[ROM]★[4.2.1][TF700 10.6.1.14.4 Asus Stock Upgrade][ODEX/Bootloader included][Apr 7]★

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
[ROM]★[4.2.1][TF700 10.6.1.14.4 Asus Stock Upgrade][ODEX/Bootloader included][Apr 7]★

You can flash this straight over CleanROM 2.3 to 3.x or Asus Jelly Bean stock without a wipe if you want to test it – but it is a very good idea do a full wipe to eliminate issues.

You must be unlocked and have TWRP 2.4.4.0 or above installed to flash the Stock Rom from the internal or external sdcard. You must also be on the 10.6.1.14.4 JB 4.2.1 Bootloader.

The TF700 Infinity 10.6.1.14.4 JB 4.2.1 Bootloader and TWRP recovery package is offered in the downloads section for those that haven’t upgraded yet. Flash it from Recovery as you would a ROM :) Using any other recovery on a TF300 or Prime other than the patched TWRP (not offered here) hard bricks the device so please follow the instructions.
Don't forget to do a Nandroid Backup first and give the ROM 5 mins to stabilise!

This Rom is based off the latest Asus TF700 Infinity 10.6.1.14.4 WW release. It will work on any locale infinity but you must be on the correct bootloader

ChangeLog from Asus:
Not Yet Published

ChangeLog from sbdags:
• Rom is ODEXed as Asus have done it
• Latest SuperSU binary and apk included to give root access
• Busybox installed
• init.d support
• unsecured stock kernel
• Multi DPI support (default is set to 240)

There are no other mods – please don’t ask for theming, changes or performance boosts. Those will come with CleanROM Inheritance :)

10.6.1.14.4 JellyBean Bootloader and TWRP package DOWNLOAD

Please download the correct version for your SKU. Flash from a custom recovery and it will reboot – you will not brick if you follow these instructions :)

TF700 World Wide WW SKU Users:

10.6.1.14.4 WW Bootloader and TWRP 2.5 DOWNLOAD

md5: ac21e41b1345682bef4bd09b16726961

TF700 North American US SKU Users:

10.6.1.14.4 US Bootloader and TWRP 2.5 DOWNLOAD

md5: 81e40bac1906bdcb6172e236dcc5969d

IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 1 MINUTE TO FLASH AND MOVE THE BLUE BAR TO FULL. DON'T PANIC!

After flashing your device will reboot back into your normal ROM but you will be on the new bootloader and have TWRP installed

Then proceed to flash the ROM :)

ASUS STOCK JB 4.2.1 / 10.6.1.14.4 ODEX VERSION DOWNLOAD

Asus Stock 10.6.1.14.4 Odex Full Download Mirror 1

Asus Stock 10.6.1.14.4 Odex Full Download Mirror 2

MD5 Sum: 8ffd16cca8746827dc1410380f0a6335

Thanks to _that and flumpster for advising me along the right path – thanks guys!

Have fun!

Darren

Last edited:

nomad10002

Aug 19, 2008
Pismo Beach,Ca
So far everything is working fine.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

The 4.2.1 boot loader and patched twrp 2.4.4 botrh work with Cromi 3.4.7, correct?

Tylor
yes

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Plus I did a dirty flash

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
So far everything is working fine.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

yes

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Plus I did a dirty flash
Wanna do me a favor?? Of Course you do!! jk jk, but can you download flashplayer onto 4.2.1 and see if it is working? I wanna upgrade but wanna make sure flash is going to work. And if flash does gonna try it out.

Tylor

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
Super excellent! When do you think you'll have CROMI 4 proper (not from tf300) for us? I really HATE the stock 4.2 notification bar UI.
Well this one doesn't have the 4.2 GUI and the CROMi-X release allows you to switch back to 4.1 GUI

As for CROMI for the TF700. I reckon it'll take me a week to build and redo all the mods and tweaks as well as test. :silly:

eckka

Aug 24, 2008
Adelaide
Yes you can flash back to that if you wish after upgrading ;)
A few hours ago I updated the recovery and bootloader using your provided package. All went as predicted.

I decided to wait before upgrading to 4.2.1 and sure enough you didn't disappoint. :D

I just finished downloading, flashing and disabling the ASUS bloatware and after a reboot all I can say is WOW! :cyclops:

BTW all I did was wipe both cache and hoped for the best. Apps and settings remained intact but I lost my music, books and pictures. Whatever was on internal storage got wiped. No problem because it was all backed up.

The only app to misbehave is FilemanagerHD. It can't find the Gallery, music, etc as per the built in shortcuts. Iguess a full wipe may fix this. I'll get back with further details.

If your usual magic speeds this up it will certainly outclass CROMi 3.4.7. It already feels faster and this is stock!

I can't wait for the dpi change because 240dpi looks really childish and cheap after having got used to 213dpi.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks,

Eric

Last edited:

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
Mirrors

Yes you can flash back to that if you wish after upgrading ;)
Thanks, figured that out ;)

Here is the rom: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3VhrPabRj-FQmNYUDVvM2g4OTA/edit?usp=sharing

And when I downloaded the US boot loader, I put it in syncing folder, so here is a mirror for it, since I made a US one, I'll upload the WW one in a moment: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3VhrPabRj-Fb2tZY25EZXVndVE/edit?usp=sharing
And here is also the WW bootloader with patched TWRP: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3VhrPabRj-FMDZTdFNQUEtBNFU/edit?usp=sharing

Verified all files via MD5, so good to go :D

Tylor

Last edited:
Reactions: sbdags

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
A few hours ago I updated the recovery and bootloader using your provided package. All went as predicted.

I decided to wait before upgrading to 4.2.1 and sure enough you didn't disappoint. :D

I just finished downloading, flashing and disabling the ASUS bloatware and after a reboot all I can say is WOW! :cyclops:

BTW all I did was wipe both cache and hoped for the best. Apps and settings remained intact but I lost my music, books and pictures. Whatever was on internal storage got wiped. No problem because it was all backed up.

The only app to misbehave is FilemanagerHD. It can't find the Gallery, music, etc as per the built in shortcuts. Iguess a full wipe may fix this. I'll get back with further details.

If your usual magic speeds this up it will certainly outclass CROMi 3.4.7. It already feels faster and this is stock!

I can't wait for the dpi change because 240dpi looks really childish and cheap after having got used to 213dpi.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks,

Eric
2 things - your files are still on the card - 4.2.1 hides the for some reason. Goto /mnt/shell/emulated/

You'll probably see a bunch of stuff. Move it into the 0 folder and Android will see it again.

I don't know why it does this. I have updated 5 times today and 4 went fine but one time this happened to me as well ;)

Secondly, you can edit the build.prop file in /system yourself. Look for the 240 dpi number and change it to 213, then save and reboot. Open it in note editor inside es file explorer to do this. :)

Last edited:

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
Ok I am on 4.2.1 and it seems much smoother but a lil less snappier than Cromi. However, the smoothness really rounds the edgeyness of the snappiness lol, cant wait to see a Cromi'd version of it with a nice, fast,and stable _That's kernal :).

Tylor

No problem so far.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer TF700T Infinity Pad Using Tapatalk HD
Rom: CleanRom Inheritance 3.4.7 Odex AND That's UltraCleanRom(7 sec boot :D)
Kernal: _That's Stock V6 Kernal
Theme: Timberwolf's Blues & Jazz Theme V2.1
UPDATE FOR TF700 USERS!!! AND THE 4.2.1 UPDATE http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2204100

dude2k5

Jul 9, 2010
www.futurenology.com
So far so good! No major problems, had some trouble downloading apps from the market, but I removed my google account and re-added it. Seems responsive and smooth! I'll update if I find more. Thanks for the hard work.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I found that all my movie streaming websites which used embed video player is no longer working. That sucks!! This stock rom is the best of all Asus releases, hands down!!

edit: I believe CROMI 3.4.7 is still faster and smoother. The new 4.2.1 stock stills stuttering.

Last edited:

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
I found that all my movie streaming websites which used embed video player is no longer working. That sucks!! This stock rom is the best of all Asus releases, hands down!!
I 100% agree, it actually makes the tablet be what it should be! lol.
I look into trickster mod and it looks like thaat ASUS clocked the minimum freequency 4x higher then on the old stock frequency, unless that was _that's doing but it helps with a higher clock starting off to keep things moving.

Tylor

UPDATE FOR TF700 USERS!!! AND THE 4.2.1 UPDATE http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2204100

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
I 100% agree, it actually makes the tablet be what it should be! lol.
I look into trickster mod and it looks like thaat ASUS clocked the minimum freequency 4x higher then on the old stock frequency, unless that was _that's doing but it helps with a higher clock starting off to keep things moving.

Tylor

Kernel made by me so far :) But yes it will be Asus's doing ;)