[ROM][3/17/15] Stock Rooted De-odex 5.1 - LMY47D - Root, Busybox, init.d, decrypted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
I am confused about something. What exactly is the difference between the one @scrosler released to this one. I see one is de-odex . Sorry if its a noob question.

clorbag

Nov 26, 2010
Carson ca
Came from chroma 5.0.2 did an internal wipe of device flashed deodex ROM and the bootloader and radio have a bootloop? Am I doing it wrong? I'm back on chroma . any help would be rad

Last edited:

Stephen

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Ban Time!
Staff member
Is anybody able to de-compile the framework using Visual Studio 10? I am trying to decompile it, so I can add in an Advanced Power Menu and battery text. If I was able to decompile it, I would switch from AOSP to this as my base rom. The problem is, I cant get VTS 10 to install the framework.

fahadali2315

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
uploadfromtaptalk1426607549748.jpg

Probably fixed the memory leak in play services..

Dec 16, 2009
Nashville
Awesome!

Great job!

Flashed this and the radio/bootloader file and all seems up and running well on a home cut SIM card for Verizon Wireless. :D

One question, tho ...

This says decrypted, but when I go to security it still says encrypted? Do I need to flash/do something else to decrypt?

Thanks again!!

mikeyxda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 2, 2010
Florida - Gulf Coast
www.ddisoftware.com
Great job!

Flashed this and the radio/bootloader file and all seems up and running well on a home cut SIM card for Verizon Wireless. :D

One question, tho ...

This says decrypted, but when I go to security it still says encrypted? Do I need to flash/do something else to decrypt?

Thanks again!!

Decrypted just means it doesn't force encryption. Unfortunately if you are encrypted, you have to wipe data and reformat it. I think there's a thread here on it somewhere. I decrypted once and tested things out and didn't notice a difference so I just left mine encrypted since it was when I did a Nandroid. Never looked back. But now, I don't remember what instructions I used. As I remember, I think all I did was wipe data and format data in TWRP... but don't quote me on that. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Mike

Dec 16, 2009
Nashville
Decrypted just means it doesn't force encryption. Unfortunately if you are encrypted, you have to wipe data and reformat it. I think there's a thread here on it somewhere. I decrypted once and tested things out and didn't notice a difference so I just left mine encrypted since it was when I did a Nandroid. Never looked back. But now, I don't remember what instructions I used. As I remember, I think all I did was wipe data and format data in TWRP... but don't quote me on that. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Mike

Gotcha. Thanks.
Seems a bit ... confusing I guess, no? If it's now not forcing encryption, maybe I don't need to go back and decrypt even though it still says encrypted ... correct?? All that said, this phone has ran very smoothly from the get go. I'd love to see what a said performance increase would do to it.

Thanks again.

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Would I be able to dirty flash this over the odex version of scott's 5.1?

I would not. You really wont gain anything by doing so.

I am confused about something. What exactly is the difference between the one @scrosler released to this one. I see one is de-odex . Sorry if its a noob question.
Yes, that is the ONLY difference. Mike and I took my original base and de-odexed it. It was de-odexing like the other prior version of Android so we pooled our talents to figure out why.

Came from chroma 5.0.2 did an internal wipe of device flashed deodex ROM and the bootloader and radio have a bootloop? Am I doing it wrong? I'm back on chroma . any help would be rad
Chroma broke your phone. You can only run that ROM. JUST KIDDING!

This rom takes about 7 minutes to boot because it is de-odex and has to convert all the de-odex to art.

Is anybody able to de-compile the framework using Visual Studio 10? I am trying to decompile it, so I can add in an Advanced Power Menu and battery text. If I was able to decompile it, I would switch from AOSP to this as my base rom. The problem is, I cant get VTS 10 to install the framework.
Mike has made a power menu. IM sure he will share it soon. But with the new release today, we are going to tackle that next. This ROM is now officialy old after 1 single.

Thanks Obama! :silly:

Reactions: vagelis

ANTHONY81L

Account currently disabled
Jun 14, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Can anyone help me out ... I sold my Nexus 6 and have to ship tomorrow. The buyer wants to keep root and recovery and everything so I flashed this ROM for him. Before I send it out I want to format and wipe all storage clean but I dont want to lose twrp or root or the fact the I'm unlocked. If I format storage in twrp will I lose twrp or anything that I dont want to lose. Or if someone can recommend a different way please help. Thanks in advance . smooth ass ROM BTW , runs great

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Can anyone help me out ... I sold my Nexus 6 and have to ship tomorrow. The buyer wants to keep root and recovery and everything so I flashed this ROM for him. Before I send it out I want to format and wipe all storage clean but I dont want to lose twrp or root or the fact the I'm unlocked. If I format storage in twrp will I lose twrp or anything that I dont want to lose. Or if someone can recommend a different way please help. Thanks in advance . smooth ass ROM BTW , runs great

Actually with the new security mechanisms in place you should revert to a 5.0.1 factory image.

Just my two cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK gang. Scott and I worked hard on this one and we give you stock 5.1.0 de-odex!
    You can get Scott's odex version here!
    Big thanks to Scott: great working together on this!

5.1.png

Preface
    • De-odexed
    • Stock Rooted... Busybox and init.d support already built for you!
    • This is based on the stock Google image!
    • You can get the radio and bootloader from HERE!

Features
    • Stock
    • De-odexed