• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][4.1.2][STABLE] CyanogenMod 10 ♦ Josteink's Nightly Builds

Search This thread

jacobsensei

Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
Re: [ROM][4.1.2][STABLE] CyanogenMod 10 ♦ Gierdo's Nightly Builds

I go home right now... and test it :)
I'll give you my feedback in about 1 hour ^^

I've just finish testing, and no issue with HDMI and audio. The sound is on the TV, not the tablet !
Your HDMI cable may be broken ? can you test with another one ?

Are you talking about CM10 nightlies? What date?

My HDMI audio works fine on this (Gierdo's) Rom, so I know the cable is fine.

Sent from my Transformer

Last edited:

MJPollard

Sep 14, 2011
Wixom, Michigan
All I'm doing is creating CM10 builds with the latest CM10 sources and the device-tree created by RaymanFX.
I'd be interested in knowing how to do this. I already have a Linux distro set up on my (unused until now) laptop and have successfully built working CM10 releases from the official CyanogenMod repository, but I'd like to incorporate RaymanFX's device tree for a better experience on my TF101 (strictly for my own private use, like you). Having 30+ years of computer knowledge still doesn't help when you don't know something, and in this case, it's unfamiliarity with the nuances of git/repo/etc. :) If you could PM me with the steps needed to incorporate RaymanFX's device tree into my own setup--I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking--I'd greatly appreciate the help (I don't want to clutter up the thread), and it would further my knowledge for future projects. Thanks in advance!

waywardfrantz

Jan 27, 2012

I would really recommend not getting the latest official nightly (gierdos is fine). I lost my dock battery icon and twrp recovery got corrupted. On screen keyboard kept displaying too, even when docked, so I don't think they tested this thoroughly enough on our device. Once I noticed the dock icon was gone i said screw it and reflashed my recovery gierdos 0117.

Sent from TF101 running cm10 gierdo/kat

Last edited:

jacobsensei

Mar 1, 2011
East Coast

Yes, I'm on CM10 nightly, 20130117 build (see my signature ^^)
I think i'll install the 20130120 in the week end !

I've checked on CM - get.cm, there is no 1/17 build, there's the 1/20 and before that 1/14.

I'm talking about strictly CM builds not having working HDMI audio.

Edit: Just tried the CM 1/20 build, still not working for me.

Thanks, anyway.

Sent from my ADR6300

Last edited:

Thor_Asgard

Apr 19, 2008
Tours
I'd be interested in knowing how to do this. I already have a Linux distro set up on my (unused until now) laptop and have successfully built working CM10 releases from the official CyanogenMod repository, but I'd like to incorporate RaymanFX's device tree for a better experience on my TF101 (strictly for my own private use, like you). Having 30+ years of computer knowledge still doesn't help when you don't know something, and in this case, it's unfamiliarity with the nuances of git/repo/etc. :) If you could PM me with the steps needed to incorporate RaymanFX's device tree into my own setup--I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking--I'd greatly appreciate the help (I don't want to clutter up the thread), and it would further my knowledge for future projects. Thanks in advance!

I'm interested too to know how to do it. Where are the repo you use, etc...

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo

I just followed this guide here:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/index.p...1#Build_CyanogenMod_and_ClockworkMod_Recovery

But instead of taking it bare bones as it was, I overrided the devive/asus/tf101 device tree with RaymanFX's tree using a local_manifests.xml-file:
https://github.com/RaymanFX/device_asus_tf101

After a while I made some extremely tiny changes, and to do things proper, I forked his repo into this:
https://github.com/josteink/device_asus_tf101

And that's it. It's not really magic.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo

Would you recommend flashing 20130125 directly over 20130111?
Will I loose some data or functionality? Are there any important changes between these 2 roms?

Only change seems to be camera-related stuff. I see nothing wrong with flashing over the old one. You shouldn't lose and data or functionality.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: lujo_zgb

newbie_vlc

Jul 22, 2008

I installed these ROM and I have my first doubt.

Why the microsd is recognized like /sdcard1 and apps don't show the microsd.

If I use total commander I can see both memories, althought if I try to use polaris or other apps, I only saw internal memory.

Thank for all

Enviado desde mi Transformer usando Tapatalk 2

waywardfrantz

Jan 27, 2012

have you found a 4.2 that is reasonably customizable? it seems to me to be a much better phone build and i couldn't change the eos one around to something that looked as nice on tablet as this 4.1 build.

I have tried every way of installing i know, just straight flashing, wiping cache/dalvik (both before and after), flashing gapps and not, factory reset, factory reset + wiping system. I must have missed some permutation of these options because none of the things i tried have worked.

the option i was most confident with was wiping cache/dalvik and then flashing rom/gapps/kernel,then rewiping cache/dalvik. but no such luck.

Sent from TF101 running cm10 gierdo/kat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to an unofficial, yet stable CyanogenMod 10 JellyBean release !

cid.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h> 
    /*  
     * Your warranty is now void.  
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear  
     * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these  
     * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and  
     * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will  
     * laugh at you.  Loud and hard.
     */

I compiled this from source, using my own device tree, modified to cope with the need of cyanogenmod.
    As always, an overclockable, stable and speedy kernel is included.

Why did I build this ?

Because the current (official) CM10 releases are way to unstable and sluggish to be usable.
    I reviewed their code on GitHub and noticed many outdated libraries as well as an outdated kernel.

I even added on some more features, like full dock support !

You do have:

• Dock battery symbol in the navbar
    • Dock battery percentage in the navbar
    • Fully working lid system (when you close the lid, the device goes to suspend mode, like it does in asus releases)
    • Fully working CyanogenMod reboot menu - reboot to recovery option does that exactly.

WORKING:

• Android 4.1.1 system
    • WiFi
    • GPS
    • Sound
    • Bluetooth
    • Full H/W acceleration
    • OMX
    • Rotation
    • VooDoo Sound Improvements
    • External SD Card
    • Overclocking up to 1.6 GHZ
    • CIFS/TUN/XPAD/FF-MEMLESS modular support
    • Dock function keys are 100% functional !
    • NTFS automounting does finally work !
    • No more greyish overlay when browsing forums, etc !
    • HDMI Audio [b2]
    • Bluetooth Audio [b2]
    • New CM10 bootanimation [b2]
    • Use all LINARO optimizations (rom) [b2]
    • Enhanced SIO (Simple I/O) Scheduler [b2]
    • Fully reworked kernel with better 2D/3D performance, undervolting support, RR and SOD fixes [b3]
    • Added governors: lazy, lionheart, lulzactive [b3]
    • New DAC audio filter and WM8903 codecs - better noise reduction [b3]
    • Kernel fix to invert the ASUS-inverted lid control - thanks K900 [b3]
    • Tweak: raymanfx_services init.d script - gives you cifs/tun/modules access and mounts the system R/W [b3]
    • Static Voltage Scaling (SVS) to support undervolting through apps - Use 'Voltage Control' from play store [b4]
    • Rotation (was broken because of K900's new fix, now fixed again) [b4]
    • Increased voltages (1.5 GHZ & 1.6 GHZ stable again) [b4]
    • 1080p playback improvements (some codecs may stutter more than others) [b4]
    • Fixed a bug when changing governors [b5]
    • CyanogenMod upstream changes [b5]
    • kernel improvements [b5]
    • Android 4.1.2 (JZO54K) [v6]
    • Since this is stable enough, we move away from beta version names. Current and later versions will be named (v#), # being the version number [v6]
    • Better memory management, hopefully fixing that strange lockscreen bug some users were having [v6]
    • Performance inprovements [v6]
    • Linux 2.X kernel upstream updates [v6]
    • CM10 updates - THANKS to gierdo for providing this, built from my sources! [v7]

FIXES:

• WiFi wake issue
      Code:
      settings
      wifi
      use the drop down menu which is found by tapping the additional options  in the top right corner of the screen and select "advanced"
      tap on the "keep wifi on during sleep" option
      select "always"
      - Thanks to scottyf79 for spotting this !

NOT WORKING:

• NTFS R/W
    • 3G

S I G N A T U R E S

--- SCOTTYF79 FTW ---

fba940db-8634-44cd-9eb6-d08377fae8a2.jpg

60c28b55-ba5e-499b-851d-cf2de4a0e046.jpg

136251d5-8cf9-4501-8b48-e9267b2d5e9f.jpg

--- DEVOURDARKNESS FTW ---

bwmxz.jpg

lll DOWNLOADS lll

DOWNLOADS AT

LATEST NIGHTLY BY JOSTEINK
    LINK [NIGHTLY]

GAPPS ?
    READ THIS !
    lll CREDITS lll

CREDITS GO TO

Timduru
    Roach2010
    Team Douche (CM)
    Ricardo Cerqueira (CM)
    So is this considered a "better" release than your AOSP release? What's different?

Well, you know, it's CyanogenMod, mate !
    More features, more awesome controls, more bugfixes, etc.

Overclock to 1.6, so i assume kernel is included. How about gapp, do we need to flash it after flashing the rom?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

Yeah, my homebrew kernel is included, but I started it from scratch, just for a stable, exclusive CyanogenMod 10 release !
    Since this is a aftermarket firmware (anything other than pure vanilla AOSP is) I am not allowed to include the Google Apps.
    Download them and flash them manually.
    BETA3 AVAILABLE ! lll CAUTION FOR K.A.T. !

I am very proud to announce the final release of beta3.

This version includes several bugfixes and of course upstream updates from CM.

BUT the most important is the new kernel, it's being rebuilt from the ground up by me.
    Stable OC/UV should be given this time.
    I also added the main framework for undervolting.
    Undervolting through apps from paly store will be possible in b4 !

CAUTION: DO NOT FLASH K.A.T KERNEL ANYMORE.
    It's useless now, trust me. Besides, it will render your device useless this time because it doesn't have the new gpio asusec driver.

Happy flashing, as always ! :)