[ROM] [4.1.2] Slim Bean-d2spr - 3.1 [11-30-2012] [All languages]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX

For those new to SlimROMs Please READ the OP and Installation Instructions on the website.
Flashing another set of Gapps WILL cause Play Store ERRORS due to DPI and Modded Play Store being replaced by Gapps you flashed.

SlimBeanOP.png
Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
  2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
  3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
  4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Check out our feature list here

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Instructions
For installation instructions please check here
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in Changelog

Downloads
Get our latest rom here. You can get Slim Gapps and other addons from here.

FAQ
Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Bug list
For a list of confirmed bugs look here

Thanks!
Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
You can find the full list of credits here

Source
Please visit here for the source code.

Last edited:

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Want to flash another Kernel, such as KT? Install/flash the attached zip in same session as your Kernel Flash

I interoperated fixes for the power button issue, not the revert that is currently being used by Kernel devs. The fixes I interoperated are not "officially" merged into CM, thats why Kernel devs dont have what it needs to light the display of Slim. I guess this is my bad for trying to be ahead of the game :p

Flashing the attached file in the same recovery session as your kernel flash will "light the display". This is tested with KT, not tested with LK...

Attachments

• SlimBean-d2-HWcomposer-msm8960-revert.zip
    150.1 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

DatDude123

Aug 15, 2011
VA
Dying in anticipation......haven't rocked slim bean in months....and obviously never on this device.....

Not saying first.

D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

r.suchil2

Sep 16, 2012
Sacramento
This has been in the Q&A section of the Sprint Galaxy S3 forum for a while now ;) but thanks for the port Cordell. I really appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

I was replying to the guys comment above mine by the way haha

DatDude123

Aug 15, 2011
VA
This has been in the Q&A section of the Sprint Galaxy S3 forum for a while now ;) but thanks for the port Cordell. I really appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

I was replying to the guys comment above mine by the way haha

This ROM has been in Q&A?

D

Sent from my Slider SL101 using xda premium

DatDude123

Aug 15, 2011
VA
Dangit, I wish I would have known that. I need to browse this app way more than I do. Thanks for the heads up.

D

r.suchil2

Sep 16, 2012
Sacramento
Dangit, I wish I would have known that. I need to browse this app way more than I do. Thanks for the heads up.

D

Hahaha sorry, its actually been in the Q&A section of the forum. Its like 7 am where I am so sorry for the confusion. Bottom line is that it was in one of the other sections for the forum but it was for sure in the Q&A section. :)
:thumbup:

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
Looks pretty cool. I always love some of the different variations of AOSP ROMs. I have a small punch list of things to check if they work for my needs. The toughest one will be around the eHRPD issues in most AOSP ROMs to this point.

I may get a chance to test this out tonight, and I'll certainly report back if I do.

Reactions: cordell12

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
SlimBean 3.0 is out. Please read carefully changelog here:

http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/changelog

Choose and download device zip here:

http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/all/viewcategory/68-device

and follow the changelog instructions.

Some words to the new features and gapps.

If you use stock gapps you don't need to update them!! If you are on a fresh install (wipe/data and format system) download here:
http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/all/viewcategory/91-addons-full-packages

If you use inverted gapps there are to possibilities:

1. you are on a fresh install -> download packages here:
http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/all/viewcategory/106-inverted-addons-full-packages

2. you had already installed 2.9 or 2.8 inverted gapps -> download update packages here:
http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/all/viewcategory/107-inverted-addons-upgrade

Fix for MMS Force Cloces is under Fixes in the Device Folder @ www.slimroms.net

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For those new to SlimROMs Please READ the OP and Installation Instructions on the website.
    Flashing another set of Gapps WILL cause Play Store ERRORS due to DPI and Modded Play Store being replaced by Gapps you flashed.

SlimBeanOP.png
    Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
    2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
    3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
    4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Check out our feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Instructions
    For installation instructions please check here
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in Changelog

Downloads
    Get our latest rom here. You can get Slim Gapps and other addons from here.

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Bug list
    For a list of confirmed bugs look here

Thanks!
    Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the source code.
    I do have a 4.2 build for d2vzw and d2spr, its up to date with the rest of the Slim devices. I will go a head and upload it to be released with the rest of Slimbean 4.2 betas. I cant promise anything on where it goes from there, I will try to keep this fit into my daily schedule. Yesterday I spent nearly 18 hours working on the two devices, that is what made me step back and think about this whole android thing. Between work, family, and "real world life" android takes a big chunk out of the day/night. Either way this thread will remain open, look for a new thread that will have the 4.2 beta, this afternoon (?)

Again,
    Thanks for the support!
    If LTE hand-off issue gets squashed before 4.2 is released then yes I will fire up a build with that included. I do want to say I gave a 4.2 Alpha (was compiled by a Team member, and very alpha stage!) out, got a few logcats from it and am going from there. I also want to point out that the 4.2 d2spr was booting before d2vzw (my device) :eek: I have yet to get 4.2 booted on the d2vzw, hopefully that will change very soon!

I know some of you voted this thread to the front page of XDA, seems we need more votes to make it though. For those who are unsure how to do this, you will see a link called "Newsworthy Thread" at the top right-hand side of the web page ;)

Thanks!
    I see everyone found 3.1, sorry I didnt get it posted sooner. Didnt get done with my route till 8 or so, then had to drive to our warehouse for End of Month Inventory, long night

Here is 3.1 Change Log

Features

Notification Sound Toggle in PowerWidget
    Custom backgrounds & transparencies added to Notification drawer background & rows
    Settings Spanish translations (many thanks for Hamletiano)

Changes

Lockscreen background transparency moved to background customization and works on the fly now
    Lockscreen background 0-100% alpha can be activated on colorfill and custom background
    Lockscreen clock moved in settings to widget behaviour. Style could be customized now + hidden feature
    Optimus and BB lockscreen can now be colored and you can change transparency as you like
    Optimus background settings deleted cause of new stock background customization ability
    Ability to choose a custom lockscreen before secure lockscreens
    Vibration support for optimus and BB lockscreen
    Whole lockscreen settings are working dynamically now and show just what is possible to customize
    Notification drawer - transparency of notification row can be set
    Notification drawer - add support for custom landscape background
    Notification drawer - add support for background color fill
    Notification drawer - reset of background image not any longer over menu
    Notification drawer - moved whole style options in style category @settings
    Volume key cursor now affects all keyboards

Fixes

System - Turn off screen fails sometimes
    System - Transparency standard value of statusbar to 0%
    MMS - Settings option black theme function back
    Lockscreen - Several music transport control fixes
    Lockscreen - BB tablet support
    Lockscreen - Peformance improvements for optimus lockscreen on hdpi devices
    Lockscreen - Owner info shows on lockscreen
    Notification drawer - Dotted circle battery in notification drawer
    Notification drawer - Custom background image landscape (scales now)
    Notification drawer - Stock background at 0% transparency is now properly opaque

Power Button wake issue is squashed, however it may return if you use another Kernel
    Can someone check MMS for me real quick?
    Thanks

Edit...

Link pulled until release, today ;)