• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [3/18] Stock Rooted 5.1 - LMY47E - Root, Busybox, init.d - Odex / DeOdex

Search This thread

BeerOnTap

Mar 21, 2015
encryption?

What is this I've been reading about encryption? Can someone explain?
Also, if I'm on Verizon, and want to tether, will this have provisions that alert them I'm tethering?

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
What is this I've been reading about encryption? Can someone explain?
Also, if I'm on Verizon, and want to tether, will this have provisions that alert them I'm tethering?

The Nexus 6 comes "encrypted"

If you want to "de-crypt" then you have to blow away the user partition while using this ROM

I made the ROM so it would not force self encrypt for those that enjoy "de-cryption"

IMHO there is no gains either way!
EDIT: That is just MHO!

adam917

May 9, 2012
Philly/Brooklyn, North America
Is a version of this coming with the 'M' build that works w/ VoLTE & Band 12 LTE on T-Mobile USA, is decrypted, & flashable on device via TWRP? I don't want to flash anything else now out of concern for losing my data & setup.

crossen0

Jan 15, 2011
Kansas City
If I'm currently an encrypted M build but wish to flash this decryped E build will it completely wipe my phone in the process?

808phoneaddict

Dec 26, 2011
Which glass one works fine on 5.1?

Ok so just a heads up, I posted this is another thread but I have the same problem and people are saying that it's my tempered glass screen protector that's affecting my proximity sensor, I just realized however that if I have a headset plugged in while making the call, my screen doesn't turn black. Not sure if it'll be the same for this rom, but that's how it is on another, hopefully that helps you.... I decided to buy another screen protector that hopefully doesn't cover the sensor and hopefully that will work

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Ep3n3wp

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Ok so just a heads up, I posted this is another thread but I have the same problem and people are saying that it's my tempered glass screen protector that's affecting my proximity sensor, I just realized however that if I have a headset plugged in while making the call, my screen doesn't turn black. Not sure if it'll be the same for this rom, but that's how it is on another, hopefully that helps you.... I decided to buy another screen protector that hopefully doesn't cover the sensor and hopefully that will work

What carrier?

sponge14

Jul 12, 2007
I know this is a stupid question for most but... What is the difference between ODEX and DEODEX, and which should I use on Sprint with a Stock everything, but Rooted?

sponge14

Jul 12, 2007
Thanks for the non-help. I did Google for the generic answer of what it is, I was trying to figure out which one to use in my specific case. It's a moot point anyways as I updated a completely different way than with this package.

blankit

Oct 28, 2010
Thanks for the non-help. I did Google for the generic answer of what it is, I was trying to figure out which one to use in my specific case. It's a moot point anyways as I updated a completely different way than with this package.

Odex is the more stable ROM but it does not allow you to mod as much as a deodex ROM. Simplest explanation I could give you.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Switch back to D build. Had the same problem and switched to D build and never had the problem since. Also D build worked better on T-Mobile for me than E build. I couldn't make calls on LTE for some reason.

Nickchapstick

Dec 29, 2010
Colorado
So I bought the nexus 6 from the play store and I am trying to update it but it stops at 5.0.1 on "C" so it won't update to 5.1. I flashed the boot loader and radio for "M". Can I flash 5.1 Roms now or how would I update to the full 5.1 ota?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well here it is... Android 5.1 build LMY47E in all its stock glory!

This was another collaborative effort between myself, and MikeyXDA!

lmy47e.png

Preface
    • Stock Rooted... Busybox and init.d support already built for you!
    • This is based 100% on the stock Google image!
    • You can get the radio and bootloader from HERE! Its a windows batch file. Reboot to bootloader and then run the batch file!

Features
    • Stock