• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] Official Vanilla RootBox [04/02][v3.9.1][Per-App-DPI][PIE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
Can someone help me with hiding the nav bar? Activate hidden nav bar doesnt work for me nor changing the height to 0. I've search but can't find a solution. I tried to change the height to smaller so it doesnt bug me but changing dp height does nothing for me. I've did a fresh install multiple times but no luck.

CharliexCharger

Mar 26, 2012
Kansas City, MO
John says its working without issue for him. Try a fresh install.

View attachment 1856831

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Can someone help me with hiding the nav bar? Activate hidden nav bar doesnt work for me nor changing the height to 0. I've search but can't find a solution. I tried to change the height to smaller so it doesnt bug me but changing dp height does nothing for me. I've did a fresh install multiple times but no luck.

Go into the hybrid settings and select interface and lower the Nav Bar percentage to 0.

Last edited:
Reactions: RMXO

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA

eksoccer99

Dec 29, 2007
Hey! Loving the rom! I only have one problem, when I switch the rom the tablet view and lock the phone, it just goes black and says the laucher has stopped unexpectedly and won't stop till I switch it back to phone view.

I too just got the same thing using Tablet UI 220dpi... Took the plunge 03/18 pub to 04/03 pub. System UI force closes galore. AND yes of course a fresh install, wiped everything 3x. also stock kernal. Waiting for my apps DL. I'll try my fav. nova launcher and reboot to see.

Edit: no go... restored back. hmmm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    picture.php

This is here to be a temerary home for RootBox to continue ROM Discussions, A new thread under "Original Development" will come back soon. There is no ETA for this thread so here is one to continue disscussion until there is one.

Lets keep this about disscussions about RootBox and not about what happened to John or the other thread, thank you!

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM features and some CM cherry-picks. Keep in mind Jelly Bean is only at the beginning stage of development and there will be minor bugs. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. I personally have a high standard when it comes to releases and this is why this project always meets the expectations of users. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Based on JB 4.2.2- Built from RootBox Sources

AOKP Features

CM Profiles

Per App DPI

Per App Tablet UI

Per App Language

OTA Updates - Goo Manager

Navigation Bar Colour

Camera: Save to external memory

Phone: Advance Phone Settings (Vibrate on Answer, Every 45 Seconds, On Hangup and On Call Waiting)

Phone: Noise Suppression

MMS: Message rate alerts (Modify SMS message limit for alert)

MMS: Fully Customizable MMS Theme

MMS: Soft Keyboard Type (Emoji, Enter to Send, Enter for a New Line)

Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Home button call answer (Accessibility Option)

Variable size pattern lockscreen

RootBox Settings

LockClock (Chronus)

Launch Music app on Headset connection

Pie (Paranoid Android)

Option to disable sound when adjusting volume

Lockscreen Shortcuts (Paranoid)

Lockscreen Targets (CM)

Screen Security Features (Unlock options)

Expanded Desktop

Hardware Keys Remapping

Lockscreen Hardware Keys Remapping

If you have a question, read the 2nd post. If it was not answered read the thread.
    Odds are if you have a question, someone else already asked it and it's been answered.

Please do not answer questions that have been asked and answered before, just ignore/report them.

Download

For GAPPs use gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

You should use TWRP and always wipe system and factory reset!

You can also get up to date info on the ROM and updates HERE! Stay tuned for more updates from John!!

RootBox Sources

www.github.com/Root-Box

Kernel Sources

CyanogenMod Samsung SMDK4412

Credits/Thanks To:

* bajee11 - The mastermind behind this ROM
    * AOKP
    * Teamhacksung
    * The CyanogenMod Project
    * rovo89 - For his excellent work on Xposed Framework
    * Paranoid Android
    * DaXmax
    * Rodries
    * Pier
    * BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers
    * MadMack
    * Cmenard
    Could you add a little bit to that (what is PUB goodness)? I have so many questions coming from my paranoid android gnex...

(Does this have vol keys skip tracks or not?)(Why does wifi tether work on 3g but not LTE?)(April 1st it says he removed xposed app settings but I still see it there).

Also, p.s. I know it says not to talk about it but since I may not be able to get the news from elsewhere, what happened to manelscout4life (just an idea if no details avail)?

PUB= Project Unicorn Butter, meaning super smooth and fast and great on battery!

Key Skips=No

Wifi Tether=IDK, but probably cause you have to actually have a 4G Tether Plan to use it

xPosed=Yes the Per App DPI was in fact removed, the modules portion is still there, just disable it in apps and ou will not see it among your apps but still in settings.

Cannot talk about what happened to John in the forums cause we do not want to piss off anyone and maybe get this thread closed as well, just know it is being worked to get him back, so this thread is the temp until such a time comes along, but he is alive and well and still building, i am just speaking in his place and informing you of updates in which to go download at your pleasure... :D
    New Update: RootBox-JB-t0lte-Nightly-20130403-pub.zip

Now... the new build is up, right?

Yes the new update is fully uploaded and ready for download!

FIXES:
    Pie can now be disabled by setting trigger options to "None" - The on and off is still broken but you can keep it from popping up. :good:

You can also get up to date info on the ROM and updates HERE! Stay tuned for more updates from John!!
    Thread closed

Will a MOD please close this thread?
    With that, thread closed per request.
    I've read in the S3 threads that the newest build has it fixed!

New build coming soon with it fixed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II