[ROM][23 Jan][ML6 V4.3][Android 4.3] WanamLite | Aroma | Clean | Fast

Search This thread

Oso Polar

May 13, 2012
Either just flash the wifi patch on your dmg1 bootloader or earlier (random reboots and force closes) or

Flash mj5 bootloader (to be stable)
flash bootloader patch (removes knox, disables wifi)
flash wifi patch (enables wifi)

Yes there are newer bootloaders but these are not yet hackable and will void your warranty bit 0x1. You wont be able to downgrade from them either. Mj5 is the last 'flexible' bootloader

Just flash MJ5 bootloader and then flash ROM. Or, flash ROM first, then flash boot loader. Doesn't really matter, except for the fact that you'll not have Wi-Fi until you'll flash the new bootloader. Yes, you'll need Odin to flash bootloader. And before you'll flash the ROM ensure that you have recent enough recovery that works properly with Android 4.3! This is rarely mentioned but this is extremely important, if you'll not do this then you'll probably end up with the files from your internal SD in the wrong place as file system layout slightly changed after Android 4.1 and old recoveries are not aware of the changes. I recommend PhilZ Touch 5.15.0 (6.x are buggy, don't use them!).

Don't flash any bootloader and/or WI-Fi patches on MJ5, this is incredibly stupid! Bootloader "patch" is just an old bootloader (DMG1 AFAIR), so yes, it'll require Wi-Fi patch and then you can get all these "random reboots and force closes". What is the point of flashing MJ5 if the next thing you'll do is remove it again and get back to square one?!

tonylee000

Apr 23, 2012
Sunny Chesterfield!
Just flash MJ5 bootloader and then flash ROM. Or, flash ROM first, then flash boot loader. Doesn't really matter, except for the fact that you'll not have Wi-Fi until you'll flash the new bootloader. Yes, you'll need Odin to flash bootloader. And before you'll flash the ROM ensure that you have recent enough recovery that works properly with Android 4.3! This is rarely mentioned but this is extremely important, if you'll not do this then you'll probably end up with the files from your internal SD in the wrong place as file system layout slightly changed after Android 4.1 and old recoveries are not aware of the changes. I recommend PhilZ Touch 5.15.0 (6.x are buggy, don't use them!).

Don't flash any bootloader and/or WI-Fi patches on MJ5, this is incredibly stupid! Bootloader "patch" is just an old bootloader (DMG1 AFAIR), so yes, it'll require Wi-Fi patch and then you can get all these "random reboots and force closes". What is the point of flashing MJ5 if the next thing you'll do is remove it again and get back to square one?!

Flashing only the mj5 bootloader is what I did the first time, I had uid errors on all roms and many FCs, the bootloader patch removes the knox 'warrent bit: 0' and fixes the uid and FCs by flashing parts of the dmg1 bootloader over the mj5 one. This will result in it being reported as the dmg1 bootloader. Ive used the actual dmg1 with the wifi patch and it wasnt best stable. For me at least the second time I tried installing the mj5 BL I did the bl, blpatch and wifi patch and its been rock solid ever since :).

Philz works ok for flashing, apparently has some issues with wiping though as files are stored in different folders on the ext sd card but tbh I dont it as much of an issue but backup and restore with philz didnt work for me so I installed twrp as recommended by most people for 4.3 roms but ibhevent tried backup and restore with it yet. The philz 6x recovery I did get working but ypu have to mount the sd card before you can access it and that can be a little flakey

also the wifi should work fine if you just install the mj5 without any patchs. Its the bl patch that knocks the wifi out

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2500823

follow this guide. The rom he tells ya to install isnt available anymore so I flashed the MJ5_DN3 bootloader found in the omega thread instead

Reactions: mguel

Oso Polar

May 13, 2012
AFAIK this patch is just an old bootloader - AFAIR somebody here on XDA even calculated MD5 on the files to be sure. ;) That's the reason why Knox disappears and Wi-Fi may not work. In fact, Wi-Fi may work with the old booloader and 4.3 firmware - this depends on the modem, I guess. Worked fine for me with old bootloader, 4.3 firmware and DMG1 modem but not with newer modems from 4.3 ROMs.

I think UID problem is caused by something else. Never had it.

tonylee000

Apr 23, 2012
Sunny Chesterfield!
AFAIK this patch is just an old bootloader - AFAIR somebody here on XDA even calculated MD5 on the files to be sure. ;) That's the reason why Knox disappears and Wi-Fi may not work. In fact, Wi-Fi may work with the old booloader and 4.3 firmware - this depends on the modem, I guess. Worked fine for me with old bootloader, 4.3 firmware and DMG1 modem but not with newer modems from 4.3 ROMs.

I think UID problem is caused by something else. Never had it.

The patch is parts of the dmg1 bootloader, its nit going to be the whole bootloader else flashing the mj5 is pointless and there is a difference between the two, Ive tried many combinations, dmg1, dmg1+wifi patch, mj5, mj5+bl patch and mj5+bl patch + wifi patch and ime the best combination is the mj5+blpatch+wifi. I wrote off the 4.3 update because of all the problems I had (at the time I hadnt realised the bootloader patch and wifi patch were different things) and all I want is a rock stable phone with the latest software that can provide that. Ive got that now with the concoction of the 2 patchs. Without the patchs its just not good enough. Its not good enough with an old bootloader and wifi patch. The modem as far as I know is always the one that comes with the rom, never changed it. But that culd perform differently in different regions I guess

Oso Polar

May 13, 2012
The modem as far as I know is always the one that comes with the rom, never changed it.
Well, then this may have been the source of your problems. Not all ROMs update modem (e.g. this one doesn't have modem with it at all, so if you'll flash it on top of 4.1.2, you'll still have old 4.1.2 modem). I suspect that somewhere along the road you finally got updated to new modem and this (and not the patches) was what really fixed your issues.

AFAIK the whole point of having bootloader "patch" (that is just an old DMG1 bootloader) is to give users an ability to use old modems (that may work better for some) on 4.3 ROMs as usually people are not getting cellular network signal with new bootloader + old modem combination. However, this creates another problem: old bootloader with old modem makes cellular network work again but breaks Wi-Fi on 4.3 ROMs - that's why Wi-Fi patch is also needed in this case. No patches are necessary at all if you have new bootloader (MJ5) + new (from 4.3 ROMs) modem: both cell network and Wi-Fi work normally.

So, to summarize, if upgrading from 4.1.2 straight to WanamLite ML6 V4.3 it is necessary to:
1) have recovery with support for Android 4.3 - flash using Odin or recovery;
2) have new MJ5 bootloader - flash using Odin;
3) have new modem from 4.3 ROM (e.g. the one provided by Wanam for ML6 V4.3: https://romhut.com/download/addon/ml6-modem) - flash using Odin.

Instead of (2) and (3), one can flash bootloader "patch" and then Wi-Fi patch - in this case you'll be able to use old modems with new ROMs but many people report instability with such combination.

Backup EFS before and after update!

z0rk

Dec 23, 2010
Tienen
I'm in deep sh1t with my phone and I could really use some advice. I tried to flash the MJ5 bootloader, and it failed in Odin (don't know on which bootloader I was before). Now my phone can't be used anymore, I receive the message 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue'.

I tried flashing the stock from sammobile, retried flashing the bootloader, tried flashing Philz recovery, but nothing works, always receive 'Failed!' in Odin on everything I try. The only mode that is available is the download mode, recovery mode isn't functioning.

I tried to hook up my phone with Kies to do the emergency recovery thing, but Kies doesn't show my phone as repairable. It connects, but not in the recovery screen. So it's not a driver issue...

I really would appreciate some help, I would even donate for some 'golden tips'...

EDIT: I'm downloading the complete MK4 firmware now, and I'll try to flash that, hopefully this will help

Last edited:
Reactions: tonylee000

tonylee000

Apr 23, 2012
Sunny Chesterfield!
I'm in deep sh1t with my phone and I could really use some advice. I tried to flash the MJ5 bootloader, and it failed in Odin (don't know on which bootloader I was before). Now my phone can't be used anymore, I receive the message 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue'.

I tried flashing the stock from sammobile, retried flashing the bootloader, tried flashing Philz recovery, but nothing works, always receive 'Failed!' in Odin on everything I try. The only mode that is available is the download mode, recovery mode isn't functioning.

I tried to hook up my phone with Kies to do the emergency recovery thing, but Kies doesn't show my phone as repairable. It connects, but not in the recovery screen. So it's not a driver issue...

I really would appreciate some help, I would even donate for some 'golden tips'...

EDIT: I'm downloading the complete MK4 firmware now, and I'll try to flash that, hopefully this will help

Try flashing dr ketans bootloader patch (not to be confused with the wifi patch) the flash whatever stock you wish

Oso Polar

May 13, 2012
I tried to flash the MJ5 bootloader, and it failed in Odin (don't know on which bootloader I was before). Now my phone can't be used anymore, I receive the message 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue'.

The exactly same thing happened to me before as well. More than once. :D Don't panic, most probably this doesn't really mean anything. Just remove the battery, wait a bit, insert it again and re-attempt flashing. You can try with different version of Odin - for example, for me I was pretty much always getting this problem flashing firmware with Odin 3.07 or 3.09 but 3.04 usually didn't have any issues (I got it once even with 3.04 - but just repeated the flashing and problem didn't repeat itself).

mguel

Apr 12, 2010
WiFi on, but can't connect + Freezes

Hi,

I updated from WanamLite (android 4.1.2, I believe it was UBDMA3 V2.8) to latest version ML6 - Android 4.3, since the phone was very slow since some time, and wanted to try android 4.3. I used the suggested steps:
* Backed up with CWM
* Updated the CWM version I used to Philz using Odin 3.09
* Installed ML6 v4.3 rom (after wipe/factory reset for new ROM, wipe cache and davlink)
I couldn't turn on wifi, so I:
* Installed MJ5 Bootloader via Odin 3.09
and didn't connect to mobile network (please insert sim error), so I:
* Installed ML6 modem

and now I have mobile network, I can turn on WiFi but I can't connect to any WiFi networks... it always Failed to optain IP address or give the poor connection error and asks to Forget/Retry/Cancel.

So I can't pass the second screen "WIFI" (the one after selections the OS language), so I can't use the phone.

and also after some minutes it usually freezes.

Any suggestions to how to make it work?
Should I repeat some steps/installations from above?

I've searched but with no clear answer and I'm afraid I will brick if start installing/flashing roms/modems without a real knowledge. I've read about a Wifi fix, but I believe it addresses the issue when you can't turn on wifi, not the problem I'm having, and I think it would install an older modem and will not fix my problem.

Can I flash the 4.1.2 backup I made with CWM backup before starting? or it make things worst? or should I flash an older modem also?

Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited:

tonylee000

Apr 23, 2012
Sunny Chesterfield!
First download all the files below on your pc and make sure the samsung usb drivers are installed. Also download the rom you wish to flash.

1) put phone in download mode (vol down + home + power) and use odin pda tab to flash the blpatch
2) use pda tab in odin to flash dmg1
3) boot phone to setup screen
4) put back in download mode and flash the MJ5 BL with the pda tab
5) flash TWRP with pda tab
6) boot to TWRP (vol up + home + power) to flash rom.
7) hit thanks or buy me a beer :D

Odin Http://goo.gl/hW8vGr
Blpatch http://d-h.st/7me
Dmg1 http://d-h.st/s9I
Twrp Odin Http://goo.gl/SSyv53
MJ5 BL Http://goo.gl/95w2ev

Hi,

I updated from WanamLite (android 4.1.2, I believe it was UBDMA3 V2.8) to latest version ML6 - Android 4.3, since the phone was very slow since some time, and wanted to try android 4.3. I used the suggested steps:
* Backed up with CWM
* Updated the CWM version I used to Philz using Odin 3.09
* Installed ML6 v4.3 rom (after wipe/factory reset for new ROM, wipe cache and davlink)
I couldn't turn on wifi, so I:
* Installed MJ5 Bootloader via Odin 3.09
and didn't connect to mobile network (please insert sim error), so I:
* Installed ML6 modem

and now I have mobile network, I can turn on WiFi but I can't connect to any WiFi networks... it always Failed to optain IP address or give the poor connection error and asks to Forget/Retry/Cancel.

So I can't pass the second screen "WIFI" (the one after selections the OS language), so I can't use the phone.

and also after some minutes it usually freezes.

Any suggestions to how to make it work?
Should I repeat some steps/installations from above?

I've searched but with no clear answer and I'm afraid I will brick if start installing/flashing roms/modems without a real knowledge. I've read about a Wifi fix, but I believe it addresses the issue when you can't turn on wifi, not the problem I'm having, and I think it would install an older modem and will not fix my problem.

Can I flash the 4.1.2 backup I made with CWM backup before starting? or it make things worst? or should I flash an older modem also?

Any help is much appreciated!

Reactions: pjkiener and mguel

mguel

Apr 12, 2010
Amazing answer!!1 Thanks tonylee000! I've started by step 7 if you don't mind (with my 8 thanks of the day) ;)

I was just wondering if maybe I needed to wipe something since I didn't wipe after using the old modem and after installed the ML6 modem. But as you clearly have more knowledge than me, I'll follow your advice :p

One question though, shouldn't I wipe anything during the steps you suggest me?

First download all the files below on your pc and make sure the samsung usb drivers are installed. Also download the rom you wish to flash.

1) put phone in download mode (vol down + home + power) and use odin pda tab to flash the blpatch

Last edited:

tonylee000

Apr 23, 2012
Sunny Chesterfield!
Amazing answer!!1 Thanks tonylee000! I've started by step 7 if you don't mind (with my 8 thanks of the day) ;)

I was just wondering if maybe I needed to wipe something since I didn't wipe after the old modem and after installed the ML6 modem. But as you clearly have more knowledge than me, I'll follow your advice :p

One question though, shouldn't I wipe anything during the steps you suggest me?

Thats a method ive developed and its helped a few people. If your stuck its a way out, anyone thats followed it hasnt had any complaints. I wont hurt to do a full wipe, including the internal sd but im not sure its needeed.

If you cant find anything that helps give it a go

pls let me know how you get on :)

Last edited:

mguel

Apr 12, 2010
Sure I'll give it a go as soon as finishing downloading the files (dmj left only)

And another question, what rom should I flash on step 6? (Wanam ML6v4.3 I guess, when I first read the instructions I thought I would end with dmj rom)

Thats a method ive developed and its helped a few people. If your stuck its a way out, anyone thats followed it hasnt had any complaints. I wont hurt to do a full wipe, including the internal sd but im not sure its needeed.

If you cant find anything that helps give it a go

tonylee000

Apr 23, 2012
Sunny Chesterfield!
Sure I'll give it a go as soon as finishing downloading the files (dmj left only)

And another question, what rom should I flash on step 6? (Wanam ML6v4.3 I guess, when I first read the instructions I thought I would end with dmj rom)

The dmg rom I believe updates the internals of the phone which is why I think its needed. Im a big fan of wanamlite and used it exclusively whilst it was in development but since its been retired ive moved back to android revolution by @Mike1986_ but I do still use the wanam xposed module.

mguel

Apr 12, 2010
Thanks!!!!!

so on step 6 I could basically install any 4.3 rom. I'll read a bit about android revolution and see if I go that pathway also then.

The dmg rom I believe updates the internals of the phone which is why I think its needed. Im a big fan of wanamlite and used it exclusively whilst it was in development but since its been retired ive moved back to android revolution by @Mike1986_ but I do still use the wanam xposed module.

mguel

Apr 12, 2010
Failed on step 5 flashing twrp

<ID:0/010> Added!!
<ID:0/010> Odin v.3 engine (ID:10)..
<ID:0/010> File analysis..
<ID:0/010> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/010> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

now I only can get to download mode. If I reboot or try to get to recovery I get "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"

:(

In download mode I've tried flashing twrp again with the same result.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Managed to flash Philz with Odin 3.09... will try step 7 from Philz...

now I only can get to download mode. If I reboot or try to get to recovery I get "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Running Android 4.3... it seems that with no issues... have mobile network and connected to wifi with no problem, going through the config now
(followed you on Android Revolution btw).

tonylee000

Apr 23, 2012
Sunny Chesterfield!

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Managed to flash Philz with Odin 3.09... will try step 7 from Philz...

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Running Android 4.3... it seems that with no issues... have mobile network and connected to wifi with no problem, going through the config now
(followed you on Android Revolution btw).

Philz should flash a rom ok but dont use it to back up and restore.something to do with how the file systems laid out.
try for twrp again, that one works fine
you can flash this zip (http://goo.gl/LjdBwT) through philz to update to twrp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many of you may know about my WanamLite Roms for Galaxy S3, so i'm glad to present you my Rom for Galaxy Note 2 (N7100 only).

The main goal of this Rom is Stability, performance and battery life, that's why i will try to include essential and free bug mods only.

wanamlite_op_xda2_1024.png

Screenshots will be posted on 2nd post.

Features :
    pic.png
    Based on the latest FW
    pic.png
    Stock Odexed & Rooted & Busybox
    pic.png
    Stock Rooted Kernel with Init.d support, few tweaks and SELinux set to Permissive
    pic.png
    Large APN list
    pic.png
    Debloated (removed Samsung Apps and Social Hubs, available on a separate patch)
    pic.png
    Clean build.prop for best Market compatibility
    pic.png
    Stock Keyboard with all supported languages enabled
    pic.png
    Kies support
    pic.png
    Multi-CSC
    pic.png
    Enabled all handwriting languages
    pic.png
    Wanam Xposed App (include an option to Hide Knox notifications)
    pic.png
    Auto wipe cache & dalvik-cache before flashing

Features list:

• Call Recording
    • 4 Ways Reboot (Reboot, Recovery, Hotboot, Download)
    • Full Color/Transparency customization for Status bar and Notification drawer elements
    • Secure Samsung Keyboard
    • Option to keep “Add Call” button with Call recording menu
    • Disable Camera shutter sound (+Screen Capture)
    • Flashlight trough volume button UP
    • Skip Music with Volume buttons
    • Save Call Logs View
    • Enable Keyboard Symbols
    • Enable Hangouts Calls trough cellular
    • Enable Camera while calling
    • Unlimited and Customizable Multi-View support
    • Bypass Exchange Lock check
    • Notification Panel Customization
    • Long Home key behavior
    • Long Back key to kill App (+ white list)
    • Disable increasing ringtone
    • Messaging Tweaks (raise limits and conversion)
    • Disable Scrolling cache
    • Enable Full rotations
    • White/Colored Circle Battery
    • Transparent Notifications panel
    • Customize Clock format and size
    • Customize Battery text helper size
    • Customize Quick Settings buttons number per row
    • Collapse Quick Settings after toggle
    • 2 line formatted date on the panel header
    • Dark themed Multi-Window
    • Disable Boot sound
    • Customize Two line date header format
    • White/Black Email App background (Supported on some devices)
    • Transparent Quick Settings buttons background
    • Default hidden SMS logs
    • Add Call button to Logs and Contacts list
    • Disable Accounts icons on Contacts list
    • Custimize Wifi AP Clients number
    • Disable Launcher page rotation
    • Add Exit button to browser
    • SMS Automatic input mode
    • Disable Call number formatting
    • Enable unlimited Contacts joining
    • Enable Gallery Rotation trough button
    • Set default Browser view to Desktop
    • Hide Wireless charging popup
    • Hide Full Battery Notification
    • Clock position Status bar (Hide, Left, Right, Center) (Compatible with I9300 and I9500 only)
    • NFC behaviors (UN/Locked on Screen ON/Off)
    • Hide Headset icon and notification bar
    • Disable TW DVFS
    • Enable TW DVFS Boost Benchmark mode
    • Hide Smart Stay, Alarm, NFC icons on status bar
    • Launcher: Enable Scroll wallpaper and Hide Dock labels
    • Disable Wake Home button
    • Use separate Address field on Contacts
    • Add Fast PIN unlock (to be used with caution)
    • Added SMS sent time details
    • Enable Screen ON options on Messaging App
    • Disable low Battery warning
    • Add custom carrier label on notification label
    • Set low Camera battery level
    • Change System Holo Dark/Light background
    • Acces hidden Lockscreen shortcuts menu
    • Disable SEAndroid/Knox notifications
    • Disable volume control sound
    • Disable low battery sound
    • And much more to come
    Download & Changes log:

Important notes :
    pic.png
    MJ5 is a leak, so i highly recommend a Wipe data.
    pic.png
    Do a backup of your EFS
    pic.png
    You must flash the MJ5 Bootloader
    pic.png
    Flashing Deodexed Mods may cause bootloops

Installation steps :
    pic.png
    Copy my Rom to internal sdcard
    pic.png
    Install a CWM recovery, get it here, (Only if you don't have it)
    pic.png
    Backup, backup, backup
    pic.png
    Flash my Rom from recovery
    pic.png
    Reboot & enjoy
    pic.png
    Install Xposed Installer Wanam Xposed as described here
    pic.png
    Enjoy

Big thanks to @savadam for the videos:
    Installation Guide:

Quick Review:

How to install Wanam Xposed on Rooted Galaxy Note 2 N7100:

Wanam Xposed Features Walkthrough :

Some simple tips to get the best of your battery life :
    pic.png
    Disable auto sync for accounts if you don't need it
    pic.png
    Disable GPS (and wifi gps) when not in use
    pic.png
    Disable auto backup of Goggle account
    pic.png
    Set brightness level to automatic
    pic.png
    Disable motion if you don't use it
    pic.png
    Check your apps settings and disable useless background sync
    pic.png
    Disable useless animations

[/B] [/FONT]Special thanks to Invade, Kemal Basacikoglu & lele1993 & denemga for the Banners.

Thanks to : @Ookba; @avetny; @Grgsiocl; @Pntzamaras; @easycure1974 and all Beta testers

Thanks to Korumera for the server hosting.

Thanks to (Please PM me if i missed someone):

@Dsixda; @Chainfire; @JesusFreke; @CM Team; @lidroid; @kahvitahra; @_JKay_; @gokhanmoral; @jakubklos; @multus; @Emadh71; @sorg; @amarullz; @Grgsiocl; @LegendK95; @tamirda; @jazzk; @shoman94; @CM team; @scrosler; @AndreiLux; @gokhanmoral; @Perka; @codeworkx;@Regulusv7

Thanks for the stock Rom packages & backups to :
    @Samsung-updates; @Sammobile

It's just a hobby, so please no ETA, If you like this Rom? please RATE it.
    Screen Shots :
    Reserved too.....
    WanamLite v3.7 based on ME1 posted.

http://wanamlite.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Screenshot_2013-05-10-16-37-45.png
    Adam Kernel Change log:
    pic.png
    Revert MDNI changes (We don’t need Balck crush fix on Note2)
    pic.png
    Enabled Swap support
    Rom Change log:
    pic.png
    Updated base to ME1
    pic.png
    DXDLK5 Modem (optional)
    pic.png
    Adam kernel V2.4.1 (optional)
    pic.png
    Stock repacked ME1 kernel (optional)
    pic.png
    Other things i don’t remember.
    We are back :)

WanamLite V3.5 based on MC3 posted.

Adam Kernel v2.3 Change log:
    pic.png
    Patched with Samsung sources Update 10
    pic.png
    Dynamic FSync control (Thanks to Faux123 and AndreiLux)
    pic.png
    Few permissions fixes from IniRamfs MC3

Rom Change log:
    pic.png
    Updated base to MC3
    pic.png
    LK7 Modem (optional)
    pic.png
    Adam kernel V2.3 (optional)
    pic.png
    Stock repacked MC3 kernel (optional)
    pic.png