• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [3/18] Stock Rooted 5.1 - LMY47E - Root, Busybox, init.d - Odex / DeOdex

Search This thread

ryan4a

Nov 26, 2014
You've lost your drivers. I assume you are using windows - so with the phone plugged into pc -> go into pc device manger and uninstall any/all drivers that show android device - unplug phone -> reboot pc and then plug phone back into pc. you should see the drivers reinstalling - see if that works.

edit: if above don't work try this http://androidxda.net/download-install-google-nexus-6-usb-drivers-for-adb-fastboot/

Still nothing. While connected via fastboot, my PC will only recognize it as an unknown device. Then says the correct drivers are already installed for an unknown device. It's not a driver issue. I think it's some bug from when I updated to 5.0.1. Or hardware. Which is why I'm trying to update to 5.1 without a PC. Hopefully this will fix the issue. I'm also looking for a way to completely unroot and go back to factory settings without a PC to get the OTA.

Thanks

fhem

Nov 4, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Still nothing. While connected via fastboot, my PC will only recognize it as an unknown device. Then says the correct drivers are already installed for an unknown device. It's not a driver issue. I think it's some bug from when I updated to 5.0.1. Or hardware. Which is why I'm trying to update to 5.1 without a PC. Hopefully this will fix the issue. I'm also looking for a way to completely unroot and go back to factory settings without a PC to get the OTA.

Thanks

I've been there. I'm 99% that it is a windows driver issue. It took me a week of trial and error to get it fixed. I was lucky I have access to linux and I had full mtp/adb/fastboot on linux so it was not as serious an issue for me. You have to make sure you get all the existing nexus usb/adb drivers uninstalled and do a clean install. I know it frustrated me to the max. ---- good luck.
see the troubleshooting tips at bottom --> http://www.theandroidsoul.com/nexus-6-driver-adb-fastboot-mtp-windows-mac-68355/
@scrosler I know this is off topic and we can move this discussion if you wish. BTW any thoughts on his problem.

ryan4a

Nov 26, 2014
I've been there. I'm 99% that it is a windows driver issue. It took me a week of trial and error to get it fixed. I was lucky I have access to linux and I had full mtp/adb/fastboot on linux so it was not as serious an issue for me. You have to make sure you get all the existing nexus usb/adb drivers uninstalled and do a clean install. I know it frustrated me to the max. ---- good luck.
see the troubleshooting tips at bottom --> http://www.theandroidsoul.com/nexus-6-driver-adb-fastboot-mtp-windows-mac-68355/

@scrosler I know this is off topic and we can move this discussion if you wish. BTW any thoughts on his problem.

I've already used USBDeview from the NRT to remove all android drivers. But how can I uninstall any nexus drivers when nothing is even showing up? It only says "unknown device". It doesn't work on any PC or Mac either. That's why I think it might be hardware. Regardless, any way to update to 5.1 without using a computer?

Thanks

mahabeex

Jul 8, 2012
Stratford
5.0.1 (lrx22c)

Can I dirty flash over 5.0.1 (LRX22C)

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Can I dirty flash over 5.0.1 (LRX22C)

Sorry. Forgot to include some basic information:

Model: Nexus 6
Android Version: 5.0.1 (LRX22C)
Kernel Version: 3.10.40-g72dfced

Running Stock Vanilla Android rooted with Busybox and SuperSU

tristanlee85

Aug 1, 2012
I've been using this for a few weeks now, and the device just informed me of a 5.1.1 update from OTA. Assuming since I flashed this, I can no longer get the OTA. Instead, will I have to download and flash the 5.1.1 version which wipes all my data/settings?

vagelis

Jun 10, 2003
San Diego, CA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
If you do it will fail anyway, since your recovery is not stock and the Rom is not what the OTA expects anyway. I took a chance and dirty flashed the N6Shamu ROM from this 2 weeks ago, and after that the OTA notification went away, since that is 5.1.1 already. Haven't looked back since...

Sent from my Nexus 6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well here it is... Android 5.1 build LMY47E in all its stock glory!

This was another collaborative effort between myself, and MikeyXDA!

lmy47e.png

Preface
    • Stock Rooted... Busybox and init.d support already built for you!
    • This is based 100% on the stock Google image!
    • You can get the radio and bootloader from HERE! Its a windows batch file. Reboot to bootloader and then run the batch file!

Features
    • Stock