[ROM][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for GT-I8190 [2013-10-06]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Moraga

Jul 22, 2013
Guys my cpu is blocked at 1000mhz, deep sleep work but it's still blocked at 1000mhz... And if i put the cpu in consevative mode, on demand it stays on 1000mhz. Issue ?

And the android plateform is about 33% of my battery ! Normally i've 13%.

But nice work dude ! :)

tds4u

Feb 13, 2013
Hannover
www.tds-net.de
Guys my cpu is blocked at 1000mhz, deep sleep work but it's still blocked at 1000mhz... And if i put the cpu in consevative mode, on demand it stays on 1000mhz. Issue ?

No problems here.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375273589111.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375273589111.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 641

youStolemylaptop

Mar 21, 2012
I can confirm that. Camcorder with 720p without hanging. Nice!

Battery life is very good. Deep sleep is working as expected.

That's the first ROM for S3 Mini I can recommend for daily usage. Flickering is acceptable. Small bugs still left but these aren't relevant for daily use.

@OliverG96: I you want to have a tester I would offer me :good: You've done a great job on pushing CM for I8190.
Btw, can we support you in a way you can get something else as thanks on XDA?

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

30% in 2 hours? First set WLAN policy:
1) Navigate to Menu > Settings > WiFi and select the menu button again.
2) Select Options, Advanced
3) Set “Keep WiFi on during sleep” to “Only when plugged in”

Reset battery stats and calibrate it (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&hl=de).
Further try to set display brightness to 25-50%, not more!

Hope I helped you :confused:

It's not really me, it was someone else that posted about the 30% in 2 hrs. I'll tell that guy about this post though.

Si-R

Jan 24, 2013

The Max Frequency is set on 1000 MHz and the Min Frequency is set on 1000 MHz too at start ...

But if you change the Min Frequency to 200 MHz, everything is fine, and you can put the CPU in ondemand mode.

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Flickering is much less noticeable now, but it still here. I'm playing with other posible values trying to reduce it as posible.
I don't think this fix the real problem, so probably we'll have flickering until we find were the issue is located, anyway, for now, this workaround works better than I expected.

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Am I the only one around here thinking this device deserves official CM support?
First of all, maclaw team is working on a separate version, which only makes things slower, as it is not a whole team (although I see some signs of competitive spirit on their website)
Also, from what I see, CM10 works really well without any bugs (maclaw version) so there should be no problem getting support from cm

Anyone else?

P.s: this thread should be in original development

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Am I the only one around here thinking this device deserves official CM support?
First of all, maclaw team is working on a separate version, which only makes things slower, as it is not a whole team (although I see some signs of competitive spirit on their website)
Also, from what I see, CM10 works really well without any bugs (maclaw version) so there should be no problem getting support from cm

Anyone else?

Why on Original Android Development?

Reactions: vlt96

hans3103

Nov 25, 2007
venlo
Fairphone
Motorola Edge 30
I am happy to see someone take the effort to make a good working cm10.1. I tried it but it felt a little slow as far as i tried it everything works. If it was a little faster then it was close to be perfect. Maybe i do somthing wrong......

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Why on Original Android Development?

Well, on my old device (Optimus One) after original development appeared, only ported roms remained in normal development section, kernels and roms build from source belong to original development

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
I cannot see any more flicker anywhere, I tested them switching screens on app drawer, scrolling lists like on settings app, and I even tried it running a Pokemon game on an emulator at x2 speed and none of them reported flickers.

Maybe other heavier apps will give glitches, I don't know.

A new build will be uploaded tomorrow, and after I'll start over 4.3:fingers-crossed:

Indigoreli

Apr 12, 2012
Iguala
I cannot see any more flicker anywhere, I tested them switching screens on app drawer, scrolling lists like on settings app, and I even tried it running a Pokemon game on an emulator at x2 speed and none of them reported flickers.

A new build will be uploaded tomorrow, and after I'll start over 4.3:fingers-crossed:

Woooow, it's Amazing! sorry for my very bad english, i'm from Mexico ;C thanks for u work in this rom! the new link is available now?

Reactions: ftheriau01

Swift2603

Anyone else?

There will be no official CM support due to the closed-source NovaThor drivers. The NovaThor-Project has been discontinued, so there is little to no chance of getting hands on that drivers sources (@OliverG96: Please correct me if I am wrong).

PS.: "Original development" is related to the stock ROMs, isn't it?

Si-R

Jan 24, 2013
There will be no official CM support due to the closed-source NovaThor drivers. The NovaThor-Project has been discontinued, so there is little to no chance of getting hands on that drivers sources (@OliverG96: Please correct me if I am wrong).

PS.: "Original development" is related to the stock ROMs, isn't it?

"Original development" is related to the stock ROMs => No ... It's for Funny developpement, like Spécials Kernel, APPs, Or Spécials ROM but CM is now very knowned and every body are waiting this ROM for each new phone, so we can almost consider that it's an usual ROM ;)

Ps : OliverG96 has start to work on CyanogenMod, before than Maclaw do it, and he has help Maclaw for his release !!!

Re-Ps : Just to comfort some people who have an alert Avast for the settings.apk
I have send the file to virustotal.com and there is only avast who find something... a false positive...

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2010
London
Is there an easy way to enable USB mass storage for this ROM or a compatible application? It's the one thing that annoys me heavily with the S III mini.

dacc

Nov 27, 2011
Hi Oliver :) Is there a way for increase in call volume ? it's a bit low...

DiSrUpTeRnL

Apr 9, 2012
Rotterdam
I think its wise to stop discussing in this thread about who developed what, where,when, how, and who used or stole, what and when from who.
And help OliverG96 with feedback about this rom.
don't want to sound like a mod but if there is a need for discussing this make a tread in the general section for this, and keep this tread clean.

Regards,
Mark

Reactions: tux95

Swift2603

Is there an easy way to enable USB mass storage for this ROM or a compatible application? It's the one thing that annoys me heavily with the S III mini.

Mass storage mode has been erased from the Android code since ICS on purpose... You could use KIES or MyPhoneExplorer for file transfers if you are not happy with the MTP-Mode.

Reactions: vlt96
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sin%2520nombre.png

For your information

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is developed for the GSM 8GB version of Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190), and tested when running I8190XXAMA2 baseband.

I'll only support this model since it's the only one I own, if someone wants to attempt to port this ROM to his model feel free to take my tree as base, but don't expect support from me.

I'll never recommend this rom for daily use, you'll use it at your own risk. I do this because I love to learn lots of things about Android.

Reporting Bugs

If you want to report bugs please read THIS HOWTO first. Please try to provide logs if you see errors (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to do that check google or ask people here to help you. Don't contact me directly.

Enabling logcat Logging (Windows HOWTO: How to logcat like a Pro!)
    adb shell dmesg
    How to use strace?

Download

You are storing very sensitive information on your phone. You always have to be careful what ROMs you flash and whom you trust. If you don't trust me then don't use my ROM or compile it from source by yourself.

You can download the ROM here.

If you are going to host my ROM somewhere else, please let me know that on this thread or over PM, so I can add the link here also :)

This ROM is not meant for daily use!

Credits

- diego-ch, because he was the guy I worked together when nobody still develops for this device
    - TeamCanjica members.
    - marcin and maclaw, for HW Accec and MTP
    - benjamingwynn & dudeman1996, for help me on my first steps.
    - gladiac (modpunk), for teach me the right way of develop something.
    - xd.bx, for the awesome fixes for recovery
    - helicopter88, asturel and bytecode for been the first ones on listen my firsts fights with code.
    Most Annoying Bugs

1 - RIL, most of people didn't have problems anymore, but some have issues (like me) and couldn't find some network operators.
    2 - Low quality on Youtube video playback, I suppose it's just the multiple color conversions we had to do.

Changelog

2013-10-06
    - Fixed offline charging.
    - Deleted smartassv2 governor.
    - Cannot mute microphone on phone app fixed. (Thanks Robert!)

2013-09-28
    - Fixed Wifi thetering.
    - Fixed video playback hangs.
    - No tearing noticeable, set refresh rate to 65.
    - Removed LUX Settings.
    - Added missing equalizer config to stop logcat complains.
    - Added missing stagefright soft audio libs.
    - Possible fix for:
    1) Low volume on incoming calls.
    2) Wifi direct connection (P2P).

2013-09-05
    - Testing fixes for:
    a) Low volume from speaker on incoming calls.
    b) Bluetooth A2DP and thetering.
    c) Latest Youtube app issue with blackscreen.
    - Building libasound from samsung released sources.

2013-08-25
    - Fixed CPU stuck issues at max freq
    - Fixed GPS.
    - Major clean-up of blobs and unused services on ramdisk
    - Compiled OMX core from source
    - Enabled LUX values editing.
    - Added smartassv2 governor.

2013-08-01
    - Improved screen tearing issues.
    - Clean-up of duplicated services and kill logspam from ramdisk.
    - Build b2r2 lib from source.
    - Delete useless blobs
    - Set interactive as default governor.

2013-07-29
    - First release

I made a rework of omx fix, and at the end of some fixes, and some little hacks, I was able to watch continously two videos of 30 minutes.
    The app still crashes sometimes when you open a new video and another is in background, but at least the issue with the image stuck and audio still running is gone as I can see.
    I also have fixed wifi thether and added another possible fix for low volume in-call which I trust.

I'll try to upload a new build tomorrow evening.

P.D: Offline charger is still broken

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 usando Tapatalk 2
    A new build is up!
    Code:
    [B]2013-10-06[/B]
    - Fixed offline charging.
    - Deleted smartassv2 governor.
    - Cannot mute microphone on phone app fixed. (Thanks Robert!)

I don't have plans to continue on 4.2 branch, next weekend I'll try to start working on 4.3 if I get some time.