[ROM][4.1.2]CyanogenMod 10 for GT-I8190 [2013-07-29]

Search This thread

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Sin%2520nombre.png

For your information

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is developed for the GSM 8GB version of Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190), and tested when running I8190XXAMG1 baseband.

I'll only support this model since it's the only one I own, if someone wants to attempt to port this ROM to his model feel free to take my tree as base, but don't expect support from me.

I'll never recommend this rom for daily use, you'll use it at your own risk. I do this because I love to learn lots of things about Android.

Reporting Bugs

If you want to report bugs please read THIS HOWTO first. Please try to provide logs if you see errors (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to do that check google or ask people here to help you. Don't contact me directly.

Enabling logcat Logging (Windows HOWTO: How to logcat like a Pro!)
adb shell dmesg
How to use strace?

Download

You are storing very sensitive information on your phone. You always have to be careful what ROMs you flash and whom you trust. If you don't trust me then don't use my ROM or compile it from source by yourself.

You can download the ROM here.

This ROM is not meant for daily use!

Credits

- diego-ch, because he was the guy I worked together when nobody still develops for this device
- TeamCanjica members.
- marcin and maclaw, for HW Accec and MTP
- benjamingwynn & dudeman1996, for help me on my first steps.
- gladiac (modpunk), for teach me the right way of develop something.
- xd.bx, for the awesome fixes for recovery
- helicopter88, asturel and bytecode for been the first ones on listen my firsts fights with code.

Last edited:

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Most Annoying Bugs

1 - RIL, most of people didn't have problems anymore, but some have issues (like me) of not could connect to some network operators.
2 - Flickering, when scrolling, using camera preview, or heavy apps the screen didn't get cleaned as fast as expect, and old frames overlap newly created frames.

Changelog

2013-07-29
- Fixed HW Decoders, so now there's no more lag with 720p videos
- Added posible fix for GPS reported as working for some people

2013-07-25
- Fixed a buch of things (MTP, Mic, HW Accec) *Thanks Marcin and Maclaw*
- Fixed HW OMX Encoders (Camcorder)
- Clean-ups and little improvements everywhere

Alpha5 (04-03-13)
- Initial release

Alpha4 (29-02-13)
- Torch app crash fixed
- Fix permissions for init.d scripts, scheduler, governors and cpufreq.

Alpha3 (23-02-13)
- Camera (Only pictures, no camcorder, slow panorama)
- Minor things with Audio and Sensors

Alpha2 (22-02-13)
- Audio

Alpha1 (07-02-13)
- Internal SDCard
- SMS and Calls

Alpha0 (02-02-13)
- Wifi
- Bluetooth
- External SDCard
- USB Mounting
- Sensors (Orientation&Brightness)

Last edited:

Sn0w0nS

Jun 18, 2012
Ghent
Re: [ROM][4.1.2]CyanogenMod 10 for GT-I8190 [Alpha5]

Downloading. :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda premium

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Remember is an alpha, and finally I released it without data mobile, so don't complain about nothing, repor new bugs into bugtracker if you find them, but don't annoy me about the other big bugs.

Reactions: arasok

Sn0w0nS

Jun 18, 2012
Ghent

Works great! Keep up the good work!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda premium

mermigas

Mar 16, 2009
Tested for a couple of hours and runs smooth.
Installed also gapps-jb-20121011-signed and there were no problems
To enable data turn airplane mode on and off and you will get APN settings
For the moment two major known issues as stated in OP
- No calls
- USB mounting to read internal and external storage
Keep the good work

lupohirp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Avellino
to all....please can someone flash my kernel or stock kernel ( you can get from dmod thread) to see if RIL works?? i think that some permission is missing in init.*.rc files..:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sin%2520nombre.png

For your information

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is developed for the GSM 8GB version of Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190), and tested when running I8190XXAMG1 baseband.

I'll only support this model since it's the only one I own, if someone wants to attempt to port this ROM to his model feel free to take my tree as base, but don't expect support from me.

I'll never recommend this rom for daily use, you'll use it at your own risk. I do this because I love to learn lots of things about Android.

Reporting Bugs

If you want to report bugs please read THIS HOWTO first. Please try to provide logs if you see errors (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to do that check google or ask people here to help you. Don't contact me directly.

Enabling logcat Logging (Windows HOWTO: How to logcat like a Pro!)
    adb shell dmesg
    How to use strace?

Download

You are storing very sensitive information on your phone. You always have to be careful what ROMs you flash and whom you trust. If you don't trust me then don't use my ROM or compile it from source by yourself.

You can download the ROM here.

This ROM is not meant for daily use!

Credits

- diego-ch, because he was the guy I worked together when nobody still develops for this device
    - TeamCanjica members.
    - marcin and maclaw, for HW Accec and MTP
    - benjamingwynn & dudeman1996, for help me on my first steps.
    - gladiac (modpunk), for teach me the right way of develop something.
    - xd.bx, for the awesome fixes for recovery
    - helicopter88, asturel and bytecode for been the first ones on listen my firsts fights with code.
    Most Annoying Bugs

1 - RIL, most of people didn't have problems anymore, but some have issues (like me) of not could connect to some network operators.
    2 - Flickering, when scrolling, using camera preview, or heavy apps the screen didn't get cleaned as fast as expect, and old frames overlap newly created frames.

Changelog

2013-07-29
    - Fixed HW Decoders, so now there's no more lag with 720p videos
    - Added posible fix for GPS reported as working for some people

2013-07-25
    - Fixed a buch of things (MTP, Mic, HW Accec) *Thanks Marcin and Maclaw*
    - Fixed HW OMX Encoders (Camcorder)
    - Clean-ups and little improvements everywhere

Alpha5 (04-03-13)
    - Initial release

Alpha4 (29-02-13)
    - Torch app crash fixed
    - Fix permissions for init.d scripts, scheduler, governors and cpufreq.

Alpha3 (23-02-13)
    - Camera (Only pictures, no camcorder, slow panorama)
    - Minor things with Audio and Sensors

Alpha2 (22-02-13)
    - Audio

Alpha1 (07-02-13)
    - Internal SDCard
    - SMS and Calls

Alpha0 (02-02-13)
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    - External SDCard
    - USB Mounting
    - Sensors (Orientation&Brightness)

I've decided to left the proyect until I finish the school year, I didn't pass the last exams with the marks I expected, so I'll come back once summer holidays starts, more or less over the third week of June.

I'm sure Maclaw and lupohirp will keep the development as good as all of you expect.
    I've already share my gtalk with both so they can contact me to ask for help.

I'll remove tapatalk ftom my phone because i don't want to get messed anymore.

Good luck.

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 usando Tapatalk 2
    we are missing something guys....we have an advantage respect to sony novathor devices...we have samsung!:) our cpu architecture is similar to s2's cpu ( cortex a9 dual core, mali400 gpu) with the difference that our gpu is mono-core, while gpu og galaxy s2 is quad-core.also we are using the same omx decoder-encoder!. we can use workaround for this device (cyanogenmod code is full of that workarounds)...i have an idea and an hour for that....i'm gonna trying to fix this crap :)
    I've fixed HW Decoders just now, I'll upload a new build with that and the suggested fix for GPS and upload it as soon as I can.