- Mar 24, 2010
Welcome to SentinelROM for Samsung Galaxy SIII (International Version 4G -i9305 ONLY). Compiled with Linaro Toolchain from modded CM11 source. Android 4.4
This is one of the most popular ROMs for Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Nexus 4 and HTC One X, and after weeks of hard work and optimisation, I launched it for the SGS3 i9300 and it had 500 downloads in the first 2 days... so now I am happy to release it for Samsung Galaxy SIII 4G i9305.
This ROM is compiled from CyanogenMod 11 with all the features you get in a CM11 ROM, plus the following features.
- Increased volume (not quiet like most CM based ROMs)
- Zip Aligned
- LMT Pie Controls - developed in collaboration with noname81.
- Compiled from latest CyanogenMod 11 source by me, not a 'cooked ROM'.
- OTA Updates supported
- Improved Web Browsing performance
- Improved 3D gaming performance
- Amazing battery life
- Additional theming and UI customisation
- FAST support via this page and our Facebook Page
- A free copy of my music player app
This ROM has been built to enhance the CyanogenMod 11 experience, with faster gaming and web browsing performance (no choppyness in Chrome too!) and best of all, extreme battery life.
Countless hours have been spent making tweaks to settings to squeeze the most performance I can find out of this ROM while still providing excellent battery life and without the dangers of overclocking and kernel level tweaking.
I compile this ROM and Kernel from the latest CyanogenMod source code, add my various tweaks and adjustments, then test for stability, so you get all the benefits of CyanogenMod 11, plus my tweaks and extras, all without the instability and inconvenience of flashing CyanogenMod nightlies (which are not designed specifically for the SGS3 like my ROM is.
The kernel source is available from the CyanogenMod's GitHub.
None that I am aware of.
If installing for the first time:
To install this ROM you will need to have an unlocked bootloader and a custom Recovery such as TWRP or ClockWorkMod installed (personally I recommend TWRP, I have had issues with restoring backups using CWM).
- Copy the downloaded SentinelROM zip to your Internal Storage.
- Boot into your custom recovery
- Back up your stock ROM
- Enter custom recovery
- Factory Reset and wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
- Format System Partition
- Install the ROM
- Install GAPPS
- Reboot - First boot may take up to 5 minutes
Important: After installation you will be asked if you want to turn on CyanogenMod Statistics, please leave it off as this is an unofficial/modified build.
Note: Use of titanium backup to restore apps and data from another ROM is not recommended, and is the source of 90% of user issues, especially when it comes to battery life. Do so at your own risk.
You may flash other kernels as you wish via recovery. Remember to also flash the correct libraries for any 3rd party kernels. Instructions will be given by the Kernel author. NOTE: Updating the ROM via OTA will also overwrite any custom Kernels you have installed.
The following mods are developed by 3rd parties and have been tested by SentinelROM Users.
I can not offer support for these mods, or comment on their affect on performance or battery life. Use at your own risk.
Enable On Screen Nav Soft Keys - by NemesisRE
MegaBassBeats! - by DeHuMaNiZeD
exFAT SD Card support - by HMkX2
AOSP Camera with improved features and quality - by TheUnkn0wn
- Thanks very much to all those who have answered my questions through the process of creating my own ROM, you know who you are.
- CyanogenMod for their outstanding work. Full credit to them for the bulk of this ROM.
- OTA-UpdateCenter.pro for their OTA database support and OTA Updater app source.
- Special thanks to sebbe312 for assistance with Beta testing the ROM.
NOTE: If you require exFAT SD Card support. Use the mod posted above.
SentinelROM v6.00 - See Changelog below for details
Please don't forget to hit the Thanks button too
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps >Check the lastest package available on top.
MD5Sum: check the md5 of the files before flashing it
Please visit my FAQ's page before asking questions in the thread. Chances are the answer is already there! I'm always happy to help out with any other questions.
I hope you enjoy my ROM. If you do, plase consider a donation to the CyanogenMod team. If you really like my build, please consider a donation to me as well. Donations go towards flowers for my wife so she lets me keep developing!