[ROM][4/15/2011][DEV] DZ/G2 Sensation Sense 3.0 Port *Not For General Use*

Search This thread

Simer03

Apr 17, 2010
I'm not a sense ui fan, but i have to say, if this rom becomes a usable rom, I'm trying it! Sense 3.0 looks really awesome! Probably the only thing to get me away from CM7

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

skulk3r

Feb 9, 2009
If resizing the images just means popping them into photoshop and doing an image resize, I am happy to help out. Just PM me and send me the files.

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
Thanks for all the complements. It wasn't terribly difficult to pull off the port, just frustrating at times and generally time consuming.

From all the research I've done thus far, adapting the resolution is non-trivial. I haven't had time to look at it much yet myself, so I'll add more when I understand what's actually involved to pull it off.

The good news is that there are several ways we get a working ROM. If anyone for any community (such as the DHD) manage to resize everything, we can incorporate it easy. Similarly, if any other HTC leaks with Sense 3.0 come out, which are destined for WVGA phones, we can pull those over.

Shaquiel Harris

Feb 9, 2009
Los Angeles
YES! It Was Smooth On Mine! :D Cant Wait For The Graphics To Be Sorted :)
Tbh I Don't Think HTC Know What Their On About, Saying It Wont Run On Older Phones :L
Lol of course they know it can run on older devices. But if they said that, why would we upgrade our phones for the latest version of sense if we could just root and installed a better running, hacked version of it? They want to sell new phones so they tell us we can't run it on our phones.

Reactions: rand0m_insanity

qzfive

Aug 8, 2010
I flashed this to see what it's like... and I must say, it's absolutely beautiful - major props for even getting it to boot :D

Once everything's resized/working properly, this is gonna be a daily driver for me hands down :D

PatrickHuey

May 27, 2010
Denton, Tx.
I'm literally so excited, haha. This'll be great until I can get The Sensation when it officially releases. HTC...eat your heart out.
#WINNING ANYONE?

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
This is awsone,

I have just hit the thanks button after downloading and installing.

It will be another great day when the rom is finally fully functional.

Thanks rmk and others bringing this to us.

asim0

Aug 22, 2010
The good news is that there are several ways we get a working ROM. If anyone for any community (such as the DHD) manage to resize everything, we can incorporate it easy. Similarly, if any other HTC leaks with Sense 3.0 come out, which are destined for WVGA phones, we can pull those over.

HTC won't bring this Sense 3.0 to our DZ, and so far you always made clear that you would'nt support a ROM which is ported from another device and would only work on an official G2/DZ rom as a basis for virtuous, so now I wonder who is 'we' you are using in this quote? Are you inclined to change your 'editorial line'? (me wishes that :):))

Last edited:

Shaquiel Harris

Feb 9, 2009
Los Angeles
HTC won't bring this Sense 3.0 to our DZ, and so far you always made clear that you would'nt support a ROM which is ported from another device and would only work on an official G2/DZ rom as a basis for virtuous, so now I wonder who is 'we' you are using in this quote? Are you inclined to change your 'editorial line'? (me wishes that :):))

Dude.. he's working on a port of this. Don't question it. Just be happy. Goodness.

stumpyz9

Feb 17, 2011
allentown,pa
For a rom released a few days ago this is really nice and smmoth. If all that is needed to make this thing usable is image resizing as mentioned above ill help to get this thing workin . Just tell me where u want me start.

robjvan

Jul 27, 2009
This is amazing. rmk, you're a machine.

As for helping with resizing graphics - if it's as simple as resizing them in PS and repacking - I'll be happy to help with that too. Can I find the image files if I pick through the *.zip file, or do I need to tear apart some other file? Someone kick me in the head if these are stupid questions - I just don't even know where to start searching for that kind of stuff.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a port of the leaked ROM from the HTC Sensation (new Sense 3.0 device), for the G2/DZ. I have to emphasize, this ROM is far from usable and is largely intended for consumption by other developers. The reason is that the Sensation is a qHD device (960x540 resolution), where our G2/DZs are WVGA. All the alignment is off to the point where key UI elements are frequently off the screen.

Notes about the changes:

- Full wipe of data is REQUIRED prior installing the ROM.
    - /system/app relocated to /data/system.app and symlinked back (to make it fit).
    - Uses select libs/bins from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ (2.30.405.1)
    - Kernel 2.6.35.10 from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ.
    - Added my modded Superuser.
    - Removed HTC's Lockscreen (you simply cannot unlock with it in place).

Again, substantial work will be required to make this usable. Please do not download it unless you intend to: a) just tinker with it for fun, b) to start working on adjusting the images and layout for our resolution.

Download Here
    (MD5: 94f21ac4d4f90360c914559c18322748)​
    Thanks for all the complements. It wasn't terribly difficult to pull off the port, just frustrating at times and generally time consuming.

From all the research I've done thus far, adapting the resolution is non-trivial. I haven't had time to look at it much yet myself, so I'll add more when I understand what's actually involved to pull it off.

All eyes on the DHD thread for sense 3.0. It seems as though there is some progress being made slowly.

We're all working together actually. There are about a dozen people contributing and we're collaborating in the #virtuousrom channel on Freenode. So, while there isn't a lot of activity in this thread, there's a lot of work being done to figure this out.
    Video of the ROM in action for you people wondering how it looks but don't want to download the file.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g01sEWLcYdk&t=4m57s
    Reserved for future use.