• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][3/26/15] Pure AOSP ROM -★| 5.1.0_R3 | LMY47I | Build #6 | Proof of concept! |★-

Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Google Play movies
no playback available from this device
it will play trailers though

@sykopompos, any ideas. Maybe its the missing vendor files or is that strictly audio issues? I know I implemented those commits 100%
@johnnywayne28 You can access your movies in Youtube, have you tried that and if not could you try it and report back?

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
@sykopompos, any ideas. Maybe its the missing vendor files or is that strictly audio issues? I know I implemented those commits 100%

@johnnywayne28 You can access your movies in Youtube, have you tried that and if not could you try it and report back?

The DRM libs aren't included in the nexus blobs for the n6, those need to be included so without them, it wouldn't play anything with drm

johnnywayne28

Feb 5, 2012
Fort worth

No movies in YouTube but the regular stuff plays

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

No movies in YouTube but the regular stuff plays
Also Netflix is working but not casting to my netgear p2tv

Scott

The DRM libs aren't included in the nexus blobs for the n6, those need to be included so without them, it wouldn't play anything with drm

Well, the good news is I have tomorrow off so I can try to pull in your Shamu vendor files. Tonight... Not so much. Starting to get a Shamu sized head ache, lol

Scott

My DRM files are actually in my frank vendor so they can be pulled across all devices I compile for since they are the same files. Tomorrow I will be busy all day for the most part :(
IM sure you did before but I have a terrible memory, can you link to your vendor files?

Good news is every thing else ran nice and smooth, I enjoyed giving it a run today.

Cool. Last thing to fix is the Vendor junk and the ROM is done :good:

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
IM sure you did before but I have a terrible memory, can you link to your vendor files?

Cool. Last thing to fix is the Vendor junk and the ROM is done :good:

There is my frank vendor so you can see how it is setup there

Side note, if you wanna have a ROM version in there then you also need settings changes to read the build info line

Derp
https://github.com/The-Ancile-Project/vendor_frank?files=1

Oh and to use a vendor like this, you have to delete the vendor check file in build/core

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott

Milly7

Oct 21, 2010
There is my frank vendor so you can see how it is setup there

Side note, if you wanna have a ROM version in there then you also need settings changes to read the build info line

Derp
https://github.com/The-Ancile-Project/vendor_frank?files=1

Oh and to use a vendor like this, you have to delete the vendor check file in build/core

Which specific files are needed from your vendor folder? Also, if I just cloned your vendor would it automatically be added to my build or are some additional edits needed? I already deleted my vendor check file.

Svid

Sep 8, 2010
TLV
So far this is the best rom i used on my n6. Fit my needs like a glove. Amazing work :)
Only one "issue"?
When i connect my watch (G Watch R), the bluetooth icon is gray and i have random disconnects to the watch.
When i use my BT headset the icon is fine.
Is that normal?

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
Which specific files are needed from your vendor folder? Also, if I just cloned your vendor would it automatically be added to my build or are some additional edits needed? I already deleted my vendor check file.

You just need the DRM files there. In the config/common file, you will see where everything goes and that the core of every thing starts in one of those make files.

There is a lot more changed in frank then just the vendor so it wouldn't be the same but it should technically compile with no problems

Scott

So far this is the best rom i used on my n6. Fit my needs like a glove. Amazing work :)
Only one "issue"?
When i connect my watch (G Watch R), the bluetooth icon is gray and i have random disconnects to the watch.
When i use my BT headset the icon is fine.
Is that normal?

I cant say that is "normal" but you have to consider that the Vendor files have not been updated from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2. Not saying that will fix it but that is something that has to be taken into consideration.

Scott

What you mean the vendor files?

The Vendor files are the heart of the device. They are like "drivers" for windows. Moto did not give the whole deal with the binary blobs. They held back and that will cause some functions to be 100% (as you can see).

Does that explain better?

Reactions: Svid and sykopompos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][3/26/15] Pure AOSP ROM -★| 5.1.0_R3 | LMY47I | Build #6 | Proof of concept! |★-

Pure AOSP for the Nexus 6

Preface:
    This is meant to be a Pure AOSP build with just minor edits to stop the stock recovery from replacing custom recovery, add some Google edits to the ROM for GPS, and modify the ramdisk so as not to preclude it from being rooted! Its not meant to be a fancy ROM, its just meant to be a baseline AOSP ROM. This ROM was produced by following the steps in the build guide I wrote. See post #2 for build guide links!

Install Instructions
    1. Must have custom Recovery on unlocked device
    2. Copy ROM to device (Gapps and root too!)
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Choose Factory reset (TWRP, not sure what CWM is)
    5. Choose Install ROM
    6. Now you can install the Gapps, and Root if you desire!

Specs and Download Link!
    • Android Build Version: 5.1.0_R3 / LRX22G
    • Current Build Date: 3/26/2015
    • Download: HERE!

Recommended Add-Ons
    1. SuperSU by Chainfire here: SuperSU Stable Version
    2. PA Gapps here: [GAPPS][5.0.x][BETA] OFFICIAL Up-to-Date PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's)

Change Log
    1/19/15 - Build 6 - Complete rebuild as proof of concept for 5.1.0_r3. This is PURE AOSP with no edits and no fixes.

1/19/15 - Build 5 - Fixed Youtube, Net flix DRM play back issue. Thanks to @sykopompos for pointing me to @ayysir git hub for the fix by @BeansTown106
    1/17/15 - Build 4 - Fixed Browser force close in settings.
    12/19/14 - Build 3 - Updated to Android 5.0.2_r1
    12/15/14 - Build 2 - Switched back up to block based build for installation speed! Thanks to @hlxanthus for the 411!
    12/14/14 - Build 1 - Initial build

5.0.2-AOSP.png
    Updated to Android 5.1.0_R3 Build LMY47I

This is NOT a daily driver, rather proof of concept from my Tut thread here: Building AOSP for the Nexus 6!

Did not have time to implement all the fixes. If crowd demand is high, I will give it a shot... But with 40 thanks... I dont think crowd demand is that high :p

-Scott
    Build Guide Link

Want to build this exact ROM yourself?

Here is a great build guide I wrote: [Guide][1/19/2015] Building AOSP for the Nexus 6!
    DAMN! There is no comparison from Block Build and File based build

File based build was roughly 2 minutes and 30'ish seconds

Block based build was 10'ish seconds!

@hlxanthus was 200% correct!

Once again, thanks for the feedback! You taught me something new today!

I am uploading a block based install now. No changes from prior build, just a different install method :good:
    AOSP 5.0.2 is posted!

This is pure AOSP! Any bugs in AOSP will be bugs in this ROM.

Its meant to be flashed with a GApps of choice!

Enjoy!

Scott