Doomsday101

Oct 24, 2016
Gwalior
AdarshKushwah.gitlab.io
SailfishOS_logo.png

DISCLAIMER:

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

INFORMATION:

Sailfish OS (also styled as SailfishOS or abbreviated to SFOS) is a general purpose Linux distribution used commonly as a mobile operating system combining the Linux kernel for a particular hardware platform, the open-source Mer core stack of middleware, a proprietary UI contributed by Jolla or an open source UI, and other third-party components.
Sailfish OS is gesture-driven for the ease of use. It runs natively as glibc (not Android's bionic), has bash and busybox (not toolbox), uses Qt for UX, and other opensource projects in its middleware -- which basically is just like a Linux on your desktop, and runs native Qt apps and cmdline apps.

NOTE:

These are test builds which boot indeed but i am solely relying on testers for the feedback as my device's upper touch panel is not responding as of this moment, thanks to a good hard fall on the ground. :')

WHAT'S WORKING :

• Boots
  • RIL
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • Audio
  • Display
  • LED
  • Sensors

WHAT'S NOT WORKING:

• HW keys (SailfishOS is a gesture-based OS so it dosen't needs them.)
  • Fingerprint
  • You tell me.

INSTRUCTIONS:

• Make sure you have unlocked bootloader and TWRP installed.
  • Wipe Dalvik, System, Data and Cache...
  • Flash MIUI_firmware_7.7.6.zip present in the downloads.
  • Flash LineageOS - 14.1.
  • Format Data (*NOT wipe*).
  • Flash SailfishOS.
  • Reboot.

CHANGELOG :

Check out the changelog for the latest release here : https://gitlab.com/adarshkushwah/sailfishos-3.0.1.11/blob/master/CHANGELOG

DOWNLOADS:

Kernel Source: https://gitlab.com/adarshkushwah/escrima_kernel_xiaomi_msm8956

CREDITS:

• Akhil Kalwakurthy (@akhilkalwakhurthy)
  • Gustavo Martinez (@BusterGR18)
  • LineageOS Team
  • Xiaomi for kernel source LOL

XDA:DevDB Information
SailfishOS - v3 (latest releases) for Kenzo/Kate (Redmi Note 3), ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
Doomsday101
Source Code: https://github.com/mer-hybris/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: LineageOS - 14.1 is extremely necessary.
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 3.0.2.8 - debug
Beta Release Date: 2019-03-18

Created 2019-03-17
Last Updated 2019-03-28

Last edited:

sheikmom

DISCLAIMER:

INFORMATION:

Sailfish OS (also styled as SailfishOS or abbreviated to SFOS) is a general purpose Linux distribution used commonly as a mobile operating system combining the Linux kernel for a particular hardware platform, the open-source Mer core stack of middleware, a proprietary UI contributed by Jolla or an open source UI, and other third-party components.
Sailfish OS is gesture-driven for the ease of use. It runs natively as glibc (not Android's bionic), has bash and busybox (not toolbox), uses Qt for UX, and other opensource projects in its middleware -- which basically is just like a Linux on your desktop, and runs native Qt apps and cmdline apps.

NOTE:

This is a test build which boots indeed but i am solely relying on testers for the feedback as my device's upper touch panel is not responding as of this moment, thanks to a good hard fall on the ground. :')

WHAT'S WORKING (Expected):

Boots
RIL
WiFi
Bluetooth
GPS
Audio
LED
Sensors

WHAT'S NOT WORKING:

You tell me.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Make sure you have unlocked bootloader and TWRP installed.
Wipe Dalvik, System, Data and Cache...
Flash LineageOS - 14.1.
Format Data (*NOT wipe*).
Flash SailfishOS.
Reboot.

DOWNLOADS:

LineageOS - 14.1 : https://qc4.androidfilehost.com/dl/...92/lineage-14.1-20170708-UNOFFICIAL-kenzo.zip
SailfishOS - 3.0.1.11 (Sipoonkorpi) for Kenzo : https://gitlab.com/adarshkushwah/sa...fishos-kenzo-release-3.0.1.11-Sypoonkorpi.zip

Kernel Source:https://gitlab.com/adarshkushwah/escrima_kernel_xiaomi_msm8956

CREDITS:

Akhil Kalwakurthy (@akhilkalwakhurthy)
Gustavo Martinez (@BusterGR18)
LineageOS Team
Xiaomi for kernel source LOL

SailfishOS - 3.0.1.11 (Sipoonkorpi) for Kenzo (Redmi Note 3 PRO), ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
Doomsday101
Source Code:https://github.com/mer-hybris/

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 3.0.1.11 - debug

Created 2019-03-17
Last Updated 2019-03-17

any SCREENSHOTS FOR THIS ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SailfishOS_logo.png

DISCLAIMER:

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

INFORMATION:

NOTE:

These are test builds which boot indeed but i am solely relying on testers for the feedback as my device's upper touch panel is not responding as of this moment, thanks to a good hard fall on the ground. :')

WHAT'S WORKING :

• Boots
    • RIL
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • Audio
    • Display
    • LED
    • Sensors

WHAT'S NOT WORKING:

• HW keys (SailfishOS is a gesture-based OS so it dosen't needs them.)
    • Fingerprint
    • You tell me.

INSTRUCTIONS:

• Make sure you have unlocked bootloader and TWRP installed.
    • Wipe Dalvik, System, Data and Cache...
    • Flash MIUI_firmware_7.7.6.zip present in the downloads.
    • Flash LineageOS - 14.1.
    • Format Data (*NOT wipe*).
    • Flash SailfishOS.
    • Reboot.

CHANGELOG :

Check out the changelog for the latest release here : https://gitlab.com/adarshkushwah/sailfishos-3.0.1.11/blob/master/CHANGELOG

DOWNLOADS:

Kernel Source: https://gitlab.com/adarshkushwah/escrima_kernel_xiaomi_msm8956

CREDITS:

• Akhil Kalwakurthy (@akhilkalwakhurthy)
    • Gustavo Martinez (@BusterGR18)
    • LineageOS Team
    • Xiaomi for kernel source LOL

SailfishOS - v3 (latest releases) for Kenzo/Kate (Redmi Note 3), ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
    Doomsday101
    Source Code: https://github.com/mer-hybris/

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 3.0.2.8 - debug

Created 2019-03-17
    Last Updated 2019-03-28
    New Release : SailfishOS - 3.0.2.8 (Oulanka) for Kenzo/Kate

I present to you a new update of SailfishOS for Kenzo/Kate. The link is in the thread and a separate link for the changelog has been uploaded as well. It seems that this update supports 4G network and it may or may not support the Android apps as well because the SailfishOS 3.0.2.8 built for XperiaX and XA2 support the Android compatibility now (These Xperia devices are officially supported by Jolla. ). So i want you guys to tell me if this works...

P.S : My Kenzo is not fixed atm and eventhough i have bought the new Redmi Note 7 Pro (Violet), i ain't forgetting about the Kenzo ;)
    I too tried the build and I didn't find any android app in the Jolla store nor did I find any other store on the Jolla store.
    Android apps as already mentioned is not working. In addition, I tried an app from the Jolla store which I guess was killdroid. It restarts the android services. That app too failed to start the android services.

Seems like there is still a lot more work that needs to be done... Thank you guys for testing and feedback :cowboy:
    I present to you a new update of SailfishOS for Kenzo/Kate. The link is in the thread and a separate link for the changelog has been uploaded as well. It seems that this update supports 4G network and it may or may not support the Android apps as well because the SailfishOS 3.0.2.8 built for XperiaX and XA2 support the Android compatibility now (These Xperia devices are officially supported by Jolla. ). So i want you guys to tell me if this works...

P.S : My Kenzo is not fixed atm and eventhough i have bought the new Redmi Note 7 Pro (Violet), i ain't forgetting about the Kenzo ;)

Just tried the build and sadly I couldn't get either 2g, 3g or 4g working. It kept turning off and on. Something like activating, activated over and over.

I also i tried to install an android app and it didn't work. It kept throwing me back to the web browser every time I selected install on the fdroid.apk.
    Keep it up !
    A little note about fp and volte would be good ?