• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][28 Oct][HC31] ISI-GALAXY 10.1v (P7100) version 1.03v

Search This thread

isimobile

Aug 8, 2011
Centurion
This is based on P7500XWKHD Galaxy Tab 10.1 / HC 3.1 ROM but it is for the P7100 tablet.

Please read the whole thread before you flash

• Flash on your own risk. I cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to your tab

• This is not all my own work, I have worked with other members to get this ROM working.

• kernel is provided by pershoot - compiled it myself to include turn.ko and cifs.ko - all kernel work is from here

• first-time users you need to wipe! use supplied wipe script. Please read carefully, everything is here to get it flashed onto your TAB, if you do not understand what to do, ask, we will gladly try and assist.

• Copy the downloaded files to sdcard (/sdcard/) and flash via ClockWorkMod

• As always backup your data / apps before doing this! I use Titanium backup, search for it in the market.

Please read the thread before you report a bug. don't report already reported bugs. keep the thread clean. use xda's search feature

• You need unlocked bootloader, click on link to see how to unlock.

• You need root, click on link to see how to root.

Note: you should have Samsung Kies installed, or device drivers, for adb to work! It seems a lot of people do not have it installed, which causes a lot of confusion.
  • You need ClockworkMod Recovery (it is part of ROM Manager), download ROM Manager from market to install ClockWorkMod.

Features
  • Honeycomb 3.1 Based on P7500XWKHD ROM for the P7500, it will report as a P7500 but it is a P7100. Cannot change it to P7100 then some applications do not work.
  • Samsung TouchWiz UX UI
  • Camera application with modification for full 8mp photos and full hd 1080p video capture.
  • allows OC up to 1.4Ghz kernel, based on pershoot kernel compiled to include the following modules: ntfs.ko, tun.ko, cifs.ko
  • Kies via Wifi works on latest Kies in windows
  • Zipaligned
  • Deodexed
  • Voodoo sound improvements (Download voodoo from Market)
[/LIST]
  • See second post for latest modem.

Bugs

• Wakeup issues, happens to some users.

Thanks to:
pershoot, for getting the kernel working! He is the MAN! He worked nights to get the kernel working on the 10.1v, with not even having the device!
SEO, He has assisted me a lot over the last couple of months!, if it was not for him I could not have done this
To the community that got me into this without them I would not have been able to do this.

Changelog:
1.03v : Latest Kernel update from pershoot, fix some SoD issues.
1.03v : Latest Superuser and su
1.02v : Fix force closure’s on Camera and Video. Thanks to polpo71 for the letting me know of the error, should have fixed this in the initial release.
1.01v : New SuperUser.apk ver 3.0
1.01v : Fix Sound on headphone level, kernel fix. Thanks to seo.
1.000 : New base.
0.xxx : See second post for older changelog on older base.

Download:
- 1.03v update
- please flash the "WIPE" zip, TB Galaxy WIPE script (SEO's), required for new users coming from stock. This will FACTORY RESET your tab but /data/media(sdcard) (your music, pictures & videos) will be left intact.
- this will NOT factory reset your tab if you're not on older version of this rom
All files available from this post. http://ismaakit.com/blog/

Kernel sources

Please do not link directly to the files, use this thread if you want to link.

Attachments

• about.jpg
    about.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 3,451
  • main.jpg
    main.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 3,459
Last edited:

isimobile

Aug 8, 2011
Centurion
Latest Official buke2 Modem:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash modem modem.bin
fastboot reboot

YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Modem.bin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TIP: Enable USB Charging
Code:
adb shell
cd  /sys/class/power_supply/battery/
echo 1 > force_usb_charging

To disable it:
Code:
adb shell
echo 0 > force_usb_charging

b.t.w. a couple of users has asked why not default?

I DO NOT LIKE THE IDEA OF CHARGING THE BAT FROM USB, IF IT WAS SUPPOSE TO DO THAT, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ENABLED, but that is me, you are welcome to do it if you wish. :)

This is active until you reboot. Then you will have to redo.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TIP: IF YOU MAYBE LOOSE ROOT IF YOU RESTORE A ROM, TO GET ROOT BACK JUST DO THIS:

Code:
adb remount
adb shell chmod 6755 /system/bin/su

Extras for ISI-GALAXY 1.x

Theme:darker status_bar.
Restore to original.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[MOD] CirclesMod / HooolmGlow for ISI-GALAXY 1.1x
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1240597

attachment.php

Download here: http://ismaakit.com/rom/theme/HooolmGlow_GT-P7100_isiGalxy10v_b004-signed.zip
Restore: http://ismaakit.com/rom/theme/HooolmGlow_GT-P7100_isiGalxy10v_restore.zip

Thank you to Hooolm for the MOD, You can vist him here: http://circlesmod.dk/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Older Base [P7500XWKG9]

Changelog:
0.8 : kernel update - pershoot
0.8 : usb kernel fix - isimobile/seo
0.7 : kernel update - pershoot
0.7 : kernel modules tun.ko and cifs.ko included
0.6 : incorrect 3g data counters fixed - seo
0.6 : sleep of death fixed (could still happen but in very very rare cases) - seo
0.5: new kernel from pershoot. Fixed hopefully sleep of death, please report back. kernel fix from seo. thank you pershoot and seo! update 0.5v containt fixes from 0.4v, please see full post for details.
0.4: new kernel from pershoot, thank you! new camera app from seo. battery drain fixed, battery annimation fix
0.3: new base XWKG9, new kernel from pershoot, thank you!, new camera and email app from seo. ROM is now Deodexed and zipaligned, 3g drop fix and battery drain fix
0.2: first public release
0.1: internal

Download:
- 0.8v update
- please flash the "WIPE" zip, TB Galaxy WIPE script (SEO's), required for new users coming from stock. This will FACTORY RESET your tab but /data/media (your music, pictures & videos) will be left intact.
- this will NOT factory reset your tab if you're not on older version of this rom

Bugs

• If MEDIA SERVER have high cpu usage on battery stats. Fix do this: go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all -> com.sec.android.providers.download -> clear data

• Reboot after unplug of usb adapter - fixed

• "Sleep of Death", sometime when the tab goes to sleep it does not wake up when you press power. Almost - latest kernel should reduce it. Workaround - Press power until Tab boots.

• Battery drain issue

• 3g losing connectivity when going to sleep. Fix unknown. do not flash modem.bin as previously suggested, error still occurs Fixed in 0.3

• Busy working on the fix... Will release a new ROM soon. You can flash the kernel from seo rom, it fixes the problem. Will Release one with pershoot's kernel, soon. Done

If you experience battery drain, please let me know. Also if you go to Settings -> Applications -> Battery use. It will list apps that was using battery. Take a screenshot and post it.

Kernel sources

0.8v Extras

Restore to original.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who want's a GUI File Manager to Linux, A command line + GUI (GTK based) Android ADB-based file manager https://github.com/sole/aafm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To be able to send SMS you can flash the 7500 modem image. Download the file to disk and then do this:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot reboot

Attachments

• SC20110818-104559.jpg
    SC20110818-104559.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,637
  • ss_GT-P7500_b34_0001.jpg
    ss_GT-P7500_b34_0001.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 24,952
Last edited:

undead_za

Dec 27, 2007
Waterfall
Tank you verry much for this great ROM. After flashing the update to 0.4 yesterday this Rom kick ass. Great work. The update fixed a lot of small little things in the Rom as well. Eg. When I power of the device and then back on the alarm stays as I previously had to reset it every time the Rom booted. Also the problem with the battery drain seems to have dissapeard. Exelent job man. I would say the 10.1v is now working at 100% after the update.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using XDA Premium App

undead_za

Dec 27, 2007
Waterfall
Tank you verry much for this great ROM. After flashing the update to 0.4 yesterday this Rom kick ass. Great work. The update fixed a lot of small little things in the Rom as well. Eg. When I power of the device and then back on the alarm stays as I previously had to reset it every time the Rom booted. Also the problem with the battery drain seems to have dissapeard. Exelent job man. I would say the 10.1v is now working at 100% after the update.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using XDA Premium App

Exellent............

undead_za

Dec 27, 2007
Waterfall
I have none of these issues..... My device wakes up fast it always detects my sim. Even the screen response is fast. Plays video and music with no problems. No connection probs. All and all tihis rom is the best out there. My battery lasted more than 10 hrs yesterday. I was using the device the whole day yesterday. Battey annimation while charging works well again. Seems the device is also lighter on recources (ram). Exellent rom.... Thank you for your great work!

Sent from my GT-P7100 using XDA Premium App

laserprom

Feb 12, 2010
I have none of these issues..... My device wakes up fast it always detects my sim. Even the screen response is fast. Plays video and music with no problems. No connection probs. All and all tihis rom is the best out there. My battery lasted more than 10 hrs yesterday. I was using the device the whole day yesterday. Battey annimation while charging works well again. Seems the device is also lighter on recources (ram). Exellent rom.... Thank you for your great work!

Sent from my GT-P7100 using XDA Premium App

Same device same result, all works great

Sent from my GT-P7100

mjkute

Nov 19, 2010
sorry for stupid question
i have rooted and installed ClockworkMod from rom manager but i haven't unlocked bootloader yet. So I can install this rom?
By the way, what is "unlocked bootloader" for?
thanks so much (i hope i will have answer)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is based on P7500XWKHD Galaxy Tab 10.1 / HC 3.1 ROM but it is for the P7100 tablet.

Please read the whole thread before you flash

• Flash on your own risk. I cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to your tab

• This is not all my own work, I have worked with other members to get this ROM working.

• kernel is provided by pershoot - compiled it myself to include turn.ko and cifs.ko - all kernel work is from here

• first-time users you need to wipe! use supplied wipe script. Please read carefully, everything is here to get it flashed onto your TAB, if you do not understand what to do, ask, we will gladly try and assist.

• Copy the downloaded files to sdcard (/sdcard/) and flash via ClockWorkMod

• As always backup your data / apps before doing this! I use Titanium backup, search for it in the market.

Please read the thread before you report a bug. don't report already reported bugs. keep the thread clean. use xda's search feature

• You need unlocked bootloader, click on link to see how to unlock.

• You need root, click on link to see how to root.

Note: you should have Samsung Kies installed, or device drivers, for adb to work! It seems a lot of people do not have it installed, which causes a lot of confusion.
    • You need ClockworkMod Recovery (it is part of ROM Manager), download ROM Manager from market to install ClockWorkMod.

Features
    • Honeycomb 3.1 Based on P7500XWKHD ROM for the P7500, it will report as a P7500 but it is a P7100. Cannot change it to P7100 then some applications do not work.
    • Samsung TouchWiz UX UI
    • Camera application with modification for full 8mp photos and full hd 1080p video capture.
    • allows OC up to 1.4Ghz kernel, based on pershoot kernel compiled to include the following modules: ntfs.ko, tun.ko, cifs.ko
    • Kies via Wifi works on latest Kies in windows
    • Zipaligned
    • Deodexed
    • Voodoo sound improvements (Download voodoo from Market)
    [/LIST]
    • See second post for latest modem.

Bugs

• Wakeup issues, happens to some users.

Thanks to:
    pershoot, for getting the kernel working! He is the MAN! He worked nights to get the kernel working on the 10.1v, with not even having the device!
    SEO, He has assisted me a lot over the last couple of months!, if it was not for him I could not have done this
    To the community that got me into this without them I would not have been able to do this.

Changelog:
    1.03v : Latest Kernel update from pershoot, fix some SoD issues.
    1.03v : Latest Superuser and su
    1.02v : Fix force closure’s on Camera and Video. Thanks to polpo71 for the letting me know of the error, should have fixed this in the initial release.
    1.01v : New SuperUser.apk ver 3.0
    1.01v : Fix Sound on headphone level, kernel fix. Thanks to seo.
    1.000 : New base.
    0.xxx : See second post for older changelog on older base.

Download:
    - 1.03v update
    - please flash the "WIPE" zip, TB Galaxy WIPE script (SEO's), required for new users coming from stock. This will FACTORY RESET your tab but /data/media(sdcard) (your music, pictures & videos) will be left intact.

Kernel sources

Re: 3.2 update

I tried the latest leaked rom and I got almost everything working except 3g. The rom feels ok, but with 3g not working it does not help much. Will wait for next leaked rom. I am not going to release half baked rom, do not feel comfortable with it, sorry.

Send from my GT-7100 using Tapatalk
    Latest Official buke2 Modem:

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot reboot

Modem.bin

TIP: Enable USB Charging
    Code:
    adb shell
    echo 1 > force_usb_charging

To disable it:
    Code:
    adb shell
    echo 0 > force_usb_charging

b.t.w. a couple of users has asked why not default?

I DO NOT LIKE THE IDEA OF CHARGING THE BAT FROM USB, IF IT WAS SUPPOSE TO DO THAT, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ENABLED, but that is me, you are welcome to do it if you wish. :)

This is active until you reboot. Then you will have to redo.
    TIP: IF YOU MAYBE LOOSE ROOT IF YOU RESTORE A ROM, TO GET ROOT BACK JUST DO THIS:

Code:
    adb remount
    adb shell chmod 6755 /system/bin/su

Extras for ISI-GALAXY 1.x

Restore to original.

[MOD] CirclesMod / HooolmGlow for ISI-GALAXY 1.1x
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1240597

attachment.php

Download here: http://ismaakit.com/rom/theme/HooolmGlow_GT-P7100_isiGalxy10v_b004-signed.zip
    Restore: http://ismaakit.com/rom/theme/HooolmGlow_GT-P7100_isiGalxy10v_restore.zip

Thank you to Hooolm for the MOD, You can vist him here: http://circlesmod.dk/
    Older Base [P7500XWKG9]

Changelog:
    0.8 : kernel update - pershoot
    0.8 : usb kernel fix - isimobile/seo
    0.7 : kernel update - pershoot
    0.7 : kernel modules tun.ko and cifs.ko included
    0.6 : incorrect 3g data counters fixed - seo
    0.6 : sleep of death fixed (could still happen but in very very rare cases) - seo
    0.5: new kernel from pershoot. Fixed hopefully sleep of death, please report back. kernel fix from seo. thank you pershoot and seo! update 0.5v containt fixes from 0.4v, please see full post for details.
    0.4: new kernel from pershoot, thank you! new camera app from seo. battery drain fixed, battery annimation fix
    0.3: new base XWKG9, new kernel from pershoot, thank you!, new camera and email app from seo. ROM is now Deodexed and zipaligned, 3g drop fix and battery drain fix
    0.2: first public release
    0.1: internal

Download:
    - 0.8v update
    - please flash the "WIPE" zip, TB Galaxy WIPE script (SEO's), required for new users coming from stock. This will FACTORY RESET your tab but /data/media (your music, pictures & videos) will be left intact.

Bugs

• If MEDIA SERVER have high cpu usage on battery stats. Fix do this: go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all -> com.sec.android.providers.download -> clear data

• Reboot after unplug of usb adapter - fixed

• "Sleep of Death", sometime when the tab goes to sleep it does not wake up when you press power. Almost - latest kernel should reduce it. Workaround - Press power until Tab boots.

• Battery drain issue

• 3g losing connectivity when going to sleep. Fix unknown. do not flash modem.bin as previously suggested, error still occurs Fixed in 0.3

• Busy working on the fix... Will release a new ROM soon. You can flash the kernel from seo rom, it fixes the problem. Will Release one with pershoot's kernel, soon. Done

If you experience battery drain, please let me know. Also if you go to Settings -> Applications -> Battery use. It will list apps that was using battery. Take a screenshot and post it.

Kernel sources

0.8v Extras

Restore to original.

For those of you who want's a GUI File Manager to Linux, A command line + GUI (GTK based) Android ADB-based file manager https://github.com/sole/aafm
    To be able to send SMS you can flash the 7500 modem image. Download the file to disk and then do this:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot reboot

Update RE 3.2, Got latest 3.2 leaked rom, testing it, looking better than other ROM, but loosing 3g on reboot of tab :-( , also camera is not working. Think it is kernel related. Not sure, working with pershoot on it. but no promises. If I get it right I will release, if not I won't.
    Pershoot has released a new kernel update, should hopefully fix sod for some users. More information here. http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=2391

[Edit] I created a new updated installation and updated version to 1.03v including new kernel.

Send from my GT-7100 using Tapatalk