[ROM][29July2013] mROM v4.0 JSS15J - stock 4.3 + GAPPS, MOD(s), etc.

Search This thread

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Here is a 4.3 ROM built from AOSP source designed to emulate what a Verizon 4.3 ROM would be like. The changes from AOSP include the addition of GAPPS, addition of Verizon apps, appropriate binaries so everything works, addition of busybox, correct eri.xml, home screen layout to mimic a stock ROM, and the removal of the tethering restriction. The ROM is not pre-rooted, so flash Chainfire's SuperSU if you want root.

As usual, flash at your own risk and post any successes or problems.

Download Link(s) for v4.0: MD5: be4377ab16432112f09d18ae37c91041

DOWNLOAD via Goo.im

Cubby.com MIRROR

SuperSU v1.51 - you may want to check for a more recent version if this link becomes outdated. Flash after you flash the ROM.

Bugs - text-to-speech may not work correctly. Please flash fix attached to this post after flashing the ROM. Thanks AndroJak!

MODS:
Extended Power Menu - CM style
- Ability to reboot, hot reboot, reboot recovery, & reboot bootloader.
- Replaces /system/framework/android.policy.jar
- Thanks to Cyanogenmod and xIC-MACIx
- DOWLOAD
- MIRROR

Thanks to mmuzzy for help building from aosp (fixing t-cdma64 in eri.xml and cell broadcasts menu, plus other stuff I'm probably forgetting), adrynalyne, and djp952 for help building from AOSP.

Attachments

• TTS_fix.zip
    328.4 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

dxjay

Nov 16, 2010
Here is a stock, rooted, busybox, etc. ROM built from the 4.1.1 AOSP source for Verizon. It has GAPPS included from the GSM developer preview and the Verizon apps as well (MyVerizon and the backup one). My attempt was to make a stock rooted ROM for Verizon based off of the 4.1.1 source on AOSP. Some things are still added to this rom from 4.0.4 IMM76K Verizon ROM, but I did include the new binaries for toro. I haven't fully tested everything, but camera, google now, gps, and wifi all work as expected. I'll try to get some add-on's / mods before too long and have them posted as flashable .zips.

Download Link(s):
about 5 min or so....

first cant wait!!! ^.^

Reactions: fclifton

BrandT90

Mar 17, 2011
Carbondale
Is Google Now working? I know mmuzzy was having issues on his AOSP ROM. Either way, I'll give 'er a test once the download links are available. :D

PacerguyDon

Mar 15, 2011
Boise
Downloading. Looking forward to this. Thanks Mwalt for sharing!!!
Quick DL as well. 2 minutes has got to be a new record for a JB rom :)

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com
downloading now, hope its all good! i'm looking for a "stock jb" style rom of the newest update. ill post my outcome shortly. going to test the basics that are supposed to work.

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
Is a flash to the JB bootloader recommended? Finally, a build that seems to have all/most components working! No issues with the 4G's or the LTE's?? Lol. :p

Galaxy Nexus - Slim ICS 4.2

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com
i wiped data, cache and dalvik cache 2x each, installed and installed trinity kernel on top and hit reboot. (i like trinity for the colors and such, and good battery life :p).

first boot took a minute.

updating some apps and gonna test some things.

still getting t-cdma 64 as a carrier

tycoon177

Aug 11, 2010
Here is a stock, rooted, busybox, etc. ROM built from the 4.1.1 AOSP source for Verizon. It has GAPPS included from the GSM developer preview and the Verizon apps as well (MyVerizon and the backup one). My attempt was to make a stock rooted ROM for Verizon based off of the 4.1.1 source on AOSP. Some things are still added to this rom from 4.0.4 IMM76K Verizon ROM, but I did include the new binaries for toro. I haven't fully tested everything, but camera, google now, gps, and wifi all work as expected. I'll try to get some add-on's / mods before too long and have them posted as flashable .zips.

Download Link(s):
DOWNLOAD from Dev-Host
MD5: 8383b87cc2f9e5b510807c3034052ffe

Any issues in this build? Also, what are the install instructions?

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Downloading now. Any thoughts on current JB kernel compatibility?
I've always used stock, so I can't really comment. Now that source is out, I'd expect the JB kernels to work better.
still getting t-cdma 64 as a carrier
No sure what causes this, but I've never seen it with this build or the previous developer preview build. Did it happen on first boot before you installed anything else?

Any issues in this build? Also, what are the install instructions?
I'd recommend a full factory reset, but people can try what they feel comfortable with. Personally, I did a factory reset, wiped both caches, and then flashed the ROM (with TWRP).
when going to sounds to set ringtones i have a lot of doubles of default ringtones, wonder where i can remove them?
Do you have any on your sdcard partition in the Ringtones folder? If not, I'd check \system\media\audio path (subfolders for ringtones, alarms, etc). Delete any duplicates you find in there. I don't have any duplicates and there aren't any in the rom.zip I uploaded.

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com
just overwrote mms.apk in system/apps to get the custom pink mms, and got a quick reboot to my boot screen, this never happened on 4.1 roms that weren't source, don't know if this is normal because i replaced the app and it was a one time thing (i hope). as far as going to system/media/ringtones, i see them but there arent any doubles, however theres doubles when i go to select a ringtone from the menu, for everything system related, ringtones and notifications.

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com
I replaced the "stock" keypress ogg files from ics/jelly bean that sound better with this 4.1.1 release, the new key click sounds are horrible. works fine. i used to have t-cdma 64 with any build from 4.1.1 there is a fix that works that ill just apply. its a xml file or something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a 4.3 ROM built from AOSP source designed to emulate what a Verizon 4.3 ROM would be like. The changes from AOSP include the addition of GAPPS, addition of Verizon apps, appropriate binaries so everything works, addition of busybox, correct eri.xml, home screen layout to mimic a stock ROM, and the removal of the tethering restriction. The ROM is not pre-rooted, so flash Chainfire's SuperSU if you want root.

Download Link(s) for v4.0: MD5: be4377ab16432112f09d18ae37c91041

DOWNLOAD via Goo.im

Cubby.com MIRROR

SuperSU v1.51 - you may want to check for a more recent version if this link becomes outdated. Flash after you flash the ROM.

Bugs - text-to-speech may not work correctly. Please flash fix attached to this post after flashing the ROM. Thanks AndroJak!

MODS:
    Extended Power Menu - CM style
    - Ability to reboot, hot reboot, reboot recovery, & reboot bootloader.
    - Replaces /system/framework/android.policy.jar
    - Thanks to Cyanogenmod and xIC-MACIx
    - DOWLOAD
    - MIRROR

Thanks to mmuzzy for help building from aosp (fixing t-cdma64 in eri.xml and cell broadcasts menu, plus other stuff I'm probably forgetting), adrynalyne, and djp952 for help building from AOSP.
    The new rom is uploading. It'll probably be 15 minutes or so. I tested the camera (back, front, video, panorama), nfc, wifi, gps, search, and gallery. All seemed to be working fine. I'll try to get some flashable mods up tomorrow for at least the simple things like native tethering, etc. For now, it's pretty much stock toro AOSP with gapps from the JB developer preview and a few files from the Verizon IMM76K update. It's rooted with busybox, sys r/w, nano text editor, and bash (thanks to dsixda's kitchen :)).
    Mwalt shower us with some lOve!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I'll have a rooted, deodex, and busybox version up later tonight. :)
    Google backup and restore is now working thanks to adrynalyne (again). Apparently, signing things IS important for some stuff :). I am going to update the links in the first post, but leave it at v1.2. The only thing that has changed is all apk's (as well as the .zip) are signed with the testkeys from AOSP. If you don't use Google backup and restore, there is no reason to download and flash it again.