[ROM][3.4] Cyanogenmod 11 Stable For Mini 2 [Latest] [Discontinued]

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
I think my phone has a problem with partitions structure or similar, another problem with trwp(for 6500D) is that not detect my external micro sd card...i had to copy the new rom to internal memory of the phone (mounting from recovery) for install...

In any way thanks you for your help, you have tried ;) :good:
Yes , could be. You could try to repartition but be careful. Good luck .

Reactions: S3rgi0

S3rgi0

Sep 20, 2015
Yes , could be. You could try to repartition but be careful. Good luck .
Today I tried to install stock Rom via Odin and start again from 0 with twrp for 6500D, but same error with f***ing data partition...and twrp remains without recognizing my sdcard...

In future days maybe try a repartition...

thanks!

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Today I tried to install stock Rom via Odin and start again from 0 with twrp for 6500D, but same error with f***ing data partition...and twrp remains without recognizing my sdcard...

In future days maybe try a repartition...

thanks!
Yep definitely partition problems. I installed an Omnirom waay back on my Jena and had to repartition to get it on ...then after I forgot and had a similar problem until I remembered and had to backtrack to repartition back to original layout..

S3rgi0

Sep 20, 2015
Yep definitely partition problems. I installed an Omnirom waay back on my Jena and had to repartition to get it on ...then after I forgot and had a similar problem until I remembered and had to backtrack to repartition back to original layout..
do you know a good tutorial for make the repartition? I never tried that and I want to stay safe before...

aficionadodesu

Aug 29, 2018
Maybe you need to format it with ext4. It was necessary for me when going from cm10 to cm11. i think cm10 uses that partiution as internal sd formatted with vfat,and cm11 uses it as data partition formatted as ext4... :confused:

S3rgi0

Sep 20, 2015
Maybe you need to format it with ext4. It was necessary for me when going from cm10 to cm11. i think cm10 uses that partiution as internal sd formatted with vfat,and cm11 uses it as data partition formatted as ext4... :confused:
I tried that, but same problem, now i have cm10.1 with external in ext4...

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
You might have changed your partitions *if you actually correctly tried changing to Ext4 and wiping data and installed the latest recovery and still have the same problem. I think you flashed recoveries and roms for both versions jena / jenad . You first need to sort that out . Flash a recovery and rom that is only for your variant.

You need a "pit" file that will repartition your device to the correct partition layout . You can find the pit file here...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2226321

Then using universal search look for instructions on how to use the pit file.

After doing this flash a stock rom for your variant and start from 0 .

Flash the LATEST recovery for your variant. ( make sure it's the right variant) .
Then change /data to ext4 and format
Then install your rom of choice.

peluki82

Nov 15, 2018
Hi. My SGM2 has the last stock room and today I want to change to this Cm11 but I have two doubts.
1. Do I need to be root before I start?
2. What recovery I have to install, CWM6.0.5.1 or TWRP 3.0.2.0 ??
Thanks for your help.

S3rgi0

Sep 20, 2015
You might have changed your partitions *if you actually correctly tried changing to Ext4 and wiping data and installed the latest recovery and still have the same problem. I think you flashed recoveries and roms for both versions jena / jenad . You first need to sort that out . Flash a recovery and rom that is only for your variant.

You need a "pit" file that will repartition your device to the correct partition layout . You can find the pit file here...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2226321

Then using universal search look for instructions on how to use the pit file.

After doing this flash a stock rom for your variant and start from 0 .

Flash the LATEST recovery for your variant. ( make sure it's the right variant) .
Then change /data to ext4 and format
Then install your rom of choice.
Thanks for the info! i will try someday!

Don Pedro!

Feb 18, 2017
Hurricane
Hi. My SGM2 has the last stock room and today I want to change to this Cm11 but I have two doubts.
1. Do I need to be root before I start?
2. What recovery I have to install, CWM6.0.5.1 or TWRP 3.0.2.0 ??
Thanks for your help.
1. No, you don't need to root the phone! The CM11 contains SU, no need to do that before flashing. You will end up with a rooted phone.
2. That depends on your phone, if you have the version with NFC then you need the jena image and TWRP3. If your phone does not have NFC you need the jenad image and CWM6.

HTH

peluki82

Nov 15, 2018
1. No, you don't need to root the phone! The CM11 contains SU, no need to do that before flashing. You will end up with a rooted phone.
2. That depends on your phone, if you have the version with NFC then you need the jena image and TWRP3. If your phone does not have NFC you need the jenad image and CWM6.

HTH
Ok, thank you very much for the information. I am reading this and other threads to have everything clear, I do not want to skip any step and have problems.

Don Pedro!

Feb 18, 2017
Hurricane
Ok, thank you very much for the information. I am reading this and other threads to have everything clear, I do not want to skip any step and have problems.
You shouldn't get any problems - normally. Anyway, to be sure to get out of troubles if something should go wrong:
  • Make a Backup of your phone if there's any important data on it.
  • Have a working version of Odin at hand. You need that anyway to flash the recovery, however you also need it if you need to unbrick the phone.
  • Get an image of the original stock firmware from the internet. There are firmware images for different versions and destination countries around, so you need to seek for yourself. If you need to unbrick you will flash this image to the phone.
With this at hand there's very little risk to hardbrick the phone. If flashing CM11 fails the phone probably won't boot anymore, however you will still be able to boot into the custom recovery to flash another image. And if this doesn't work take Odin and flash back the stock FW, this should work under almost all circumstances.

HTH

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
When i try to install it says to me "This package is for device: jenad, GT-S6500D. this device is jena" but my device is GT-S6500D!! :S

And when try to install the 6500 version it says : "mount: failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk023 at /data: Device..." but finish installation done, and when I restart the splash screen remains eternally...
You have to install s6500d recovery first then install s6500d rom

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
It's very strange that some people report they cannot access the external SD card! I also use TWRP and CM11 and I have no problems accessing the SD card, so what's the difference here?
yes I notice that
it this difficult to try build for a phone that you have not
is the sdcard is not accessible just in twrp or in cm11 ???
i will try to fix it soon

lente003

Jan 27, 2019
Low volume. How to increase microphone?

Shadow Of Leaf thank you very much for excelent ROM!

But the level of microphone is very low. Is it possibility how to repair it throught ADB shell? I found no confguration file in /etc directory.

lorn10

Oct 31, 2015
Well, - I am again excited. This last CM11 build from July 2018 runs again better than all previous one. :eek: Really great work @Shadow Of Leaf! :good:

It runs at least so smooth as the Omni-4.4.4 build from August 2018 with the difference that the call receiving works as it should.

I didn't know about that last CM11 release. I was almost sure that the development for the mini 2 has ended. Again really great work Shadow Of Leaf. And regarding any future mini 2 build, - that XDA post here may give some help regarding the NFC issue:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74120508&postcount=192

Update 06.06.2019:
I have added now some additional NFC related attachments from MasterCard. ;)

The mini 2 has an PN544 C2 chip with firmware 108.1. That can be updated to version 110.16 but that will require some kind of re-evaluation by MasterCard. So the effective maximal legal firmware upgrade is up to version 108.12. All Android 4.4.x NXP N544 C2 based devices comes with this (or newer 110.x) chip firmware. So it looks that it will be necessary to flash the N544 firmware at least to level 108.12. A good example is the Galaxy SII phone, - the original Android 2.3 based variant had chip firmware 107, the updated model which was shipped with Android 4.0.3 had nfc firmware level 108.12.

Well, it could work also without a chip fw upgrade but there may exist some side effects like high chip power consumption. An example for this problem can be found at certain LG Optimus phone models. After upgrade to Android 4.1.2 most people were affected by a massive battery drain. This problem was so grave that a lot user made a ROM downgrade back to Gingerbread. Also CyanogenMod builds were affected by this issue. LG has partial fixed that problem later with a nfc chip firmware upgrade to version 110.16. (The LG Optimus F5 is the only phone in the MasterCard list which get a firmware update from 108.12 to 110.16.)

Source:
https://mobilepartner.mastercard.com/docs/NFC FW NXP v2 9_160328.pdf
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2544811

Kind regards
lorn10

Attachments

Last edited:

lorn10

Oct 31, 2015
Here follows a little addition. As mentioned, the final CM11 build runs AWESOME. It is now definitively better than bleached's build. :eek:

During my testing on two mini 2 phones I noticed the following reproducible minor issue in TWRP (v3.0.2.0):

Code:
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/mncblk0p23 at /data: Device or resource busy
However, despite this warning the ROM was installed always correctly, so this message can be ignored I think.

The only thing which I really miss is the CM11 file manager. It is possible to install as an alternative the Amaze filemanager (from F-Droid not Play Store) but it is around five to six times as large. So it will be great if the lightweight CM11 file manager can be included again. ;)

And regarding the feature development, it would make sense to focus onto the Google Go Apps compatibility. I tested Google Maps Go with Dalvik and ART runtime in conjunction with the Chromium browser (from F-Droid). Google Maps Go runs with ART definitively smoother and is more responsive. I can confirm this behavior also for the SBB mobile (Swiss railway app) and my ebanking software. These two runs far better under ART then Dalvik. Unfortunately there seems the exist an unknown bug regarding the Google Play store and the Google Play services . These two must be uninstalled (with Batch Uninstaller from F-Droid) before any runtime switch to ART can be processed. This error may be related to the special storage fix of the s6500. When I tried to install (under ART runtime) SMS Backup+ (apk from F-Droid) it tells me that no empty space is available and the installation failed. This was strange because there was 1,2 GB free internal and around 247 MB free RAM present. No issues with Dalvik in this context. Maybe during the switching to ART the mini 2 storage fix gets inactive and the old space / partition value of the stock 2.3.6 firmware is re-used again. :confused:

@milada-horakova
The mini 2 is a low low-hardware phone, - so it is almost impossible to use the encryption feature on that device.

Last edited: