[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (SGS3) - Clean, Simple & Fast (63MB)

Search This thread

MaZaGnGy

Sep 5, 2010
after installing i lose the root
i flash the rom 3 times followed the TUT in the OP and every time i got no root so wt i can do :(

galeej

Oct 6, 2011
Melbourne
www.theinfectedmind.com
No pictures in gallery

Hi Gurus,

I recently installed this ROM today on my new SG3 and I took a picture with camera app to check the image quality.However, I found that after taking the picture I was not able to view it in gallery or anywhere else..I check the internal and external SD card and the image I took is not stored in any of the DCIM folders. Can someone pls help me???

pGuerrerox

Jun 28, 2012
It would be really cool if Krarvind released a last version of the Slim ICS.
Just to close the chapter of ICS with a Slim ICS Stable Version just like CyanogenMod did with CM9, pls

there are many SlimRoms users that are still on ICS until JellyBean becomes more stable and usable.....

if this is not possible, just tell me how to fix the camera FC.

Last edited:

Droidphilev

It would be really cool if Krarvind released a last version of the Slim ICS.
Just to close the chapter of ICS with a Slim ICS Stable Version just like CyanogenMod did with CM9, pls

there are many SlimRoms users that are still on ICS until JellyBean becomes more stable and usable.....

if this is not possible, just tell me how to fix the camera FC.

+1

i'm having also problems with wifi timing out

_polimorph_

Jan 23, 2012
Jibou, Transilvania
krarvind, I'm a newbie porter and I want to include in my MIUI JellyBean rom the galaxy s3 device settings (from codeworkx's repo?). Some users told me you're the right man to ask for a how to. Can you please help me?

xAyla

Sep 20, 2010
Hello there, i'm back to this rom cause SlimBean is missing the power management settings i need, but i got a problem.

On SlimBean i felt in love with the Spectrum Live Wallpaper, but when i try to set it in SlimICS, the background turns black and reset to the default wallpaper.

I tryed to install it back by unzipping SlimICS and SlimBean but i get errors when i try to install it.

PS : All downloaded Live Wallpapers works but the 3 original one you got from SlimICS installation.

If someone got any clue, thanks in advance.

Ayla.

NeoCream

Apr 20, 2011
Zürich
I'm currently running SlimICS 4.2 with Siyah 1.5.3
I would like to disable the backlight buttons of the device. How can I do this? Unfortunately, there is no such options within the NSTool nor in the System/ROM Configurations.

Sidenote: The OTA tools seems not to be working :confused:

This message was created by the Mars rover Curiosity using a pre-alpha version of the SGS4

Semi-noob

Jul 21, 2012
Hanoi
I'm currently running SlimICS 4.2 with Siyah 1.5.3
I would like to disable the backlight buttons of the device. How can I do this? Unfortunately, there is no such options within the NSTool nor in the System/ROM Configurations.

Sidenote: The OTA tools seems not to be working :confused:

This message was created by the Mars rover Curiosity using a pre-alpha version of the SGS4

Did you mean backlights? They can be disabled in SGS III settings.
And if you meant to disable backlights buttons, you can follow this:
- use Root explorer, mount r/w, go to system -> usr -> keylayout and edit the sectouchkey.kl ; add whatever character (# for example) at the begining of each two lines. Save and quit, reboot and voila!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

marko_serb

Apr 13, 2007
Hi guys! Does anybody have this ROM? I'm in a search for the lightest S3 ROM there is without google stuff for Skype lite and an email client (all other suggestions are welcome).
Thanks!

Last edited:

Hamx5

Aug 28, 2015
Hi guys! Does anybody have this ROM? I'm in a search for the lightest S3 ROM there is without google stuff for Skype lite and an email client (all other suggestions are welcome).
Thanks!
I suggest not to use this ROM because it misses all android security patches, so it's not secure, also there is very small support by apps for android ICS. If you wanna stability and speed try 4.4 touchwiz based roms you can find in galaxy s3 android developement threads.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    Slim for I9300 is here. Apascual89 is my main tester and the one who owns I9300. He does all the testing and has been running this for 4 days.

Thanks to CM9 team again for device/vendor folders.

IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WITHOUT LINK TO SOURCE/COMMIT WILL BE IGNORED.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 63MB
    • Slim Common - 20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    • Siyah's kernel for now (until i compile my own from sources) - thanks gokhanmoral.
    What Works:

• Almost Everything for daily use, BT issue same as CM9 and any other CM9 issue.
    • For detailed list check this post by apascual89
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    Great ROM! Using it with the N.E.A.K kernel 1.1 and it works flawless! Keep up the good work :good:

Got one question: while using the video-camera you can choose between effects like 'Big Head' or 'Big Eyes' or 'Squeezed Head' etc.
    As soon as I select one of those effects the camera-app crashes... is this normal? Did anyone succeed in using them?

flash face unlock zip, d/l via ota app.

@ all: I haven't stopped working on this. Focus is on JB and i got stable builds for Galaxy Nexus ( one of the 3 devices i own, Gnex is my primary). Currently, sgs is getting very close ( booted with major functionality working). i will then look into slim bean for sgs3, need the device specific changes from cm though. just an update. cheers
    Installation:
    Go to d/l page, download I9300_x.x.zip, slim common.zip, Enter cwm, full wipe and format /system in mounts and storage, flash I9300_x.x.zip then slim_common.zip reboot.

Video by TotallyDubbedHD - Thanks

This is only a repacked/recompiled slimmed and little bit modified AOKP rom... and AOKP is updated with fixes and to last milestone 6... and here is nothing happen...

Its not build from scratch or sth, only benefit of this rom is, its slim and thats it:)

Ive moved to aokp, its exactly same rom, if you change dpi to 240:) but there is working camera and hd voice...

Thank you 4 your work,

Cheers :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

You obviously don't understand how things work. Try compiling from AOSP source for a device other than google supported devices. It would be so much easier to sync to CM or AOKp repo's but i don't do that and i don't need to explain to you how much work is involved in this. Learn to appreciate people putting in real effort if you can't do it yourself.
    One more.....