[ROM][23/05/2010][AOSP Vanilla 2.1][Multi-flavor] VanillaEclair 2.0.3

Would you like me to develop a VanillaCupcake(Vanilla Android 1.5) build?

• Total voters
Search This thread

RaduG

Apr 3, 2010
London
VanillaEclair 2.0.3 changelog:
- fixed Facebook sync - you may now download Facebook from market
- fixed su permissions
- added Launcher Pro in NAS version
- improved speed
- improved music app with widgets

The next release will be based on the latest cyanogen sources.

Issues:
- A2DP

NOTE: If you have an EXT2/3 partition on your SDCard, A2SD will be enabled automatically.
NOTE: You first need to flash the NAS version, and then the other packages.

How you should report bugs and problems:
- apps FC and other software issues - adb logcat
- hard reboots - adb pull /proc/last_kmsg

DOWNLOAD

Make sure you visit the new Vanilladroid website and forum!

homeacg.png
menu1s.png
menu2q.png

You might also be interested in this next fixes(thanks heyodee):
- Nexus-like dialer
- HTC keyboard

Features:
- facebook sync
- Gallery 3D with NO ROTATION BUG
- JIT(only for PE)
- GMail Push mail
- 2G, 3G & HSDPA data
- WiFi
- Bluetooth file transfer
- Network location
- Accelerometer
- GPS & A-GPS
- Most of the Live Wallpapers work GREAT!
- Market (all apps)
- Camera @5mpx
- No timestamp on pictures
- Keyboard w/ Voice Search
- 3GP videos work 100%

INSTRUCTIONS:

I recommend flashing the latest Radio first.

1. Nandroid Backup
2. Full wipe.
3. Flash VanillaEclair 2.0.3
4. First boot will take a few minutes.
OPTIONAL: 5. Reboot in recovery mode and flash one of the extra packages

If you like VanillaEclair, please help me buy a GSM Hero for Dev only.

Last edited:

gaabrysz

Dec 4, 2007
Hmm i may try it but i've got a question. Is the notification bar just like in Russell's Vanillain ROM (Sense Style)?? or is it plain android style?

B1nny

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2008
Re: [ROM][12/04/2010][Vanilla 2.1][VERY Stable] VanillaEclair 0.1

maybe try to add some pictures ;-)
it will attract people to download your rom :)
i will download when you added some pics ;-)
anyway, very good work! keep working on it!

Sent from my Hero using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

grassiekuik

Jul 12, 2007
So uhm are there any real differences? Or am I just plain stupid and miss them. 5.2 is good enough for everyday use as well....

Note: this is not meant to be rude or anything. It's allways good to see more devs

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
Man, it's nice to see new faces, but you're not bringing anything new to the table, just a "rehash" of someone's ROM.
Like someone once wrote, proficiency with winzip doesn't make you a dev, and it's sad to see ppl just playing around with winzip, adding a few apks, changing a few lines and posting "new stuff".

I wanted to look the other way, just like I did with the other new "chefs", but hey, guy, you even had the very good idea to add a donate link to your sig., not even reaching 10 posts!

Unless you bring something new, I don't think it's a good idea to post, since it's just spam.

That might come in handy for you: "innovation, not imitation"

RaduG

Apr 3, 2010
London
I didn't say it is brand new stuff. As I mentioned in the first post, it's based on Vanillain ROM. If you try my version and the original version you'll definately see a difference in both speed and stability.

Really, I don't think this is as useless as you might consider it. Maybe I'm not the only 'vanilla android' fan around here looking for a stable release.

Last edited:

liorry

Aug 1, 2009
What's with the attitude people... He posted a ROM he thinks is good and he wants to share his work, even if it's not *NEW*...
Download or don't download but give him a break... let people try and feedback, maybe you'll find he didn't just "zip" the ROM...

RaduG thanks for your work and share. I'm into Sense UI so I won't be trying this but again, thanks for sharing!

gaabrysz

Dec 4, 2007
Ok so here it goes.
Just did a restart after setup and it is fast but switching between screens i a bit slow (will give it some more time). The launcher has only 3 screens "helix" :( I think you could use a different one.
Oh and the 3G watchdog could be an option. It is useful but i bet not all people would like it.
At the and of the day i think this is a great ROM. Stable and ready to be used as an everyday ROM :)

RaduG

Apr 3, 2010
London
Thanks for your feedback.

I've tested different launchers available and the HelixLauncher included in this ROM is the most stable in my oppinion. I will wait for more feedback and if you users like it I will take the apps you don't like out.

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
I didn't say it is brand new stuff. As I mentioned in the first post, it's based on Vanillain ROM. If you try my version and the original version you'll definately see a difference in both speed and stability.

Really, I don't think this is as useless as you might consider it. Maybe I'm not the only 'vanilla android' fan around here looking for a stable release.

If you'd have checked my sig, you would've seen that I'm a vanilla ambassador myself.

What's with the attitude people... He posted a ROM he thinks is good and he wants to share his work, even if it's not *NEW*...
Download or don't download but give him a break... let people try and feedback, maybe you'll find he didn't just "zip" the ROM...

RaduG thanks for your work and share. I'm into Sense UI so I won't be trying this but again, thanks for sharing!

It's not a matter of software being new, but seriously, just how many rehashes of base roms shared by other devs were posted?
How many "chefs" DID compile their own custom overlay of aosp?
In fact, nprussel was using mine for quite some time, but didn't react since he really has contributed a lot in these forums; in fact, I'd congratulate him.
Apart from some additional apks, I don't see anything new in here (same old bugs, "features" of other roms based on the leaks)

The one thing that really ticked me off, is the "audacious" donate link for what is, let's face it, a rip atm.

RaduG

Apr 3, 2010
London
I've taken it off since you first posted. You're somehow right, but i really don't think this is useless. I'm 100% sure this is the most stable Android 2.1 you can download on the forum ATM. Since it is an improvement and i've given credits to the source, i don't think there is a real issue.

Still waiting for feedback.

Last edited:

sproit

Apr 12, 2010
Could not get it to work, did a full wipe, then flashed.
Then it boots and every single thing that starts crashes: 'sorry ... setup stopped unexpectedly'
I have the latest radio.
Managed to mount my sdcard between all the error screens luckily, so I'll put another ROM onto my phone in 5 minutes.

RaduG

Apr 3, 2010
London
Strange, a few users tested and everything worked perfect. Please try a full wipe after install and post results. Thanks.

Going to check it.

sproit

Apr 12, 2010
This is my third rom, so I should now more or less how to install it, but what do you mean with wipe after install? My actions, in order:

put zip on sd card
boot in recovery
wipe whatever I can wipe (system and cache, I do not have an ext partition so no point wiping that)
flash
boot

so which step then?

RaduG

Apr 3, 2010
London
Yep, i've ran aHero, great build too! But this is more stable and works better with Live Wallpapers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re: [ROM][06/05/2010][AOSP Vanilla 2.1][Multi-flavor] VanillaEclair 2.0

Yes I know that, but I'm on the performance edition now, and I still don't get over 2...

Sent from my Hero using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk