• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[ROM] [32A & 32B] [30-Jan-2010] RAv1.6.3 - DONUT

Wysie

Jul 4, 2009
Hi, previously on my stock rooted ROM, when I make a call to someone the phone will vibrate when someone picks it up. However I don't get that anymore with this Rom . Anyway to have that back?

funfobia

Dec 4, 2006
Hi, previously on my stock rooted ROM, when I make a call to someone the phone will vibrate when someone picks it up. However I don't get that anymore with this Rom . Anyway to have that back?
This ROM is original Android image which not support vibrate once person who call pick up the phone, only HTC image support that.

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
I have ported the Manup blue theme from dude's G1 rom for this.

I will post it in the themes section if anyone is interested. Unfortunately I was unable to create a template and thus its a full update. It has the Latest Cyanogen launcher so has 5 home screens and more apps in drawer.

It is definitely works in progress. There's a few things i have to change but the wife is hassling me to pay her some attention....soon....

P

PsyDuck

A few glitches found so far...

- Can't get "My location", in google maps, to work using Mobile networks
- Can't set the Voicemail number.
- Missing H (for HDSPA) as someone mentioned earlier

Besides these issues it's a superb ROM.

Amon_RA

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 2, 2009
Updated to RAv1.1.0 :

• Replaced default launcher by Cyanogen's launcher (5 homescreens + auto-rotation)
  • odex optimization + dex stripping
  • added Quickoffice, PDFViewer

neuro159

Aug 6, 2007
International input on HTC keyboard

Looks like HTC_IME.apk contains all the stuff inside if it, but there's no /system/customize/CID/default.xml to alter inside of rom.

Is there any way to somehow enable menu items for other languages in HTC keyboard options in this (ION) build?

Anybody knows how /system/customize/*.xml files work in HTC-branded builds? They seem to be read once on first run after update but I don't know by which app and where these options go.

Wysie

Jul 4, 2009
Thanks for the update! I know I've asked once, but are you planning to include the CRC1 (OTA update) fixes?

Also, is there anyway to change how the phone numbers display on my phone? I'm not used to having the dashes after every 3 numbers :(.

Update:
cytown has released a modified Phone.apk that will vibrate the phone when someone has answered your call. I've loaded it and it's working well so far. The link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=539752

Last edited:
Reactions: epsix

Wysie

Jul 4, 2009
xyzulu: Yes. I've updated twice already, from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1, and then from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 :). Everything works perfect except for the Touch Input for me, but that's only because I'm using the Chinese IME :).

pasor1

Feb 14, 2008
I'm not a fan of the Hero ported ROM, so this is a great ROM !
I hope you will add other languages than English ;-) ... or post a method to add languages manually

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
i have updated the ported manup theme- template DL only now. screenshots etc in theme forum. now with black statusbar and white notification text....for version 1.1.0

jfive74

Apr 15, 2008
can the 5 home screen launcher, spare parts, etc be added to a stock but rooted rogers rom? And how can i change the audio settings, find them low. Nice rom though, smooth and fast.

funfobia

Dec 4, 2006
wow Amon_RA you did a great job here, it's time to dish Hero which has faulty bluetooth and move to 1.1.0H (eventhough i will miss some widget and album app on Hero though)

cheer!

Wysie

Jul 4, 2009
jfive74: I'd suggest you start a separate topic, but to answer your question:

1. I've tried adding a Launcher.apk from FunBacon's thread before but it didn't work. On a stock ROM I believe it's named HTCLauncher.apk. You can try it for yourself by following this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=507244 and using Launcher.apk from CyanogenMod.

2. I remember downloading Spare Parts from the Market before.

3. Louder Volume Hack: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=517745

Hope it helps. Sorry to go OT.

jfive74

Apr 15, 2008
jfive74: I'd suggest you start a separate topic, but to answer your question:

1. I've tried adding a Launcher.apk from FunBacon's thread before but it didn't work. On a stock ROM I believe it's named HTCLauncher.apk. You can try it for yourself by following this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=507244 and using Launcher.apk from CyanogenMod.

2. I remember downloading Spare Parts from the Market before.

3. Louder Volume Hack: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=517745

Hope it helps. Sorry to go OT.
I have searched and did find. But no success. Since this is based on standard ion Rom thought someone would know a way. But thanks for the help.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone