- Apr 28, 2011
You will never stop scrolling...™
You must see it to believe.
Android Open Insomnia Project or AOIP is an aftermarket firmware based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android based firmwares of vendors of these cell phones. Do not ask for ETAs and no feature request.
- Dash Clock Widget
- BetterWeather extension for Dash Clock Widget
- Android 4.3 fonts
- Pie Controls (slimPie)
- Custom Quick Settings
- Custom Status Bar Tweaks
- Themed SMS & MMS
- Widgets Viewpager
- Ability to Change DPI on the Fly
- Notification Drawer Shortcuts
- built-in TW 5.0 free theme by Thomassafca
- AMAZING scrolling effects!
- super smooth
- crazy fast!
For installation, first, make sure you got AOIP ROM and the correct Gapps on your External SD Card. Both can be found in the Download section below.
After that, enter CWM and:
- select "wipe data / factory reset"
- go to "mounts & storage" and format /system. This is extremely important!
- under the same menu, format /sdcard (be careful NOT to format /external_sd by mistake)
- install the ROM (from the external sd)
- install Gapps for JB+ (from the external sd)
- reboot your phone
ROM AOIP v1.6b5 20131127
ROM AOIP v1.6b4 20130921
ROM AOIP v1.6b3 20130918
ROM AOIP v1.6 20130811
Gapps 20131214 JB+ (Google Drive): here
Gapps 20131214 JB+ (Mega): here
Version 1.6b5- 27.11.2013
- fixed mms issues
- fixed airplane mode Power Widget toggle issue
- kernel 3.4.68
- updated prebuilt apps
Version 1.6b4 - 21.09.2013
- fixed statusbar transparency
- fixed AppBar bug (set it to the right)
- fixed Insert Contact information in Messaging app
- fixed scrolling in pop-up windows
- replaced SuperSu with embedded Superuser
- added cLock Widget (default). Dash Clock is still available from within the Widgets section.
- disabled unsupported Ancora features
- added Terminal Emulator
- added X-Plore File Manager
- upgraded kernel to v3.4.62
- added Goo Manager app for future upgrades
- added battery warning options
- switched to static wallpaper (should help with the battery usage)
- synced repo
- set default scrolling animation. You have to try it! It's amazing!
- initial release for SGW
- wallpaper from the TW theme doesn't properly restore. It's a theme bug. Will be probably fixed in the future versions. Workaround: re-apply the theme.
- green color when taking a picture or switching between front and back cameras
- you let me know
- CyanogenMod Team
- many others
Special thanks to:
- camcory for helping me build this ROM and for his patience. He's awesome!
My little testing team members:
Thanks a lot guys! Great job!
DISCLAIMER: YOU KNOW THE RISK OF FLASHING. TEAM INSOMNIA & MYSELF TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE!
[ROM][4.2.2] AOIP v1.6b5 by Team Insomnia [HALO][PIE][AppBar] [EOL], a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy W I8150
ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Last Updated 2013-12-15