[ROM][4/15/2011][DEV] DZ/G2 Sensation Sense 3.0 Port *Not For General Use*

Search This thread

kingchris

Apr 17, 2007
Last edited:
Reactions: dd2music

skulk3r

Feb 9, 2009
From the sounds of that ROM, it seems quite large 700+ mb due to the landscape files (which we need as well!)

Hopefully we can find a way to make it work. But WOW. that should speed things up.

NexusOneOwner

Sep 2, 2010
Here is a direct link to the T-MO US Double Shot zip. It is approximately 429 MB. The actual port might be about 730-735MB. Perhaps it will be of assistance.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AWXU7FO8

I do not recommend flashing this ROM found in the link above to your G2/DZ! Pls wait for a Dev release.

Last edited:

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
This ROM is probably dead. We're planning to use the Flyer base for Sense 3.0 (since it is final/wwe) versus the TEST version of Sensation. Both need to be corrected for resolution anyway, so it just makes more sense to use an official.

If anyone else wants to pick it up, feel free. In my eyes it's been obsoleted by the Flyer base.

havocnl

Sep 29, 2007
Tilburg
www.twitter.com
This ROM is probably dead. We're planning to use the Flyer base for Sense 3.0 (since it is final/wwe) versus the TEST version of Sensation. Both need to be corrected for resolution anyway, so it just makes more sense to use an official.

If anyone else wants to pick it up, feel free. In my eyes it's been obsoleted by the Flyer base.
Wonder if the sensation port has more "phone oriented" bits and pieces in it. Seeing that the flyer is a tablet device. But i know the quality of your work will be great no matter how :)

J-Hop2o6

Aug 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
Wonder if the sensation port has more "phone oriented" bits and pieces in it. Seeing that the flyer is a tablet device. But i know the quality of your work will be great no matter how :)

Yea, I rather use the Sensation rom on my phone them the Flyer rom, since that's a tablet orientated rom.. hopefully they make some progress on the Sensation port.. Or another Sense 3.0 rom that's actually WVGA, so would have less work to do.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

MishXT

Jan 15, 2011
Bradford
Yea, I rather use the Sensation rom on my phone them the Flyer rom, since that's a tablet orientated rom.. hopefully they make some progress on the Sensation port.. Or another Sense 3.0 rom that's actually WVGA, so would have less work to do.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Try out rmk's doubleshot sense 3.0 port its friggin awesome

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a port of the leaked ROM from the HTC Sensation (new Sense 3.0 device), for the G2/DZ. I have to emphasize, this ROM is far from usable and is largely intended for consumption by other developers. The reason is that the Sensation is a qHD device (960x540 resolution), where our G2/DZs are WVGA. All the alignment is off to the point where key UI elements are frequently off the screen.

Notes about the changes:

- Full wipe of data is REQUIRED prior installing the ROM.
    - /system/app relocated to /data/system.app and symlinked back (to make it fit).
    - Uses select libs/bins from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ (2.30.405.1)
    - Kernel 2.6.35.10 from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ.
    - Added my modded Superuser.
    - Removed HTC's Lockscreen (you simply cannot unlock with it in place).

Again, substantial work will be required to make this usable. Please do not download it unless you intend to: a) just tinker with it for fun, b) to start working on adjusting the images and layout for our resolution.

Download Here
    (MD5: 94f21ac4d4f90360c914559c18322748)​
    Thanks for all the complements. It wasn't terribly difficult to pull off the port, just frustrating at times and generally time consuming.

From all the research I've done thus far, adapting the resolution is non-trivial. I haven't had time to look at it much yet myself, so I'll add more when I understand what's actually involved to pull it off.

The good news is that there are several ways we get a working ROM. If anyone for any community (such as the DHD) manage to resize everything, we can incorporate it easy. Similarly, if any other HTC leaks with Sense 3.0 come out, which are destined for WVGA phones, we can pull those over.
    All eyes on the DHD thread for sense 3.0. It seems as though there is some progress being made slowly.

We're all working together actually. There are about a dozen people contributing and we're collaborating in the #virtuousrom channel on Freenode. So, while there isn't a lot of activity in this thread, there's a lot of work being done to figure this out.
    Video of the ROM in action for you people wondering how it looks but don't want to download the file.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g01sEWLcYdk&t=4m57s
    Reserved for future use.