[ROM][4.1.2]Slim Bean 3.0 (Crespo) [All Languages]

Search This thread

jark99

Sep 17, 2010
Changed from Androxide & AIR Kernel #171 to SlimBean 2.6 & marmite 4.8, this is running brilliantly. No crashes, no hang times, and battery life is noticeably much more improved.
The only defect I can point out right now is that the clock style function doesn't work (displaying the PM/AM regular/small) that's about it

Nice! I I'm still trying to decide what is better with this rom, marmite or air /

Sent from my Nexus S

xis123

Oct 9, 2010
Nice! I I'm still trying to decide what is better with this rom, marmite or air /

Sent from my Nexus S

Well AIR has more governor / i/o schedulers for you to pick and marmite has just cfq as the i/o & smartassv2/ondemand/performance as governors.

I found with AIR Kernel I had a lot of freezes, especially switching on/off, and it would randomly restart at times, though it has deep idle if that tickles your fancy.

The author of marmite kernel has claimed that 4.8 is a stable version (due to his confidence in this revision) I can attest to that, it has been smooth and stable so far with cfq / smartassv2!

I'm using SetCPU and limiting screen off to 400mhz max ondemand, and screenon 1000mhz smartassv2 as an alternative to SetCPU!

Go marmite, you won't regret it man!

Reactions: jark99

kaolick

Jan 19, 2011
Münster
Does anyone else have the problem that Sound search is gone after each reboot? I can use the defrosting method from Titanium to get it back but it vanishes after reboot. What can I do to get it back permanently?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Has anyone an idea? I still couldn't fix that. :confused:

B

bedalus

Well AIR has more governor / i/o schedulers for you to pick and marmite has just cfq as the i/o & smartassv2/ondemand/performance as governors.

It's fun to play with schedulers and governors. I did that, recorded the results and published benchmarks (see my signature for the link). But once you've played with them, you realise which aren't useful. In my kernel things have been removed after a great deal of study and thought.

Hamletiano

Nov 7, 2011
i have had 2 random reboots today. what can i do to fix it?
thanks.

Which kernel are u using?

I got the rom installed since it was released (well, to be honest a couple of days before):p and never had a reboot...

Also using it with Bedalus kernel... smooth as butter, amazing performance and best battery life ive ever had with my nexus s...

entonjackson

Dec 27, 2010
Which kernel are u using?

I got the rom installed since it was released (well, to be honest a couple of days before):p and never had a reboot...

Also using it with Bedalus kernel... smooth as butter, amazing performance and best battery life ive ever had with my nexus s...

I'm using the stock kernel, with the default settings.
I think i will flash the Marmite kernel this evening, in hope to get rid of the reboots.

Hamletiano

Nov 7, 2011
By the way,

@Krarvind,

Slimteam and Cía´s work is amazing.

However i have been missing something that really impressed me today, when i had the chance of trying this AIO package (inverted gapps, themed framework,etc...dedicated for the slim roms). Before i used to use theme chooser, but gsm became always slower, not at all with this AIO and the result is more than beautiful imho.

Since it is not posted in Slimroms.net, i think you should update it with this thread asap in order to avoid that more people miss it or why now, a short link in OP? :D

If anybody wants to have a look to it, please visit this thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1911941

Reactions: tchaari

taruntyagi1981

Jan 6, 2012
Gurgaon
can anybody tell me how to change the dpi.. its all too small.. cant see things very clearly.. need to focus a lot !.. please help..

entonjackson

Dec 27, 2010
can anybody tell me how to change the dpi.. its all too small.. cant see things very clearly.. need to focus a lot !.. please help..

Before some clever guy will come around and tell you, that you are polluting the thread... go to Settings -> Developer Settings -> LCD density. Choose 240 as the default StockROM density and do a reboot.

taruntyagi1981

Jan 6, 2012
Gurgaon
Currently using this Slim ROM + Marmite kernel +Touchwiz addon ..!! n I am loving my Nexus .. :D :D :D
Thanks for such a wonderful ROM .. No bloatware !!! Pure pleasure ;)

xis123

Oct 9, 2010
Hi,

I have encountered a bug with the Camera app,
When I take a photo it appears to take it twice (the transition of the photo going to the gallery happens twice) where in fact it only takes it once.
This is off a fresh install (I reinstalled it clean just to triple-check)

Does anyone else have this problem?

Skyline969

Jan 10, 2011

I found with AIR Kernel I had a lot of freezes, especially switching on/off, and it would randomly restart at times, though it has deep idle if that tickles your fancy.

The author of marmite kernel has claimed that 4.8 is a stable version (due to his confidence in this revision) I can attest to that, it has been smooth and stable so far with cfq / smartassv2!

I'm using SetCPU and limiting screen off to 400mhz max ondemand, and screenon 1000mhz smartassv2 as an alternative to SetCPU!

Go marmite, you won't regret it man!

Personally I've found Matr1x 23.0 to be awesome with Slim Bean. This ROM and that kernel have breathed new life into my phone, delaying my purchase of a new one for some time!

Reactions: apatal

Big Dog KMc

May 11, 2010
Hi,

I have encountered a bug with the Camera app,
When I take a photo it appears to take it twice (the transition of the photo going to the gallery happens twice) where in fact it only takes it once.
This is off a fresh install (I reinstalled it clean just to triple-check)

Does anyone else have this problem?

Works Fine for me.

Both Stock Camera and Camera ICS+

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP.png
    Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
    2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
    3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
    4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Check out our feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Instructions
    For installation instructions please check here
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in Changelog

Downloads
    Get our latest rom here. You can get Slim Gapps and other addons from here.

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Bug list
    For a list of confirmed bugs look here

Thanks!
    Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
    Many thanks to bedalus for his kernel sources.
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the source code.
    Read changelog, installation instructions, known issues ( via changelog) etc. Have fun.

Ver 2.0:
    If update me bothers you saying there is a newer version 4.2 ( its' for ICS). just flash this fix
    http://nfye.eu/Slim/JB/Fixes/2.0_Fixes/Crespo_2.0_UpdateMe_Version_Fix.zip
    Ok fellas, 2.2 released. Please read the changelog carefully and get the download from download tab on the website. This release needed a lot of effort would be an understatement that my betas would appreciate. Anyway show support via thanks/donate. Please don't fill up the thread with known issues and minor issues.Cheers
    Thank you guys for your patience.
    Slim Bean 3.0 is live with a very nice changelog (http://www.slimroms.net/).
    Read it carefully please and enjoy.
    Slim Bean team worked very hard on this release I hope you like it ;)
    @all: 2.3 released. Read how to install and flash camera patch on top. Finally hut thanks button fellas, don't hesitate :)
    Hit tchaari thanks button for compiling crespo

sent from slimmed i747