[ROM][4.2.2][August 5th] Slim Bean m7 [build 8.0]

Search This thread

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
Sony Xperia 1 III
It has been reported in the CM10.1 development thread that WiFi ain't working with WEP security. Just to let everyone know.

Interesting I'll see if I can get to the bottom of that over the weekend, Will have to dig out another AP to test on :)

1st
I wasn't able to establish a BT connection with my Sports Tracker heart rate belt even though it worked in CM10.1.

2nd
Is there any way to make keyboard bigger? I'm running with the default dpi of 360 but would really like to make the keyboard normal size. I'm using SwiftKey.

Strange, some of the BT kernel changes in CM stopped my headset and other devices from either pairing to start with, re-connecting devices that had already been paired and staying connected for more than 20 mins without disconnecting so I currently have it reverted back to HTC kernel code and everything has been working perfectly for me (al be it probably using slightly more battery). BT is definately still on the list of things that need work though.

Woohooooooo! This is what I have been waiting for! Slim Bean was godly on my Galaxy Nexus!

I really want this device to get Dual Boot so we can get both an AOSP and Sense ROM on the phone for easy switching! :(

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

Nandroid backed up my TrickDroid ROM and just flashed SlimBean, can't wait to see what its like on this phone :p

LOVE IT! But for the moment I will be sticking with Sense, just until this is more mature, use my phone too much to run full time :(

Did you find anything in particular that wasn't working ? I have been running for nearly a week now without any issues other than the few BT issues that have been mentioned (and are not specific to this rom)

Nick.

godofwar424

Oct 17, 2010
London
www.facebook.com
Did you find anything in particular that wasn't working ? I have been running for nearly a week now without any issues other than the few BT issues that have been mentioned (and are not specific to this rom)

Nick.

No everything was working perfect, the problem is that my device doesn't play well with custom Kernels and my capacitive touch buttons stop working :(

Most likely due to the old Sources HTC provided, Once the new Sources are out and my buttons work I will definitely be trying this ROM again as I honestly love it!

djsikhbeatsz

Dec 13, 2007
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Interesting I'll see if I can get to the bottom of that over the weekend, Will have to dig out another AP to test on :)

Strange, some of the BT kernel changes in CM stopped my headset and other devices from either pairing to start with, re-connecting devices that had already been paired and staying connected for more than 20 mins without disconnecting so I currently have it reverted back to HTC kernel code and everything has been working perfectly for me (al be it probably using slightly more battery). BT is definately still on the list of things that need work though.

Nick.

After being on this ROM for about a day, I had to revert to my backup (TrickDroid) for now. I wasn't getting a lot of my messages on Hangouts, and when I did they were extremely delayed. Is anyone else noticing this or is it just me? Loved Slimbean on my Skyrocket and then my S3. Can't wait for this to be resolved so that I can make it my daily driver again! Good work so far!

GerBBAR14_c

May 6, 2012
I haven't used SwiftKey in a while, but as far as I remember, I think there was a way in SwiftKey settings to adjust the key height, for both portrait and landscape modes. If I remember correctly it was in Advanced settings, I could be wrong though.

That was it. Million thanks.

And Flinny, thanks for the development!

phositadc

May 7, 2010
What is default dpi for slim bean? How much less than stock is it? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One

Brody5

Aug 17, 2011
England
Love the ROM. Only problem is YouTube doesn't play any videos. Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

seanyuan62

Oct 2, 2010
Is it just me or is the phone turning off and on kind of slow? I turned off all crt animations. But it just feels a little slow to turn on. Not a big deal at all

godofwar424

Oct 17, 2010
London
www.facebook.com
Random question, but is there any chance in hell of having the Halo feature from Paranoid Android implemented into SlimBean in the future, obviously after the PA team have it out of beta.

Brody5

Aug 17, 2011
England
How come media doesn't work on this rom? I can't play any kind of videos... Does anyone else have this problem?

blackroseMD1

Jul 12, 2010
San Diego, CA
www.standupforkids.org
How come media doesn't work on this rom? I can't play any kind of videos... Does anyone else have this problem?

Yep. Known issue. It's being looked in to.
@Flinny: Interesting. I used this Xposed Module from Entropy512 ([Xposed][HACK] Workaround for Netflix on CM10.1 - All Exynos4 devices), and was able to get Netflix to pull up the episode I was playing. Got audio, but no video. I know our devices aren't Exynos, but figured it was worth a shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brody5

jackwu95

Nov 7, 2012
Awesome

My favourite ROM comes to my favourite phone :D
Will try soon, but might hold out until some of the more prominent issues (wifi) get sorted out.
Shouldn't take long thanks to all you genius devs! :good:

ectoric

Mar 16, 2007
thumbs up for nice rom developer

having been waiting....hope to see more updates coming

keep up the good works

Reactions: Team hammer

ectoric

Mar 16, 2007
i notice the camera is no longer the new htc stock version.
and no email client. even AIO aroma also not included.

Hope to see upcoming version with original htc camera with zoe and email client.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Build 8 is up. BT should behave on calls now.

Also in the process of uploading some 4.3 alpha's....
    Build 6 is up on the website. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Does media work on this build anyone? I hope it does

It does for me :) Sorry been slightly busy these last few weeks. Will be more responsive from now hopefully. I'll start going a mini device specific change log from the next build.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta