[ROM]31/05/10 - TeamVillain Presents: VillainROM 6.2 (Sense, Fast, 2.1, Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vido.ardes

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
UK
When is it coming for UK..? And do we need to be 1.5 ROM. Coz I have an Orange branded phone and currently running V6.2 in it.. And I am in India..? Do I need to go back to 1.5..?

I know thats hell lot of questions, Sorry

a) No one knows
b) Not if you want to keep root, stay with a custom ROM, VillainROM will be updated to use it.

a) No one knows
b) Not if you want to keep root, stay with a custom ROM, VillainROM will be updated to use it.

Hmm. Thanks for the info. Will go accordingly.

The only thing I am missing in these custom ROMs is MS Exchange Support to My company mails. None of the ROMs could handle that issue (security issue)till now. Even if I use market enabler and try to buy n install some paid apps, then Google checkout wont let me buy that app as I have an Indian card:( So was just hoping that thing get sorted out in Official RUU and hence the urgency

avseq

Jan 18, 2008
Kathmandu
Google Pixel 6 Pro
got serious problem fellas

i did a ota update from villian rom this morning...official final htc radio.gsm. and i have gsm hero running 6.2
now my phone is network locked..what shall i do?:mad:

Last edited:

keridel

Jan 8, 2009
portsmouth
ROM]31/05/10 - TeamVillain Presents: VillainROM 6.2 (Sense, Fast, 2.1, Complete!)

Noob question will this allow me to use my Orange UK hero with o2 sim ?

-------------------------------------
Sent from my HTC Desire

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
i did a ota update from villian rom this morning...official final htc radio.gsm. and i have gsm hero running 6.2
now my phone is network locked..what shall i do?:mad:

Hi mate, there's an issue with some OrangeUK users with older SIMs.

It works for everyone else, but lenny had this issue. You can get the old radios from www.villainrom.co.uk/radio/

Or check out the thread here about Orange UK users with new radio.

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
Hmm. Thanks for the info. Will go accordingly.

The only thing I am missing in these custom ROMs is MS Exchange Support to My company mails. None of the ROMs could handle that issue (security issue)till now. Even if I use market enabler and try to buy n install some paid apps, then Google checkout wont let me buy that app as I have an Indian card:( So was just hoping that thing get sorted out in Official RUU and hence the urgency

I use exchange all the time with villainrom 6.2.1

it's easy. in my case I can use the real exchange server (servername.domainname.com/net/whatever) and I leave the specific domain name field blank. enter my login and password (nothign fancy here, don't even need to put loginname/domainname) and voila it works.

but I also tried using the webserver for the domain name with everything else the same and guess what? it works! webmail.companyname.com or whatever, if your exchange webmail is setup. so now I don't even need to be logged into our company wifi security using true exchange protocol to get my work email/calendars/directory, I get it all even when I'm at home or on the road.

amaznig stuff. works perfectly. I suspect your issue is either configuration trouble (it's nonstandard, try what I suggested) or a server issue with your work exchange setup being misconfigured or possibly an unusual version that doesn't talk nicely to our exchange client in android?

gugi_sat

Dec 1, 2004
deals4today.co.uk
HI

Any idea when we gona get the next version may be version 7 with official 2.1 ROM for our Villain ROM?

developers please advise....

Thank you for your support...

McKriss

May 5, 2010
Thessaloniki
www.myspace.com
Villain 10th is available already. No full multilingual support, but at least proper keyboards. Also, it's got a real big Facebook bug, so I'mwaiting for that ota update.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

thingsb

Jun 1, 2010
Re: [ROM]31/05/10 - TeamVillain Presents: VillainROM 6.2

It is suck.very very slow.I never seen Rom like this..
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

jankhner

May 30, 2010
6.2. was very very slow at first but after couple of reboots it's one of the fastest i've tried. Very good!

mcrosmar

Feb 10, 2010
Athens
Re:

I'm very happy with 6.2. I'll wait the EU version.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

Status
Not open for further replies.