[ROM-4.1.2][KERNEL-4.2][LINARO]CM10 hybrids AOSP Saber-toothed-Squirrel

Search This thread

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
stscv.jpg

These are CM10 builds with some extra mods/perks in it. There might be bugs but so far everything is working really smoothly. I will be working more on the kernel. I will also be updating these as github repo changes come in.

Known bugs:

Camera is "flaky". It works but if you switch to different qualities it'll most likely crash.This is a bug with the Gallery ( I know sounds strange and it is) because the Gallery needs to connect with the camera to store pictures on the sdcard.

You can track all the most recent jellybean changes on cm's gerrit for status "merged" on the "jellybean" branch:
http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#/q/status:merged+branch:jellybean,n,z

ADB
adb remount will not work on these roms. You can use adb root adb remount. If adb root doesn't work well for you for whatever reason use the scripts instead. For adb you'll need to make sure it has root access under development settings in the main settings menu. I have included two scripts to change the state of your system being mounted as either rw or ro. So before you push something with adb to your system you'll need to run the mount-rw script. Usage is as follows:

Type the following in terminal emulator or adb shell. I prefer terminal emulator.
Code:
For read/write access (this is the one you want for adb access)
$ su
# sh /etc/mount-rw
Code:
For read/only access (only need to do this after modifying your system partition, makes it stay secure ;))
$ su
# sh /etc/mount-ro
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1.1 (Jellybean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10 to the Google Nexus 7, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod
  3. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

A precautionary note about flashing other kernels
I do not support other kernels! If are having issues with this rom and are using some other type of kernel (aka some type of experimental kernel) I will not support
bug issues that you may encounter!

General Credits:

* Google of course for most of the source

* Of course the CyanogenMod team for their source

* drewis for various ROM fixes

* And lastly me for various other tweaks
  • Linaro toolchain optimizes the ROMs and Kernels (Uses Linaro strict-aliasing and -O3 compiler flags)
  • The kernel hybrid that is in these ROMs
  • AOSP Tablet Mode (no DPI mods or launcher tablet ui). Includes full AOSP browser in tablet mode.
  • Initd.d kernel module script to load kernel modules on boot
  • Kernel optimization's:
    • A lot of kernel debugging disabled
    • Most of the governors are modules so will not clutter up the kernel (side loading governors as modules)
  • Docking support (untested)
  • Screen will not turn on when unplugging from power usb/ac.
  • Other things I probably can't remember right now ;)
  • Wallpaperz app for extra wallpapers, thread is here http://android-den.com/index.php?topic=1415.0

If I'm forgetting anyone let me know and I'll add you to the list!

About The Kernel:

Latest kernel is based on Bricked kernel. The thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1920628

Things I've added
  • Advanced memory managment all the way up to 3.2 linux kernel
  • File system enhancements include ext4, nfs, NFSv4, NFSv3, vfs, cifs, aio
  • Various other fixes from the mainline linux kernel. For more info checkout my github
  • UV voltage
  • I/O improvments/fixes from the mainline linux kernel.

Cherry-picked changes from faux123's github

• User voltage control (For frequency control use SystemTuner by 3C)
These builds can be found on goo manager beta app under TeamAndroid account, as well as Android Den

Enjoy!

CM10.0.0 Rom Downloads (These are final, no more updates)

Android 4.1.2 gapps 20121102

My Github

47d3f276-8a9c-5986.jpg

47d3f276-8ab4-5936.jpg

Last edited:

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
Ewww, a sparksco has appeared. :p Just kidding bud, if you need any testing on the kernel I know you'll build let me know. Looks like a decent thing you have going here but unfortunately, I don't feel like flashing a new rom. :p

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
I should have the boot animation fixed in the next build, then I can test more on the kernel..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
Let us know when boot animation is working... boot animation is 75% of the reason to install CM :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Don't worry I'll get it fixed, working on a build now. I'm sure every developer has their own ways of building so stability between different unofficial builds will still vary.

Reactions: Shano56

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
Don't worry I'll get it fixed, working on a build now. I'm sure every developer has their own ways of building so stability between different unofficial builds will still vary.

Hey man its no worries, appreciate what you're doing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Brigaid

Aug 11, 2010
Pretty excited about this. One question though, why the lock screen camera launcher? Is it just an AOSP thing that is disabled in the stock N7 rom?

Sent from my SGH-I777

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
Pretty excited about this. One question though, why the lock screen camera launcher? Is it just an AOSP thing that is disabled in the stock N7 rom?

Sent from my SGH-I777

The AOSP default lock screen has the camera shortcut on it, so it would require removing it from the frameworks package most likely, CM generally comes with the ability to change the shortcuts, so once that gets merged up to JB it wont matter that it doesn't work cuz you'll be able to change it.

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Yeah I'm sure it's a setting somewhere that hides it from the launcher. It might be a setting in the camera app itself not to show much like many other system apps. I haven't really looked into it much but I'll look around some. I tried the nexus 7 launcher from the market and it just force closes, so that's not a option either.

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Well you can't make everyone happy. I'm sure if it was that easy to implement it would have been done already. And there has to be a option, not force people into a tablet ui.

Reactions: dadoc04

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
The current landscape launcher patch I have applied may not become official in cm. If it doesn't I'll most likely keep it as a option if you all request it to stay the way it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: dadoc04

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
The current landscape launcher patch I have applied may not become official in cm. If it doesn't I'll most likely keep it as a option if you all request it to stay the way it is.

hey sparks, thanks for all your work :)

is there any way to calibrate the orientation sensor?? seems like i have to have my tab un-normally vertical for it to sense a rotation. i messed around with the sensor setting in a few games and apps, which works, but only in the game/app, not the system.

is there a hidden menu somewhere?

thanks x1000 for creating these awesome "nightlies" :)

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
on the kindle fire, they have a toggle for tabletUI or JBhybridUI. jus saying, if u want to add the "option". I prefer the new JBhybrid UI

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    stscv.jpg

These are CM10 builds with some extra mods/perks in it. There might be bugs but so far everything is working really smoothly. I will be working more on the kernel. I will also be updating these as github repo changes come in.

Known bugs:

Camera is "flaky". It works but if you switch to different qualities it'll most likely crash.This is a bug with the Gallery ( I know sounds strange and it is) because the Gallery needs to connect with the camera to store pictures on the sdcard.

You can track all the most recent jellybean changes on cm's gerrit for status "merged" on the "jellybean" branch:
    http://r.cyanogenmod.com/#/q/status:merged+branch:jellybean,n,z

ADB
    adb remount will not work on these roms. You can use adb root adb remount. If adb root doesn't work well for you for whatever reason use the scripts instead. For adb you'll need to make sure it has root access under development settings in the main settings menu. I have included two scripts to change the state of your system being mounted as either rw or ro. So before you push something with adb to your system you'll need to run the mount-rw script. Usage is as follows:

Type the following in terminal emulator or adb shell. I prefer terminal emulator.
    Code:
    For read/write access (this is the one you want for adb access)
    $ su
    # sh /etc/mount-rw
    Code:
    For read/only access (only need to do this after modifying your system partition, makes it stay secure ;))
    $ su
    # sh /etc/mount-ro
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1.1 (Jellybean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10 to the Google Nexus 7, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod
    3. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

A precautionary note about flashing other kernels
    I do not support other kernels! If are having issues with this rom and are using some other type of kernel (aka some type of experimental kernel) I will not support
    bug issues that you may encounter!

General Credits:

* Google of course for most of the source

* Of course the CyanogenMod team for their source

* drewis for various ROM fixes

* And lastly me for various other tweaks
    • Linaro toolchain optimizes the ROMs and Kernels (Uses Linaro strict-aliasing and -O3 compiler flags)
    • The kernel hybrid that is in these ROMs
    • AOSP Tablet Mode (no DPI mods or launcher tablet ui). Includes full AOSP browser in tablet mode.
    • Initd.d kernel module script to load kernel modules on boot
    • Kernel optimization's:
      • A lot of kernel debugging disabled
      • Most of the governors are modules so will not clutter up the kernel (side loading governors as modules)
    • Docking support (untested)
    • Screen will not turn on when unplugging from power usb/ac.
    • Other things I probably can't remember right now ;)
    • Wallpaperz app for extra wallpapers, thread is here http://android-den.com/index.php?topic=1415.0

If I'm forgetting anyone let me know and I'll add you to the list!

About The Kernel:

Latest kernel is based on Bricked kernel. The thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1920628

Things I've added
    • Advanced memory managment all the way up to 3.2 linux kernel
    • File system enhancements include ext4, nfs, NFSv4, NFSv3, vfs, cifs, aio
    • Various other fixes from the mainline linux kernel. For more info checkout my github
    • UV voltage
    • I/O improvments/fixes from the mainline linux kernel.

Cherry-picked changes from faux123's github

• User voltage control (For frequency control use SystemTuner by 3C)
    These builds can be found on goo manager beta app under TeamAndroid account, as well as Android Den

Enjoy!

CM10.0.0 Rom Downloads (These are final, no more updates)

Android 4.1.2 gapps 20121102

My Github

47d3f276-8a9c-5986.jpg

47d3f276-8ab4-5936.jpg
    Just a update on the progress. I might have BFS working in the kernel now :D BFQ is now default and I added a few extra governors. All that is left is some more testing and to add some more I/o schedulers and this kernel will be right around where I've been wanting it to be. After that I'll release a new build.

***Build date - 08/05/2012***
    RM Updated
    Kernel optimizations:
    - Reduced kernel bloat with governors as modules
    - Added cifs and tun modules support, cifs manager now works!
    New build is up!
    So I got kinda tired of waiting for cm to merge things into github so I added a gerrit experimental section to the rom list on rom manager. Changelog is up and I'm uploading the rom right now with about 20 gerrit patches in it :cool:
    Center clock working great :D