI is so horrible compared to XenonHD :))

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
I don't have to use anything in miui to get a similar battery life. So why would I need to use greenify to get something similar. Also I'm getting my SOT while gaming as well.

I'll try it again. What base are you using @AndyYan , China or global?

China Dev.
MIUI has some built-in RAM / background management measures, while AOSP/LOS don't, so I see it's natural to have to manually compensate for it.
Admittedly I have my screen brightness set to a fixed, somewhat low value for the most of the time (indoors), but I did try having it bright and the SOT is still 7h+.

ujj_uu

May 24, 2017
It might be annoying but will this ROM ever support Volte. Here in India this is necessary for Jio carrier.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XenonHD ROM for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
    A Team Horizon ROM
    Based on AOSP r36 7.1.2

This ROM has all the features XenonHD has to offer.
    All hardware functions including:
    NFC
    Bluetooth Audio
    Fingerprint Scanner
    Doze & Wake-up Gestures (dtw works after the first reboot)
    And...many more things.

Magisk is no longer built in, so you'll need to flash it when first installing, and after every dirty flash.

VoLTE doesn't work (at least on T-Mobile). I believe most of the pieces are in place, but there may be something in the firmware that's preventing it? If I could figure out how to tap into the stock cust files, I might be able to figure out how to get it working.

Proximity Sensor is working:

Notification Light:
    I have slowed down the notification light so it isn't all amped up. To make it completely usable, go to:
    Fixed default notification blinks for built-in apps so they are slowed down without needing to go to settings.
    For use-installed apps, add them to custom notification list in settings > notifications > gear icon > notification light > + in upper right corner > select app. Apps added to that list will have slow notification blinks.
    I simply cannot find a way to make user-installed app notifications behave the same as built-in apps. Grrr!!

I have also made the light sensor wait longer before dimming the screen. This helps with left-handed activities blocking the light sensor and almost immediately dimming the screen.
    Reduced time to go back from dim to bright. Screen will dim after 5 seconds, returns to bright after 2 seconds.

I've remove configpanel & pocketmode...they did little to nothing, and may have caused more battery drain than I care for.

Required prior to installing:
    Unlock Bootloader
    Install custom recovery: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962021903579490303
    HUGE thanks to IceMan for bringing this to Mix 2!
    A quirk with this TWRP: This one looks for backups in TWRP/BACKUPS/MIX_2 folder. Normally, the MIX_2 folder is named after serial number of your device.
    So, you existing backups won't be found until you rename the folder in BACKUPS to MIX_2.

Installation Instructions:
    Dirty flash is now available with the above TWRP and 10-26-2017 rom.

Download the most recent build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329071426

Download Gapps (I use Open Gapps Mini) --> http://opengapps.org/

All versions from 10-24-2017 are now encryptable.

From TWRP Recovery:
    IF COMING FROM MIUI-BASED ROM: FULL WIPE AND FORMAT DATA!!
    If you encounter ERROR 7, during XenonHD install, install Global MIUI ROM, then do full wipe and data format again, then install XenonHD rom.

If coming from AOSP-based ROM:
    - Full wipe (Cache, Davlik/ART Cache, System & Data)
    - Flash ROM zip
    - Flash Gapps zip

Huge thanks to Mokee for bringing this device up and making a great place to start.
    Also a very HUGE thanks to @Arasthel for his work on proximity sensor and figuring out the bluetooth reboot stuff and other hints, suggestions and incalculable work.

I'd also like to thank all of you folks here for trying this ROM and providing constructive feedback.
    In addition, I appreciate your patience when issues come up that need to be fixed. I am not a developer, and I have a full time job and a wife that takes precedence most of the time :)

Sources:
    Vendor:
    https://github.com/hondajohn88/android_vendor_xiaomi_msm8998-common
    https://github.com/hondajohn88/android_vendor_xiaomi_chiron/tree/xenonhd

Kernel:
    https://github.com/hondajohn88/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8998/tree/xenonhd

Device:
    https://github.com/hondajohn88/android_device_xiaomi_chiron/tree/xenonhd
    https://github.com/hondajohn88/android_device_xiaomi_msm8998-common/tree/xenonhd
    I need to update the op, but I'll be out of town for the next few days, so no time to do that at the moment.
    Working proximity & Bluetooth audio, maybe some Bluetooth sharing issues, but those might be resolved once I get back into town.
    HUGE thanks to @Arasthel for his work on proximity sensor, please thank him!

XenonHD: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329068448
    AOKP: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617953842
    What you and other developers have managed to do without kernel source is pretty impressive and there are many who appreciate all the effort (myself Included). What was released a few weeks ago, was that not full kernel source?

The mi6 has a decent enough selection of near perfect ROMs since source has been released so I'm hoping once they are released for this it will be similar. The one thing I'm hoping will improve when this happens is battery life, I get around 2 hours more when in time using miui than stock atm. Is a big difference.

Thank you for the kind compliments. The kernel source released was specifically for sagit (mi 6?) But included some new commits for Chiron. Unfortunately not 100%, but getting there.
    On the good news front, I finally got my builds with working proximity sensor. I have an AOKP build working now & and an currently building XenonHD and will test that later this afternoon.
    Both ROMs should be posted later this afternoon, then I can start looking at volte & WiFi calling.

Thanks again ?
    It's really ennoying seeing all those comments about getting rid of the MIX 2 because of roms bugs, dev support, etc.
    Honestly this is dev threads and feelings or moods have nothing to do here.
    Even if it's understandable, it's just about personal appreciation and really doesn't motivate devs to go further in their work. Neither for potential buyers to increase our community.

In my opinion, it's a device that got pretty stable roms really quick. For my personal use, bugs reported are not an issue and future sources will allow to fix them all. It's not like being stuck with a HUAWEI phone and forced to use EMUI or variants.

I encourage devs here to continue their hard work because they have to know that even if their not plenty of a "YEAH" posts everyday, I'm sure many followers here are patiently and gratefully waiting for updates.

Keep it up guys !

Envoyé de mon MIX 2 en utilisant Tapatalk
    I can partial agree with you ..mix 2 is a great phone but development sucks.....
    Look at OP5T ..
    Just released and they are 4 custom kernels & first Oreo ROMs already dropped...!!....
    I would really love to buy this phone but when I'm visiting this forum getting disappointed....

The biggest issues we have to get past is volte/WiFi calling, and for my builds also proximity sensor. @Arasthel has been able to build xenonhd & RR with working proximity sensor, so things are getting better for this phone. Xiaomi has not released the official kernel source yet, so that may be part of the problem.
    I've built an AOKP rom as well, but same non-functioning items as my xenonhd. Both are very stable builds, but without working proximity sensor, I don't really want to release any new roms or updates.
    I wish things would progress faster, but at the moment it's pretty frustrating for me. Hopefully something positive will happen soon.
    I do thank all of you for your encouragement, and I also understand your disappointment. :good: