[ROM][26-feb-2013][4.1.2][for stock403]CustoNexus v0.99p4d [All-in-one: PA-AOKP-CM]

Search This thread

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
attachment.php

CustoNexus is a ROM from source by Floatshow & djpbx
PORT by dexter_nlb

Kernel is STOCK, since we got a locked bootloader and currently no way of changing it.

NOT COMPATIBLE with V20a recovery, kernel is different and not compatible with v20a bootup

about_zpsc7897eab.png

This rom is with permission from Floatshow a port to LG Optimus 4X HD. it can be used as daily driver now.
Due to the high demand of stock aosp roms with new Jelly bean base, initially this was a test to see if 4.1.2 could be ported.

tested_zps7c2aa032.png

- Radio, mobile data/3G, SMS, calls
- wifi (reboot first time enabling it)
- audio / voice recording
- h/w video playback / youtube hd
- rotation
- gps
- vibrator (might be defective in 99p5 edition)
- accelerometers / compass / light sensor / proximity / gyroscope / gravity
- nfc
- usb (MTP , Camera storage and MassStorageSharing works) (change settings in storage->menu)

knownbugs_zps687d880e.png

see Post #2

history_zps0668e798.png

• 26-FEB-2013 p4d
  • too many bugs in p5 release, so its deleted and back to test studio, thanks for all the feedback on the buggy release.
  • - ONLY! - if you got audio issues download patch here, but it will affect general settings change
  • 08-FEB-2013 p4d
  • - name change of zip only , to stop confusion on my double release with same name.
  • 03-FEB-2013 p4c (full and patch update)
  • - contains all previous mentioned fixes for settings security crash, wifi tether update and boorrecovery fix.
  • - finally fixed the Play store problem, a new security in signature check failed and caused problems
  • - includes wifi tether open update
  • - latest Play, Talkback, supersu included.
  • 28-JAN-2013p4b
  • - major bug with latest Play store release is found, and i had to release a private signed Phonesky.apk, so we cannot get latest buggy update.
  • - contains all previous mentioned fixes for settings security crash, wifi tether update and boorrecovery fix.
  • 24-JAN-2013p3
  • - fixed settings panel problem, with brightness, wifi enable etc.. now everything is remembered at reboot.
  • - added camera mod from ksekhar but only files needed, since patch cannot be installed on top of this release.
  • - includes lgcamera now, since camera problem is not gone, and you need this app to reset camera.
  • - replaced gmail, so its handled correctly when updating and do no longer fail updating.
  • - removed quicksearch , so its can be correctly installed from Play
  • - added some apps to removable folder, so its easy to uninstall (faceboot,cpuspy,terminal,chrome)
  • - tested and updated details related to v10h release, so it shows v10h now in info and ril driver match.
  • - update included cwm to included dummy installer, if someone pushes install recovery
  • 18-JAN-2013 vibra
  • - fixed vibration , download vibra patch for 0.99
  • 17-JAN-2013 p1 (also v0.99)
  • - fixed mobile data :) works well now (found issue in init.rmnet script, where -arp could not be used together with enable interface)
    do note, you need simlock disabled to have mobile data running well.
  • - fixed wifi enable at (first) startup (using a different more compatible libhardware_legacy.so now, i hope)
  • - fixed bootrecovery, where /system could not be unmounted (new services caused this to be a problem)
  • 17-JAN-2013
  • - re-added original framework.jar , flight mode now shows disabled correctly.
  • - fixed rx gps daemon restarts, could be wasting battery, this helps QuickGPS downloading.
  • - removed apps not working from /system folder, download from Play if you need them
  • - fix for 480p/720p/1080p switch crash in video
  • - removed forced "use 3d gpu render for 2d graphics" - re-enable in developer settings
  • - included clockworkmod installer, so you can more easily reboot into CWM.
  • 13-JAN-2013
  • - fixed dalvik cachebug which caused some apps (like lucky patcher) to crash
  • - fixed usb sharing to pc, MTP ,Camera and Mass storage type functions work.
  • - fixed internal storage mounting, it is now at /storage/sdcard0
  • - fixed camera/video recording and added more audio files to enable camera startup as well.
  • 12-JAN-2013
  • - Initial release
  • Changes to support Optimus 4X hardware
  • Certificate support for radio driver to enable calling functions
  • added NfcTagPlus to support changing nfc tags
  • per default it seems to have force GPU for 2d, which you disable in "developer settings" , as performance tests will decrease alot, but overall use look better.

howto-camera_zps68ff318e.png

- start lgcamera (you will get black screen) OK - normal.
- click shot button (you will hear shater sound - but picture wouldn't be taken)
- pres back button on phone
- start camera apk from custonexus - and thats it! worked every time for me.
and works up till next reboot.

instructions_zpsc9632d29.png

• it has come to my attention, that mobile data do NOT enable, if you got a pincode on your simcard. so disable this in your stock LG rom, do NOT do it in this rom, it will fail and cause your simcard to enter PUK state and you need the PUK code to get opened again.
  • battery: do note, WIFI is default - always enabled - and inactivity timeout is 15minutes, you can set it to always and 5 minutes, and deep sleep is faster optained.
  • Factory reset / WIPE before you install if you come from STOCK LG rom, as this ROM will only install and clear system partition automatically. you are responsible for factory reset coming from another type of rom.
    Alternatively - use original recovery where you factory reset as well. (VOL- + powerOn, remove usb cable, or you get to wrong menu) ..
  • Install the release using latest ClockWorkMod , using "install zip from external sdcard". this is a regular "update.zip" type of install.
  • if you get error 7 during install, go check in "mount and storage" that /system is not mounted before you install.
  • if you wipe AFTER install you loose ClockWorkMod and a few other non-important apps, install CWM the usual way, except do NOT install recovery,
    its already installed.but just boot into recovery using the app.

download_zps2efb2d09.png

v0.99p4d full update here
v0.99p4(b) - v0.99p4d patch update here
problems with audio?? try this patch here

-----------
Previous updates
v0.99p4d full update
v0.99p4(b) - v0.99p4d patch update [URL="http://d-h.st/ppq"]here
(some comment having audio bug, so try to stay on v0.99p3a alone and do not install this patch)
v0.99p3a mirror CustoO4X-v0.99p3a-OptimusEditon.zip
v0.99p2 mirror (99+vibra+wifi fix) CustoO4X-v0.99p2-OptimusEditon.zip
v0.99 - CustoO4X-v0.99-OptimusEditon.zip
v0.2 - CustoO4X-v0.2-OptimusEditon.zip
v0.1 - CustoO4X-v0.1-OptimusEditon.zip

Firefox and chrome users: Ignore warning, this is just a zip for android included, no executables here

thanksto_zps50eeed93.png

Floatshow & djpbx - for allowing me to use their rom as base (you find it here with screen shots
nomaj - for the graphics used here and possible future ones :)
ksekhar - great camera mod to give us better photo's, mod is included from v0.99p3

Attachments

• custonexus.jpg
    custonexus.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 84,737
Last edited:

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
BUGS found in this release
- v0.99p5 vibration bug - disable vibrate when touch, it should mimize risk of vibra-freezes
- hardkey lights do not come on automatically
- Bluetooth (do not try to enable and your mobile become unstable and can reboot)

- possible phone audio fix for those with that problem, here

- if you do have simcode lock enabled, you can probably also have mobile data issue, which means you cannot get APN settings or enable 3G.
solution is to disable simcard lock, if you wish to continue with this rom.

Last edited:

moss20

Jul 3, 2011
that's a good start,is a recovery system backup ?
how about wipes etc and restoring stock rom ?

amc9d

Mikey94

Dec 4, 2009
Deggendorf
Ok, thx i will now download and test it :)

What is the problem for bluetooth, cam and vibration? Do you think it's very difficult to solve it?

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Ok, thx i will now download and test it :)

What is the problem for bluetooth, cam and vibration? Do you think it's very difficult to solve it?

vibration seems to be, havent got any idea on where this is being controlled to be honest , i cannot see if its a hardware thing or wrong pointer to hardware, it is sadly not shown in any logs when failing (i think)
at least for now , i got no good clue here.

camera, can be easy if i just need to fix smaili in apps, seems "allparamters" makes it crash, ill check it.
bluetooth, i dont know. maybe 4.1.2 utilizes bluetooth differently since the sense release had no issue with my bt fix :(

dfreake

Mar 15, 2012
mother of god dexter, woke up and see this :eek:

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

reas0n

Dec 23, 2010
Google Pixel 6
I don't see my internal storage... f*ck.
does anyone have this bug?

@edit ufff, found it in data/media, i was scared i lost everything :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

CustoNexus is a ROM from source by Floatshow & djpbx
    PORT by dexter_nlb

Kernel is STOCK, since we got a locked bootloader and currently no way of changing it.

NOT COMPATIBLE with V20a recovery, kernel is different and not compatible with v20a bootup

about_zpsc7897eab.png

This rom is with permission from Floatshow a port to LG Optimus 4X HD. it can be used as daily driver now.
    Due to the high demand of stock aosp roms with new Jelly bean base, initially this was a test to see if 4.1.2 could be ported.

tested_zps7c2aa032.png

- Radio, mobile data/3G, SMS, calls
    - wifi (reboot first time enabling it)
    - audio / voice recording
    - h/w video playback / youtube hd
    - rotation
    - gps
    - vibrator (might be defective in 99p5 edition)
    - accelerometers / compass / light sensor / proximity / gyroscope / gravity
    - nfc
    - usb (MTP , Camera storage and MassStorageSharing works) (change settings in storage->menu)

knownbugs_zps687d880e.png

see Post #2

history_zps0668e798.png

• 26-FEB-2013 p4d
    • too many bugs in p5 release, so its deleted and back to test studio, thanks for all the feedback on the buggy release.
    • - ONLY! - if you got audio issues download patch here, but it will affect general settings change
    • 08-FEB-2013 p4d
    • - name change of zip only , to stop confusion on my double release with same name.
    • 03-FEB-2013 p4c (full and patch update)
    • - finally fixed the Play store problem, a new security in signature check failed and caused problems
    • - includes wifi tether open update
    • - latest Play, Talkback, supersu included.
    • 28-JAN-2013p4b
    • - major bug with latest Play store release is found, and i had to release a private signed Phonesky.apk, so we cannot get latest buggy update.
    • 24-JAN-2013p3
    • - fixed settings panel problem, with brightness, wifi enable etc.. now everything is remembered at reboot.
    • - added camera mod from ksekhar but only files needed, since patch cannot be installed on top of this release.
    • - includes lgcamera now, since camera problem is not gone, and you need this app to reset camera.
    • - replaced gmail, so its handled correctly when updating and do no longer fail updating.
    • - removed quicksearch , so its can be correctly installed from Play
    • - added some apps to removable folder, so its easy to uninstall (faceboot,cpuspy,terminal,chrome)
    • - tested and updated details related to v10h release, so it shows v10h now in info and ril driver match.
    • - update included cwm to included dummy installer, if someone pushes install recovery
    • 18-JAN-2013 vibra
    • - fixed vibration , download vibra patch for 0.99
    • 17-JAN-2013 p1 (also v0.99)
    • - fixed mobile data :) works well now (found issue in init.rmnet script, where -arp could not be used together with enable interface)
      do note, you need simlock disabled to have mobile data running well.
    • - fixed wifi enable at (first) startup (using a different more compatible libhardware_legacy.so now, i hope)
    • - fixed bootrecovery, where /system could not be unmounted (new services caused this to be a problem)
    • 17-JAN-2013
    • - re-added original framework.jar , flight mode now shows disabled correctly.
    • - fixed rx gps daemon restarts, could be wasting battery, this helps QuickGPS downloading.
    • - removed apps not working from /system folder, download from Play if you need them
    • - fix for 480p/720p/1080p switch crash in video
    • - removed forced "use 3d gpu render for 2d graphics" - re-enable in developer settings
    • - included clockworkmod installer, so you can more easily reboot into CWM.
    • 13-JAN-2013
    • - fixed dalvik cachebug which caused some apps (like lucky patcher) to crash
    • - fixed usb sharing to pc, MTP ,Camera and Mass storage type functions work.
    • - fixed internal storage mounting, it is now at /storage/sdcard0
    • - fixed camera/video recording and added more audio files to enable camera startup as well.
    • 12-JAN-2013
    • - Initial release
    • Changes to support Optimus 4X hardware
    • Certificate support for radio driver to enable calling functions
    • added NfcTagPlus to support changing nfc tags
    • per default it seems to have force GPU for 2d, which you disable in "developer settings" , as performance tests will decrease alot, but overall use look better.

howto-camera_zps68ff318e.png

- start lgcamera (you will get black screen) OK - normal.
    - click shot button (you will hear shater sound - but picture wouldn't be taken)
    - pres back button on phone
    - start camera apk from custonexus - and thats it! worked every time for me.
    and works up till next reboot.

instructions_zpsc9632d29.png

• it has come to my attention, that mobile data do NOT enable, if you got a pincode on your simcard. so disable this in your stock LG rom, do NOT do it in this rom, it will fail and cause your simcard to enter PUK state and you need the PUK code to get opened again.
    • battery: do note, WIFI is default - always enabled - and inactivity timeout is 15minutes, you can set it to always and 5 minutes, and deep sleep is faster optained.
    • Factory reset / WIPE before you install if you come from STOCK LG rom, as this ROM will only install and clear system partition automatically. you are responsible for factory reset coming from another type of rom.
      Alternatively - use original recovery where you factory reset as well. (VOL- + powerOn, remove usb cable, or you get to wrong menu) ..
    • Install the release using latest ClockWorkMod , using "install zip from external sdcard". this is a regular "update.zip" type of install.
    • if you get error 7 during install, go check in "mount and storage" that /system is not mounted before you install.
    • if you wipe AFTER install you loose ClockWorkMod and a few other non-important apps, install CWM the usual way, except do NOT install recovery,
      its already installed.but just boot into recovery using the app.

download_zps2efb2d09.png

v0.99p4d full update here
    v0.99p4(b) - v0.99p4d patch update here
    problems with audio?? try this patch here

-----------
    Previous updates
    v0.99p4d full update
    v0.99p4(b) - v0.99p4d patch update [URL="http://d-h.st/ppq"]here
    (some comment having audio bug, so try to stay on v0.99p3a alone and do not install this patch)
    v0.99p3a mirror CustoO4X-v0.99p3a-OptimusEditon.zip
    v0.99p2 mirror (99+vibra+wifi fix) CustoO4X-v0.99p2-OptimusEditon.zip
    v0.99 - CustoO4X-v0.99-OptimusEditon.zip
    v0.2 - CustoO4X-v0.2-OptimusEditon.zip
    v0.1 - CustoO4X-v0.1-OptimusEditon.zip

Firefox and chrome users: Ignore warning, this is just a zip for android included, no executables here

thanksto_zps50eeed93.png

Floatshow & djpbx - for allowing me to use their rom as base (you find it here with screen shots
    nomaj - for the graphics used here and possible future ones :)
    ksekhar - great camera mod to give us better photo's, mod is included from v0.99p3
    BUGS found in this release
    - v0.99p5 vibration bug - disable vibrate when touch, it should mimize risk of vibra-freezes
    - hardkey lights do not come on automatically
    - Bluetooth (do not try to enable and your mobile become unstable and can reboot)

- possible phone audio fix for those with that problem, here

- if you do have simcode lock enabled, you can probably also have mobile data issue, which means you cannot get APN settings or enable 3G.
    solution is to disable simcard lock, if you wish to continue with this rom.
    When this gets mobile data, its gonna be so F****** great.. :)

Really looking forward to it.. :)

today is your lucky day..

i FINALLY found the missing link.... mobile data is now working
    good news for us from Ubuntu Team:

"Well, a few more of you will be able to build the source for your devices soon as Canonical has confirmed more than 20 new devices would be added to the list. These devices include the Motorola XOOM, CDMA Galaxy Nexus devices, the Nexus S and Nexus One, the HTC One X and One X+, the Samsung Galaxy Note, Note 2, and S3 (Verizon, AT&T, and international GSM variants), the Galaxy S2, Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi, Motorola’s DROID 3, DROID 4 and DROID Bionic, the ASUS Transformer Pad and Transformer Infinity, LG Optimus 4X HD, and more."
    v0.99p3 on its way

so,
    i finally found the nasty problem with settings not possible to change or that they disappear when you reboot.
    when settings did not save or could not be changed, it was simply because of the wrong "init" used to control it.
    and together with this fix i had to modify the mobile network solution again, since the "init" here does handle it differently. but it seems quite ok.
    and guess what, wifi can be enabled at first boot now without problems at all :)

on top of these changes
    - added camera mod from ksekhar but only files needed, since patch cannot be installed on top of this release.
    - includes lgcamera now, since camera problem is not gone, and you need this app to reset camera.
    - replaced gmail, so its handled correctly when updating and do no longer fail updating.
    - removed quicksearch , so its can be correctly installed from Play
    - added some apps to removable folder, so its easy to uninstall (faceboot,cpuspy,terminal,chrome)
    - tested and updated details related to v10h release, so it shows v10h now in info and ril driver match.
    - update included cwm to included dummy installer, if someone pushes install recovery

- if you feel this release do not deepsleep, just install the previously released de-vibra patch, you lose vibrator function, but gain is better battery life.