[ROM][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 Preview [Build 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
I'm getting lots of freezes with build 4.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
Unfortunately build 4 (CM10 experimental 29.08.2012) is affected by the memory management issue.
Memory is not released by non used apps and lead to freezes.
HumberOS fixed the problem using CM9 memory management.
For this reason is really hard to make performance comparison between the old and the new partition layout.

While i was testing i missed some tweaks of HumberOS build, like advanced device settings (gpu oc, fast charge... )

asvantypography

Apr 18, 2012
Unknown
Unfortunately build 4 (CM10 experimental 29.08.2012) is affected by the memory management issue.
Memory is not released by non used apps and lead to freezes.
HumberOS fixed the problem using CM9 memory management.
For this reason is really hard to make performance comparison between the old and the new partition layout.

While i was testing i missed some tweaks of HumberOS build, like advanced device settings (gpu oc, fast charge... )
remember,, it's still a "Preview" build

Stilm

Dec 25, 2011
Lisbon
I'm wondering if with the new partition layout we can use a sd-ext partition for apk's with the likes of s2e, a2sd or cronmod. Link2sd should work but I find it doesn't suit my needs from experience in ace/gio and their 178MB /data lol

My idea was, using my 2GB external card formatted to ext4 just for apk installs and leave /data/data on the internal memory... this should make things faster as intended with new layout and "fix" the low space issue. Or am I wrong?

Last edited:

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
Use cronmod app2sd init.d script for sd-ext, just partition your external SD for ext4 - 1gb and boom

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

I'm wondering if with the new partition layout we can use a sd-ext partition for apk's with the likes of s2e, a2sd or cronmod. Link2sd should work but I find it doesn't suit my needs from experience in ace/gio and their 178MB /data lol

My idea was, using my 2GB external card formatted to ext4 just for apk installs and leave /data/data on the internal memory... this should make things faster as intended with new layout and "fix" the low space issue. Or am I wrong?

Damn I missed this, your right. S2e is a great app if you don't want to use init.d scripts. I use it for my good ol hd2

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

adi6262

May 16, 2011
@humberos, I have installed your CM10 ROM 31/08 and when I hold up the home button, it doesn't come the recent apps...
That's coz in JB long press home doesn't show recent apps . (Its shortcut for google now ) . Use soft keys or reassign hardware key functions .

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: asvantypography

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
You need to go to Settings and choose tablet mode :) Same asi ni previous build.
Whit tablet mode we have the 3 capacitive buttons inside screen, it's normal whit... a single touch is enough...
But on phone mode we can long touch on menu button and we have recent appls. (If activated on settings/system etc...)

chanreii

Apr 11, 2011
Batangas
what happened?

im flashing the new build of humberOs, and it wont flash..this message always appears.

assert failed: run_program("/tmp/updater.sh") == 0
E: Error in /sdcard/sgt7-cm10-20120831-HumberOs-p1.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.