-Install gapps
-Enjoy

- Downloads for S6500
Rom V2:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-A2KadQCyRqxQqSuy_bFeL1ALxPd8t99/view
Gapps :https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=23610159112653717
TWRP 3.0.2.0 Odin : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TU...v_m0MfaaxWtspr

- Downloads for S6500d
Very Soon

For the S6500 Install Video , this is the Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACLEn63Nvi8&feature=youtu.be

Credits :
-TheWhisp
-erikcas
-Konstat For some patches
-Samsung
-bleached for some motivation
-lorn10 "special thanks for you"

if you consider Donating thanks​

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][3.4] Omnirom 4.4.4 Stable For Mini 2, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Mini

Contributors
Shadow Of Leaf
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-08-20
Last Updated 2018-08-20

Last edited:

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Changelog and Screenshot

Changelog
-V1 20-08-2018 : Initial Version
-V2 04/10/2019 : Fix the call Hang bug (i guess cause sim card slot doesnt recognize my simcard hardware failure so test and report) and some optimisations
***NOTE*** to USE Omnirom 4.4.4 with art and GAPPS you need a supported gapps packages this is a link for gapps working on art http://www.mediafire.com/file/typy3b6nq94r48f/GApps_Light_4.4.x_signed.zip/file

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-20-21-43-54.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-20-21-43-54.png
    48 KB · Views: 1,088
  • Screenshot_2018-08-20-21-44-33.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-20-21-44-33.png
    91 KB · Views: 1,087
  • Screenshot_2018-08-20-21-44-10.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-20-21-44-10.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,071
Last edited:

aficionadodesu

Aug 29, 2018
Hello.
First, thank you very much. It is working really fine.
But I have a problem, I can not receive calls. I can make calls, but when someone calls my number, my phone does nothing. It is working with cm11. I've tried several sim cards, from different companies, none worked. I've looked for usual solutions, but no luck.
It is a shame,becasuuse this is working much better tahn cm11. Do you think there is something I can do?
Thanks again.

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Hello.
First, thank you very much. It is working really fine.
But I have a problem, I can not receive calls. I can make calls, but when someone calls my number, my phone does nothing. It is working with cm11. I've tried several sim cards, from different companies, none worked. I've looked for usual solutions, but no luck.
It is a shame,becasuuse this is working much better tahn cm11. Do you think there is something I can do?
Thanks again.

Thanks for reporting
It will be fixed soon
And build for s6500d also

Stay tune

Last edited:

qaddory

Mar 4, 2019
hi , can i use this ROM for GT-S5570i ??
if not, could you please creat one for GT-S5570i

lorn10

Oct 31, 2015
This is really AWESOME work Shadow Of Leaf! Many thanks for this great mini 2 Omnirom 4.4.4. :eek: :good:

I didn't know that you are still developing for the mini 2. I have discovered this latest KitKat rom just some time ago. It works in almost every regard better then all the previous CM11 builds. It is again somewhat more fluent (speedy) and is out of mine view less laggy when comparing with the previous builds.

However, - as already mentioned there is only one grave issue present. I also don't receive any calls. :confused:
I think the problem is located in the mobile network setting or a different mobile network driver. As network type UMTS is showed, - all the previous KitKat builds showed (in my case) HSPA or something else but never UMTS. I tried to enforce "2G/3G Preferred" and "2G/3G Auto" but they wouldn't be accepted. It was possible to set the Network to "3G Only" and "2G Only" but the call receiving still doesen't work.

Furthermore when I make a call and want to hang it up, - I can push the red hang up tab but the call will not be terminated. So the call is still open but it is not visible (at the phone) that the call is still active.

As mentioned in some other threads, - my mini 2 has baseband version S6500XXMD1.

Whatever, - you may fix this in a future update. ;) It would be great if you can include one brighter background file, - the two standard one are quite some dark.

Yes, and yours TWRP 3.0.2.0 works absolutely stable. Much better than the previous TWRP version. ;)

Will send you for all this work a litte donation. Kind regards,

lorn10

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
This is really AWESOME work Shadow Of Leaf! Many thanks for this great mini 2 Omnirom 4.4.4. :eek: :good:

I didn't know that you are still developing for the mini 2. I have discovered this latest KitKat rom just some time ago. It works in almost every regard better then all the previous CM11 builds. It is again somewhat more fluent (speedy) and is out of mine view less laggy when comparing with the previous builds.

However, - as already mentioned there is only one grave issue present. I also don't receive any calls. :confused:
I think the problem is located in the mobile network setting or a different mobile network driver. As network type UMTS is showed, - all the previous KitKat builds showed (in my case) HSPA or something else but never UMTS. I tried to enforce "2G/3G Preferred" and "2G/3G Auto" but they wouldn't be accepted. It was possible to set the Network to "3G Only" and "2G Only" but the call receiving still doesen't work.

Furthermore when I make a call and want to hang it up, - I can push the red hang up tab but the call will not be terminated. So the call is still open but it is not visible (at the phone) that the call is still active.

As mentioned in some other threads, - my mini 2 has baseband version S6500XXMD1.

Whatever, - you may fix this in a future update. ;) It would be great if you can include one brighter background file, - the two standard one are quite some dark.

Yes, and yours TWRP 3.0.2.0 works absolutely stable. Much better than the previous TWRP version. ;)

lorn10

Hello

Thanks for your amazing work

i upload a new version that possibly fix call hang problem so test and report

and about ART problems i think the GAPPS is the issue so i left a ART supported GAPPS in the changelog

Reactions: lorn10

lorn10

Oct 31, 2015
Many thanks @Shadow Of Leaf for that new release. :good:

Unfortunately the link regarding the new build seems not correct, it points to the previous "omni-4.4.4-20180817-jena-HOMEMADE" release. Also the internal build date seems the same. Or has the new build the same name like the old one? :confused:

If yes then it would make sense to add a V2 to the filename.;)

Regards
lorn10

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Many thanks @Shadow Of Leaf for that new release. :good:

Unfortunately the link regarding the new build seems not correct, it points to the previous "omni-4.4.4-20180817-jena-HOMEMADE" release. Also the internal build date seems the same. Or has the new build the same name like the old one? :confused:

If yes then it would make sense to add a V2 to the filename.;)

Regards
lorn10

You Welcome

yes the name and build of V1 and V2 are the Same because i didn't build a new one

it is the old version with bugs fixed (i think)

you try it ???

lorn10

Oct 31, 2015
Hi there Shadow Of Leaf

Thanks for the fast replay. Unfortunately the "hang on" issue is still the same like on the V1 build. It is not possible to hang up the call, - it stays open in the background.

The overall performance is really nice for that old phone hardware, - especially when the ART runtime is used. ;) It feels a little bit better then CM11. And with Open Launcher v37 (v40 runs less fluid) the phone UI is looking more modern. Because of the smaller screen size, Open Launcher has to be adjusted somewhat. For everyone who want's to try it, I have uploaded in the attachment a v37 mini 2 config file. (I get the Open Launcher package from that side: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.benny.openlauncher/)

Unfortunately Android ART works only stable with certain really old GAPPS packages. The problems starts when these are updated automatically, the Google Apps stop working and are crashing randomly. I hoped that this problem is CM11 related, but Omni ROM 4.4.4 has the same issues. So this is most likely a fundamental problem of KitKat. It seems that Google has not designed the newer GAPPS packages Android "KitKat ART" compliant. :confused: In conjunction with ART, they may work properly only on "Lollipop ART" and above.

However, if I remember me right, I have read sometime something about these KitKat ART limitations. That may be a strange idea, but is it possible to "back-port" certain portions of Lollipop ART, like in the ART dex2oat tool, into KitKat? https://source.android.com/devices/tech/dalvik Well, maybe it's possible but the effort would be far too big... ;)

Kind regards
lorn10

Attachments

• openlauncherV37mini2.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 28

lorn10

Oct 31, 2015
Here follows a short addition, - I have found an interesting XDA topic regarding KitKat ART vs. Lollipop ART. There is discussed the theoretical possibility to use the Lollipop "libart.so" in KitKat: https://xdaforums.com/android/help/using-libart-android-l-kitkat-t2805745

Well, as assumed by me, this will be a BIG project. It's not so simple how it looks, the KitKat "libart.so" can't be just replaced with the Lollipop version. :( This concept to backport certain portions of a newer ART runtime back to KitKat is more a theoretical possibility, - not practical. A Backport of a "Android Go" version for the mini 2 would be more realistic then that... ;):D

Last edited:

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Here follows a short addition, - I have found an interesting XDA topic regarding KitKat ART vs. Lollipop ART. There is discussed the theoretical possibility to use the Lollipop "libart.so" in KitKat: https://xdaforums.com/android/help/using-libart-android-l-kitkat-t2805745

Well, as assumed by me, this will be a BIG project. It's not so simple how it looks, the KitKat "libart.so" can't be just replaced with the Lollipop version. :( This concept to backport certain portions of a newer ART runtime back to KitKat is more a theoretical possibility, - not practical. A Backport of a "Android Go" version for the mini 2 would be more realistic then that... ;):D

sorry for the bad news

i think that i fix the hang on call bug but it seems sophisticated one

i will try to to build a new version for s6500 and for s6500d also ( i don't how im gonna test it out, cause my sim card place in the phone seems to be broken)

for the ART i think in kitkat is just a preview for developers to test it out , not like lollipop is seems stable to use it

for the theory i think its possible but it need a lot of work and could not work (lollipop and kitkat are not alike so it well be a miracle if it work)

weskerty

Apr 4, 2019
years late. but ... I have the S6500T version, all rom that I install fails to start
the apps are updated, but when it reaches the home screen the message "shutting down" appears even though the rom has started normally

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

omnirom-810x298_c.png

Omnirom 4.4.4 FOR MINI2

First i want to thank @TheWhisp for his sources
    this is Android Omnirom for s6500 and s6500d

- What not Working
    Camcorder
    NFC(S6500 only)

- What Working :
    Everthing

Install method for s6500d only:
    -Download and install CWM 6.0.5.1
    -Download the rom
    -Download google apps
    -Copy the rom and gapps to external storage
    -Wipe data,cache,format system
    -Install the rom and gapps and the fix
    -enjoy

Install method for s6500 only: plz follow the instructions
    Im not responsable for any damaged phone so do it on your own risk
    -install twrp and reboot in recovery
    - go to wipe and Advanced wipe and then wipe cache , system
    -in advanced wipe choose data and go to repair or change file system
    - go to change file system and choose EXT4
    -Install the Rom
    -Reboot recovery
    -Install gapps
    -Enjoy

- Downloads for S6500
    Rom V2:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-A2KadQCyRqxQqSuy_bFeL1ALxPd8t99/view
    Gapps :https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=23610159112653717
    TWRP 3.0.2.0 Odin : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TU...v_m0MfaaxWtspr

- Downloads for S6500d
    Very Soon

For the S6500 Install Video , this is the Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACLEn63Nvi8&feature=youtu.be

Credits :
    -TheWhisp
    -erikcas
    -Konstat For some patches
    -Samsung
    -bleached for some motivation
    -lorn10 "special thanks for you"

if you consider Donating thanks​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][3.4] Omnirom 4.4.4 Stable For Mini 2, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Mini

Contributors
    Shadow Of Leaf
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-08-20
    Last Updated 2018-08-20
    Changelog and Screenshot

Changelog
    -V1 20-08-2018 : Initial Version
    -V2 04/10/2019 : Fix the call Hang bug (i guess cause sim card slot doesnt recognize my simcard hardware failure so test and report) and some optimisations
    ***NOTE*** to USE Omnirom 4.4.4 with art and GAPPS you need a supported gapps packages this is a link for gapps working on art http://www.mediafire.com/file/typy3b6nq94r48f/GApps_Light_4.4.x_signed.zip/file

lorn10

Hello

Thanks for your amazing work

i upload a new version that possibly fix call hang problem so test and report

and about ART problems i think the GAPPS is the issue so i left a ART supported GAPPS in the changelog