[ROM][26-Jan-2012]Inspire Prochloron[Sense 3.0][Telus 3.13.611.4 base]

Search This thread

dxwilliams40

Mar 10, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'm also stuck in a boot loop after flashing. I'm downloading again to see if it was due to a bad download.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

caddyman1989

Aug 18, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Boot loop

I rooted my inspire wiped cache and wiped data/factory reset in clockworkmod recovery and installed and still got boot loop. tried the dhd exe. Liked it but any chance you can get the H symbol to stay even when data connection is turned off?

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
caddyman1989 said:
I rooted my inspire wiped cache and wiped data/factory reset in clockworkmod recovery and installed and still got boot loop. tried the dhd exe. Liked it but any chance you can get the H symbol to stay even when data connection is turned off?

There us no way to keep the data connected icon when the data connection is off

peiminglei

Jan 6, 2011
beijing
I don't know what this means.

it means,after flashing this new rom->restarts via recorvery->HTC logo is displayed->then HTC logo displayed again with vibrates,and then goes to HTC logo again and again,and cannot run into system. bootloop:( I think this is VU‘s fault you added into the rom because i got the same state after flashing UV's rom 1.48. used 4ext 2.2.7 rc5 for flashing

Last edited:

Gene Poole

Jul 15, 2010
Brighton IL
it means,after flashing this new rom->restarts via recorvery->HTC logo is displayed->then HTC logo displayed again with vibrates,and then goes to HTC logo again and again,and cannot run into system. bootloop:( I think this is VU‘s fault you added into the rom because i got the same state after flashing UV's rom 1.48. used 4ext 2.2.7 rc5 for flashing

You mean the kernel itself? I suppose that's a possibility. It is based on mdeejay's kernel, but optimized for Inspire, namely my Inspire and I know there are hardware differences in the various Inspires out there and this may be reflected somehow in the kernel.

It would be nice to get a logcat dump of one of these Inspires that bootloop.

Further proof could be to install a different kernel and see if that works--perhaps the original Unity kernel by mdeejay that can be found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1130350

ZeroRilix

Mar 23, 2011
Covington
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
the screenshots posted by another member show a 4-bar signal meter. I was going to mod it but I already see it has the appropriate files for a 5-bar signal meter. can anyone confirm if it does have a 5-bar signal meter before I flash?

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
ZeroRilix said:
the screenshots posted by another member show a 4-bar signal meter. I was going to mod it but I already see it has the appropriate files for a 5-bar signal meter. can anyone confirm if it does have a 5-bar signal meter before I flash?

All firm wares are built with every carriers signal icons in it. ATT, VERSIZON, SPRINT, AND TMOBILE

Reactions: ZeroRilix

ZeroRilix

Mar 23, 2011
Covington
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Next question, has anyone figured out the bootloop problem? After posting that about the signal bar, I flashed it. However, I like the other member, got the "HTC - quietly brilliant" loop. Could not do anything. I pulled the battery, went into recovery and was able to flash a new ROM. I definitely want to use this ROM, but until the bootloop gets corrected, I can't.

Sent from my Er3bus XL 2.1 powered HTC Inspire using XDA app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've rebased my 3.xx ROM from the Telus 3.13.661.4 OTA release recently being pushed to Canadian customers of Telus. This is great for us Inspire users since the Telus DHD is 100% hardware compatible with our Inspires.

Changelog:
    • 26-Jan-2012 - Re-based the entire ROM from recently released 3.13.661.4 source. Gave it a name (Prochloron--just liked the way it sounds). Using the stock kernel right now. Should work with any Sense3 kernels available.
    • 08-Dec-2011 - Re-based the entire ROM from recently released 3.12.405.1 stock HTC RUU.
    • 03-Oct-2011 - Removed some apps deemed exploitable by Android Police. Some minor kernel tweaks. Removed buggy HtcVideoPlayer.apk.
    • 26-Sep-2011 - Updates. Added CRT animation. build.prop changes. New kernel config. Fixed Inspire audio.
    • 22-Sep-2011 - Fixed in-call mic audio. Added a new kernel based on mdeejay's 2.6.35.14 Inspire/DHD kernel. Fixed "Charge Only"/"Disk Drive" being deleted from the status bar drop-down.
    • 20-Sep-2011 - Initial Release.

Download:
    http://hoxnet.com/droid/InspireProchloron_0.80.zip
    MD5: 08febec7bfbf7fc087bf30b669d82077

It WILL wipe and format your data partition. Backup first! I prefer Titanium Backup.

Copy it to your SD card, reboot to recovery, and install zip.

I'm using it as my daily-driver on the Inspire and it's been rock-solid for the past several days.

More to come as I get feedback!
    Thank you for this. You're a valuable asset to the community.

Can you elaborate on how you decompressed the lib IMG?

I guess HTC wasn't forward-looking enough and didn't think they'd run out of space on the system partition, but with sense3 and beefier OEM included apps, they needed more space.

The 3.xx ROMs for DHD (others?) use a separate partition for the libraries. The new hboot repartitions the NAND by taking some from the data partition (and the cache partition I think) and makes a new partition. The new ROM has no files in /system/lib, but uses that directory to mount the new lib partition so that in the end, it is transparent to the OS.

There's still plenty of room if you remove some of the bloat in /system. I managed to squeeze some extra space out of it by moving some apps (like facebook and google maps--apps that get periodically updated any way so that their existence on the /system partition is redundant) to the data partition and by removing some bloat. So now it all fits nicely on a standar system partition. All I had to do was comment 3 line out in the init.spade.rc file so that it wouldn't try to mount the non-existent partition.

Oh, the actual lib.img in the RUU is just an ext3 partition. You can mount it through the loopback device on linux and just copy the files off of it.
    Just re packaged the whole ROM from Telus 3.13.661.4 base. See first post for details.
    You might want to include the htc video player apk in the next build seems the stock one freezes after recording Videos until you leave camera and go back in and how is progress on an edge glow :)? Also 2 more suggestions, make it easier to do the screen carousel effect and 3d screen when tilting to the left or right in display setting :p... love this rom

EDIT: found a small glitch with the notification bar, whenever you download something the status of that download lags (only with market installing) and if you download something and it fails, the notification bar doesn't say it failed but just stays on the percent it was on before the failure and the only way to tell if it failed is if you go to downloads

Edit 2: layapota found a way to get beats working even on the DHD leak roms and can be found in the collected mod link found in the android revolution thread under modifications in the second post if you want to incorporate it

Signatures are fancy.

What is an "edge glow"? I've heard that one before, but never seen it, and how do you change things on the carousel parameters? I didn't know that was possible.

The notification bar download thing I have seen before. I thought it was the market app. If not, then it is probably a bug in some other app in the base (this is after all HTC "alpha" code at best). I'll look into it.

What is "beats"? Another one I've seen some posts, but I've never actually seen it or know what it means.

I'm trying to keep this one as simple as possible. I don't mind adding some features here and there, but I also don't want to screw things up by blindly swapping out framework jars that I have no idea from whence they came. I've noticed that PirateGhost has pretty much abandoned his work on this Sense3 port (kraken) because of things like this getting out of control. Things like the CRT mod (for which there is ample documentation on the exact code changes needed) I've implemented myself and have an understanding of the code for this one, but I have no idea where some of these other mods come from nor whether they are compatible at all with this base framework. I also don't really want this to just become a clone of Android Revolution 6.

In short, this is how I think a nice Sense3 ROM should be (HTC got it mostly right) and if you like it too, then great, but I can't please everyone's tastes. If there's a way to implement some changes as installable add-ons, I'm not opposed to that.
    How is this rom on smoothness, lag, etc.? Also, are there any screenshots of the rom? Thanks!

The ROM is running fine for me. It's not the fastest but considering its a test ROM its damn good. Nothing fancy to see unless you have never flashed a Sense 3.0 ROM. It's the exact same build that ARHD 6.1 is based on.