[ROM][4.1.2][WEEKLY] Official CyanogenMod 10 for HTC Holiday (Vivid/Raider/Velocity)

Search This thread

TheROMGuy

Jan 5, 2013
williamsburg
Running setup-makefiles.sh will write the vendor-blobs.Mk. you should run it after initial sync or after a repo sync to be sure.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

so after I run . setup-makefiles.sh and that should fix the whole
"make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/htc/holiday/proprietary/init', needed by `/home/developing/Source/out/target/product/holiday/system/init'. Stop." right?

detain

Jul 28, 2013
so after I run . setup-makefiles.sh and that should fix the whole
"make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/htc/holiday/proprietary/init', needed by `/home/developing/Source/out/target/product/holiday/system/init'. Stop." right?

On your phone using a file explorer, copy the /init file to /system/init ,if you do that it will copy it properly with adb, or manually just copy the file off your phone to the build directory /vendor/htc/holiday/proprietary/ directory and it will work

Super786

Nov 1, 2009
So yesterday my internal storage disappeared phone was just on my desk it soft rebooted on its own ....so I had to unroot and go back to stock think I will stay that way till there's a call volume fix....this is a great Rom but I still prefer stock ics for this phone

Sent via my HTC VIVID 4G

searius

Dec 3, 2009
Thessaloniki
Hi guys!
I have a problem with CM.
I am S-off now and after I installed zip file with TWRM I can not use the phone.It is freezed and after 30 sec it restarts itself?
I was on GB before and installed by myself ICS HBOOT - 1.85.2525 from JuopunutBear site!

I fixed it!
I need first to update to ICS stock Rom and Hboot to 1.85.0025 and after that everything was ok!

Last edited:

BTJustice

Nov 16, 2011
Video Issues

I like to use apps like BeWeather and Trapster. In BeWeather, the animations have artifacts and are jumpy. In Trapster, the maps are extremely erratic. I did the video fix mentioned, but it has no effect for these apps.

ddunleavy2

Jun 28, 2013
So yesterday my internal storage disappeared phone was just on my desk it soft rebooted on its own ....so I had to unroot and go back to stock think I will stay that way till there's a call volume fix....this is a great Rom but I still prefer stock ics for this phone

Sent via my HTC VIVID 4G

I want to do the same but unsure how I go back. I can muddle my way through adding new roms as the day is long but how do I go about going back to stock? Do I do it via RUU? Thanks

EDIT: Where can I find changelog for latest nightly (10-6-2013) for HTC Raider/Holiday/Vivid? Looked on Cyanogen site but unable to find it.

Thanks again

Last edited:

kkruglov

May 4, 2012
Sevastopol
win7design.ru
I want to do the same but unsure how I go back. I can muddle my way through adding new roms as the day is long but how do I go about going back to stock? Do I do it via RUU? Thanks

EDIT: Where can I find changelog for latest nightly (10-6-2013) for HTC Raider/Holiday/Vivid? Looked on Cyanogen site but unable to find it.

Thanks again

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/holiday/1374998833

there is no interesting changes, this device is not maintaining as it should or can be..

Super786

Nov 1, 2009

Thanks again

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20807914

Follow the exact instructions in that post and you will get back to stock no probelm....

Right now I'm rooted on stock ICS best experience for this phone no bugs most importantly in call volume is normal

Sent via my HTC Vivid 4G

Matt-Matt

Jul 15, 2012
Launceston
Dude that was so long ago I've already switched phones by now but thanks for the answer.

So I've flashed the latest ROM (to give it a try!) and I'm now stuck on the CyanogenMod loading animation.. Hmm

Tried;

1. Wiping Cache
  2. Wiping Delvik Cache
  3. Fixing Permissions
  4. Factory Reset
  5. Installing GAPPS before booting (The correct one for 4.1.2)
  6. Doing the above 2 times over
  7. Leaving it for like 10 minutes; My HTC Wildfire S took forver on the first boot. But you expect that from such a bad phone.

P.S The list function here is awesome how it's all Javascript based. (It's been some time since I've been here..)

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
So I've flashed the latest ROM (to give it a try!) and I'm now stuck on the CyanogenMod loading animation.. Hmm

Tried;

1. Wiping Cache
  2. Wiping Delvik Cache
  3. Fixing Permissions
  4. Factory Reset
  5. Installing GAPPS before booting (The correct one for 4.1.2)
  6. Doing the above 2 times over
  7. Leaving it for like 10 minutes; My HTC Wildfire S took forver on the first boot. But you expect that from such a bad phone.

P.S The list function here is awesome how it's all Javascript based. (It's been some time since I've been here..)

You were on ICS HBOOT before you flashed this ROM?

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Matt-Matt

Matt-Matt

Jul 15, 2012
Launceston
You were on ICS HBOOT before you flashed this ROM?

All that I did was unlock the bootloader, install CWM, and then use that to install the ROM + GAPPS.

Probably missed something minor, also my backup didn't work soooo....

EDIT: According to this..
http://unlimited.io/hbootversions.htm

I have ICS, as I'm on 1.85.0029

EDIT2: Phewwwww, somehow the backup i made that I copied to my PC wasn't corrupt. Phew phew phew phew. :D

Last edited:

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
All that I did was unlock the bootloader, install CWM, and then use that to install the ROM + GAPPS.

Probably missed something minor, also my backup didn't work soooo....

EDIT: According to this..
http://unlimited.io/hbootversions.htm

I have ICS, as I'm on 1.85.0029

EDIT2: Phewwwww, somehow the backup i made that I copied to my PC wasn't corrupt. Phew phew phew phew. :D

Do switch to twrp... Cwm is improperly compiled for the vivid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the official Weekly Build of CM10 for the HTC Holiday (Vivid 4G/Velocity/Raider).

Installation Instructions
    1. Go to http://get.cm/?device=holiday and download the latest weekly.
    2. Locate Gapps via a quick Google search.
    3. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM10 already.
    4. Reboot into recovery and install.

Remember, if you are S-On, you will have to take the boot.img out of the cm.zip and flash it manually via fastboot. If you flash this and your phone just reboots, you are most likely S-On and need to perform that procedure.

Changelog
    • You can find the latest Changelog here
    Github

Huge thanks:
    synergye, IOmonster & mg2195 - For getting the Holiday to where it was.
    intervigil - Helping me understand 8660 differences from 8960.
    homeslice - Helping out while I've been unavailable.
    So some pretty decent news so far, more to come:

* Bluetooth now initializes without an hci-kickstart (hopefully should get rid of that horrendous drain

Testing to validate this:
    * Battery drain is gone (UPDATE: had BT on w/o paired device for 30 min and then with paired device for 30 min. battery hasn't went down from 100%!)
    * a2dp audio works (UPDATE: Works like a champ!)
    * Bluetooth calling (UPDATE: works!)
    * Bluetooth Tethering (UPDATE: not working yet, will work on it)

I know i missed the "weekly" marker to get this stuff in, assuming it all works. But if it all does, I will build another build and give it to you today.

More to come.....good lord I'm excited this is finally starting to move forward!

UPDATE: I'm updating OP since i've pushed and merged these things into CM now :).
    Issues:
    • HW video playback may have artifacts or other issues. Turn on Force GPU Rendering in Developer Options to fix.
    How to use MTP to mount internal and external storage simultaneously:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Go to Storage
    3. Press Menu key
    4. Choose "USB Connection Type"
    5. Choose "Media device (MTP)"
    * Windows will mount this automatically.

* Linux is a little tricky, but not too difficult, see the following:
    1. Edit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules to include these lines for adb and mtp:
    2. SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"
    3. SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666"
    4. install gmtp; for debian/ubuntu type: sudo apt-get install gmtp
    5. open gmtp and hit the connect button (be patient)

Report all issues to the Issues List here. Don't create duplicate issues, just star the issue if you can reproduce as well.
    Screenshots:

Screenshot_2012-12-02-22-15-32.png

Screenshot_2012-12-02-22-15-56.png
    Pretty sure i found how to squash that nasty wakelock eating battery from bluetooth. Lemme test and verify....If it works i'll put up a build with all the newest stuff tonight / tomorrow.

-h8