[ROM][4.1.2][I9100-I9100P][24/12] LionROM JB[Mods, Themes, Patchs][XXLSJ]

xZhongCheng

Sep 25, 2010
I have a bug where at random times, I try to unlock the lockscreen and the phone isnt responsive until I turn it off and try again.

Other than that, this rom is amazing. VERY FAST

xZhongCheng

Sep 25, 2010
Flash jellybean HK kernel (latest one).
Thanks. That did the trick. Another thing I am noticing is that my phone does not ever go into deep sleep.
Also at times when I restart, I would have 50% battery, then would instantly drain down to 18%.

This is after I installed the Jeboo Kernel.

wis1152

Jun 8, 2011
luton uk
media.xda-developers.com
Thanks. That did the trick. Another thing I am noticing is that my phone does not ever go into deep sleep.
Also at times when I restart, I would have 50% battery, then would instantly drain down to 18%.

This is after I installed the Jeboo Kernel.
This could be down to a new application that you have installed,
I think better battery stats we tell you if this is the case:)
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Armazia

Nov 23, 2008
I really like this, A XXLSJ rom modded to stock icons but with the features. Would it be an option to create an aroma installer or something to install the Samsung Apps you like? Go on and bring the good stuff :laugh:

Edit: Is there someone who knows if it is possible to change Density in any way in XXLSJ? Cause I really want it badly. Would be perfect for the Multi window.

Last edited:

xZhongCheng

Sep 25, 2010
Is there an app that I can download that tells me what is actually consuming all the power? Also within 1 hr of use on the bus, The battery drained by 12% and screen usage was 85%...

Edit: NVM I found the app =D

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2011
Leo, congratulations for the ROM, excellent set of features, stability and elegancy. Keep it up, a superb job in my opinion. I would love to see extra shortcuts in the notification area (i.e. hotspot).

For those with battery drain problems, it is a plague in XXLSJ-based ROMs. I've tried a few and it seems all of them have similar issues, but it depends on each case. For me media scanner is not an issue except on reboot, where it'll drain a fair 5% of battery while scanning music and other files. After that it seems to settle. My problem seems to be with backgrouund network connections, most of them from the infamous network location services. Many people seem to suffer from this too but I don't seem to find the right fix, just the following workaround:
  1. Set wifi to shut off on sleep
  2. Set maps, Google Now, weather widgets, etc. not to update your location in the background
  3. Restrict Google Services, Maps, etc. background traffic
What this basically does is to let wifi turn off a few minutes after the screen is off and then block network connections from all those nasty services that drain our juice and let our phone deep sleep longer. For me this doesn't mean any limitation in usability but it's a pity I cannot leave wifi on all the time instead of mobile data, which is more battery friendly as a general rule. Additionally, note there's something off about wifi drivers in those ROMs with screen lock lag issues and I believe, in those instances, battery is worse on wifi. I'm using the latest Siyah beta kernel and so far so good, no screen lock or wifi drain issues.

In addition to this, network location services allegedly prevents my Nexus 7's wifi from shut off on sleep (that's what I read). I cannot confirm that's the culprit but it shuts off correctly on factory reset and after a few apps installed it doesn't. It's 4.2.1 but it never happened on 4.1.2. This is off-topic anyway...

koliker

Mar 18, 2012
status bar

hi leeomendes,

thx for this rom. in your youtube vid there are blue toogels in the status bar. now i've downloaded ur rom and can't find an option to change the color. could u please tell, how u managed this?

thx

Last edited:

wis1152

Jun 8, 2011
luton uk
media.xda-developers.com
Reactions: koliker

SUPERSTARDJ01

Feb 28, 2012
Hi,

Just started running this on my gs2 its a good rom but it seems to use a lot of ram? Battery life isnt great and I randomly get com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Can I use JellyBean HK kernal on a UK o2 GS2?

Last edited:

andyfmking

Jun 12, 2010
kuala lumpur
Solid ROM, but wifi direct has issues & No googletalk

Nice ROM, always wanted to find a rom with the acid mod engine implemented by default.

I encountered an issue with wifi direct while sending some files to note II, used to send successfully on previous stock ROMs, but now it keeps on showing that its "waiting for files to start" being transffered.

I also noticed that version 1.3 of the ROM doesn't have the GoogleTalk app though the other gapps items are present. I tried extracting the talk app from another stock XXLSJ rom and paste in /system/app directory using Root Explorer but the file doesn't remain in the directory though I set the directory to Read/write state. I'll try to flash the gapps package again from CWM recovery.

The rom was a bit unresponsive after fresh installation, but got to speed after freezing and disabling some apps that I dont use but stil feels a bit slow to respond sometimes though its not a big deal though am wondering if theres a way to improve the response other than removing more apps lol, the stability is still impressive. No FC after a full day of use, still testing battery. Amazing job, Keep up the good work,

Cheers.

EDIT: Sorry about the GoogleTalk issue, just saw ur talk.apk file, installed and runs perfectly.

Last edited:

sairaku

Mar 11, 2011
City of Churches
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS ROM!!! This is seriously the best ROM I've have tried for my GS2. The battery life on this thing is Phenomenal. I'm getting bout 18 hours with medium usage and I'm only down to about 60%. With an extended battery I get the 18 hours at 79% with the same usage. I've not encountered any bugs yet that are crippling. Only the stock messaging app seemed to bug out, but that was easily fixed. Great work buddy! Thanks again so much!:cool::silly::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

leeomendes

Jun 6, 2012
London
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS ROM!!! This is seriously the best ROM I've have tried for my GS2. The battery life on this thing is Phenomenal. I'm getting bout 18 hours with medium usage and I'm only down to about 60%. With an extended battery I get the 18 hours at 79% with the same usage. I've not encountered any bugs yet that are crippling. Only the stock messaging app seemed to bug out, but that was easily fixed. Great work buddy! Thanks again so much!:cool::silly::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Thanks for the feedback! I'll be back when I get more free time :)

cooper1973

Oct 3, 2012
excellent ROM with NFC enabler. i have been trying for ages to get jellybean on my phone and still use nfc so i can use tags so look like its finally working. thanks for this

cute.fluff

Mar 2, 2012
theme change?

hello thank you for this great rom :)

what themes i can apply to it? infinity will work?

also im getting the annoying unlock lag (homebutton lag) 10-30 secs before i can unlock the phone...

anything i can do on my own to fix this?

Last edited: