• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM]-[23.07.20]-Havoc-OS-3.7-[10.0.0_r40]-[Official]

milomak

Jun 12, 2009
in 8h9m awake screen off, how do i check why it is in deep sleep for 1h29m?

stats from bbs

edit - i suspect whatsapp has a lot to do with this

Last edited:
Reactions: mobiusm

amitsanon

Dec 25, 2011
Bangalore
I understood thank you ... You know if the magisk is giving Okay safetynet, because it was not, like I would restart the phone and enter the magisk gave ok, then spent a few minutes false
I am having the same problem..... I even formatted the complete phone, sideloaded the 02/10 build, installed magisk 17.2. For initial few minutes I could see that safetynet was passing but then after a couple of minutes it's failing. Tried installing magisk from the canary channel also, but it's failing. I read somewhere in the op6 thread that we need to modify the build properties for the build fingerprint but not sure. Can someone with more experience shed some light on why magisk would fail.

Assassin P780

Jun 13, 2016
Hey, can you guys tell me what sot are you getting because I am getting very low sot of 2 hours on single full charge, whereas I used to get 5 to 6 hours sot on oos oreo.

Pbotelho

Mar 4, 2016
Hey, can you guys tell me what sot are you getting because I am getting very low sot of 2 hours on single full charge, whereas I used to get 5 to 6 hours sot on oos oreo.
I'm getting much better SOT on this ROM as opposed to OOS Oreo. I'm getting upwards of 8 hours of SOT, with about 35 hours of total life. I've made the following optimizations:

- Went through the Extreme Battery Life and 0.0%/h Idle Battery Threads and limited just about every wakelock and alarm that wouldn't break Android's main functionality or sync processes.

Forgot to mention that these were limited using the ROM's built in blockers under Havoc Settings>Battery Saving. Amplify is not installed.

- Went through Battery Settings and Restricted every User app aside from Whatsapp, Gmail, and Calendar (I want to keep these notifications). I also limited the Play Store, Omniswitch, etc. Just about everything allowed under the sun.

- Disabled Picture-in-Picture for all apps. There is some talk on the Oneplus forums that this feature drains battery life for simply being on. It can be searched for in Settings.

- Greenified all possible apps, using Greenify4Magisk. I've also gone through Havoc Settings and set holding my Home button the action of Sleep and Hibernate, so that the Home button also locks the phone, and also guarantees Hibernation.

- Using Kernel Aduitor, set both CPU governors to Darkness and underclocked the Big Cores to 1632 MHz and the Little Cores to 1036 MHz. Continue scrolling down and disable Input Boost Frequency for each Core, as well as Touch Boost. Under the Thermal section, enabled Intellithermal (this is what MSM Thermal is called in Kernel Aduitor, can be confirmed by enabling on boot, going to "On Boot" section, and reading MSM Thermal there) and disabled Core Control. Intellithermal should be the only active option here. I/O Scheduler is set to Maple. All set to apply on boot, no other adjustments in Kernel Aduitor.

- Naptime and Servicely are used from Franco. Aggressive Doze applied at every instance, Re-apply Doze after wakeups activated. Apps selected for sleep match Greenify's options. Notifications are turned off in Device's Notification Settings in order to prevent these app's from displaying Persistent Notifications.

- Disabled Fast Dormancy. Download Build Prop Editor from Play Store, hit the Menu button, select New. You're going to be adding two rules:

Name: ro.ril.fast.dormancy.rule Value: 0
Name: ro.fast.dormancy Value: 0

You'll notice your CPU's state usage in Kernel Aduitor's main home/opening screen, the Little CPUs wouldn't go into Deep Sleep until Fast Dormancy was disabled this way. They would stay at 307 MHz most of the time. After applying this optimization, it seems that it goes into Deep Sleep properly. I get a 4% overnight drain at most with WiFi on.

- Google app is disabled altogether.

- Black Theme is used althroughout phone, using PitchBlack through Substratum.

- Wiping cache from Google Play Services through App settings will also give your battery some temporary juice, until the cache rebuilds. Same goes for all other apps, but this is especially true for Google Play Services.

Last edited:

gilsol

Jul 6, 2010
Tel Aviv
I'm getting much better SOT on this ROM as opposed to OOS Oreo. I'm getting upwards of 8 hours of SOT, with about 35 hours of total life. I've made the following optimizations:

- Went through the Extreme Battery Life and 0.0%/h Idle Battery Threads and limited just about every wakelock and alarm that wouldn't break Android's main functionality or sync processes.

Forgot to mention that these were limited using the ROM's built in blockers under Havoc Settings>Battery Saving. Amplify is not installed.

- Went through Battery Settings and Restricted every User app aside from Whatsapp, Gmail, and Calendar (I want to keep these notifications). I also limited the Play Store, Omniswitch, etc. Just about everything allowed under the sun.

- Disabled Picture-in-Picture for all apps. There is some talk on the Oneplus forums that this feature drains battery life for simply being on. It can be searched for in Settings.

- Greenified all possible apps, using Greenify4Magisk. I've also gone through Havoc Settings and set holding my Home button the action of Sleep and Hibernate, so that the Home button also locks the phone, and also guarantees Hibernation.

- Using Kernel Aduitor, set both CPU governors to Darkness and underclocked the Big Cores to 1632 MHz and the Little Cores to 1036 MHz. Continue scrolling down and disable Input Boost Frequency for each Core, as well as Touch Boost. Under the Thermal section, enabled Intellithermal (this is what MSM Thermal is called in Kernel Aduitor, can be confirmed by enabling on boot, going to "On Boot" section, and reading MSM Thermal there) and disabled Core Control. Intellithermal should be the only active option here. I/O Scheduler is set to Maple. All set to apply on boot, no other adjustments in Kernel Aduitor.

- Naptime and Servicely are used from Franco. Aggressive Doze applied at every instance, Re-apply Doze after wakeups activated. Apps selected for sleep match Greenify's options. Notifications are turned off in Device's Notification Settings in order to prevent these app's from displaying Persistent Notifications.

- Disabled Fast Dormancy. Download Build Prop Editor from Play Store, hit the Menu button, select New. You're going to be adding two rules:

Name: ro.ril.fast.dormancy.rule Value: 0
Name: ro.fast.dormancy Value: 0

You'll notice your CPU's state usage in Kernel Aduitor's main home/opening screen, the Little CPUs wouldn't go into Deep Sleep until Fast Dormancy was disabled this way. They would stay at 307 MHz most of the time. After applying this optimization, it seems that it goes into Deep Sleep properly. I get a 4% overnight drain at most with WiFi on.

- Google app is disabled altogether.

- Black Theme is used althroughout phone, using PitchBlack through Substratum.

- Wiping cache from Google Play Services through App settings will also give your battery some temporary juice, until the cache rebuilds. Same goes for all other apps, but this is especially true for Google Play Services.
I'm sorry but what's the point of having a phone then? You might as well just turn it off because it no longer does anything. You've crippled an amazing piece of technology so you could charge it every 36 hours instead of every 24?
I've achieved 8 hours of SOT with only AKT and still had a phone u could actually use. You went over kill with redundant and duplicate apps and disabled everything.

CrazyBenjy9

Feb 26, 2018
Leicester
I'm sorry but what's the point of having a phone then? You might as well just turn it off because it no longer does anything. You've crippled an amazing piece of technology so you could charge it every 36 hours instead of every 24?
I've achieved 8 hours of SOT with only AKT and still had a phone u could actually use. You went over kill with redundant and duplicate apps and disabled everything.
You can still receive calls and messages and use all the apps. It's not been 'crippled'. Anyone can set up their phone how they like. Personally I get about 3 hours SOT but I don't mind because I can charge it in an hour while using it when I get home from school.

Reactions: Pbotelho

Pbotelho

Mar 4, 2016
Unlike some people, I'm not big on social media. I use my device for productivity purposes, mainly school and task lists. I'm studying in order to get into Harvard Law, so my life demands minimal distractions. So, for the sleep deprived people living on the starving student budget who don't own dash chargers and occasionally forget to charge their phone overnight, yeah, its nice to wake up with about 50% power in the morning when you're in a rush to get out of the house.

I like my distraction apps to only work when I plan to use them. I can't afford useless notifications throughout the day. You'll also notice that the redundant apps I've used only, mostly anyways, go into effect when the screen is turned off. In other words, most of these settings go into effect when I don't need to use my phone. My phone doesn't determine when I pick it up, I determine when I need it. Google has a new inclusion with Pie, its called Digital Wellbeing. Perhaps you will find it useful.

Also, AKT was last built for Nougat. It was outdated for Oreo, and now even more so for Pie. AKT 1.6 was released two years ago. There's a beta for a new profile available, I haven't used it, so maybe there's future potential there. To the best of my knowledge, its an unofficial beta made by one of our community members.

For those that are curious about my settings, I get all of my emails, texts, calls, calendar notifications without delay. I excluded these apps from being Restricted, Hibernated, etc. They are still set for optimizing battery in Settings. In other words, I can still use my phone as best suited for my needs while extending both SOT and Deep Sleep Time.

Next item. As all of these options are available for the technology, no I haven't crippled it, I'm using it in a method that isn't intended for your everyday use. It was designed to be operated this way, however. The existence of the options alone proves this, that's the essence of open source. Just because your subjective ignorance blinds you from realizing the value of something, doesn't necessarily mean that there is an absence of value.

But yeah, thanks for your post, Gossip Girl. It was a great contribution to the community.

Last edited:

e692003

May 15, 2017
Op3t rooted with magisk, after flashing 9.0 havoc it's asking for a pattern to unlock, and I've never had a pattern on my phone before. Any ideas?

e692003

May 15, 2017
Go to /data/system/
Find lockscreen.db
Delete it

Use TWRP if you can't enter home screen
I also am using twrp btw, (I knew I forgot something)

I tried deleting that stuff, but after wiping data system cache and dalvik and flashing the rom, gapps etc. There's no info in data and system.