• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] t0lteatt Vanilla RootBox [04/08][v4.2][DEVELOPMENT THREAD]

Search This thread

Aria807

Dec 31, 2010
Dallas
It's still kinda buggy, but raise the in-call volumes. During the actual call, lower the volume and reraise it with the volume slider. It should go up significantly.

shaxs

Aug 16, 2010
It's still kinda buggy, but raise the in-call volumes. During the actual call, lower the volume and reraise it with the volume slider. It should go up significantly.

I tried this but there was no difference in volume. The volume for calls is woeful. Is there anyway to raise in permanently? I can barely hear anyone on the phone.

Also, my battery died fairly quickly. 48% of battery was wasted with Android OS. Screen was only on for 1h 5m and I got down to 14% battery.

Aria807

Dec 31, 2010
Dallas
I tried this but there was no difference in volume. The volume for calls is woeful. Is there anyway to raise in permanently? I can barely hear anyone on the phone.

Also, my battery died fairly quickly. 48% of battery was wasted with Android OS. Screen was only on for 1h 5m and I got down to 14% battery.

I had the same problem you described, until I updated to 4.2 Stable.

Did you go in Device Options > Audio > In-Call Audio Volumes > raise up the Earpiece + Headphone + Speaker + BT?

It will still sound a lil soft during actual call, but just hold vol down and then raise it back up to max and your call volume should be pretty loud.

I am using NEAK kernel 2.1 if it makes a difference, but I'm thinking it's a Rom related issue that recently got patched on CM side.

jbeef86

May 18, 2012
Oakland, CA

My battery is ridiculous with this build. Probably better than any other ROMs I have used. Did a clean install wiped everything. If you didn't do a clean install give that a try.

But my call volume is lacking.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Neak kernel ....combined with the Uneak app from the play store will restore volume levels beyond factory specs...

It functions perfectly on VRB and Carbon ...

The setups are simple ...and I can confirm both roms work perfectly with that kernel and engine modification ....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY

If you use Better Battery Stats, you probably find that there was a kernel wakelock caused by mdm_hsic_pm0. I don't know of any "cure" for this, and it seems that not everyone has this issue, but something that tended to help my phone was to do a full power off then power on whenever it seemed the battery was discharging too fast. I'm not 100% sure, but it seemed as though the wakelock would start again whenever I would charge my phone, so I got in a habit of doing a cold reboot whenever I unplugged my phone.

hdbueller

Retired Forum Mod
Dec 22, 2004
Mid-Missouri
I have searched this entire thread as well as several others without finding an answer to my problem.... Since switching to the 4.2 ROMs I have not been able to successfully connect to and set up my exchange push email. When I set it up it says " syncing email" but it never does.... I have left it run literally all night with no emails appearing.... I have had my IT guy also try to help me set it up with no success....If anyone else has had this issue or knows of a fix, I would greatly appreciate knowing how it was done.... Thanks

Last edited:

kennonk

I have searched this entire thread as well as several others without finding an answer to my problem.... Since switching to the 4.2 ROMs I have not been able to successfully connect to and set up my exchange push email. When I set it up it says " syncing email" but it never does.... I have left it run literally all night with no emails appearing.... I have had my IT guy also try to help me set it up with no success....If anyone else has had this issue or knows of a fix, I would greatly appreciate knowing how it was done.... Thanks

I'm syncing fine with our exchange 2010 system on this Rom and all other 4.2 and 4.3 roms.

Have you tried touchdown? I'm a sysadmin for 2 mail systems and I put my trouble users on touchdown and it usually works for them.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

kennonk

Is there only the paid version?

You can use it to test with for free. I think there are only 1 or 2 features gimped on the unlicensed version like the custom signature. If it does fix all your problems it might be worth investing in. If it doesn't then you can be pretty confident the problem is not on your end. Also see if your exchange admin would be willing to run some account maint on your account. Sometimes if your folders or permissions on your account get out of whack that can make ActiveSync wonky.

The other nice thing about Touchdown is they give you decent logs to work with and their support forum is usually pretty friendly even for unlicensed users.

Since this problem occurs on more than this ROM we should probably take the conversation to PM or into the apps section if there is anything else I can do to help.

Good luck :)

Windza

Jul 28, 2008
Call Recording on Rootbox

OK... so what's it gonna take for someone to get legit 2 way call recording working on this ROM and phone combo for me...?

I'm cash heavy but time short and beyond pissed off trying everything with no luck (Xposed w/CallRecording Module, svalek(?) Call Recorder, Sanity etc.) and they're either 1 way crappy recordings (not worth a pinch) or just don't work at all.

This ROM is the ducks nuts for me except for call recording which I want desperately. I'm willing to provide a hearty donation to someone who can give me a solid solution.
If you're interested, let me know! I'm about to drop $200 on hardware to make this happen otherwise and then it's not portable anyway.... argh!

There's plenty of suggestions and ideas about it all, but no solid answers or verified users that I can find that have this working.... Anyone up to the challenge.:fingers-crossed:

Freija

Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Is there anyway to turn off the AOKP Statusbar Toggles? I want to use the toggles provided by Rootbox instead. When i deselect all toggles from the AOKP Rom Control > Statusbar Toggles > Toggle Setup, I just get the default toggles. (Current User, Brightness, Settings) etc.
Am I unable to find the setting to turn off AOKP Statusbar toggles completely or is this not an option?

Last edited:

Cubfan99

Jun 12, 2010

Just like many of these ROMs, setting above 70% makes the volume go down. Set the volume at 70 in ROM Settings, and that's as loud as it's going to get, which is plenty loud for me.

jessesam

Jul 31, 2006
Can some one recommend some good kernels for this rom?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Layman76

Aug 13, 2011
Bloomington, IN
Phone Audio & Voodoo Kernel

I have a few things...
1) Whenever I change the volume using the physical buttons, only the Media volume changes. I have to expand the Volume Panel every time I want to Silence/Unsilence my phone. I have tried changing the volume in several different apps, but it only changes the Media volume. Any insight as to how I can fix this would be appreciated.

2) How do you get the Voodoo Audio Kernel (WM8994) in DSP Manager? I'd love to try integrating it into other ROMs but I just can't find the source.

Thanks!

mrtoast

Jul 1, 2009
I have a few things...
1) Whenever I change the volume using the physical buttons, only the Media volume changes. I have to expand the Volume Panel every time I want to Silence/Unsilence my phone. I have tried changing the volume in several different apps, but it only changes the Media volume. Any insight as to how I can fix this would be appreciated.

2) How do you get the Voodoo Audio Kernel (WM8994) in DSP Manager? I'd love to try integrating it into other ROMs but I just can't find the source.

Thanks!
to silence my phone I put a toggle in the notification area as for getting the voodoo going, you need to install a kernel that has voodoo sound implemented. Might I suggest SOA ----> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2186037

Reactions: Layman76

Layman76

Aug 13, 2011
Bloomington, IN
to silence my phone I put a toggle in the notification area as for getting the voodoo going, you need to install a kernel that has voodoo sound implemented. Might I suggest SOA ----> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2186037

Okay, thanks for helping me out with the kernel issue. But I did figure out what went wrong with the ringer volume. Go to Settings>RootBox Settings and check and then uncheck “Media Control”. Hope this helps!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

RootBoxLogo_2.png

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM features and some CM cherry-picks. Keep in mind Jelly Bean is only at the beginning stage of development and there will be minor bugs. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Built from RootBox Sources

For a complete list of all Features in RootBox, visit the following link:
    Complete Feature List

AOKP Features

Hybrid Settings

Per App DPI
    Per App Colors (Statusbar, Icons, NavBar)
    Per App UI (Phone, Tablet, Phablet)
    Per App Expanded Mode (FullScreen)
    NavBar Height

General Settings

Home button call answer (Accessibility Option)
    Variable Lockscreen Pattern size (CM)
    Quiet Hours (CM)
    Power Sounds (CM)
    Camera Shutter sound
    Permissions (AOKP)
    Profiles (CM)
    Update Center – OTA Updates through GOO Manager

Camera

Save pictures to external memory
    Timer Shutter
    Voice Shutter
    Power Shutter
    Picture Size
    Focus Mode
    Color Effects
    Exposure
    White Balance
    ISO Settings
    Scenery Settings
    Smart Shutter
    Store Location (GPS)
    Burst Shots

Clock

Clock: Increasing Alarm
    Clock: Flip/Shake – Snooze or Dismiss
    Clock: Disable Alarm Icon on Statusbar

MMS

Easy selector
    Privacy Mode
    Quick Message
    Wake and Unlock
    Strip Unicode
    Emoji support
    Direct Call
    Message font size
    Text area size

Phone

Blacklist
    Noise supressiony, Off)
    Flip Actions
    Phone: Advance Phone Settings (Vibrate on Answer, Every 45 Seconds, On Hangup and On Call Waiting)
    Rejected calls as missed
    Voicemail can be cleared in notification

RootBox Settings

General UI

Pie (Paranoid Android)
    HALO
    Low Battery Warning (Pop-up & Sound, Pop-up only, Sound only, Off)
    Expanded Desktop

Keyboard

Disable Fullscreen Keyboard (Landscape mode)
    Auto keyboard rotation
    Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Lockscreen

Lockscreen See Through
    Lockscreen Background
    Screen Security Features (Unlock options: Quick Unlock, Delay Screen Lock, Menu Unlock, Home Unlock)

Statusbar and Notification Drawer

Breathing SMS
    Breathing Missed Call
    Display Connected WiFi Network beside Carrier Label
    Notification Drawer Shortcuts
    Notifications Behaviour (Always Expand, Never Expand, Normal, Old Style)
    Notification icon opacity
    Power Widget (CM)

Clock

cLock (Chronus)

Sound

Option to disable sound when adjusting volume
    Launch Music app on Headset connection
    Swap Volume Buttons on Rotation
    Media Keys

Hardware Keys

Hardware Keys Remapping
    Lockscreen Hardware Keys Remapping

Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM or Stock ROM:

1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

2. Flash RootBox zip

3. Flash Latest GAPPS

4. Wipe Dalvik Cache

5. Reboot

How to upgrade RootBox versions:

1. Download RootBox update

2. Flash RootBox update

3. Wipe Cache (Optional)

4. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Optional)

5. Reboot

RootBox Sources

www.github.com/Root-Box

Downloads

Official Downloads

Mirror 1

Mirror 2

Google Apps

Quick Tip: To avoid bad flashes and unexpected surprises, make sure you check the md5sum of the downloaded zip file against the one displayed on Goo.

All Private Messages sent to me for support will be ignored. I do not have the time to go through all the PMs I receive on a daily basis.

Changelog

**Due to thread size limit restrictions, only the latest version's changelog will be displayed.
    If you wish to have changelogs from previous versions, you can find them at the following link:

RootBox Changelogs

RootBox Nightlies Changelogs

Changelogs are now integrated with the ROM itself:

- At the root of ROM zip file (changelog.txt)
    - Goo Manager app (View Changelog section of the zip file)
    - Goo.im website (Drag mouse over the zip file and click "view file changelog")

Bugs

If you want to submit a bug report, you must include the proper log associated to your issue. If you don't know how to use adb, you can still get a logcat through various apps in the Play Store.

aLogcat Play Store Link

Donations

If you want to donate, feel free to do so but I'm not a big fan of donations. I put this up because I've been getting too many PM asking for my paypal account.

Credits/Thanks To:
    * AOKP
    * Teamhacksung
    * The CyanogenMod Project
    * Paranoid Android
    * DaXmax
    * Rodries
    * Pier
    * BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers

ScreenShots/Videos

picture.php

picture.php
    @bajee11

Not ringtones. Individual notification sounds. Here is a screen shot from Carbon.

Notice the Set ringtone and Set Notification

Sure, it'll be added in a few days when I'll get time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    for science :good: