[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM]RootBox 4.1 [Nightlies][OTG]

Search This thread

ricco333

Jul 24, 2012
Miami, FL
I followed the instructions and flash the latest but now when in gmail or browser, the menu option has disappeared.
What can I do to get them back?

Thanks

Settings, ROM control, Navigation bar. Menu location set to Right, also menu visibility set to JB default.

Erik

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: rezadue

malikalhaji

Jan 26, 2012
These are my current settings but I am not able to see the menu.:confused::confused:

Tick the "show menu UI overflow"
y9uge4up.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: rezadue

x3nophobia

Dec 23, 2010
Cairo
hi im on latest stable build 4.2, and i experience severe lag upon running app, and after that it return to homescreen on its own, could it be that tablet is too hot or any other prob? im running trinity kernel .does anyone experience problem like this?

aheeejd

Jan 5, 2012
off the coast o the kontiki!
Last post 2013 wow. Well I'll tell you what. I pretty much use my Nexus 10 as a garage TV. Netflix, History Channel, & ShowBox & when I watch something there's always problems, weather I'm on android 5.1, 6.0.1, 7.1 etc. I found a copy of this ROM & flashed it. I've watched a few episodes using showbox & right now I'm using history channel app & not 1 single hiccup. No buffering, no freezing, no "can't play video". Maybe the device runs better on the older ROMs but I don't know. But I tell you what, I'm running this & loving it. Plus I always like to flash the older ROMs now & again. Christ I even still have my supersonic laying around, still works great. Anyway, I know nobody will care about this post but just sharing an experience on a old great rom.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
Last post 2013 wow. Well I'll tell you what. I pretty much use my Nexus 10 as a garage TV. Netflix, History Channel, & ShowBox & when I watch something there's always problems, weather I'm on android 5.1, 6.0.1, 7.1 etc. I found a copy of this ROM & flashed it. I've watched a few episodes using showbox & right now I'm using history channel app & not 1 single hiccup. No buffering, no freezing, no "can't play video". Maybe the device runs better on the older ROMs but I don't know. But I tell you what, I'm running this & loving it. Plus I always like to flash the older ROMs now & again. Christ I even still have my supersonic laying around, still works great. Anyway, I know nobody will care about this post but just sharing an experience on a old great rom.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

You are not a!one here man. I also run this ROM on mine with no issues.
Actually, I have the KitKat build, not this one. Would you share your zip with me? If not, I completely understand.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

aheeejd

Jan 5, 2012
off the coast o the kontiki!
You are not a!one here man. I also run this ROM on mine with no issues.
Actually, I have the KitKat build, not this one. Would you share your zip with me? If not, I completely understand.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Sorry, I don't come here much anymore. Got so sick of the poor video play quality that I went & got an Acer 10 tablet. But I can upload that file to dropbox & share it with you, let me know. I'll check back here

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: glockman4519

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
Quote "[Ok give me a few hours, I'm at work, tablet with file is at home. I'll upload & share link with you via pm, check there,

Edit - PM sent, hope I did it correctly. PM using Tapatalk is a bit different then I remember.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk]" end quote

I am good to go. Thank you again. And you did it perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: aheeejd

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
Quote "[Ok give me a few hours, I'm at work, tablet with file is at home. I'll upload & share link with you via pm, check there,

Edit - PM sent, hope I did it correctly. PM using Tapatalk is a bit different then I remember.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk]" end quote

I am good to go. Thank you again. And you did it perfectly.
I still think this rom is one of the all time best for this device. I didn't see the post since I too don't spend much time in XDA any more or I would have googled you up too. I am archiving as many of these older roms that I can, especially the better ones like this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM features and some CM cherry-picks. Keep in mind Jelly Bean is only at the beginning stage of development and there will be minor bugs. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. I personally have a high standard when it comes to releases and this is why this project always meets the expectations of users. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Based on JB 4.2.2- Built from RootBox Sources

AOKP Features

CM Profiles

USB OTG

Per App DPI

Per App Tablet UI

Per App Language

Navigation Bar Colour

Lockscreen vibration option

Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Variable size pattern lockscreen

RootBox Settings

Lockscreen Shortcuts (Paranoid)

Lockscreen Targets

Expanded Desktop

LockClock (Chronus)

Screen Security Features (Unlock options)

Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM:

1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

2. Flash RootBox zip

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Dalvik Cache

5. Reboot

Coming from Stock ROM:

1. Root Tablet- Get TWRP Recovery

2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

3. Flash RootBox zip

4. Flash JB GAPPS

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache

6. Reboot

How to upgrade RootBox versions:

1. Download RootBox update

2. Flash RootBox update

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Cache (Optional)

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Optional)

6. Reboot

RootBox Sources

www.github.com/Root-Box

Built with stock Cyanogenmod Kernel

Downloads

ROM- http://rootbox.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/Nightlies/manta/

GAPPS- http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

Credits/Thanks To:
    * bajee11 - RootBox Creator
    * AOKP
    * Teamhacksung
    * The CyanogenMod Project
    * rovo89 - For his excellent work on Xposed Framework
    * Paranoid Android
    * Rodries
    * Pier
    * BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers​
    The next update should be huge in terms of optimization. Bajee has been very busy it seems that the next build should have PUB optimizations included. As soon as it's ready, I'll update.
    I guess we are official then! Yes the goo build should be fine. Let me know any issues.

Sent from my Find 5 using Tapatalk 2
    New Build Up

New Build Uploaded

This was posted by Bajee about the latest build:

Quick Update:

1) Tablet UI FC fixed. Some minor overlapping left to fix.
    2) Pie behaviour Fixed
    3) Ribbon Bottom switch should be fixed as well.
    4) Ribbon timeout and buttons reset will be fixed in next release - thanks to Steve
    5) PA Colours - needs to be fixed
    6) App menu UI Flow - needs to be fixed (3 dots menu)
    7) Notifications Shortcuts FC - needs to be fixed
    8) Profiles toggles not getting refreshed - needs to be fixed
    9)If no one noticed, I merged a new feature from CM - Power sounds. You'll find it in Settings>Sounds
    10) Fix every other minor bugs

As you can see, I'm aware of most bugs but I just don't have the time for it. If you think you can fix a few things in my absence, don't hesitate to send me a pull request. I'll try my best to merge the pull request as fast as I can. For those submitting translations pull requests, I kind of got fed up since you guys were submitting patches that were breaking the builds. Before submitting a patch, make sure you built with it first. The current bugs in RB are very minor IMO but if you feel it's too much for you to handle, then I suggest you move on to something better. And the rest of you guys, enjoy the latest nightly

Info on AOKP Ribbons:

https://plus.google.com/115269193314065531696/posts/Fj38vKBS7Ut