[ROM][3.4] Cyanogenmod 11 Stable For Mini 2 [Latest] [Discontinued]

citadelle25

Oct 16, 2019
dont load twrp

hi... i have a problem. i try update rom on samsung GT-S6500D with SD 2GB. I installed TWRP 3.0.2.0. Then change file system to EXT4... and SD is LOST... i tried change to other EXT3, EXT2, FAT, but SD didn't work. After reboot system always rebooting... and i can't enter recovery mode (volume + -, home, on): i see title "Samsung... CYANOGENMOD" at 1 sec and phone reboot... i try reinstall TWRP 3.0.2.0, but didn't helm me. my be you can help me?)

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
hi... i have a problem. i try update rom on samsung GT-S6500D with SD 2GB. I installed TWRP 3.0.2.0. Then change file system to EXT4... and SD is LOST... i tried change to other EXT3, EXT2, FAT, but SD didn't work. After reboot system always rebooting... and i can't enter recovery mode (volume + -, home, on): i see title "Samsung... CYANOGENMOD" at 1 sec and phone reboot... i try reinstall TWRP 3.0.2.0, but didn't helm me. my be you can help me?)
Not the sd card filesystem

The data filesystem need to change to ext4

Just go to twrp and change sdcard filesystem to vfat and then it will work

Last edited:
Reactions: citadelle25

NewMonkey

Jan 20, 2020
Fix?

Hi, guys! I only flash my devices once every few years, so please use simple words. :)

I'd like to put the latest possible android version on an old S6500d (notice the d).

I see the Cyanogenmod based release here, but I can't seem to find the "fix" that Shadow Of Leaf talks about in the instructions (I only see Rom, Gapps & TWRP).
So, why is there a download for TWRP when the instructions only mentions CWM?
Where's the "fix"?
Do I need an ext4 partition for the S6500d model?

I see an OmniRom based one here (with Android 4.4.4! Yeah!), but there's no file for the S6500d (and, apparently, there are some problems).

Any help or hints would be appreciated. :)
Thanks!

EDIT: Just wanna say that I tried with CWM, a fixed updater script, and the linked GApps, and so far everything is working. My sdcard is recognized. I have not yet put my sim card inside though, and haven't conf my google account to test the store. I'll try later.

Last edited:

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
Hi, guys! I only flash my devices once every few years, so please use simple words. :)

I'd like to put the latest possible android version on an old S6500d (notice the d).

I see the Cyanogenmod based release here, but I can't seem to find the "fix" that Shadow Of Leaf talks about in the instructions (I only see Rom, Gapps & TWRP).
So, why is there a download for TWRP when the instructions only mentions CWM?
Where's the "fix"?
Do I need an ext4 partition for the S6500d model?

I see an OmniRom based one here (with Android 4.4.4! Yeah!), but there's no file for the S6500d (and, apparently, there are some problems).

Any help or hints would be appreciated. :)
Thanks!
you have a s6500d so no need for ext 4 partition format

this is the instructions for your model

Install method for s6500d only:
-Download and install TWRP
-Download the rom
-Download google apps
-Copy the rom and gapps to external storage
-Wipe data,cache,format system
-Install the rom and gapps and the fix

- Downloads for S6500d
Rom : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1or...1NiMkqz6xhFG5V
Gapps :https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=95864024717070880
TWRP 3.0.2.0 Odin : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uv...4pnC1JS2B6AKTM

Last edited:
Reactions: mrezak007

NewMonkey

Jan 20, 2020
OK, thanks. But where is the "fix"? And why are you still linking TWRP when you say that I should use CWM?
Also, I had to update a script because my S6500d wasn't recognized as such.

Anyway, thanks for your work. :) I'll test a few things later!

(And as I said in my edit, everything seems to be working. ;) Btw, my sdcard wasn't recognized with TWRP.)

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Help!
I had to reinstall because the wi-fi was disabled somehow, impossible to add a network or anything.
Now, I can see my wi-fi network, but I can't write the password because there's no keyboard!
There's no KEYBOARD anywhere...
I can't test the OmniRom release because there's no file for the S6500d...
Don't tell me I'll have to try an older mod, please. I really want to make this one work!

Last edited:

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
OK, thanks. But where is the "fix"? And why are you still linking TWRP when you say that I should use CWM?

(And as I said in my edit, everything seems to be working. ;) Btw, my sdcard wasn't recognized with TWRP.)

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Help!
I had to reinstall because the wi-fi was disabled somehow, impossible to add a network or anything.
Now, I can see my wi-fi network, but I can't write the password because there's no keyboard!
Don't tell me I'll have to try an older mod, please. I really want to make this one work!
just relax ...just boot into recovery and ...then on pc download google keyboard apk from apk mirror ..search in google ..put apk on memory of phone with usb cable from pc or on sd card ..reboot system ... . .click on keyboard apk and install ..then add your wifi password as normal ..

or using recovery install direct by using file browser in advanced options to put the apk in

/system/apps

Last edited:
Reactions: NewMonkey

NewMonkey

Jan 20, 2020
just relax ...just boot into recovery and ...then on pc download google keyboard apk from apk mirror ..search in google ..put apk on memory of phone with usb cable from pc or on sd card ..reboot system ... . .click on keyboard apk and install ..then add your wifi password as normal ..

or using recovery install direct by using file browser in advanced options to put the apk in

/system/apps
Wait! Is this the normal behavior of this release?! Because I just tested CM10.1 from Malpa73 and everything works fine.
Well, thanks anyway. I'll download a keyboard, but I'm not sure I'll put much more effort into it. Isn't a keyboard a pretty basic component?

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Wait! Is this the normal behavior of this release?! Because I just tested CM10.1 from Malpa73 and everything works fine.
Well, thanks anyway. I'll download a keyboard, but I'm not sure I'll put much more effort into it. Isn't a keyboard a pretty basic component?
this phone is very old and the size of system is small ..dev tries to limit what apication is preinstalled to prevent system running out of space ...if you install it in userspace it is better ..better for battery management ..to control permission and for space ..

amtway .. technically it is your fault ..since if you chose complete gapps package .. keyboard would be included ..but you chose the small gapps package ..so it didn't come with keyboard

as for cm10 and so on i can't say ..every developer has a different way to do things ..even if it's Cm or OmniRom or not ..but trust me .. applications are better in userspace for permissions/ battery control and space requirements ..also then you can choose whichever keyboard you prefer ..i suggest a small one that is basic but doesn't ask too many permissions or steals your data or uses battery etc ..

it's not such a bad thing ..but yeah maybe in OP they can warn users to save a keyboard on the sd card before flashing this rom

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca

Help!
it is my bad

it is twrp not cwm just a mistake
about the keyboard jut reflash the rom it will work as charm

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Just flashed this ROM and everything works as described except white screen on power off. I have S6500D model. Same issue with TWRP.

Edit: Also no permission for internal storage! Can't navigate or download files to sdcard0.