[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

joe98200

Sep 21, 2010
Inland Empire, CA
ok guys, so I have decided to jump on to this rom after much debate. I have ICS Passion and it is lagging like no other. Is there a step by step of installing this rom? I am seeing that if you already have a ICS build, you dont have to odin back to stock. Well there where do I go from here? I created a nandriod backup, used titanium to backup all my apps and used SMS Backup so back up all my text messages. Anything else I need to back up? Any help would be appreicated

PS. Keep in mind, the ICS I flashed was my first one and its been ages so Im no guru so a step by step would be the best help for me

Your backup steps should be enough. There are full installation steps in a link to the Slim site in the original post.

Leafy_duk

Jan 4, 2011
Thanks, just went through the steps, the lightning launcher is something getting used to since Ive never used it before. Also my wifi is not working, any ideas why?

I found that the first time signing into a new network you need to click on the actual word wifi on the screen to open the wifi menu in order to choose the network. For some reason it doesnt automatically popup when you start wifi.

Since it doesnt seem possible to get my contacts back from google's back with an ics rom looks like I'm going to odin back to stock and then copy all the contacts to my sim card if I have the room. And then get back on this rom and see what I can do for getting more than an hour of screen and data on time out of a charge.

Smartassassin

Dec 8, 2010
Parkville, Mo
I found that the first time signing into a new network you need to click on the actual word wifi on the screen to open the wifi menu in order to choose the network. For some reason it doesnt automatically popup when you start wifi.

Since it doesnt seem possible to get my contacts back from google's back with an ics rom looks like I'm going to odin back to stock and then copy all the contacts to my sim card if I have the room. And then get back on this rom and see what I can do for getting more than an hour of screen and data on time out of a charge.
did you pull up the people apk and make sure that you activated your contacts and made sure that you have updated the import /export option?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda app-developers app

Leafy_duk

Jan 4, 2011
did you pull up the people apk and make sure that you activated your contacts and made sure that you have updated the import /export option?

What do you mean activated my contacts? And which import/export option? My people akp works it has my facebook and my gmail contacts but I cant get the normal google ones. I tried doing import from storage and selecting my google account and it said none found.

Smartassassin

Dec 8, 2010
Parkville, Mo
What do you mean activated my contacts? And which import/export option? My people akp works it has my facebook and my gmail contacts but I cant get the normal google ones. I tried doing import from storage and selecting my google account and it said none found.
in people apk. There is an option that says contacts to display, you access this by hitting menu in people. What syncs does it show as active, namely does it show your Google account?

Leafy_duk

Jan 4, 2011
in people apk. There is an option that says contacts to display, you access this by hitting menu in people. What syncs does it show as active, namely does it show your Google account?

It shows my google account (also gmail), facebook, and my corporate, all as active, and I have it displaying all my contacts.

Leafy_duk

Jan 4, 2011
I have a feeling my issue might stem from the fact that the initial setup app never ran any of the times I've flashed the rom. And I cant seem to figure out how to run the apk manually. This is weird, I had to double check and my kindle fire that I flashed ics onto even pulled my phone contacts from google, so this has to just be an issue with my phone.

Smartassassin

Dec 8, 2010
Parkville, Mo
I have a feeling my issue might stem from the fact that the initial setup app never ran any of the times I've flashed the rom. And I cant seem to figure out how to run the apk manually. This is weird, I had to double check and my kindle fire that I flashed ics onto even pulled my phone contacts from google, so this has to just be an issue with my phone.
setup is an add on and doesn't run initially on this rom but that shouldn't be an issue because I never use it. Try re flashing the rom again.

skinzy98

May 30, 2012
I don't now ally follow this thread but I figured I'd check it out. So is slim 4.2 jellybean?

MV10

Jul 16, 2010
FL
Thanks, just went through the steps, the lightning launcher is something getting used to since Ive never used it before. Also my wifi is not working, any ideas why?

I do think Lightning is a poor choice... I've pointed a lot of people to Slim, and although it doesn't go with the "super lightweight" concept, I recommend Nova. I thought Zeam was pretty good as lightweight options go, I sort of wondered why it was dropped.

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
I do think Lightning is a poor choice... I've pointed a lot of people to Slim, and although it doesn't go with the "super lightweight" concept, I recommend Nova. I thought Zeam was pretty good as lightweight options go, I sort of wondered why it was dropped.

Get used to holo launcher HD. Pretty awesome. That's what I use in slim bean

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Leafy_duk

Jan 4, 2011
setup is an add on and doesn't run initially on this rom but that shouldn't be an issue because I never use it. Try re flashing the rom again.

Yeah, I even tried adding it on and couldnt get it to run. Going to try reflashing again. 3rd times the charm right?

Hobbesfed

Jul 20, 2012
I'm just wondering, but will we get a STOCK home launcher for Jellybean? (Like the one included in the addons for SlimICS) I dont like Zeam or Lightning launcher, as well as any other 3rd party ones. (I know, I'm extremely picky) Krarvind, will you be able to include the stock launcher into another flashable zip like with SlimICS?

Leafy_duk

Jan 4, 2011
Yeah, I even tried adding it on and couldnt get it to run. Going to try reflashing again. 3rd times the charm right?

No such luck. It only syncs the few people in my gmail contacts and not my backup google contacts. I even used the people apk as the first google service I logged in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    reserved for future use
    4.2 Released

Read Changelog carefully. I am off for a mini vacation. Cheers. Do consider donation if/when you can. Have fun.
    2.8 Released

Check 2nd post of SGS thread ( usual place) for details and download links. Lots of effort but managed to get a common base across Nexus and Galaxy S Phones. Have fun guys, hit thanks and consider donation. Cheers. Past midnight here.Bed time.
    3.6 Released, Have fun.