[ROM][23-03-14][Flinny] Vision - Andromadus - CM11.0 [alpha5]

Search This thread

Mrcepan990

Nov 6, 2009
Just install a quick and stable ROM.
I.E. no KK roms on our device for now....

But this ROM is stable for me (not rock solid maybe, but deffo good enough to be DD). Memory Manager reduces lag MASSIVELY, in fact I think I'm happy with the performance and won't even need any more tricks (maybe screen rotation response could be little bit better).

Sent from my Desire Z using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Hawaiian Droid

tatowaki

May 10, 2009
Salut Keno, What do you mean by a quick and stable ROM, do you have a pref for any of them ?
I'm thinking to downgrade in order to get the best experience possible on a DZ. I'm planning to buy a new phone (the mic doesn't work anymore on my DZ since a week :() but I would like to keep it with a non too much experimental ROM, even with the mic not working.
I'm interested by the sony Z1, it looks like a decent phone and begins to be affordable. Almost 4 years for the DZ it's not so bad after all, nowadays.

I'm on the same boat, my DZ MIC stopped working.
I'd recommend you the Nexus 5, and it's a beast. Best price vs quality phone in market, excluding chinese-branded smartphones. FYI bought it for 280€ in ValueBasket via Rakuten.

As Kéno40, I have AfterNDromadus installed in the DZ. Highly recommended.

la.ouiche

Dec 5, 2009
I'm on the same boat, my DZ MIC stopped working.
I'd recommend you the Nexus 5, and it's a beast. Best price vs quality phone in market, excluding chinese-branded smartphones. FYI bought it for 280€ in ValueBasket via Rakuten.

As Kéno40, I have AfterNDromadus installed in the DZ. Highly recommended.
I have hesitated and looked at the N5 but for me LG is not reliable enough (my girl got 2 N4 and they are so fragile)... And the N5 is not brand new anymore and formers flagships from others brands now compete with its price. I found the Xperia Z1 at 300€, so for the price it beats anything (apart from Chinesy-chinese-brand). It can resist water and seems solidly built, so I hope it will last almost 4 years like the DZ if I don't drop it too often of course :p
And there's a Z in the name so I'm not lost ^^
Sorry for ruinning the topic again but it's kind of a goodbye here, I'm going to root my new Z1 today :D
Cheers guys

Kéno40

Nov 1, 2010
I have hesitated and looked at the N5 but for me LG is not reliable enough (my girl got 2 N4 and they are so fragile)... And the N5 is not brand new anymore and formers flagships from others brands now compete with its price. I found the Xperia Z1 at 300€, so for the price it beats anything (apart from Chinesy-chinese-brand). It can resist water and seems solidly built, so I hope it will last almost 4 years like the DZ if I don't drop it too often of course :p
And there's a Z in the name so I'm not lost ^^
Sorry for ruinning the topic again but it's kind of a goodbye here, I'm going to root my new Z1 today :D
Cheers guys

Z1 is far away too big for me ...
Dimensions (l x p x h) en mm 73,9 x 8,5 x 144,4

Today, I'd say maybe moto G
Z3 compact could be good, but expensive for now. So I wait.
Or HTC One Mini2 or the next one in this segment....

Et bonne continuation à toi la.ouiche!!

la.ouiche

Dec 5, 2009
Z1 is far away too big for me ...
Dimensions (l x p x h) en mm 73,9 x 8,5 x 144,4

Today, I'd say maybe moto G
Z3 compact could be good, but expensive for now. So I wait.
Or HTC One Mini2 or the next one in this segment....

Et bonne continuation à toi la.ouiche!!
Merci !!
I have to say that I didn't though about the size when I choose the phone ! I compared prices, specs and everything but forgot the size ! I have now the Z1 in my hands, and yes it is big, very big. It's a real pleasure when you use the phone for sure. And to move with it is harder, I'll have to change my habits, it fits in the pocket but you can't run anymore... I think I will keep it with my wallet at all times as it's the same size....

hrk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Rome
FWIW I bought a Z1 compact last Friday. It's somewhat bigger than the DZ, but still manageable.

Unfortunately Sony is all for openness and bootloader unlocking, provided you accept to void your warranty.

I'm still using the DZ as I lacked the time to get a micro SIM...

Inviato dal mio HTC Vision con Tapatalk 2

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Guys, I've not had fine to touch the dz/saga recently (getting married on Sunday). I've got an m8 and it's a really nice phone the size you just get used to. The wife to be just for the one 2 mini and it's really nice also.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the wedding! Just had my one year myself. Do what you need to do and don't worry about ROM building until you have the time. The m8 is a fantastic phone and someday u may get one myself but can't justify spending more than $300 on a phone still especially when these older phones still get development.
Hope all goes well with married life! (Its really no different)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sagar LP

Jun 9, 2014
Kolkata
bass distortion badly

Hi I'm facing sound distortion problem in flinny cm11 alpha3 rom .its a basically bass distortion in full volume. guys if anyone able to solve this issue plz reply :(

Aktivehate

Nov 10, 2010
Guys, I've not had fine to touch the dz/saga recently (getting married on Sunday). I've got an m8 and it's a really nice phone the size you just get used to. The wife to be just for the one 2 mini and it's really nice also.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

Congrats on your wedding! Make it an unforgetable day :)

I've left the DZ as my main phone last year, i had the chance to buy a cheap One S. Used it for nearly a year, then sold it to my girlfriend. Currently running the Nexus 5 as main phone and still my old DZ as backup phone. The awesomeness is that despite the 3 year difference since the release they both run CM11!

Firestone_cz

Feb 12, 2010
Hello everybody. Could I ask for help what I have to do when I try to install Flinny's CM11.0 into my rooted Desire Z @ old CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Android v2.3.7) with ROM Manager v5.5.3.7?
Thx for any possible info that could help for newbie :)

jim_reich

May 15, 2016
Goldfish issues -- solved?

Hey, did you ever figure out the story with goldfish? I'm trying to build the Bluez for Android version of lollipop on nexus7, and I'm getting the same goldfish error, and I have no idea why we'd even be building goldfish, or whether I can turn it off somehow.

I see some references to goldfish in build files, but have no idea what kind of havoc would be created without it. I see goldfish references in build/target/product. When I kill them, I start getting complaints about the APN system, which should only be for phones. So I've started brutally ripping all of the emulator and phone-related targets out of my build files, but this is incredibly painful. It'd be great if you could share a solution that maybe solves the other problems too...

I'm not trying to do anything too weird here -- I'm using the recommended Ubuntu 12.04, building for the nexus 7. I would have expected it to just build...

===snip====
including ./system/vold/Android.mk ...
including ./tools/external/fat32lib/Android.mk ...
including ./vendor/qcom/flo/proprietary/Android.mk ...
make: *** No rule to make target `device/generic/goldfish/fstab.goldfish', needed by `out/target/product/generic/root/fstab.goldfish'. Stop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Andromadus - Test Builds

To start with here you will find test versions of ROMs built by me from the Andromadus github repo http://github.com/Andromadus, think of them along the same concept as nightly builds just not every night These are development ROM's, if you want to run bleeding edge development ROM's and at least know how to use adb and logcat then you might find something of interest here. If you require something that works 100% of the time all of the time then this might not be for you. That said you can always give it a try and if it doesn't work restore your previous nandroid backup!

What IS Andromadus?
    Initially it was a group of people who got together to make ICS work on the HTC Desire Z because nobody else seemed to want to support devices with physical hardware keyboards/trackpads. Whilst the idea stays the same It has grown slightly to support some other hardware and some of the work we have done is now used in many other devices. Andromadus builds of CM10 or CM10.1 are basically CM sources with a few additional tweaks or additions to support our phones.

1. New versions will be added as and when I feel there are enough changes to warrant one, don’t ask when the next version is coming.

2. If we decide to release a "Stable" version of these roms they will be published in another Andromadus thread.
    Direct all your queries with release versions to that thread and in the same vain do not discuss these releases anywhere but here.

3. I will do as best I can to answer questions but if you don't get an answer from me I'm sure somebody else will be along to help. Help each other and I have more time to spend fixing things!

4. Don't ask for what's changed since the previous version, have a look at the recent submits on the Andromadus github if you want to know or wait for the mini changelogs when I post a new release.

5. If there is something in particular to test it'll be mentioned!

6. As always if you didn't wipe between installations then at least verify that the problem exists on a clean install before posting here. Nandroid/superwipe/install/check at the end of the day you can always restore your nandroid if the problem is reproducible on a clean installation. If you can't be bothered to try this then I really can't be bothered to try to help you :>

7. All that said ensure you make a nandroid/backup before hand. I take no responsibility for what you do to your phone with these ROM.

8. Whilst I can't stop you I would rather these builds were not used as a base for any ROM/MOD/ETC. The source is all available if you want to do your own builds with which you can do whatever you like.

9. Tell us what works/what's worse/what's better but don't ***** when something breaks or isn't fixed yet, report it and move on.

10. Sometimes people forget that we do this for fun, for ourselves, and sometimes your super important issue is way down on our personal list of things to be fixed.

If you ignore any of the above you will in turn be ignored.

Now that's all out of the way as always have fun

As usual you need to flash the ROM then GAPPS.

Checkout http://andromadus.flinny.org for links/files/changelog's

This a team/community effort, I'll not list everyone who has helped along the way here that list is in the beta thread but I will say thanks to all of them again and obviously anyone that has been missed.
    New build is up.
    Download
    Added CMAccount
    Switched CMFileManager & Calculator to cm-10.2 branch, to get newer features
    Patched kernel to 3.0.96
    Removed Camera key unlock, because no one except myself was using it :p
    Build 12 is up.
    Current Build Changelog

Build 16

Rom

Should have fixed the zoom problem with browser some were having with large fingers/thumb presses.
    Notification LED should be green again.
    Disabled sliding picture animation when taking a picture for now.
    Saga, rotation issue should be resolved again.
    Everything else synced with CM.

Kernel

Patched to 3.0.66
    Saga - S2W should be disabled by default on a clean install
    Increased PMEM allocation on both SAGA and VISION as we were having out of PMEM issues sometimes when coming out of standby.

MDDI - sorry still need an updated kernel for you.

Checkout http://andromadus.flinny.org for previous changelogs
    Just having 'fun' with GPS... Once I get it working properly across both vision and saga I'll do a new build.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk