[ROM][4.2.2]broodROM AOSP v1.0 (Based on Google Edition AOSP) 17-07-2013 R2 TEST

Search This thread

_frog hair

Feb 1, 2013
Guess it's gonna be F5 all day on this thread.. R2 on its way .. OH YEAH!

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Guess it's gonna be F5 all day on this thread.. R2 on its way .. OH YEAH!

broodplank1337

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net

He's right, It will be released today If I don't get to much barriers xd.

About DEV:

Currently working on the "kill all recent apps" function from cm :) for some reason it's not working .. smali drives me crazy lol.

IF someone is known with smali PLEASE help me XD. I've been working on this for the past 5 hours or so.
When you press the button nothing happens. don't ask me why, when the button has been pressed it freezes the interface but when reopened it's usable again. btw I need to add "<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.FORCE_STOP_PACKAGES" />" to AndroidManifest.xml but how? If I replace the original one it won't load, and If I sign it myself certs won't be good.. anyone?

(I suck at samli lolz)

Also enabled the rotation lock toggle btw

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-25-12-10-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-25-12-10-01.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot_2013-07-25-12-10-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-25-12-10-37.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 187
  • SystemUI.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

_frog hair

Feb 1, 2013
Wish i could help:(Smali stuff is not for me either. Although i know developers in here who knows all about it, such as recognized developer- Sparksco. I could ask around if you dont mind?

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk2

Reactions: broodplank1337

broodplank1337

Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
Wish i could help:(Smali stuff is not for me either. Although i know developers in here who knows all about it, such as recognized developer- Sparksco. I could ask around if you dont mind?

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk2

Yeh.. smali is a ***** xD. and oh that sounds good, can you please ask him? I need an advanced smali developer (I guess lol), Thanks a lot for mentioning him!

avsquare

Jul 4, 2013
He's right, It will be released today If I don't get to much barriers xd.

About DEV:

Currently working on the "kill all recent apps" function from cm :) for some reason it's not working .. smali drives me crazy lol.

IF someone is known with smali PLEASE help me XD. I've been working on this for the past 5 hours or so.
When you press the button nothing happens. don't ask me why, when the button has been pressed it freezes the interface but when reopened it's usable again. btw I need to add "<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.FORCE_STOP_PACKAGES" />" to AndroidManifest.xml but how? If I replace the original one it won't load, and If I sign it myself certs won't be good.. anyone?

(I suck at samli lolz)

Also enabled the rotation lock toggle btw

Getting all fired up for R2! :D

broodplank1337

Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
I´ve asked Sparksco about this. Could you provide a log in refference to this problem?

Thanks you, here is the only log I could get, really minimal information, that's why I don't know how to solve it.

Code:
D/AndroidRuntime( 5900): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 5900): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x413a2ac8)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at com.android.systemui.recent.RecentsPanelView.onTaskThumbnailLoaded(RecentsPanelView.java:524)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at com.android.systemui.recent.RecentTasksLoader$4.onProgressUpdate(RecentTasksLoader.java:533)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at com.android.systemui.recent.RecentTasksLoader$4.onProgressUpdate(RecentTasksLoader.java:524)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage(AsyncTask.java:647)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5306)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:869)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

The problem probably Is my sloppy way of smali coding, I always have a very bad overview of what I'm doing @ smali. Java is different :good: Anyways, thanks for helping ;)

Reactions: _frog hair

_frog hair

Feb 1, 2013
Thanks you, here is the only log I could get, really minimal information, that's why I don't know how to solve it.

Code:
D/AndroidRuntime( 5900): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 5900): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x413a2ac8)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at com.android.systemui.recent.RecentsPanelView.onTaskThumbnailLoaded(RecentsPanelView.java:524)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at com.android.systemui.recent.RecentTasksLoader$4.onProgressUpdate(RecentTasksLoader.java:533)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at com.android.systemui.recent.RecentTasksLoader$4.onProgressUpdate(RecentTasksLoader.java:524)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage(AsyncTask.java:647)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5306)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:869)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5900): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

The problem probably Is my sloppy way of smali coding, I always have a very bad overview of what I'm doing @ smali. Java is different :good: Anyways, thanks for helping ;)

Just glad to be helpful.. hoping this will get sorted out soon. good thing is that 4.3 is rolling out as we speak, so hopefully sources are comming soon for us as well.

broodplank1337

Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
hope the problem is just on my side. the unlock icon is moved slightly to the right. just an observation :D my OCD is tingling
Clnc6YB.jpg

No it's not just you, the controlview is not centered because of the "keyguard_transport_control" layout that needed to be disabled to recompile the apk. I think we have to ask some themer, I have attempted a few times but failed.

Just glad to be helpful.. hoping this will get sorted out soon. good thing is that 4.3 is rolling out as we speak, so hopefully sources are comming soon for us as well.

Thanks, I appreciate that. And yes idd hope it gets sorted soon, and btw I already tried to compile AOSP 4.3 for jfltexx, and I must say it doesn't look bad at all. the main issue is the lack of support for the "-mfpu=neon-vfpv4" parameter (causes trouble at LibRS) along with some errors with the hardware, but the rest of the compiling process just passes by like compiling for a emulator. It compiles (with -k) a system size of about 230mb (everything is complete except a lot of libs are missing) If CM10.2 is updated far enough, I might be able to actually fully compile aosp 4.3 by just swapping some folders from CM10.2 to AOSP4.3. (sounds way easier then it actually is..). Anyways, samsung is never going to release sources.. cheap bastards. only kernel source and VERY VERY VERY (extremely) limited platform source:mad:

btw cool thing, google added the build type barebone, it's called "embedded", I think it's to compile command line only android versions for various hardware devices ;),

_frog hair

Feb 1, 2013
No it's not just you, the controlview is not centered because of the "keyguard_transport_control" layout that needed to be disabled to recompile the apk. I think we have to ask some themer, I have attempted a few times but failed.

Thanks, I appreciate that. And yes idd hope it gets sorted soon, and btw I already tried to compile AOSP 4.3 for jfltexx, and I must say it doesn't look bad at all. the main issue is the lack of support for the "-mfpu=neon-vfpv4" parameter (causes trouble at LibRS) along with some errors with the hardware, but the rest of the compiling process just passes by like compiling for a emulator. It compiles (with -k) a system size of about 230mb (everything is complete except a lot of libs are missing) If CM10.2 is updated far enough, I might be able to actually fully compile aosp 4.3 by just swapping some folders from CM10.2 to AOSP4.3. (sounds way easier then it actually is..). Anyways, samsung is never going to release sources.. cheap bastards. only kernel source and VERY VERY VERY (extremely) limited platform source:mad:

btw cool thing, google added the build type barebone, it's called "embedded", I think it's to compile command line only android versions for various hardware devices ;),

It sounds line a great idea, swapping cm folders to complete the libs. Even though that it's quite comprehensive:-/
About samsung releasing sources. Yey... Its so typical, its sad...
Btw havent heard from sparksco yet. I'll get back to you as soon as i do.

Sendt fra min GT-I9505G med Tapatalk2

broodplank1337

Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
Sry guys have been working on CM10.2 and AOSP 4.3 last days, and since CM10.2 already runs very good, everything works. So I might switch to the open source alternative for continuing my work on broodROM AOSP. So it's kinda like CM Libs + AOSP Apps/Framework (with modifications). But of course 4.3 ;) since that allows custom kernels as well right now. I just hate to do all this reverse engineering.. so I think this is the best option for me

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Sry guys have been working on CM10.2 and AOSP 4.3 last days, and since CM10.2 already runs very good, everything works. So I might switch to the open source alternative for continuing my work on broodROM AOSP. So it's kinda like CM Libs + AOSP Apps/Framework (with modifications). But of course 4.3 ;) since that allows custom kernels as well right now. I just hate to do all this reverse engineering.. so I think this is the best option for me

Brood, iv been considering doing the same for my rom.

You have CM10.2 running stable already !? :eek:

Im in the process of setting up my build enviroment at the moment, cant wait to get home from work to continue... may have to request some assitance from you if you dont mind, as this will be the first time ill be compiling android purely from source. Im quite excited to be honest.. haha.

broodplank1337

Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
Brood, iv been considering doing the same for my rom.

You have CM10.2 running stable already !? :eek:

Im in the process of setting up my build enviroment at the moment, cant wait to get home from work to continue... may have to request some assitance from you if you dont mind, as this will be the first time ill be compiling android purely from source. Im quite excited to be honest.. haha.

Lol hehe nice, I think it's the best option for proper developing instead of reverse engineering.

And yes it runs stable already lol. Only found 2 fc's so far on camera when taken picture and trebuchet give a fc once in a while, but all other things are working.

Nice to hear that :p I can help you if you have questions :p. And yes it's pretty cool to build from source :cool::cool:

be sure to have a linux installation (64bit) ready (dual boot or VM, dual boot is preferred)

btw, today I had family over from Sydney, your hometown ;) all the way to the netherlands lol.

Reactions: fOmey

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Lol hehe nice, I think it's the best option for proper developing instead of reverse engineering.

And yes it runs stable already lol. Only found 2 fc's so far on camera when taken picture and trebuchet give a fc once in a while, but all other things are working.

Nice to hear that :p I can help you if you have questions :p. And yes it's pretty cool to build from source :cool::cool:

be sure to have a linux installation (64bit) ready (dual boot or VM, dual boot is preferred)

Appreciate that very much...

Im going to be installing Ubuntu on one of my slaves tonight, ill definately be dual booting. ill keep you posted via PM on my progress..

Im even considering buying a dedicated SSD for my builds, depends how much I like building from source tho.. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    broodROM AOSP v1.0 (JDQ39.I9505GUEUAMFD)

broodrom.png

Short Info
    I decided to build a initial version of broodROM AOSP. the main concept is a slimmed down version of the Google Edition ROM, the core Google apps are all up to date (because you don't want to update ~6-9 apps every time you install a new version). Next to that I added the brood touch to it of course, this means it has unique features compared to other roms and includes built in extra's. I took proper care of the simcard bug (100% unstuckable)

Installation:
    1. Download latest release
    2. Put zip on internal or external sdcard
    3. Reboot in recovery (from device off: hold volume up + power until you see the blue text in the left corner of the screen) (or 'adb reboot recovery)
    4. If coming from an other rom please do a factory reset for best results
    5. Install the rom zip. once its completed you're done, enjoy the rom!

Features:
    - Based on JellyBean AOSP 4.2.2 Google Edition (JDQ39.I9505GUEUAMFD)
    - Rooted
    - Deodexed
    - Zipaligned
    - Init.d support
    - No Adds (hosts file)
    - broodKernel v1.3 (o3) with Fixed MTP, LPM Charge
    - Settings menu hooks:
    -- broodParts Lite (Manage your CPU & I/O Settings)
    -- InstaVOLT (Manage the CPU voltages)
    -- CyanogenMod DSP Manager (Equalizer and audio effects)
    -- Backup Manager (Easy and fast ondemand nandroid backup)
    - Extended Power Menu with 4 Way Reboot (thnx to smaberg)
    -- Combined with my own Special Sim Unstucker (100% success, because of raw "pkill -f -TERM" instead of crashing framework)
    - Terminal Emulator
    - CyanogenMod cLock
    - Redesigned Launcher2 hotseat to match normal layout and replaced clock widget with cLock

Screenshots:
    Homescreen, Special Sim unstucker and Settings hooks:
    Screenshot-2013-07-13-12-15-18.png
    189_screenie.png
    Screenshot-2013-07-13-12-15-47.png

About menu, Backup Manager & DSP Manager:
    Screenshot-2013-07-13-12-16-47.png
    Screenshot-2013-07-13-12-17-12.png
    Screenshot-2013-07-13-12-17-27.png

Battery (screen on) and broodParts S4
    amazingscreenontime.png
    191_broodparts1.png
    broodparts2.png

Download:

v1.0:

Mirror #1 broodplank.net
    Mirror #2 mega.co.nz
    Mirror #3 Newsgroups
    Mirror #4 RammBase.com(Thanks to @flo110)
    Mirror #5 FusionLan.com (Thanks to @svfusion)

Release 2 test build
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43665433&postcount=106
    or
    RammBase.com (Thanks to @flo110)

(The attachment is aka mirror 3)
    Ok I finally got a boot persists governor and min freq, they were reset by /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh at every boot, that's the reason. the reason for the max freq resetting was because of the cpufreq.c file I used in the kernel, so I solved these (great) barriers, they were the cause of "frozen-like" development next to the sun that burned me alive. I hope to release R2 tomorrow. This time for real!
    Here is the test build of Release 2, it includes the newest broodKernel PreRelease build, which is v1.5 (which also uses a NON SE LINUX RAMDISK). It's still experimental but you get really sick benchmarking scores with it. Anyways, it runs really smooth, but has some issues left (no real issues as in unstable but minor ones).

Bugs that I know are there, since I didn't code them yet:
    - 50/50 boot persistent values could occur in broodParts S4
    - Vibration Pattern Regulator in broodParts S4 is able to "bug" phone once in a while when previewing
    - InstaVOLT "UV TYPE" Not working yet
    - Backup Manager, All options below the first 2 are not working yet

I have made a small (scripted) framework inside /system/etc, the scripts work a long with the apps, for devs maybe intresting to take a look

- Bugs from Release 1 fixed except unlock circle not centered on lockscreen
    - Very awesome circle percent battery added ;)
    - Added my own boot animation :eek:

- More changes but atm to lazy to name them as this is no official build whatsoever
    - The rom is not in it's final state, so Release 2 could look different

Download:
    http://www.broodplank.net/files/broodROM-AOSP-Release2-PreRelease.zip

RELEASE THE TESTERS!!!
    Shud we wait untill u release a 4.3 version? To flash.. Just downloaded v2 that's y

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

No, it may take a while, first R2 will be released which is 4.2.2 then I can continue on a new firmware, anyways, Ill maybe release another test build like R2 test, but my main concern is that there is no kernel source available. I don't like to run stock kernel on my own rom. also the stock voltages make my phone like a fried spring roll. I have to lay down some icecreams (in the wrapper) and put my phone on it to benchmark properly on those voltages

Wait for it, I just flashed it and it's fast! No battery drain.

Idd I tried it as well. and it's very fast idd, will samsung keep producing 4.2.2 or 4.3 builds for i9505g :silly:? I have no clue, they seem to release randomly

oh and ontopic, got the camera from CM10.1 working WITH STORAGE SELECTION
    The stock dialer on 4.3 is the best one I have used so far - very good prediction and slick layout.

Ok, ill check out if I can port it ;)