[ROM] [4.2.1] Stock rooted - Deodexed/Zipaligned + More

Search This thread

simonxliu

Sep 15, 2010
Download server is slow as hell. DL failed on both n7 and pc. When my pc cant even tell the full size of the file there's bound to be a corrupt download.

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
Can anyone recommend a kernel for the stock rom(s)? New to the N7, and also wondering if there's anything else besides overclocking and undervolting that a kernel can do/support that I haven't heard of. Do only certain kernels support the OTG cable for example?

mid-kid

Oct 28, 2012
Download server is slow as hell. DL failed on both n7 and pc. When my pc cant even tell the full size of the file there's bound to be a corrupt download.

This is the fastest download server i could get. It cannot calculate the full size of the file, because ubuntu one doesn't send it to you, but it still downloads. I download sometimes just to check if everything works, and with me it works, so the problem is on your side.

mid-kid

Oct 28, 2012
Can anyone recommend a kernel for the stock rom(s)? New to the N7, and also wondering if there's anything else besides overclocking and undervolting that a kernel can do/support that I haven't heard of. Do only certain kernels support the OTG cable for example?

My advice: If you have much time, take the time to read about it. If you have less time, just stick to the stock kernel and optimize some things using apps and tweaks.

Dimatchka

Dec 18, 2011
Brooklyn
Noon question is how is this different from the stock? What changes have been made? What's deodexed and zip aligned? I always wondered what the latter two where did some reading but still don't get it

Sent from my Nexus 7

mid-kid

Oct 28, 2012
Noon question is how is this different from the stock? What changes have been made? What's deodexed and zip aligned? I always wondered what the latter two where did some reading but still don't get it

Sent from my Nexus 7

From the OP:

Those zips contain the /system directory from a fresh 4.2.1 installation and the boot.img from the 4.2 factory image.
I removed recovery-from-boot.p
The rooted zip also includes SuperSU.
I will not include busybox, because scrosler already made it. Scrosler's thread
If you prefer Superuser instead of SuperSU, you can just install the official zip which you can find here. It will override SuperSU.

deodexed is when the .odex files are turned into .dex and put inside the .apk/.jar

zipaligned is when the .apk are zipaligned.

Sorry, i am not very good explaining...

Reactions: snarlytaz

mid-kid

Oct 28, 2012
the zip is corrupt, please give another mirror link
Thanks.

No, it's not.

very slow download
can give md5/sha to check zip file

Stop whining about the slowness, i can't get anything better. If you know a fast host, tell me.

MD5: 69c60a44c404028cced8c9777e9ceda4

EDIT: Sorry, i have just noticed i just posted one of the md5's. i don't know which it is... I will add the others to the OP as soon as i get my own pc back.

Last edited:

bball13

Aug 4, 2008
Can I upgrade from rooted stock 4.1.2 with this one? Ota updates won't work for obvious reasons and I don't want to switch to a costum rom but these update notifications are really annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda-developers app

Solarian

Jan 28, 2011
Clock keeps crashing when not in use. I'll be doing other things, and just keep getting notifications that Clock has crashed. Anyone else have this happen?

mid-kid

Oct 28, 2012
Can I upgrade from rooted stock 4.1.2 with this one? Ota updates won't work for obvious reasons and I don't want to switch to a costum rom but these update notifications are really annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda-developers app

what reasons?

BTW, you can dirty flash if you want. But it is not really recommended :S. I recommend you to use the OTA update and istall it with the TWRP Recovery.

ALWAYS MAKE BACKUPS

Clock keeps crashing when not in use. I'll be doing other things, and just keep getting notifications that Clock has crashed. Anyone else have this happen?

Have you dirty-flashed? Maybe it's because of that.

Outside of those two questions:
I've got a Goo.im account :D So I will be uploading my things there once i get my pc back.

Last edited:

ikslawlok

Jan 16, 2012
Lyon
www.mynexus.fr
Hello everybody.
I installed all three versions of this ROM with MultiROM
[ROM] Android Stock 4.2.1 Rooted
[ROM] Android Stock 4.2.1 Rooted Deodex Zipalign
[ROM] Android Stock 4.2.1

How can I tell the difference between :
android_4_2_1-grouper Rooted
and
android_4_2_1-grouper Rooted Deodex Zipalign
please ?

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: Sorry guys, i won't be updating this with the new versions of android as my n7 broke. Sorry!

Hello people,

I made a zip file you can use to install stock android 4.2.1 on your nexus 7 using CWM

All downloads: HERE (Thanks to goo.im)

How to install:
    1. Wipe data (may not be needed if you upgrade from stock)
    2. Format /system
    3. Install Zip
    4. Reboot

Those zips contain the /system directory from a fresh 4.2.1 installation and the boot.img from the 4.2 factory image.
    I removed recovery-from-boot.p
    The rooted zip also includes SuperSU.
    I will not include busybox, because scrosler already made it. Scrosler's thread
    If you prefer Superuser instead of SuperSU, you can just install the official zip which you can find here. It will override SuperSU.

Addons/Extras/I don't care what it is called :p (can be installed in any ROM):

All extras are now hosted HERE (Thanks to goo.im for awesome hosting)

Extras info:

install_AOSP_browser_4_2_1-grouper.zip: This installs the AOSP browser in any ROM
    deodex_zipalign_4_2_1-grouper.zip: This deodexes/zipaligns your ROM
    odex_unzipalign_4_2_1-grouper.zip: This odexes/unzipaligns your ROM

clicking thanks would be nice... if you want...
    Thanks to all that did!

Screenshots:
    4z9kS55rYsY84UmHcx8AnO
    7eBVMhfIfMs2uYPOhJvMVz

Sorry for my bad english

P.S. I would like if someone checked the updater-script to see if i did anything wrong...
    Confirm - rooted&deodexed installed fine using CWM
    if were on stock 4.2 can we just ota update without any root lose or wipe?

Update: apparently if your rooted and have twrp installed it pick's it up and installs it no wipe/data needed also keeps root access
    I download fine. Try again? (dangit newbie post delay...)

Seems fine to me. People just need to make sure to uncheck the "use accelerator" option and download it directly. It should be a .zip not an .exe. If you see that you've downloaded an .exe, you did it wrong.

On a side note... this download is wicked slow.
    Seems fine to me. People just need to make sure to uncheck the "use accelerator" option and download it directly. It should be a .zip not an .exe. If you see that you've downloaded an .exe, you did it wrong.

On a side note... this download is wicked slow.

I'm trying to reupload on a faster server ;)