[ROM][4.2.2]CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly builds

Search This thread

cdesai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is a preview build of CyanogenMod 10.1

Sauce: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

Downloads
ROM: http://goo.im/devs/cdesai/cm/
Google Apps: 1 2

Installation
Note: this ROM uses the same partition layout as recent CM10 builds.

1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  2. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
  3. Optionally install the Google Addon

Known Issues
  • Bootanimation looks weird for the first few seconds.

Change Log
  • Initial release

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Note that this is a preview release and non-device specific bugs will not be accepted. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Use these commands to get a logcat and dmesg
Code:
adb root
adb logcat > logcat.txt (wait for a few seconds then press Ctrl + C)
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt

Credits
  • humberos, sbradymobile, jt1134, pawitp and everyone else involved in coding and debugging.

Last edited:

darksmartz

Dec 10, 2011
Manly tears, My Tab is ALIVE.

1288220242183.jpg

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
12-6 11:52 AM CST: Thanks! Downloading now!
12-6 1:10 PM CST: Attached 1st+2nd run FULL+Warning+Error filtered versions. (no crash's or issues, attached for due diligence of first run browsing)
12-6 1:15 PM CST: Attached 3rd run FULL+Error filtered logcat. (no crash's or issues, attached for due diligence)
12-6 3:25 PM CST: First random reboot, had logcat attached the entire time, didnt catch anything, attempting to get dmsg
12-6 3:35 PM CST: dmesg attached, but dont know if it will be helpful*...
12-6 4:15 PM CST: another dmesg after crash, was just hitting the back button out of YouTube...
12-7 11:15 AM CST: Added note about rotation issue
12-12 2:10 AM CST: Added logcat/dmesg's in relation to the Google Now/Sound Recorder**

BACON!

So far:
Not working:
-Bluetooth | Known 12-6-2012
-Automatic Backlight | Known since CM9
-Torch aka flashlight | Works, Extreme enable delay, 3-10 sec
-Camera/Video | Auto Flash broken, no resolution/advanced options
-Manual Rotation/Orientation reverse | landscape rotation is reversed/wrong, 270 instead of 90
Working:
+Auto Rotation | another poster said it didn't work, but it works for me
+Clock | another poster said it didnt work, but it works for me
+Market+Google Stuff | download and install of an App was successful + run
+Camera/Video | Front+Back regular pictures + manual flash
Notes:
~Boot Animation is Landscape only | Known 12-6-2012
~Everything I was able to test in 20min aside from the above, worked fine
~Its been a minor irritant since CM9, but the Galaxy Tab settings always has TV out as PAL***
~While I do not have service currently, It does show signal strength, and does show carrier info

*first post should be updated to note if doing the dmesg command on the device it should be dmesg > sdcard/dmesg.txt

**It doesnt always happen using Sound Recorder, but so far, each time I have launched Google Search (aka Google Now) moments after launch when it seems like its initiating, it locks up the tablet, there was one time I was able to use it, but I havent been able to replicate that good luck all day/night last night :( attached is the error's from logcat (I didnt see anything) and the 3 dmesg's I tried to capture after the device rebooted from the crash/shutdown

***I have the P1C or the CDMA variant, the Verizon Galaxy Tab, AFAIK, its a US device, always NTSC never PAL, am curious to know if the default can be changed PER device/model, if not, I understand seeing as the forums at least seem to be devoid of many other CDMA users vs GSM users.

Attachments

• firstrun+secondrun-warning-logcat.txt
    111.1 KB · Views: 107
  • firstrun+secondrun-error-logcat.txt
    67.6 KB · Views: 27
  • firstrun+secondrun-logcat.7z
    102.2 KB · Views: 97
  • thirdrun-logcat.7z
    61.8 KB · Views: 60
  • thirdrun-error-logcat.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 17
  • dmesg.txt
    75.4 KB · Views: 24
  • dmesg_d12-6-2012_t4-15PM.txt
    66.2 KB · Views: 27
  • GoogleNow_d12-12-2012.7z
    25.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin
So far :eek:

WORKING:
-WiFi: WPA2 seems to be not supported or my channel has been setted up wrong! (i cant contect to my wlan ;))
-Auto Rotation
-GPS
-Mobile Data (RIL)
-Display Rendering
-3D (played GTA III on it, works very well)
-Clock works fine
-Camera (no flashlight -.-)
-Gollum
-Clock works ;)

Thats all so far

Some Screenies :eek:

screenshot2012120620052.png
screenshot2012120620053.png
screenshot2012120620054.png
screenshot2012120620060.png
screenshot2012120620061.png
screenshot2012120620064.png
screenshot2012120620082.png
screenshot2012120620083.png
screenshot2012120620084.png
screenshot2012120620085.png
screenshot2012120620110.png
screenshot2012120620143.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
On devices running Android 4.2, developer options are hidden by default, helping to create a better experience for users. You can reveal the developer options at any time by tapping 7 times on Settings > About phone > Build number on any compatible Android device.

Thanks...

also, never thought id have a split feeling about something, but as much as i personally hate this change, its... interesting!

changes made, going to play with it for a bit, will update my post again if need arises

EDIT: where can I disable lock screen rotation? lots of changes from 4.1 /~

Last edited:
about to download CM10.1 now, Ive been patiently waiting for 4.2 for a few weeks now, BIG UP to C.M TEAM & all DEVS that made this possible for our BELOVED P1000. Nuff RESPECT...!!!!!!!

I downloaded the rom and gapps about an hour and a half already and must say it responds great and its quick with no lags at all, however i cant figure out where to find the connection to tap when I plug my USB into the computer, usually a notification pops up up top and I would then pull down the notification page but its not being recognized when i connect, and ideas why, i re wiped and flashed cause i had a lil problem with the google page being upside down but that got fixed when I re flashed my device. any help will be appreciated, and thanks again to every involved with the rom for keeping the hope alive...

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
How can I change landscape to portrait layout?

I have not found rotation controls anywhere I looked, only Auto rotate and locked (toggle)... HOWEVER, that doesn't meant they aren't there, it also doesn't mean they are... I didnt know the new trick to get the Developer/Performance options in settings, so I will wait for the official word!

Speaking of rotation, with CM10.1, it seems that the rotation option in many programs flips portrait in the reverse direction! In CM10 (last I used was CM10 nightly 12-2-2012, and its a default setting I change upon each fresh wipe), when I set my launcher to portrait only, it was fine and the portrait direction was level to where my home/back/search/menu buttons where on the right, which is right as it should be (har har?), now when I set the option for Portrait mode in my launcher its flipped upside down with my controls on the left hand side (might be good for the lefty's)!

Ill add that to my earlier post as well, but Ill do it in the morning when I lookup what the orientation degrees are so as not to make an even further fool out of myself!

Reactions: nfigueiroa

cub3r

Mar 12, 2011
Cyberjaya
okay, so anyone know how to open recent apps? because i tried to press home button, but it doesn't show anything expect my tab keep buzzing.
thanks! :)

nemory

Feb 8, 2011
Talisay
stackwares.com
Great great job!!!!

I'm now downloading it. You guys really ROCK! You are keeping P1000 so alive.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

So thankful to CDESAI. However, hopefully in the next build or so we can now enable soft buttons navbar. :)

a-vista

Oct 29, 2011
Nice ROM!!

Cdesai,

The ROM is excellent for a experimental release..

There are just small adjust to do...

List of Bugs:

- Bluetooth, as you informed before.
- Panorama photo show revert (mirror) image.
- I didn't found the Recent apps buttons option.
- Rotation option in many programs flips portrait in the reverse direction (as informed for @Hammerfest)
- Here doesn't mount USB automatic (i use a app and its works, normally)
- I cannot set a grid apps correctly.

All the rest works fine!!
It is very smooth..

Congratulations for all devs.:good:

rheen

Jan 27, 2011
any one can give me screenshot please...?

:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a preview build of CyanogenMod 10.1

Sauce: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

Downloads
    ROM: http://goo.im/devs/cdesai/cm/
    Google Apps: 1 2

Installation
    Note: this ROM uses the same partition layout as recent CM10 builds.

1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon

Known Issues
    • Bootanimation looks weird for the first few seconds.

Change Log
    • Initial release

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Note that this is a preview release and non-device specific bugs will not be accepted. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Use these commands to get a logcat and dmesg
    Code:
    adb root
    adb logcat > logcat.txt (wait for a few seconds then press Ctrl + C)
    adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt

Credits
    • humberos, sbradymobile, jt1134, pawitp and everyone else involved in coding and debugging.
    Re: [ROM][4.2.1]CyanogenMod 10.1 Experimental Builds

I have not abandoned this project, just been busy with life.

I'll try doing a new build once 4.2.2 is fully merged if time permits. :)
    EDIT: Builds for all 4 variants up.
    Rotation issue has been fixed, and everything except the bootanimation (which is also fine after a few seconds of derping) is fine :)

Won't be able to compile and upload test builds today though, i've got exams, but i'll try doing so by the weekend.