[Rom 4.0.1] NOV 27 GALNET MiUI ice cream sandwich 2.11.26 UPDATED {MOST BUGS FIXED}

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOSTLOGIC89

Nov 8, 2010
Casablanca
www.logicroms.com
This is basicly the same as miui, but based on ics framework, which make it faster and better.
I wanted to bring you this good news XD

From Galnet:
Galnet MIUI ICS is our experimental builds for the Ice Cream Sandwich framework being introduced into MIUI. These builds don’t look any different, however they do come with some of the ICS benefits such as power management and ram management.
Changelog for 2.11.26 :
Network Modifications:
•Corrected Signal Strength Readings in Status
•Improved network power consumption

Framework Modifications:
•Implemented ICS sensor management
•Improved power consumption whilst sleeping
•Correctly implemented debugging settings via ADB
•Fixed issues with Tethering cutting out mid way through large transfers
•HW Acceleration Included (Browser, Video, Games etc)
•Android Market (Scroll via images leading to FC fixed)
•Improvement in Galnet Video Player playback

UI Improvements
•Implemented Extended Settings
•Implemented 4 Way Reboot
•Added ICS lockscreen to default theme
•Added ICS transaction effects
•Improved Sharpness and Display quality on I9000 and I9100 builds
•Added ICS Keyboard with Vibration Settings

OTHER INFORMATION
•The battery calibration will kick in straight away once flashing this rom, therefore you will find that the battery drains quicker than before. Please allow it to drain to around 5% before recharging fully back to 100% for the perfect calibration.
•Updater may FC on first boot, don’t worry about it, as it will work correctly once this occurs.
•Phone call recording (This is something that we won’t support due to legal issues within the UK, please don’t expect it).

Credit to galnet and all who participated

Last edited by a moderator:

Xanaki

Oct 20, 2010
I flashed this yesterday, pretty stable and everything seems to work. There are a few things people should be aware of.

1. There is no voice control
2. If you synch your FB contacts you need to go into the FB app and tell it to synch
3. The battery life is so so
4. Make sure that you do a factory restset, clear cache partition, and clear dalvik before flashing.

Other than those things, this is a really nice ROM, very slick, very fast, and seems to be stable.

Last edited:
Reactions: cata1693 and yobbei

Xanaki

Oct 20, 2010
Questions: Which Kernel to use and does external SD mount correctly?

Also does the ICS hardware acceleration work here?
Honestly Im not sure what Kernel he's using but this is the info

2.6.35.12-gdf10700
[email protected] #1

Don't know if that helps any, I was wondering myself if there are any other compatible Kernels that may help with battery life

bunnsguy

Aug 25, 2010
Georgia
Say I was on (rooted, custom rom Paragon 6) 2.2, I could just stick it on the card and flash over or must I flash a cm7 kernel and then flash rom over that?

Last edited:

Ashyford

Dec 19, 2010
Questions: Which Kernel to use and does external SD mount correctly?
I'm using Glitch v13.

I would also mention that the extended power menu is missing (i.e. long pressing the power button will not give the user the option to go into recovery).

Last edited:

Xanaki

Oct 20, 2010
When I click download on that page nothing ever happens. This is on my captivate.
Here I had it downloaded to my computer and thought it might help everyone thats having an issue getting it. I also went to Galnet to try to get it but there must be something wrong with his downloads, its funny cause it worked yesterday when I downloaded

http://www.multiupload.com/QYNV8ZGAFH

Xanaki

Oct 20, 2010
BTW I know someone asked but I believe you need to be on GB bootloaders in order to flash this ROM, so if you have 2.2 or below find the instructions for getting the GB bootloaders before flashing this ROM or you just might brick.

gemuse

Feb 7, 2011
Colorado
BTW I know someone asked but I believe you need to be on GB bootloaders in order to flash this ROM, so if you have 2.2 or below find the instructions for getting the GB bootloaders before flashing this ROM or you just might brick.
Soft brick. Flashing back to stock works after bricking into Galnet MIUI.

Also, OP, do you have anything to do with the Galnet project, or just providing a link?

panda703

Jun 22, 2010
I'm pretty shocked how smooth this Rom is. I do really like the look and feel to everything. Will report more later once I get to play with it

EDIT: Flashed from Illuminance 2.1 with no problems so far

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.