[ROM][3/10/11] Vision Sense 1.85.73.2 Untouched (from Orange RUU): Rooted/Deodexed

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
This is a flashable ROM from generated from Football's RUU_Vision_Orange_FR-B2B_1.85.73.2 release. It includes all applications and original vendor configuration. In other words, it is untouched with the exception of the following:

• Rooted with my customized version of Superuser (required until ChainsDD releases a version with my patches).
  • Deodexed with moderate compression throughout.
  • Busybox installed in /system/xbin.
  • Added large APNS list to /system/etc. [Added in r2]
  • WWE-equivalent language support. [Added in r2]
There are no other changes. Just to be blindingly clear, this is NOT Virtuous; although a future version of Virtuous may be based on this ROM. Anyone building ROMs is welcome to use this as a base. Thanks again to Football for continuing to provide us with the latest RUUs.

Disclaimer: This is a one-time release. Unless a problem can be identified with the changes mentioned above (rooting, deodexing, etc), it will not be updated or supported. Use this as-is or find a ROM which uses this release as its' base if you would like support and/or expect to see changes.

Remember to hit the "Thanks" button if my work ends up being useful to you.

(MD5:767eaffc693378426e3c4d22c7c516d9)​

Last edited:

fryrice8850

Oct 8, 2010
MA
Ok just installed this on my g2 it actually runs pretty smooth...everything works and youtube works with the latest update. My gtalk shortkey works without crashing. Other than that its just like any other sense ui from the desire z.

Great stuff but oc would require for this rom to run faster.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
Ok just installed this on my g2 it actually runs pretty smooth...everything works and youtube works with the latest update. My gtalk shortkey works without crashing. Other than that its just like any other sense ui from the desire z.

Great stuff but oc would require for this rom to run faster.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App
ah this is what i wanted to know thanks.

android602

Oct 22, 2010
phx
So far everything is working ok..its stock sense UI from the desire z all stock..now the music app that's the music app I wanted for the virtuous Rom..that lil xtra option that let's me search the song through YouTube..so far so good

sent from g2 running sense

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
Can this rom be used with overclocked kernel, like Virtuous advanced kernel or pershoot's one?
It may work with the virtuous 1.1 kernels. Definitely not the pershoot kernel or our older kernels, as video playback will likely fail.

Reactions: 82_Z28

rajatthakran

Jul 14, 2007
Gurgaon
Top Bar Icons And Battery Graphics

Does someone have framework-res.apk similar to Virtuous v0.9.5 for 1.85 or will the same work??

Really like the top bar icons and battery graphics

Thanks