Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Very well true my friend. But only 1 in 500 make any form of donation. Maybe 1 in 100 will even hit the thanks button. There are a lot of lurkers out who do nothing. No comments, thanks or donations. So really the question is why any of us continue to make our services available. If people would donation just 1 dollar for each Rom. He and most us could at least pay for what it cost us in time and money out of our own pocket. Something think about as the good talent are leaving 1 by 1. Too bad that the Android phone makers can not do as well as what happens here on xda and other forums like it. And yet we pay big dollars for the phone and then continue to pay thru the nose on a monthly basis. Yet come here to get a lot more for free.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

This is so true. Its funny, about a year ago I spent a solid week teaching a few guys from the ground up everything I knew about rooting, getting good battery life, what apps can run in the background, how to flash, make a backup, tar files vs zips vs apks, how to use Odin, etc. Well they wanted to donate to me. I had a talk with Qbking and a few devs about adding a donate button because I hadn't released anything I made yet. Well on the Epic Touch I took over the Venum Ice ROM and did 3 updates. Each update had over 3000 downloads and I got 1 donation.... from one of the first 3 guys. That's why when I had some extra cash last month I donated to almost every dev whose work I used. Like timberwolf said, even if its a dollar, they add up fast and if you happen to be living with a woman, its amazing how much more slack you get from wifey/girlfriend if they see all that time you spent making a ROM/theme/kernel is really appreciated and she can get a manicure or some shoes because of those donations you got. :D:p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

campzalot

Aug 6, 2012
Berlin
Let's do this!

This is so true. Its funny, about a year ago I spent a solid week teaching a few guys from the ground up everything I knew about rooting, getting good battery life, what apps can run in the background, how to flash, make a backup, tar files vs zips vs apks, how to use Odin, etc. Well they wanted to donate to me. I had a talk with Qbking and a few devs about adding a donate button because I hadn't released anything I made yet. Well on the Epic Touch I took over the Venum Ice ROM and did 3 updates. Each update had over 3000 downloads and I got 1 donation.... from one of the first 3 guys. That's why when I had some extra cash last month I donated to almost every dev whose work I used. Like timberwolf said, even if its a dollar, they add up fast and if you happen to be living with a woman, its amazing how much more slack you get from wifey/girlfriend if they see all that time you spent making a ROM/theme/kernel is really appreciated and she can get a manicure or some shoes because of those donations you got. :D:p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

This post along with timberwolf's gave me an idea: Let's pick one day (I don't care, let's just say November 1, 2012), where EVERYONE donates $1 (or ANY amount, for that matter) to a developer/contributor/themer/etc of their choice. Guys, this will help all of us!! Not only will it encourage these people to keep doing amazing work, but it will also obviously benefit the whole XDA community because we (the average users) are the ones who use all their phenomenal work on our phones on a daily basis.

I have to be honest, I've never donated since being a member of this community because I always thought "Aahh...I'm sure somebody else will donate...". But after reading the post I'm quoting, as well as timberwolf's, I realize how that is sadly not the case.
Now it is up to us to put in a little bit of effort in form of a small donation. Let's really prove to ourselves that we in fact are a community and show that in a community, people support each other.
I've literally had ViperX on my phone since the day I bought my phone (version 1.0 back then) and even though I tried out a few different ROMs in between, I always came back to Team Venom after a few days. It's the small tweaks and modifications which simply make this the best ROM but sometimes we seem to take for granted how much work actually goes into these tweaks and mods.

I don't think it's too much to ask for $1 but I also realize that not everybody will be able to donate, due to different reason. However, I do think that with a collective effort, we can say THANK YOU on a different level to the people who make us love our phones even more!

Please join me, guys.
Thanks for reading.

Dear Moderators: I understand how this is not part of the topic but I truly believe that this post can make the whole XDA community a better place for everyone. I appreciate your understanding.

Best regards.

lunchplease

Feb 22, 2012
Realme 6 Pro
This post along with timberwolf's gave me an idea: Let's pick one day (I don't care, let's just say November 1, 2012), where EVERYONE donates $1 (or ANY amount, for that matter) to a developer/contributor/themer/etc of their choice. Guys, this will help all of us!! Not only will it encourage these people to keep doing amazing work, but it will also obviously benefit the whole XDA community because we (the average users) are the ones who use all their phenomenal work on our phones on a daily basis.

I have to be honest, I've never donated since being a member of this community because I always thought "Aahh...I'm sure somebody else will donate...". But after reading the post I'm quoting, as well as timberwolf's, I realize how that is sadly not the case.
Now it is up to us to put in a little bit of effort in form of a small donation. Let's really prove to ourselves that we in fact are a community and show that in a community, people support each other.
I've literally had ViperX on my phone since the day I bought my phone (version 1.0 back then) and even though I tried out a few different ROMs in between, I always came back to Team Venom after a few days. It's the small tweaks and modifications which simply make this the best ROM but sometimes we seem to take for granted how much work actually goes into these tweaks and mods.

I don't think it's too much to ask for $1 but I also realize that not everybody will be able to donate, due to different reason. However, I do think that with a collective effort, we can say THANK YOU on a different level to the people who make us love our phones even more!

Please join me, guys.
Thanks for reading.

Dear Moderators: I understand how this is not part of the topic but I truly believe that this post can make the whole XDA community a better place for everyone. I appreciate your understanding.

Best regards.

Right with you on this, Ive thanked a bit(but prob not enough) but have used some Ice Cold Jelly on my old HTC Desire HD, and now onto Viper on the one X as well as a massive bunch of other things, and not donated. I will donate a few bucks to each of them on or before Nov 1st, we do truly appreciate the work a lot of AMAZING dev's do on XDA, I am only hopeful it is not too little too late

Reactions: campzalot

fcreeves

Apr 22, 2007
Back in NY
Donation

I am somewhat of a lurker now. The last time I was active on the scene was for the DoubleShot. I had gotten another very recognized team to start development for the DoubleShot via DONATIONS. All monies for rooting-ROM- customization with their ROM I donated to the TEAM so they could develop.

Unfortunately, the One X Tegra is not sold via carriers in the US. However the One X Plus will be. Locally, I am the phone guy and sway people toward the phone I tell them to get.

When the One X Plus becomes available (My next device as "No Sense is NON-Sense" will be the One X Plus) I will be on that and would love to push donations toward development...as they should be. I hope team Viper remains as the BEST ROM I HAVE RUN ON ANY DEVICE TO DATE after this historic loss.

Balancing money & hapiness... -That's what it all boils down to. I hope you find your balance. You will be missed.

Last edited:
Reactions: asestar

mnodaddy

Jul 4, 2012
So the bottom line is NO JB VIPERX, this is really sad very sad.
I respect your choices, and what made some how feel good that I already donate,thanks and right support words for the team, So I am not a part of the last decision about stop the ROM.
good luck and I will back to stock waiting stock JB. :(
No custome ROM for me any more "can not drive a Sonata after Accord type R"

Last edited:
Reactions: RichmondoUK

rkuijpers

Aug 3, 2010
I respect your choices, and what made some how feel good that I already donate,thanks and right support words for the team, So I am not a part of the last decision about stop the ROM.

Where do you get your info, because only Jan stopped on XDA, not the entire Venom team!!! :banghead:

RichmondoUK

Jan 2, 2008
Eastbourne

There will be a viperx on jb! But as we all know our beloved Jan has seen the light and enjoying his life now. :) viper will continue, I want to because Jan has brought us so much and feel that I owe him to carry on with the work. I have no way the same skills but I will do my best plus other teammates to continue this epic team

Miss you Jan! Never forgotton. U are No1

Ps didn't mean to thank ur post, quite opposite :p

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

dianlb50

Jul 11, 2010
Austria
Camera settings

Hey great Rom, I just bought the one X so it's my first one :D

So that's my first ROM.

I just wanna know what are the best settings for the camera and the camcorder?

And what's better under image encoding quality ? high or low?

thx

CamoGeko

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hey great Rom, I just bought the one X so it's my first one :D

So that's my first ROM.

I just wanna know what are the best settings for the camera and the camcorder?

And what's better under image encoding quality ? high or low?

thx

Higher is better, but will take up more space.

Spun out from my RenovateD and NCX'd HTC One X!

Reactions: tastic

raymando

Dec 3, 2008
Birmingham
Sorry to say not going to happen overnight. It takes a lot of time and work. Plus our normal lives. It will come when its ready rest assured buddy.

Ps pls don't ask for any ETA. Life is stressful enough as it is :)

I have posted this question many time and no one seems to be giving me an answer, is the anyway to get rid of the liit placed on how may apps we have in our folders
Thank you

skeleton1911

May 4, 2012
münster
Hi,
What about JB rom,we are waiting:) .

SORRY but:
don't ask for it. its ready when its ready.
I always find it outrageous if one asks, all still have a live next to xda.. .the work, the family and friends should always go before/first
In recent weeks was often asked if there is eta's.Please, Please
Please wait and see.

mistoffelees

Jun 23, 2011
Anaheim, CA
Sorry to say not going to happen overnight. It takes a lot of time and work. Plus our normal lives. It will come when its ready rest assured buddy.

Ps pls don't ask for any ETA. Life is stressful enough as it is :)

Take your time and get it right. You have some major shoes to fill with Jan stepping down. We all want to see the quality and features maintained at the level that made this the best HOX ROM around.

Reactions: vaskomobile
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ota.png

OTA.gif
    otadescription.png

theming.png

themeingsample.gif
    themeingdescription.png

hub.png

Venombub.gif
    hubdescription.png
    flasher.png
    This is the custom Kernel Flasher for the ViperX Rom.
    With this script you can easily flash custom kernels.
    Make sure you are on the home screen and connected to your computer and have usb debugging enabled.

After that run the script for your OS.

Mac: start_mac.command
    Windows: start_windows.bat
    Linux: start_linux.sh

changelog.png

Code:
    [B]TEAM VENOM FLASHER 2.40[/B]

[*]Add Boot.img (it's located under the extra menu)

[*]Add NCX 2.17 13 Sense OC (CAUTION OVERCLOCK KERNEL!)

[*]Add Franco Kernel R21

[*]Add Faux 011 Mainline

[*]Add Faux 011 Ultimate (CAUTION OVERCLOCK KERNEL!)

[*]Add Faux 011 Variant Free (EXPERT ONLY EXTREEM OVERCLOCK)

[B]TEAM VENOM FLASHER 2.33[/B]

[*]Add Franco Kernel R20

[*]Add Alex-V sweep 2 wake 0.1 (Try this version if wifi doesn't work)

[B]TEAM VENOM FLASHER 2.32[/B]

[*]Add NCX 2.17 7.3 Sense OC (CAUTION OVERCLOCK KERNEL!)

[*]Add Franco Kernel R18

[*]Add Bricked v0.7 Sweep to Wake

[B]TEAM VENOM FLASHER 2.31[/B]

[*]Fixed typo on the linux script (Thx LordDarlymple)

[*]Add NCX 2.17 6 Sense OC (CAUTION OVERCLOCK KERNEL!)

[B]TEAM VENOM FLASHER 2.30[/B]

[*]Add Alex-V Menu

[*]Add Alex-V sweep 2 wake 0.1

[*]Add NCX 2.17 5.5 ALPHA Sense OC (CAUTION OVERCLOCK KERNEL!)

[*]Add Franco Kernel R17

[*]Add Faux 010 Mainline

[*]Add Faux 010 Ultimate (CAUTION OVERCLOCK KERNEL!)

[*]Add Faux 010 Variant Free (EXPERT ONLY EXTREEM OVERCLOCK)

[*]Fixed bug on windows that's keep running the ADB server

[B]TEAM VENOM FLASHER 2.21[/B]

[*]Add NCX 2.17 4.5 Sense OC (CAUTION OVERCLOCK KERNEL!)

[B]TEAM VENOM FLASHER 2.2[/B]

[*]Add menu for the NCX kernels

[*]Add NCX 0.99a

[*]Add NCX 0.99a (caution Overclock kernel)

[B]TEAM VENOM FLASHER 2.11[/B]

[*]Add Franco Kernel R16

[*]Add Franco Kernel R15

[*]Add Franco Kernel R14

[*]Fixed windows script bug now you see that you kernel is flashed successful

[*]Removed Faux 7b1 Ultimate (He wants me to remove it so dont ask me or him why!)

[B]TEAM VENOM FLASHER 2.1[/B]

[*]Add Changelog to package!

[*]Add Franco to download menu(omg forgot to add it :eek: sorry franco!!!)

[*]Add Franco Kernel R12

[*]Add Franco Kernel R13

[*]Add Faux 7b1 Ultimate (Caution its the overclock beta)

[B]TEAM VENOM FLASHER 2.01[/B]

[*]Add HTC Stock Kernel 2.6.39.4 Use this for the new Rom 2.x.x ;)

[B]TEAM VENOM FLASHER 2.0[/B]
    [B]Main Flasher[/B]

[*]Rewrote the GUI

[*]Only download the kernel you need

[*]MD5 Check before flashing the kernel

[B]Extra Menu[/B]

[*]Boot to Fastboot

[*]Boot to ClockworkMod Recovery

[*]Flush Cache

downloads.png

discontinued
    Ok update,,,

RC4 hopefully last, is in testing, if all good against beta testers expect a release quickly!

Short but sweet as tired :)

Just a heads to take the taste of suspense our your mouths.

I would say ViperX 3.0.0 is 95% complete.

From the tests conducted, only vertical EQS, status bar and EQS theming and other cosmetic imperfections make up the remaining 5% that is needed for a public release.

The ROM is out of beta and in RC status, I've been running it under heavy testing for the last 7 days and even with the "bugs" remaining, in my opinion, it can be released publicly....

But that isn't how Team Venom does things, I speak on behalf of the entire team, we want to deliver a custom ROM experience that is BAR NONE.

Themers are theming, testers are testing, devs are developing and the guys are up until 03H00AM in the morning working on ViperX 3.0.0

When this goes public, all y'all need to extend sincere gratitude to Richmondo in what ever way possible, a one man smali/baksmali coding machine, he comes home from work, gives up precious time with his wife that can't be regained to work on a project for YOU GUYS.

A ETA is undefined but a release is imminent...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    viperX-small.png

...presents you viperX rom!

If you didn't try this ROM yet, you will regret it! It's the most featured and most innovative Sense ROM for the HTC One X.
    Some user comments:

I have been pretty silent on the the 'ROM Scene' as of late, but I feel obligated to say that this ROM is BAD ASS!!!
    If you are a doubter or have been faithful to any other chefs ROMs...

...This is the ROM that is worth jumping ship and worth giving a test drive. Since I flashed, I have not had a desire to flash back or the desire to flash another ROM!
    The latest 4.1.0 version has been perfect to me and beyonds my expectations! Before ur rom I have tried ARHD LEEDROID and many other local roms, none has given me the “wow, it's amazing, how he did it” feelings.
    But I told my self to read a little here in ONE X Section to see how the development and theming are going for this new device...

And I saw this Thread and I have to say one thing:

That is what I call REAL DEVELOPMENT...

Not just taking a stock rom and add/remove some things....

These guys here have made your life really easy and beautiful...

These guys Rock...

It's one the best development Thread in all xda...

WOW best rom I have ever had on any of my many devices!! :D
    Sorry I don't have anything more constructive to say but I felt that I better say something.
    the tweaks are unique, u will never find that on any other HOX Rom out there

You my friend have outdone yourself. I don't need nothing more. This Rom is amazing.
    This rom takes customization to a different level! I am very much impressed!
    Really big thanks to you guys, you all really push the HOX custom ROM to a whole new level. It shouldn't be just one step, but should be few steps ahead. Never imagine you can customize Sense in such a new way

rom.png

Youtube rom review:

credits: Flow-Wolf

Based on 2.17.401.2 release-keys
    Multi-language
    Aroma Installer v2.51
    Deodexed & Zipaligned using SDK r20.0.1
    Supercharged services.jar
    Init.d support
    Memory optimizations
    Ramdisk Tweaks
    Venom Tweaks - HUGE collection of customizable tweaks
    Venom HUB - download themes/read news/send feedbacks directly from your phone
    Venom OTA - receive automatic over-the-air updates
    Venom SuperUser
    Venom File Manager
    Custom Venom Package Installer
    Custom Venom Download UI
    Extended Quicksettings
    Advanced Power Menu
    All Market apps updated to the latest version available
    Latest hosts file (AdAway)

tweaks.png

Statusbar:

• Horizontal and Vertical Quicksettings
    • Rearrange and hide Quicksettings
    • Quick quicksetting
    • Statusbar theming support - theme each icon individually!
    • Hide specific notifications icons
    • Battery Tweaks/MIUI Battery bar with charging animation
    • choose customclock color
    • center/hide clock
    • hide am/pm
    • custom app for clock/weather click on Sense Clock widget
    • Carrier logo for statusbar
    • Replace the HSDPA icon with one of you choice. H+/4G/LTE...
    • choose transparancy or background for notifications pulldown
    • CM brighntess control
    • Hide date from notifications pulldown
    • Customize your carrier label

• - custom app on pressing carrierlabel

- custom carrier caption

- show carrier icon

- show cpu info or other stuff on carrierlabel

- hide settings icon

- run custom app when pressing settings icon
    • choose between AOSP and Sense Recent apps dialog

Rosie Launcher:

• Ultra/smooth Rosie toggles
    • Enable unlock animation
    • Enable landscape rosie
    • Enable infinitive looping on Home
    • Lock/unlock workspaces
    • Transparent navbar
    • Disable wallpaper scrolling
    • Hide app lables on homescreen
    • Choose icon packs for Rosie - Works also for most ADW Icon Packs!
    • Increase rows/colums in app drawer to 5x6 and 7x3
    • Use custom background image in the app drawer

• to downloads tab​
    • Transparent clock toggle
    • custom app for press on clock of htc clock widget
    • custom app for press on weather of htc clock widget

Lockscreen:

• ICS AOSP Lockscreen
    • Toggle to immediatly unlock aosp lockscreen on incoming call
    • custom carrier lockscreen text
    • Hide time on lockscreen
    • Hide apm/pm on lockscreen
    • Hide date on lockscreen
    • Hide operator on lockscreen
    • Custom shortcuts, independent from Sense shortcuts
    • Block notification pulldown on lockscreen
    • Choose back/home/menu to unlock
    • Slide 2 unlock: swype from back to menu key to unlock yor device

Buttons:

• Custom 3 finger swype gestures! Remap 3 finger swype up/down right/left to 8 custom action or a custom app of your choice
    • Configure long press delay of buttons
    • Different capacitive backlight options to control when the leds shall turn off
    • Toggle for 3 dot soft menu
    • Remap longpress home/back/recent to TEN different actions
    • Longpress home on lockscreen toggles flashlight or camera
    • Music control with volume buttons
    • Disable volume keys on lockscreen
    • Use volume up to wake the device
    • Use volume down to shut screen off
    • use volume buttons to take a picture + headsetkeys
    • use capacitive buttons to take a picture
    • Disable volume sound when pressing volume buttons

Others:

• Access hidden phone menu
    • Lock GSM Auto PRL
    • Enable Cube animation
    • 10 Different overscroll colors
    • Highly configurable autobightnesssettings, witth manual config of each sensor value
    • Hide different items on the APM
    • Mms screen on
    • Custom HTC Car apps for Navigation, Phone and Music
    • Fast dormacy toggle
    • Disable HTC SmartSync
    • Hide arrows on htc ime

Advanced Tweaks:

• Minfree configuration in tweaks
    • GPU rendering toggle
    • Fix permissions
    • zipalign apks
    • Mount system rw/ro
    • Disable logcat
    • Wipe cache/dalvik
    • Use custom fonts
    • Use custom bootsound
    • Use custom boot/downanimation

CPU:

• IO Sheduler
    • SD Read Ahead
    • Governor
    • Core control - choose max count of cpu
    • Undervolting
    • Bootloop protection

visit.png

Get support at irc.freenode.net #venomroms

donations.png

Donate, if you want to give us something in return for the hours spent on providing you that rom.​

Team One X:

Donate to me, RichmondoUK:

Donate to m0narx:

Donate to shnizlon:

Donate to iximages:

credits.png

• My whole team, all awesome guys!
    • Beta tester team that found a bunch of small glitches!
    • amarullz for his Aroma Installer
    • Romanbb for the original tweaks mod idea
    • lyapota for his media control mod on Desire HD
    • cyanogen for the brightness mod idea
    • Hamdir for his work on the Rosie mods - ultra/smooth rosie
    • mwr666 for his original themes, most themes in the hub are based on his.
    • Fdb8231, mayfield, jeff, fisha and patensas for the or red venom theme
    • jotha for the original battery mods
    • vegetaleb for his findings on transparent htc clock widget
    • Meltus for the core control idea
    • zeppelinrox for this supercharger mod for better multitasking
    • brut.all for apktool - <3 (-:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode