[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (SGS3) - Clean, Simple & Fast (63MB)

Search This thread

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
slimnewlogo.png
Slim for I9300 is here. Apascual89 is my main tester and the one who owns I9300. He does all the testing and has been running this for 4 days.

Thanks to CM9 team again for device/vendor folders.

IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WITHOUT LINK TO SOURCE/COMMIT WILL BE IGNORED.

Key features:
  • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
  • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
  • ROM - 63MB
  • Slim Common - 20MB
  • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
  • Lightning Launcher
  • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
  • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
  • Siyah's kernel for now (until i compile my own from sources) - thanks gokhanmoral.
What Works:

• Almost Everything for daily use, BT issue same as CM9 and any other CM9 issue.
  • For detailed list check this post by apascual89
Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .

Last edited:

schiphol

Apr 3, 2007
AMS
I can't try it yet as I need my phone for daily use, but obviously this will be my goto Rom once it has matured a little. Sorry for being such a mooch and thank you for your time effort, you're the best!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

apascual89

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I can't try it yet as I need my phone for daily use, but obviously this will be my goto Rom once it has matured a little. Sorry for being such a mooch and thank you for your time effort, you're the best!

I've been using as my daily for about five days. This is definitely stable for daily use.

The only thing that doesn't work is bluetooth phone calls.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

apascual89

Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I At the time of the first release for Slim ICS GS3 I9300:

What Works:

-Calls
-Data
-Wifi
-GPS
-Bluetooth media streaming
-NFC
-Wifi Hotspot
-Bluetooth & USB tethering
-Wifi Direct
-Camera

What doesn't work:

-Bluetooth phone calls
-Camera(yes I know it's on both lists) It will crash under some circumstances. A reboot will get it working again.

Please report back any issues and if confirmed they will be added

I will update this post as needed.

Last edited:

schiphol

Apr 3, 2007
AMS
I've been using as my daily for about five days. This is definitely stable for daily use.

The only thing that doesn't work is bluetooth phone calls.

Oh thank you, I really wasn't suggesting otherwise :). I'll try it now, could you maybe comment a little on battery life? I'm getting insanely good battery life on stock, well compared to my previous Htc one X, of almost 6 hours screen-on time + (!!) 24 hrs standby on wifi. I know, I ought to just try, still it might be interesting to mention something about that in your previous post mentioned in op.

Reactions: apascual89

apascual89

Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Oh thank you, I really wasn't suggesting otherwise :). I'll try it now, could you maybe comment a little on battery life? I'm getting insanely good battery life on stock, well compared to my previous Htc one X, of almost 6 hours screen-on time + (!!) 24 hrs standby on wifi. I know, I ought to just try, still it might be interesting to mention something about that in your previous post mentioned in op.

No problem, flash it and you'll see :)

Battery life is extremely good, sorry I can't really give concrete numbers. I've been flashing test builds so I have to give it a couple of cycles to measure accurately.

What I can say is that it sleeps like a baby and no abnormal drain in the battery.

apascual89

Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hey just wanted to know do I flash my kernel after the rom has booted up....like through mobile Odin...or do I flash it when flashing the rom??

Either one should be fine. I would wait until after first boot though.

The kernel that comes with the rom is what we will support here. What kernel are you planning on flashing?

Last edited:
Reactions: alewis2k12

B34R_85

Aug 11, 2010
I used to use your ROm on my S1. I thought that i would not feel this amazing ROM on my S3. :crying:
Butt.... :victory: Now i'm happy to know that you are here...
Flashing time...

alewis2k12

Dec 26, 2011
Mississippi Gulf Coast...
Either one should be fine. I would wait until after first boot though.

The kernel that comes with the rom is what we will support here. What kernel are you planning on flashing?

Maybe siyah to over clock...

Edit just on pc to see it's already there...sorry lol..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    Slim for I9300 is here. Apascual89 is my main tester and the one who owns I9300. He does all the testing and has been running this for 4 days.

Thanks to CM9 team again for device/vendor folders.

IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WITHOUT LINK TO SOURCE/COMMIT WILL BE IGNORED.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 63MB
    • Slim Common - 20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    • Siyah's kernel for now (until i compile my own from sources) - thanks gokhanmoral.
    What Works:

• Almost Everything for daily use, BT issue same as CM9 and any other CM9 issue.
    • For detailed list check this post by apascual89
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    Great ROM! Using it with the N.E.A.K kernel 1.1 and it works flawless! Keep up the good work :good:

Got one question: while using the video-camera you can choose between effects like 'Big Head' or 'Big Eyes' or 'Squeezed Head' etc.
    As soon as I select one of those effects the camera-app crashes... is this normal? Did anyone succeed in using them?

flash face unlock zip, d/l via ota app.

@ all: I haven't stopped working on this. Focus is on JB and i got stable builds for Galaxy Nexus ( one of the 3 devices i own, Gnex is my primary). Currently, sgs is getting very close ( booted with major functionality working). i will then look into slim bean for sgs3, need the device specific changes from cm though. just an update. cheers
    Installation:
    Go to d/l page, download I9300_x.x.zip, slim common.zip, Enter cwm, full wipe and format /system in mounts and storage, flash I9300_x.x.zip then slim_common.zip reboot.

Video by TotallyDubbedHD - Thanks

This is only a repacked/recompiled slimmed and little bit modified AOKP rom... and AOKP is updated with fixes and to last milestone 6... and here is nothing happen...

Its not build from scratch or sth, only benefit of this rom is, its slim and thats it:)

Ive moved to aokp, its exactly same rom, if you change dpi to 240:) but there is working camera and hd voice...

Thank you 4 your work,

Cheers :)

You obviously don't understand how things work. Try compiling from AOSP source for a device other than google supported devices. It would be so much easier to sync to CM or AOKp repo's but i don't do that and i don't need to explain to you how much work is involved in this. Learn to appreciate people putting in real effort if you can't do it yourself.
    One more.....