[ROM][4.2.2][Aug 6th] Slim Bean-d2vzw [build 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zhangmaster12

Sep 18, 2007
Champaign
Has anyone experienced increase screen power useage? I recommended a friend to try this ROM and he keeps complaining about screen power useage compared to the stock Samsung ROM. He is using the stock Slim kernel.

Thanks!

countryfolk07

Has anyone experienced increase screen power useage? I recommended a friend to try this ROM and he keeps complaining about screen power useage compared to the stock Samsung ROM. He is using the stock Slim kernel.

Thanks!

I think the screen usage is just more exaggerated on AOSP ROMs because the system and OS seem to use less resources than stock TW. That's my biggest battery eater also. But I definitely go longer per charge because the system is using less.

I tried bms on this rom, bluetooth does not work properly.
I went back to ktoons 7/19 and everything good.

post needs moved or just deleted. Sorry for posting here, thought I was in the beta 3 thread.

Again I'm very sorry for the confusion. I honestly don't know about bluetooth on build 8, but I always had good luck with all kernels. Or I should say dkp, bms, ktoonz, and imoseyon which i run the majority of the time.

Last edited:

ddurandSGS3

Jun 12, 2012
You do know there's a newer build for ktoonz kt747 kernel right? You may have already tried it. I like his kernel and the included tool even more. I don't use bluetooth yet (I feel like I'm still in the stone age, I'm used to having a fancy smancy car audio system with HU, Amps, Xovers, Components, and a pair of subs.) Now I'm barely able to play mp3's in my xterra (does have the fosgate package, much better than most factory systems, but no bluetooth, and no input :(.

Anyway, I've used dkp, bms, Ktoonz, and imoseyon's kernels, Right now I'm on imoseyon's RC3 (There's probably a newer one out now). I have noticed some crazy issues with apps crashing under what I would think is very little load. I'm also undervolted the same amount as I was on 4.2 but not overclocked at all either. I don't think it's slim's fault honestly though. And although slim take's much longer to "settle" under 4.3, battery life has stayed mostly the same. Maybe a touch worse even. I don't know for sure on that one. I have been using my phone more lately too.

I've never got the 4-5 hours of screen time and at least 12-18 hours of battery some get on a stock battery though. Ever. I'm not saying they don't but mine won't. My battery will last all day but I don't think it would with 4-5 hours of screen time. If so that would be all I do with it, then put it on airplane mode for the rest of the time. LOL.

have a good weekend everyone. I'm anxious to hear about what kernels and voltages people are using and their experiences. I'm always up for comparisons and hearing what people are getting with what on Slim. We all know slim is awesome. AOSP is awesome. But there are reasons for using TW. Everything and I mean everything should work under a TW rom. HDMI was working on this one in the past. I remember someone asking about that. I don't see why it wouldn't now. But you never know. I too would like to hear the result on that since I'd like to do the same and not but chromecast. I already use a pc for an HTPC but I don't subscribe to cable or anything else, so this would be great for me. I still own a dumb HDTV. As in no apps like youtube for those of you unfamiliar.

Now have a nice weekend. Maybe we'll get an update this weekend too if the SlimGods shine upon our phones. I hope so I look forward to them. But I dare not ask when or if, if so great, if not, I know they have their reasons, and people get busy with life. I appreciate all every dev does. And this here community. Yeah rattling again.

griz

7/19 is the latest 4.2 version

cstone1991

Jul 30, 2010
Google Pixel 3
I also have this issue and am looking for a solution. One thing I was thinking of doing was using an NFC tag and app to turn Bluetooth on when I get in the car.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I came up with a somewhat acceptable solution. I am using "Llama" (free on Google Play) to turn off BT every time my HU disconnects. When I get in my truck the HU gives me a notification about BT not connecting which reminds me to turn it back on. So good so far...

Sent from my SCH-I535

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
Slim build 8 with BMS kernel using smartmax/row.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1378000818568.jpg
    1378000818568.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 172

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
For some reason I couldn't do multiple pics with the XDA app but here's the others with my battery life. Everything on basically except sync. Also cpu at 1242/196. Screen at about 25% brightness.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378001801815.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378001801815.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 163
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378001814054.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378001814054.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 156

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
It's been more than a wwwk since anyone posted to this thread. Surely Slim's not dead...?

"I've got a revolution behind my eyes..."

--Battle Flag

Everyone's posting in the 4.3 Slim thread. There's no more updates for AOSP 4.2.2 so this is expected. Don't be shy, flash 4.3 Slim beta build 5. Plus, nicklovell23 is the new Slim maintainter for d2vzw.

Aha! Now I see I've been left behind!

Thanks for the update. I'll have to peek in at 4.3. Confess to being a bit worried about it. From what I've read, there appears to be some prerequisites to flash it and I am not a fan of the camera as I understand it.

Thanks for the heads up! Gotta make the jump some time!

--Battle Flag

tvl76

Dec 16, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Aha! Now I see I've been left behind!

Thanks for the update. I'll have to peek in at 4.3. Confess to being a bit worried about it. From what I've read, there appears to be some prerequisites to flash it and I am not a fan of the camera as I understand it.

Thanks for the heads up! Gotta make the jump some time!

--Battle Flag

The camera is better than the 4.2 one, IMO

ddurandSGS3

Jun 12, 2012
hey peeps

still running build 8 because its so awesome and my phone loves it.

im having an issue since the latest 4.3 stable dropped though. I cannot set the SLIM OTA app to not check for updates. I have it disabled, but it seems to continue to check for updates everytime i put data or wifi on.

Is there a trick to disabling this? Is it something I can freeze in titanium? any advice or clarification?

transitoyspace

May 22, 2010
Los Angeles, Ca
hey peeps

still running build 8 because its so awesome and my phone loves it.

im having an issue since the latest 4.3 stable dropped though. I cannot set the SLIM OTA app to not check for updates. I have it disabled, but it seems to continue to check for updates everytime i put data or wifi on.

Is there a trick to disabling this? Is it something I can freeze in titanium? any advice or clarification?

ya its a broken feature since i can remember. I just froze it under titanium.

flyestAC

Apr 20, 2013
Columbus
Anyone have a link to the build 8 slim gapps? Can't seen to find then on the website.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Status Update...

I've been pretty busy at work, 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day (outside/Texas/HOT!). So I am pretty beat to say the least. Just want to let everyone know that 4.3 IS currently being worked on, we have it booted and running on Nexus devices, so the rest will follow suit shortly :good:

also, the CDMA d2 devices (d2spr/d2vzw/d2usc) will be getting a new maintainer. I currently have 8 devices and its just to much to juggle with family and work. Plus I don't have a d2 any more and new maintainer does. If he wants to/ready to announce himself, then he can do so, or we will have a formal announcement later, as well as threads transferred. I want to Thank you all for supporting me and Slim, as well as helping me and each other with your devices and the threads. You guys are GREAT and are what makes all this worth it. Without your support the fun is gone, and it can become almost meaningless, job like :( This is definitely not the case here though! Not to get all mushy, but you guys have made this experience well worth it :good: just wanted to say "Thank You" and i hope to see ALL of you on a like device soon ;)

Thanks
    Well guys and girls, I have some good news, and some not so good news.

The good news is I switched back to sprint (verizon really pissed me off yesterday!). What this means is since my d2vzw wont work on Sprint, and I didnt want to sign a 2 year agreement and get a year old device. I got the galaxy S 4 :D

However, I will continue to push builds out for the GS3 for both verizon and sprint. And contimue to assist nicklovell23 with his un-official builds of SlimROM for d2usc, located @ Rootz. I will however need some "official" testers for d2vzw and d2spr as I cant whip something up and flash it real quick. I know I have some regulars that I send builds to, then some of you who know where my dev-host is. But we need to organize this a little better ;) I am going to need about 3 testers for each version sprint/verizon. To be a official tester you must be able to produce a LOGCAT (very important), download and install test builds within reasonable time (not 2 days later), willing to test the whole ROM (not just the cool things). Communication will be a must, I know sometimes it seems like I disappear, but I do have a life, lol. Even if I am not posting in the threads, more than likely I am doing something for Slim. Many posts go un-answered because the question was answered 2 pages prior! Also you guys rock on helping each-other out, I appreciate that. :good: So nothing will change with my move, just the test side will become more organized, and that is a good thing.

That said, If you would like to be a "Official" tester please PM me. In the subject let me know what device, d2vzw/spr. Also, please dont contact me if you dont have the ability, but want to learn. As much as I want to help, I dont have time to teach testers how to produce a LOGCAT or last_kmsg. There are plenty of guides out on the interwebz that will teach you basic debug skills.

SlimROM WILL continue to be supported on the GS3 by me and Team Slim. My switching carrier and device does not effect the ROM for GS3 at all.
    I enjoyed working with you all, we had some good times here in this thread. I look forward to continuing this, dont feel like I am abandoning you. This phone was my favourite device to date!

more important then before, if you find a bug in Slim. It MUST be explained how it can be reproduced (after a FULL wipe has been done), as well as a Logcat provided!!!
    Yes I am. And I'm excited to be here.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    I know Im probably late to the party, but build 6 has been released!