[ROM] [4.1.2] [P311X] MicroDelta Stock Based ROM (XXDME3)

Search This thread

Skazzy3

Jan 9, 2012
May I use some files from this ROM for another ROM?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD

Narciso Neto

May 27, 2012
Yes, the build.prop file is basically just a text configuration file that is read when the device starts up. You can edit this file with any text editor and those changes will take effect on reboot.

Strange, i copied some tweaks from Ripple ROM to Microdelta's build.prop, and it showed the boot logo (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2) but it didn't even showed the samsung logo, just a blank screen...
And another question:
-the Ripple ROM zip has a kernel folder in its root, can I flash Ripple ROM's kernel over Microdelta?

Sorry for some english errors...

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

Skazzy3

Jan 9, 2012
Strange, i copied some tweaks from Ripple ROM to Microdelta's build.prop, and it showed the boot logo (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2) but it didn't even showed the samsung logo, just a blank screen...
And another question:
-the Ripple ROM zip has a kernel folder in its root, can I flash Ripple ROM's kernel over Microdelta?

lol the kernel is in the boot.img
That folder probably has some scripts he put in there.

Tsjoklat

Apr 5, 2010
If i'm running 4.0.4 what's my steps of installing this?

If you are using a stock 4.0.4, then you can just flash this ROM on top of it without having to clear the cache or data. You only need to wipe the data and cache if you are currently on an aosp or CyanogenMod based ROM.

Tsjoklat

Apr 5, 2010
And another question:

If you post your build.prop, I will compare it and see what changes are transferable.

Ripper ROM is using the KK boot image which you can download separately from the Blackhawk kernel thread.

Last edited:

St0n3s

Jan 17, 2012
If you are using a stock 4.0.4, then you can just flash this ROM on top of it without having to clear the cache or data. You only need to wipe the data and cache if you are currently on an aosp or CyanogenMod based ROM.

I did just this & when booted up the touchscreen is way off, where ever you touch on the screen is nowhere near where it actually detects it. I can't get past the set up screen due to it.

Tsjoklat

Apr 5, 2010
I did just this & when booted up the touchscreen is way off, where ever you touch on the screen is nowhere near where it actually detects it. I can't get past the set up screen due to it.

If you have never installed an official 4.1.x rom, then you won't have an updated bootloader for this version of Android. Most of the time, when testing ROM's, we don't touch the bootloader, but it does need to be updated once.

St0n3s

Jan 17, 2012
If you have never installed an official 4.1.x rom, then you won't have an updated bootloader for this version of Android. Most of the time, when testing ROM's, we don't touch the bootloader, but it does need to be updated once.

What do i need to use?
I was using CWM Recovery & just wiped & installed the zip

Tsjoklat

Apr 5, 2010
What do i need to use?
I was using CWM Recovery & just wiped & installed the zip

If you are coming from 4.0.4, I would get the latest 4.1.x official ROM for your region and install it to upgrade all of your system components. Next, install CWM over and finally install this. Make sure you are using the XXDMC2 one from me so all the addons will be also supported.

Reactions: St0n3s

St0n3s

Jan 17, 2012
If you are coming from 4.0.4, I would get the latest 4.1.x official ROM for your region and install it to upgrade all of your system components. Next, install CWM over and finally install this. Make sure you are using the XXDMC2 one from me so all the addons will be also supported.

Where do i find the latest or suggested clockworkmod?

filipepferraz

Oct 17, 2010
Hi, I recently bought the galaxy tab 2 p3113 and this weekend starts to test differents ROMs.
Unfortunately all ROMs in version 4.2.2 don't have support for the IR blaster (for now I really don't use that function, but I like to play with embedded devices programming and is a really nice function to play with Android + Arduino or Raspberry).
Congratulations about your excellent work in this ROM, I installed in the Sunday and test a lot, apparently everything is working really smooth in p3113.
Can you provide another link to Tablet UI Xposed module, App Settings Xposed module and Xposed Module? I tried to download this modules but apparently all links are down.
Thank you very much :good:

Tsjoklat

Apr 5, 2010
Thanks for the positive feedback.

links to current versions of XPosed framework should be available in the thread here on xda.

I have posted a copy of the TabletUI module here in this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41583916&postcount=84

Attached is also the App Settings module, but you might not really need this one unless you want to change the size of the navigation bar.

Last edited:

filipepferraz

Oct 17, 2010
Thank you very much. I tried to install the XPosed framework and the TabletUi but now my tablet keep rebooting. I will try to make a wipe in cache.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

links to current versions of XPosed framework should be available in the thread here on xda.

I have posted a copy of the TabletUI module here in this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41583916&postcount=84

Attached is also the App Settings module, but you might not really need this one unless you want to change the size of the navigation bar.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

The framework install oks, but when I try to install de TableUI the tablet keep rebooting.
I tried a full wipe.

Tsjoklat

Apr 5, 2010
Thank you very much. I tried to install the XPosed framework and the TabletUi but now my tablet keep rebooting. I will try to make a wipe in cache.

I think that might have to do with superuser. Try updating superuser to 1.0.8 from the play store. Also, make sure that xposed is latest version.

edit: when I first started testing xposed, I had the same issue you are describing. When I updated to the latest version of xposed, the problem seemed to be fixed. I wonder now what is triggering the reboot issue when enabling modules in xposed.

Last edited:

filipepferraz

Oct 17, 2010
I tried again with the superuser and xposed framework updated but still no success. What is the lastest version of themeui?
Maybe can be a conflict with p3113?

Tsjoklat

Apr 5, 2010
I tried again with the superuser and xposed framework updated but still no success. What is the lastest version of themeui?
Maybe can be a conflict with p3113?

I think only one version was ever posted. But, I still think the problem is with xposed. It is almost as if xposed doesn't function properly unless there is the right cache available to it. Maybe that is why it started working about a week after I had reinstalled my ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Presenting, MicroDelta stock based JB 4.1.2 ROM (P3110XXDME3) for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3110 and P3113 (see addons for more information on P3113 infrared support). There are no performance enhancing init.d scripts or system tweaks applied to this ROM. Everything should be as close to stock as possible. All customizations for this ROM will be provided below as independent addons.

• JB 4.1.2
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Busybox 1.20.2r2 with statically linked binary (Resource: https://code.google.com/p/yangapp/downloads/detail?name=busybox-1.20.2r2)
    • Superuser 1.0.1.8 by ClockworkMod is now default superuser application. This version is chosen because it is fully working, free, and open source. Resource: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.superuser ** Note** XXDMA2 release uses SuperSU 1.25 (Resource: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053)
    • Kernel init.d support added to stock ramdisk. Note: The init.d support in this ROM is triggered by a patch to init.rc in the ramdisk (instead of the alternate "install-recovery.sh" init.d trigger method). The alternate "install-recovery.sh" init.d trigger method is not used in this ROM because it can conflict with the init.d support provided by other custom kernels and cause the init.d scripts to be executed twice.
    • Note: The modified version of Google Play Store is now supplied separately with latest release (XXDME3). See attachments below for flashable zip to install this version of the modified Play Store. Google Play Store 3.4.7 (/system/app/Phonesky.apk) added and modified to skip automatic internal self update (Google has permanently disabled Ti Backup's ability to attach and detach applications in the Play Store after version 3.4.7, so the Google Play Store has been modified to not internally update itself automatically without notification or permission). Resource: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1580827
    • Startup and Shutdown sound files renamed with "bak" extension to prevent execution (these two sound files can be changed back to their original names to enable the default startup and shutdown sounds again).
      1. /system/media/audio/ui/PowerOff.ogg
      2. /system/media/audio/ui/PowerOn.ogg
    • Sysro and sysrw scripts added to /system/xbin for easy command line interface.

No default applications have been removed from this ROM. I find it safer to use Ti Backup and freeze the applications that I do not want to use, instead of removing them. Here is a list of the applications that I recommend freezing with Ti Backup in this ROM:

• AllShare Play
    • AllShare Service
    • ChatON
    • Game Hub
    • Google Play Magazines
    • Google Play Music
    • Kobo
    • Music Hub
    • PressReader
    • Readers Hub
    • S Suggest
    • Samsung Apps
    • Samsung Push Service
    • Software update
    • Video Hub
    • Zinio

Notes on Tablet UI:

For the "Tablet UI", I recommend using Xposed Framework. Resource: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24267797

After setting up Xposed framework, install the "TabletUI" and "App Settings" Xposed modules. Activate both Xposed modules and use the App Settings Xposed module to control the DPI of the SystemUI (with a range of 134 to 160 DPI). Any DPI setting for the SystemUI that is lower than 134, while the TabletUI Xposed module is also activated, will cause the SystemUI to report an error. DPI 145 seems to be optimal size because this is as low as it can go before the long press on the home button works with Google Now.

Tablet UI Xposed module: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/threads/tabletui-trigger.5527/ or http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41583916&postcount=84
    App Settings Xposed module: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/threads/app-settings.5486/ or http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41891726&postcount=116
    Xposed Module Homepage: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/forums/xposed_framework_mods/

You must use Xposed Framework >= v2.1.4 (along with the TabletUI module) for this to work properly with this ROM.

Notes on custom kernels:

This ROM should work as a good base for testing custom kernels. There are many to choose from, but the KK Boot image works very well (thanks ketut.kumajaya). Reference: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1855700

Recommended Installation:

** If you are already running a stock 4.1.x ROM, then there is no need to wipe the data/cache. Just flash over the top of the previous installation without wiping.

** If you are currently using an AOKP or CM based ROM, then a wipe of the data/cache after installation is required.

Special thanks to everyone here on XDA that helped me put this together. Attached below is a text file (MicroDelta-P3110-JB-4.1.2-P3110XXDME3.txt) with the MD5 and link to the ROM. I have also attached a few custom MicroDelta (and alternate Deltadroid) bootanimations and wallpapers for your Home and lock screen. Enjoy.

Additional Addons:

Attached below is also a ClockworkMod flashable zip (MicroDelta-JB-4.1.2-P3110XXDME3-stock-kernel-init.d-bootanimation-signed.zip) of the stock kernel with init.d support plus additional custom bootanimation support. The kernel package also comes with a custom MicroDelta bootanimation which is installed to /system/media/bootanimation.zip. Note: This kernel package with bootanimation support will also work with a P3113. Edit: Added alternate bootanimation with kernel called Deltadroid.

Additionally, attached below is a text file (MicroDelta-P3113-JB-4.1.2-P3113XXDME3.txt) that contains the MD5 and link to a ClockworkMod flashable zip for P3113 support. The flashable zip will modify build.prop on the MicroDelta ROM so that Settings->About will display the correct P3113 model number. Also, this flashable zip will install the Peel Infrared support for the P3113. Flash the zip over the top of the P3110 MicroDelta ROM to install.

The extended 4-Way Reboot menu modification has been added below as a flashable ClockworkMod zip. This modification alters android.policy.jar and integrates the extended reboot menu into the system. Credits to kahvitahra for posting a howto.

In addition to the 4-Way Reboot menu modification, the Back2Kill mod is also available for android.policy.jar (allows you to long press the back key to kill current running applications). This modification is combined with the 4-Way Reboot Modification because both of these modifications are changing the same file. Credits to Mirko ddd for posting a howto.

The Ripple lockscreen has been added below as a flashable ClockworkMod zip. This modification alters framework-res.apk and services.jar to integrate the Ripple lockscreen. Credits to txr33 for posting a howto.

The stock video player also comes as an addon with transparent control buttons (play,ff,rw) and support for bluetooth control (pause,ff,rw,next track,previous track).

Provided below are three different options for altering the user interface (for both p3110 and p3113):

1) JB-black-statusbar-icons: change the Touchwiz status bar to black and the status bar icons to the default Jelly Bean icon set for the wifi, battery, and bluetooth. Also, change the notification panel to a black background with Jelly Bean blue accents. Works in PhabletUI and TabletUI.

2) JB-nominiapps-black-statusbar-icons: Same as option #1 plus removes the mini applications "arrow" that exists in the middle of the navigation bar (so that the TabletUI modification has more room for the soft keys). Works in PhabletUI and TableUI.

3) JB-nominiapps: Keep the default Touchwiz status bar and icon set. Only remove the mini applications "arrow".

All MicroDelta 4.1.2 Roms and modifications can be found here:
    MicroDelta 4.1.2 File Repository

Yes, I'm in the final testing stages now. I will start uploading in about 10 minutes and create a new MicroDelta 4.2.2 thread.
    Remove Miniapps

I have figured out how to remove the miniapps arrow on the navigation bar without causing any problems with the video player and other system applications. I posted the following file which will work in both TabletUI and PhabletUI and it will make the status bar black and also install the default Jelly Bean status bar icons for the wifi, battery, and bluetooth.

Link to flashable zip for no miniapps and jelly bean status bar icons

Code:
    diff -ru SystemUI.orig/res/layout/tw_system_bar.xml SystemUI/res/layout/tw_system_bar.xml
    --- SystemUI.orig/res/layout/tw_system_bar.xml	2013-04-27 04:03:05.814778319 +0200
    +++ SystemUI/res/layout/tw_system_bar.xml	2013-04-27 04:25:05.858777314 +0200
    @@ -13,7 +13,6 @@
                         <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.QuickLaunchKeyButtonView android:id="@id/quick_launch" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/tw_ic_sysbar_capture" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_capture" />
                         <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/menu" android:visibility="invisible" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/tw_ic_sysbar_menu" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_menu" systemui:keyCode="82" />
                     </LinearLayout>
    -                <ImageView android:id="@id/traybar_handler" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/traybar_handler" android:layout_centerInParent="true" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_open_traybar" />
                     <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.EventHole android:id="@id/fake_space_bar" android:paddingLeft="8.0dip" android:paddingRight="8.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/notificationArea" android:layout_toRightOf="@id/navigationArea" />
                 </RelativeLayout>
             </FrameLayout>
    diff -ru SystemUI.orig/res/layout-sw600dp/tw_navi_bar.xml SystemUI/res/layout-sw600dp/tw_navi_bar.xml
    --- SystemUI.orig/res/layout-sw600dp/tw_navi_bar.xml	2013-04-27 04:03:06.330778319 +0200
    +++ SystemUI/res/layout-sw600dp/tw_navi_bar.xml	2013-04-27 04:27:50.670777163 +0200
    @@ -9,7 +9,6 @@
                     <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/recent_apps" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginLeft="50.0dip" android:src="@drawable/tw_navigationbar_recent" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_recent" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/tw_sysbar_highlight" />
                     <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/home" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginLeft="50.0dip" android:src="@drawable/tw_navigationbar_home" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_home" systemui:keyCode="3" systemui:keyRepeat="true" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/tw_sysbar_highlight" />
                     <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/back" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginLeft="50.0dip" android:src="@drawable/tw_navigationbar_back" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_back" systemui:keyCode="4" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/tw_sysbar_highlight" />
    -                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/traybar_handler0" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="80.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginLeft="50.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="0.0dip" android:src="@drawable/traybar_handler" android:layout_centerInParent="true" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_open_traybar" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/tw_sysbar_highlight" />
                 </LinearLayout>
                 <LinearLayout android:gravity="right" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/lights_out" android:background="@drawable/tw_navigationbar_bg" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                     <ImageView android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="80.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lights_out_dot_large" android:scaleType="center" />
    @@ -26,7 +25,6 @@
                     <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/recent_apps" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginLeft="262.0dip" android:src="@drawable/tw_navigationbar_recent" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_recent" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/tw_sysbar_highlight" />
                     <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/home" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginLeft="50.0dip" android:src="@drawable/tw_navigationbar_home" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_home" systemui:keyCode="3" systemui:keyRepeat="true" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/tw_sysbar_highlight" />
                     <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/back" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="50.0dip" android:src="@drawable/tw_navigationbar_back" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_back" systemui:keyCode="4" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/tw_sysbar_highlight" />
    -                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/traybar_handler90" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="80.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginLeft="262.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="0.0dip" android:src="@drawable/traybar_handler" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_open_traybar" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/tw_sysbar_highlight" />
                 </LinearLayout>
                 <LinearLayout android:gravity="right" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/lights_out" android:background="@drawable/tw_navigationbar_bg" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                     <ImageView android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="80.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lights_out_dot_large" android:scaleType="center" />

TabletUI is much nicer now that all the buttons fit in portrait mode. Those miniapps were in the way. I recommend this modification with just the TabletUI Xposed framework. Attached is a screenshot.

Edit: see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41045560&postcount=62 for new patch that fixes softkey alignment in PhabletUI.
    Screenshots of PhabletUI and TabletUI:
    I have just added XXDME3 ROM to the 2nd post. This is the latest release from sammobile.com. Enjoy.

Upgrade instructions: Just install on top of previous MicroDelta release to upgrade. No need to clear data or cache.