[ROM][4.1.2] Cyanogenmod 10 unofficial Galaxy Exhibit 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

detdett

Dec 6, 2011
CM10 sure seems like a step backwards from CM9. The 3G download speed is a lot slower at about 1.5mb instead of what I should be getting. So far the only thing better about it is the lack of that crazy looking figure with the psychedelic background swirling around when it's starting up. I'm really glad to be rid of that even if it doesn't have the Play store and data is a lot slower.
Just in case you forgot, you were complaining about the slow data speed as well even when you were using a cm9 Rom
My phone doesn't get stuck in Edge but it lost 4G capability when I installed CM9 and will only work in 3G now at a slow speed of 384Kb which is too slow to do anything like open the Play store. Actually my version of CM9 has the command *#*#197328640#*#* but when I did the steps you mentioned, elect Debug Screen, Phone Control, Network Control, Band Selection, WCDMA Band Preference, WCDMA ALL to force the phone to 4G it still says it's using 3G with UMTS at 384Kbps.
it's totally useless!
As usual it seems that everyone writing those blogs and releasing new mods don't know what they are doing or talking about!
I have no idea what you mean by "updater script"! Didn't anyone ever try CM10.1 to see if it works before releasing it? This is all just a waste of time!

Maybe you should go back to cm 9 if that's better for you

Sent from my TouchPad using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaws4God

schuylkillparanormal

Mar 10, 2013
I think the updater script deleted files needed for the keyboard. Here is a modified zip I just made but cannot test it since I dont have a phone. You can look at the changes to the updater script.

20121011 gets alot of fc's use 20120726 works better without any issues.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea but unfortunately it won't work. First the download site is offline but I was able to get the file from the mirror site. Then, if I remove all the unwanted files from the zip and just leave just the ones it says are needed the keyboard won't work so it's impossible to login to Play and it just keeps getting keyboard errors over and over. Also they say to install ClockWorkMod Recovery but there's no need for that since the phone can already boot into recovery to install the zip file. Unfortunately installing even the full version of gapps kills the on screen keyboard and makes it impossible to do anything with the constant keyboard failed error messages popping up all the time so it's totally useless!
As usual it seems that everyone writing those blogs and releasing new mods don't know what they are doing or talking about!

Gapps have nothing to do with the ROM. Im currently running cm10 using 20120726 gapps package without any issues.

detdett

Dec 6, 2011
Play store is not included with CM10 at all so I had to download it from Androidpolice.com and put it on the SD card to install. When I try to run it all it does is close again immediately! This wasn't a problem with CM9 and makes CM10 pretty worthless if I can't run any apps.

Please educate yourself before calling something worthless

Many AOSP ROMs, most famously CyanogenMod and AOKP, do not include the Google Apps due to licensing issues. They are after all proprietary code owned by Google and not included in the Android Open Source Project.

And this

Hello,

Just wanted to post this so others know where and what we can do with our custom roms on XDA Developer's. It seems that some of the dev's seem to think that we are not allowed to include GAPPS in our custombgh roms. This is a FALSE statement. GOOGLE asked CM and others not to include them but as third party developers we were not told and have not been asked not to do so. Here is an excerpt from Forum Moderator noellenchris

"Concerning GAPPS: CM and some other were asked by google to NOT include them. But only those parties. Everyone else can include them unless asked by the owner (ie Google) to remove them.
This also means in theory that everyone with a CM kang can include GAPPS, however most people don't (which is obviously fine too)

Noellenchris
XDA Forum MOD"

camcory

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
Spring Hill, Fl
I have no idea what you mean by "updater script"! Gapps not only kills the keyboard function but even using a Bluetooth keyboard the Play store still won't work! Didn't anyone ever try CM10.1 to see if it works before releasing it? This is all just a waste of time!

Well I tried. It seems you are the only one with issues as me and others havent had your problems. I feel that stock or possibly an iPhone is the best option for a user such as yourself. Not really sure what this means "Didn't anyone ever try CM10.1 to see if it works before releasing it?" This is CM10 there is CM10.1 out there and works also. Just an observation but you seem to have issues on every ROM you try. Im not trying to get into an argument but any inflammatory posts will be reported. This thread is for those who want to help out or just enjoy something different than stock. Thanks for checking it out sorry it didnt work out for you.

Last edited:

stevec5000

Just in case you forgot, you were complaining about the slow data speed as well even when you were using a cm9 Rom
Maybe you should go back to cm 9 if that's better for you

Yeah and the data is still slow but the problem with the Play store and keyboard turned out to be the versions are mixed up, the latest gapps doesn't match the latest 10.1 depending on which site you believe. After some trial and error I found that 20121011 works OK so I went with that.

detdett

Dec 6, 2011
Yeah and the data is still slow but the problem with the Play store and keyboard turned out to be the versions are mixed up, the latest gapps doesn't match the latest 10.1 depending on which site you believe. After some trial and error I found that 20121011 works OK so I went with that.

This Rom is cm 10 so a cm 10.1 gapps will not be compatible. Cam did post the correct gapps package in the op

Reactions: hatememarkz

Faruk88

Mar 20, 2010
I'm really impressed with how well this ROM works, so thanks again for your efforts camcory.

Can anybody comment on whether or not any of the 4.2 ROMs can match this one in terms of speed and stability? I skimmed through camcory's Rootbox thread and there seem to be more issues reported in there than there are here (but I could be wrong).

camcory

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
Spring Hill, Fl
I'm really impressed with how well this ROM works, so thanks again for your efforts camcory.

Can anybody comment on whether or not any of the 4.2 ROMs can match this one in terms of speed and stability? I skimmed through camcory's Rootbox thread and there seem to be more issues reported in there than there are here (but I could be wrong).

I have ended rootbox and focused mainly on Aoip. In terms of speed /stability I would say 4.2 is on par but is a little more battery hungry. I personally like the added features of 4.2 so battery life I can live with. There are quite a few nice 4.2 roms out there I suggest if you are interested make sure you do a backup of your current rom in case it isnt for you.

ijrr

Sep 19, 2011
Crashing

Hey guys.
What I did:
- Formatted cache, davik, sdcard partitions
- Installed via ClockworkMod Recovery the zip file available in OP (cm-10-20130402-UNOFFICIAL-ancora_tmo.zip)

Issue:
After flashing CM10, works well. Then, I flashed Gapps - AOSP (Keyboard) started crashing. I flashed the 4.2 keyboard and it fixed the problem. However, Google Apps crash after trying to add my Google account, opening Play Store, etc.

Ah, flashlight doesn't work :p

Could someone help me? I followed simple steps for a clean install but having those issues...
Also, should I use Kernel 2.6 or 3.0?
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Never mind... installed the wrong Gapps version...

anonxlg

Sep 3, 2011
is there a way to revert back to the stock keyboard from the 4.2 gesture keyboard in the op post?

wrusry

Jan 28, 2011
Austin
New Google Maps working?

Today Google Maps came out with an update that looks to have some very nice new features. For one, it will suggest a new route during navigation when this new route is faster then the original (similar to Waze).

The new Maps wasn't available through Google play yet for me (being rolled out), so I downloaded an APK and installed it. The performance was very bad graphically and it rebooted my device once.

Has anyone downloaded and had success with it?

I reinstalled the old version and all is well again. I don't know if there was an issue with the APK or if it is a problem with our device/CM10.

Thanks.

I got the APK from this link: http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...interface-refresh-functionality-enhancements/

[update] Maps was rolled out to my device. The official version worked much better, but I still saw graphical issues with the screen stitching (?) in a strange way. Not all the time, but sometimes. I suspect it should be fine and that it is indicative of a Maps problem and not an issue with the ROM/device.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mwas.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cm-logo.jpg

Cyanogenmod 10

Working: on 4.1.2
    Phone
    Data
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Camera (with some minor annoyances)
    Wifi and USB tethering

Not working
    Please let me know and I will update

Latest Build 2.6 Kernel:

CM 10 Build Date 04/15/2013
    *2.6.35 OC Kernel built from arco's ics-2.6.35 source with cherry-picks from Christopher83 for OC and using his Linaro GCC 4.7.-2013.03 (4.7.3) toolchain
    *Sync with latest CM sources

Latest Build 3.0 Kernel:

CM 10 Build Date 04/02/2013
    *Sync with Arco's latest kernel source 3.0.71
    *HW VSYNC
    *Hopefully WEP is working with ivendors fix

CM 10 Build Date 03/09/2013
    *Sync with Arco's latest kernel source
    *cars camerahal fix

CM 10 Build Date 02/25/2013
    *New kernel 3.0.66 built from arco's JB3.0
    *New Exhibit splash screen
    *Camera Flash is working
    *WIFI Tethering is back

CM 10 Build Date 02/17/2013
    *New kernel 3.0.64 built from arco's JB3.0 pmem branch
    *4.2 gesture keyboard

CM 10 Build Date 02/11/2013 Features 3.0.62 Kernel with working camera! (Huge thanks to Arco68)

CM 10 Build Date 11/26/2012 MD5 Sum: db905c0a84bb5a57be944af8cc2fc668
    Mirror Thanks Bloodflame
    Changelog:
    WIFI and USB Tethering
    Dim behind statusbar mod
    RIL (911) fix

Addons:
    JB Gapps for 4.1 20121011
    SwapSD by Jocala for JB
    Bloodflame's battery mod
    4.2 keyboard (gesture typing) & Gmail for 4.1
    CM9 CameraHal for CM10 based roms to include RootBox, SlimBean, MiUi, etc....
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e96oa57az7...l.slimbean.zip
    Thanks lunerceli

These are forked from Arco's Thread (Many Thanks!) May be useful for those with many apps

Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
    Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
    Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.

WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Special Thanks:
    Cyanogenmod Team (Donate)
    Root-Box Team (Donate)
    AOKP Team (Donate)
    Paranoid Team (Donate)
    Arco (Donate)
    Jocala (Donate)
    Doomsday
    ivendor (Donate)
    crybert (Donate)
    BPear (Donate)
    IRX120
    Smartguy (or as I like to think of him Super Penguin) (Donate)
    Christopher83
    and anyone else my feeble mind may have forgotten!
    ok guys so i got a oc kernel working and although i dont read much into benchmark scores my antutu scored 700 pts higher with my kernel....im also gonna work with camcory to add bln support to a lib file so itll work on his roms
    PACman ROM Custom Boot Animation

Alright, first of all, I apologize for not releasing this sooner. Long story short, I've been very busy these last few days (I've hardly even been on XDA at all!) But anyway, I completely scrapped the first two boot animations I started working on a few days ago, and started out fresh this morning on this one. I may or may not make another. I do still have ideas, but we'll see if I have the ambition to go through with them. No promises at this point.

Screenshot:

NayeQ.gif

Download: http://d-h.st/B7T

Instructions:
    1. Copy zip to your phone. DO NOT attempt to flash in CWM (I can make a flashable version, if requested)
    2. Open a file manager with root permissions (such as Solid Explorer, ES File Explorer, or the new CM File Manager)
    3. Rename the file to bootanimation.zip
    4. Copy to either /system/media or /data/local (either is fine, but both is pointless)
    5. Set permissions to -rw-r--r-- (CHMOD 644)
    6. Reboot!
    7. Click the Thanks button on this post :cool:

This will work with any ROM for any phone with an HDPI screen (800x480), however it was made with the PACman ROM in mind.
    Note: Some ROMs and/or devices have a different filename and/or location for boot animations. If you wish to use this elsewhere, it is your responsibility to figure out how to apply it.

*** Disclaimer *** Same stuff as everyone else says... I won't be held responsible if you brick your phone because you were too ignorant to read directions. I am not accountable for your actions - only you are. Boot animations are a fairly simple thing to change, and I can't even think of any way to mess up your phone by changing it, but if you somehow do, you can only blame yourself. If you whine to me about it, I will laugh at you.