• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Official Vanilla RootBox [04/02][v3.9.1][Per-App-DPI][PIE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Moose0704

May 6, 2012
picture.php

This is here to be a temerary home for RootBox to continue ROM Discussions, A new thread under "Original Development" will come back soon. There is no ETA for this thread so here is one to continue disscussion until there is one.

Lets keep this about disscussions about RootBox and not about what happened to John or the other thread, thank you!

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM features and some CM cherry-picks. Keep in mind Jelly Bean is only at the beginning stage of development and there will be minor bugs. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. I personally have a high standard when it comes to releases and this is why this project always meets the expectations of users. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Based on JB 4.2.2- Built from RootBox Sources

AOKP Features

CM Profiles

Per App DPI

Per App Tablet UI

Per App Language

OTA Updates - Goo Manager

Navigation Bar Colour

Camera: Save to external memory

Phone: Advance Phone Settings (Vibrate on Answer, Every 45 Seconds, On Hangup and On Call Waiting)

Phone: Noise Suppression

MMS: Message rate alerts (Modify SMS message limit for alert)

MMS: Fully Customizable MMS Theme

MMS: Soft Keyboard Type (Emoji, Enter to Send, Enter for a New Line)

Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Home button call answer (Accessibility Option)

Variable size pattern lockscreen

RootBox Settings

LockClock (Chronus)

Launch Music app on Headset connection

Pie (Paranoid Android)

Option to disable sound when adjusting volume

Lockscreen Shortcuts (Paranoid)

Lockscreen Targets (CM)

Screen Security Features (Unlock options)

Expanded Desktop

Hardware Keys Remapping

Lockscreen Hardware Keys Remapping

If you have a question, read the 2nd post. If it was not answered read the thread.
Odds are if you have a question, someone else already asked it and it's been answered.

Please do not answer questions that have been asked and answered before, just ignore/report them.

Download

For GAPPs use gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

You should use TWRP and always wipe system and factory reset!

You can also get up to date info on the ROM and updates HERE! Stay tuned for more updates from John!!

RootBox Sources

www.github.com/Root-Box

Kernel Sources

CyanogenMod Samsung SMDK4412

Credits/Thanks To:

* bajee11 - The mastermind behind this ROM
* AOKP
* Teamhacksung
* The CyanogenMod Project
* rovo89 - For his excellent work on Xposed Framework
* Paranoid Android
* DaXmax
* Rodries
* Pier
* BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers
* MadMack
* Cmenard

Last edited:

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
This ROM is sick. Im loving it so far.

EDIT: Still loving this ROM !!! Great battery life, its super fast, tons of customization's, and it looks good! I think I found my favorite ROM for the NOTE 2.
This team knows what they are doing and knows what we like. I even saw some spen options in settings. Thanks to everyone involved in RootBox !!

Last edited:

Adolflow

Sep 8, 2009
Montreal
I searched the other thread and everything seems to say that this ROM has vol keys to skip tracks but can't find it anywhere in the settings? Anyone can point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Moose0704

May 6, 2012
Right you are.
I just started using rootbox yesterday, and wow...it's got the goods for sure.

And OP, many thanks in providing a way forward for the rootbox users....g

Edit:...just got an update notification from goomanager.....Thanks John !!....g

The update in goo manager is not from John and is NOT his PUB version. If you are using John version ignore goo manager

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

mordenk

Oct 26, 2011
I have been searching for awhile now. How do I change my lockscreen wallpaper?? This rom rocks my Telus Note2..Rocking the latest Pub version.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Steams02

Oct 28, 2010
Does anyone know if its possible to disable the led while charging?

Also is anyone able to use Google voicemail integrated with the dialer on the pub version?

Adolflow

Sep 8, 2009
Montreal
Could you add a little bit to that (what is PUB goodness)? I have so many questions coming from my paranoid android gnex...

(Does this have vol keys skip tracks or not?)(Why does wifi tether work on 3g but not LTE?)(April 1st it says he removed xposed app settings but I still see it there).

Also, p.s. I know it says not to talk about it but since I may not be able to get the news from elsewhere, what happened to manelscout4life (just an idea if no details avail)?

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Now... the new build is up, right?

iteam

Jul 21, 2008
BOSTON
Could you add a little bit to that (what is PUB goodness)? I have so many questions coming from my paranoid android gnex...

(Does this have vol keys skip tracks or not?)(Why does wifi tether work on 3g but not LTE?)(April 1st it says he removed xposed app settings but I still see it there).

Also, p.s. I know it says not to talk about it but since I may not be able to get the news from elsewhere, what happened to manelscout4life (just an idea if no details avail)?

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Project Unicorn Butter. Adds smoothness, speed and stability ;)

Moose0704

May 6, 2012

PUB= Project Unicorn Butter, meaning super smooth and fast and great on battery!

Key Skips=No

Wifi Tether=IDK, but probably cause you have to actually have a 4G Tether Plan to use it

xPosed=Yes the Per App DPI was in fact removed, the modules portion is still there, just disable it in apps and ou will not see it among your apps but still in settings.

Cannot talk about what happened to John in the forums cause we do not want to piss off anyone and maybe get this thread closed as well, just know it is being worked to get him back, so this thread is the temp until such a time comes along, but he is alive and well and still building, i am just speaking in his place and informing you of updates in which to go download at your pleasure... :D

Moose0704

May 6, 2012
New Update: RootBox-JB-t0lte-Nightly-20130403-pub.zip

Yes the new update is fully uploaded and ready for download!

FIXES:
Pie can now be disabled by setting trigger options to "None" - The on and off is still broken but you can keep it from popping up. :good:

You can also get up to date info on the ROM and updates HERE! Stay tuned for more updates from John!!

Last edited:

Rocket42

Jul 22, 2011
Red Bluff, Ca

FIXES:
Pie can now be disabled by setting trigger options to "None" - The on and off is still broken but you can keep it from popping up. :good:

You can also get up to date info on the ROM and updates HERE! Stay tuned for more updates from John!![/QUOTE thank you moose!!!! And thank you most of all John!!!!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    picture.php

This is here to be a temerary home for RootBox to continue ROM Discussions, A new thread under "Original Development" will come back soon. There is no ETA for this thread so here is one to continue disscussion until there is one.

Lets keep this about disscussions about RootBox and not about what happened to John or the other thread, thank you!

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM features and some CM cherry-picks. Keep in mind Jelly Bean is only at the beginning stage of development and there will be minor bugs. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. I personally have a high standard when it comes to releases and this is why this project always meets the expectations of users. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Based on JB 4.2.2- Built from RootBox Sources

AOKP Features

CM Profiles

Per App DPI

Per App Tablet UI

Per App Language

OTA Updates - Goo Manager

Navigation Bar Colour

Camera: Save to external memory

Phone: Advance Phone Settings (Vibrate on Answer, Every 45 Seconds, On Hangup and On Call Waiting)

Phone: Noise Suppression

MMS: Message rate alerts (Modify SMS message limit for alert)

MMS: Fully Customizable MMS Theme

MMS: Soft Keyboard Type (Emoji, Enter to Send, Enter for a New Line)

Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Home button call answer (Accessibility Option)

Variable size pattern lockscreen

RootBox Settings

LockClock (Chronus)

Launch Music app on Headset connection

Pie (Paranoid Android)

Option to disable sound when adjusting volume

Lockscreen Shortcuts (Paranoid)

Lockscreen Targets (CM)

Screen Security Features (Unlock options)

Expanded Desktop

Hardware Keys Remapping

Lockscreen Hardware Keys Remapping

If you have a question, read the 2nd post. If it was not answered read the thread.
    Odds are if you have a question, someone else already asked it and it's been answered.

Please do not answer questions that have been asked and answered before, just ignore/report them.

Download

For GAPPs use gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

You should use TWRP and always wipe system and factory reset!

RootBox Sources

www.github.com/Root-Box

Kernel Sources

CyanogenMod Samsung SMDK4412

Credits/Thanks To:

* bajee11 - The mastermind behind this ROM
    * AOKP
    * Teamhacksung
    * The CyanogenMod Project
    * rovo89 - For his excellent work on Xposed Framework
    * Paranoid Android
    * DaXmax
    * Rodries
    * Pier
    * BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers
    * MadMack
    * Cmenard

PUB= Project Unicorn Butter, meaning super smooth and fast and great on battery!

Key Skips=No

Wifi Tether=IDK, but probably cause you have to actually have a 4G Tether Plan to use it

xPosed=Yes the Per App DPI was in fact removed, the modules portion is still there, just disable it in apps and ou will not see it among your apps but still in settings.

Cannot talk about what happened to John in the forums cause we do not want to piss off anyone and maybe get this thread closed as well, just know it is being worked to get him back, so this thread is the temp until such a time comes along, but he is alive and well and still building, i am just speaking in his place and informing you of updates in which to go download at your pleasure... :D
    New Update: RootBox-JB-t0lte-Nightly-20130403-pub.zip

FIXES:

Thread closed

Will a MOD please close this thread?
    With that, thread closed per request.
    I've read in the S3 threads that the newest build has it fixed!

New build coming soon with it fixed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II